This day on April 26
None

Happy Birthday To: Hemmer2Eberle, Burgeoboy, Weloveoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in PlayoffsPages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831148]
Sat, 23 March 2024 12:38 Go to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

I am just wondering about a lot of posters expectations and what most would be ok with this post season. First round? Second round? Western Conference Finals?, Stanley cup appearance? Stanley cup? How far does everyone believe The Oilers can go this season? If they make it out the first round I can see them making a deep run into the Western Conference Finals, emphasis on IF? That being said so much depends on puck luck like the bounce of the puck; favorable match-ups; getting hot at the right time and lack of injuries? What are your guys expectations this year?

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Send a private message to this user  

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831152 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Sat, 23 March 2024 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I mean, the only expectation is to win the Stanley Cup at this point. The playoffs are like running the gauntlet. With some luck, this team could pull it off. Unfortunately, this team would require a little more luck than I would like.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831230 is a reply to message #831152 ]
Sat, 23 March 2024 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Sat, 23 March 2024 16:57

I mean, the only expectation is to win the Stanley Cup at this point. The playoffs are like running the gauntlet. With some luck, this team could pull it off. Unfortunately, this team would require a little more luck than I would like.

Two of the best players in the NHL, including a generational talent, in their primes and just finishing a 5 year deal of the highest paid GM in the league. Indeed, how can expectations be any less than a cup?

Sad reality is that we got a value return for Holland's 5M per year that lands smewhere between jack Campbell for 5M and Brown for 4M.

Miserable failure GM hires have given this org a permanent handicap for McDavid's entire career.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 March 2024 21:07]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831305 is a reply to message #831230 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 23 March 2024 21:03

Two of the best players in the NHL, including a generational talent, in their primes and just finishing a 5 year deal of the highest paid GM in the league. Indeed, how can expectations be any less than a cup?

Sad reality is that we got a value return for Holland's 5M per year that lands smewhere between jack Campbell for 5M and Brown for 4M.

Miserable failure GM hires have given this org a permanent handicap for McDavid's entire career.

They should un-induct Holland from the HOF after his work here. He's truly a disgrace.

Pretty incredible how low fans set the bar though. They point to Hyman and Ekholm and think that that's enough for FIVE FULL YEARS as the highest paid GM in hockey with the best players in the world on the team and zippo to show for it.

I mean, even after he said about this year "we're going for it", what did he do to help the team??? He signed Connor Brown and traded for Adam Henrique, Sam Carrick and Troy Stecher. That's it. It's pretty disappointing.

That said - with McDavid and Draisaitl, you can't count this team out. If we get goaltending, we have a shot to go deep. That's a big IF, but here's hoping. I think that's all we can do now.

Also - semi-hopeful that maybe the coach has more of a playoff game plan than we've seen for most of the last several seasons.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831307 is a reply to message #831305 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 10:35

Also - semi-hopeful that maybe the coach has more of a playoff game plan than we've seen for most of the last several seasons.

The third annual LA series should (could) be really interesting this year. Woodcroft and McLellan weren't exactly known for making any adjustments.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831311 is a reply to message #831305 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 10:35

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 23 March 2024 21:03

They should un-induct Holland from the HOF after his work here. He's truly a disgrace.

Pretty incredible how low fans set the bar though. They point to Hyman and Ekholm and think that that's enough for FIVE FULL YEARS as the highest paid GM in hockey with the best players in the world on the team and zippo to show for it.

I mean, even after he said about this year "we're going for it", what did he do to help the team??? He signed Connor Brown and traded for Adam Henrique, Sam Carrick and Troy Stecher. That's it. It's pretty disappointing.

That said - with McDavid and Draisaitl, you can't count this team out. If we get goaltending, we have a shot to go deep. That's a big IF, but here's hoping. I think that's all we can do now.

Feel like a broken record complaining about the same stuff over and over. But that's kind of the fault of our crap management to make the same issues be the weakness of the team over and over.

Can't remember the last team to win a cup on the backs of a few amazing talents, overcoming loads of weakness through the lineup. Especially long standing weakness on defense. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but boy are we trying to give the finger to history and common sense. Not intentionally of course, just via lack of management ability, and a lack of will by the owner to get out of his comfort zone of trusting his friends about every major hire.

Katz gets what he deserves for the lazy hiring practices. I do find some humour in how this $25M GM, who has his entire career built on some miracle picks late in drafts, has ended up with ZERO players in our lineup from 5 years of his drafting. That's just amazing. Katz might think the biggest scam he's experienced was that couple in Hollywood, but he's been getting scammed by the Oilers OBC and the Hockey Canada friends for almost 2 decades straight.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2024 16:13]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831312 is a reply to message #831311 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 16:12

Feel like a broken record complaining about the same stuff over and over. But that's kind of the fault of our crap management to make the same issues be the weakness of the team over and over.

Same as it ever was. It's amazing the Oilers looked at the dismantling from Vegas (and their 5th(?) string goalie last year and thought "tending is good and we sure don't need defensive depth". It's really too bad Campbell wasn't the answer.

2024: Skinner and Pickard
2023: Skinner and Campbell
2022: Smith and Koskinen
2021: Smith and Koskinen
2020: Smith and Koskinen

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831313 is a reply to message #831312 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt is currently online Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Campbell is injured (likely deserves it's own thread).
Took a puck to the mask and left the ice. Fanti gets the AHL call up

If he goes ltir... can we use that space to cover Brown's bonus this year?

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831314 is a reply to message #831312 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 16:25

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 16:12

Same as it ever was. It's amazing the Oilers looked at the dismantling from Vegas (and their 5th(?) string goalie last year and thought "tending is good and we sure don't need defensive depth". It's really too bad Campbell wasn't the answer.

2024: Skinner and Pickard
2023: Skinner and Campbell
2022: Smith and Koskinen
2021: Smith and Koskinen
2020: Smith and Koskinen

How many hints could Knob have given Holland that our RHD was a mess too? Deharnais promoted to top 4 with 100% healthy D? On a team that is supposed to be a contender? Holland looks at that and decides he should use our 1st round pick to get a 34 year old Henrique.

Was commenting before here how there are many D out there better than Ceci. Turns out we even had one of our own team, Desharnais. But again, there are also many D out there we could have gone after better than Deharnais too.

Too hard though. if Ken Holland wasn't GM the last 4 years maybe Ken Holland wouldn't have been handicapped by Ken Holland's cap management. That sucks for Ken Holland. Maybe get some rumors out there that the players just LOVE Ceci, so it must be the players fault that Holland didn't improve the D.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2024 20:18]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831182 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Sat, 23 March 2024 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

If I was laying money down, I don’t think they make the finals.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831229 is a reply to message #831182 ]
Sat, 23 March 2024 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 23 March 2024 18:17

If I was laying money down, I don’t think they make the finals.

Not unless Desharnais and Ceci suddenly become as reliable as Ekholm on the blue-line.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831231 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Sat, 23 March 2024 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Second round exit? If we're lucky losing in conference finals? We just don't have the build to go against a top team.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831232 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Sun, 24 March 2024 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Didn’t do enough at the deadline. My prediction is that we exit when we play a Colorado, Dallas, or maybe Vegas/Vancouver.

Once again, the Oilers will have to win a cup despite their management.

Clean house or bust

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831290 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Sun, 24 March 2024 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

At this rate they will get swept round one. 😞

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831301 is a reply to message #831290 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

For any chance at a Cup we needed a definitive upgrade on D - someone like a Tanev, and a goalie. Instead we got Henrique.

Pickard had had like 5 consecutive solild outings before yesterday, and Skinner has had some really good stretches as well. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in either of them backstopping this team to a Cup.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831302 is a reply to message #831301 ]
Mon, 25 March 2024 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 25 March 2024 06:05

For any chance at a Cup we needed a definitive upgrade on D - someone like a Tanev, and a goalie. Instead we got Henrique.

Pickard had had like 5 consecutive solild outings before yesterday, and Skinner has had some really good stretches as well. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in either of them backstopping this team to a Cup.

The Oilers have a chance at the cup but they could have given themselves better odds. They have improved their forward depth over the last couple of years and have a pretty good top 9 with a serviceable fourth line. I'm still concerned that scoring will dry up when the games get tighter in the playoffs.

The problem, for me, remains with the defense. For the Oilers to win they absolutely need to be able to run out 6 defenders who can outplay their competition. I don't think they have this and I think they fail from here. Specifically with Nurse, Desharnais, and Ceci. The big worry I have is Desharnais was exposed as kind of immobile last playoffs. He's been better this year, but he has to prove he can play top 4 in the playoffs before I believe he can.

Leaky defense leads to to shots dangerous shots against. Skinner is found money, but I'm not sure he's a winning goalie behind this defense.

I expect 1-3 chaotic series again filled with fun but stressful hockey. With luck they'll either go to the finals or lose out early so Corporate Challenge and softball season isn't messed with too much.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831316 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Tue, 26 March 2024 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Well with losses to CBJ, Buffalo, and Ottawa the Oilers have mostly lost their shot at 1st in the division. Looking more and more likely like we will face the Kings again. Home ice advantage is up for grabs.

These constant low finishes don’t help anything. I was hoping this was the year we might see a division win or top 5 finish. Not looking like it.

Want to hear something crazy?

Since Connor McDavid has been in the league, the Columbus Blue Jackets have a higher league finish (4th) than any Oilers season with him (6th).

Clean house or bust

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831321 is a reply to message #831316 ]
Tue, 26 March 2024 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Tue, 26 March 2024 09:52

Well with losses to CBJ, Buffalo, and Ottawa the Oilers have mostly lost their shot at 1st in the division. Looking more and more likely like we will face the Kings again. Home ice advantage is up for grabs.

These constant low finishes don’t help anything. I was hoping this was the year we might see a division win or top 5 finish. Not looking like it.

Want to hear something crazy?

Since Connor McDavid has been in the league, the Columbus Blue Jackets have a higher league finish (4th) than any Oilers season with him (6th).

The President's Trophy conversation was probably ended a month in to the season with the start the Oilers had, but honestly, who cares about the President's Trophy. Can you name the last five winners? I bet most can remember the Stanley Cup winners, because that's the one that truly matters.

Every year, your team is going to lose some games that they should win, to teams that should be beatable. The Oilers this year have a huge number of games where they've outshot the other team by 20 and still lost - which is more likely a statistical anomaly than anything else. It's not like we have a whole bunch of popgun shooters who are just throwing trash shots from everywhere.

All that matters is that we win the Cup...which is a tall order, but may as well believe!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831326 is a reply to message #831321 ]
Tue, 26 March 2024 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Forget presidents trophy. I want to catch the Canucks and see a division win in my lifetime (have not yet). Be real nice to have more than 1 home ice playoff series.

Clean house or bust

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831322 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Tue, 26 March 2024 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

A bit off topic, but apparently a lot of loyal season ticket holders are quite upset.

Ticket prices for the playoffs have been jacked 30-35%

I wonder how those season ticket holders that bought the "Loyalty" apparel are feeling today? Seems like it's a one-way street.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831323 is a reply to message #831322 ]
Tue, 26 March 2024 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 26 March 2024 15:37

A bit off topic, but apparently a lot of loyal season ticket holders are quite upset.

I wonder how those season ticket holders that bought the "Loyalty" apparel are feeling today? Seems like it's a one-way street.

I understand why fans are perturbed, but what have the Oilers ever done to suggest they wouldn't try to maximize revenue? Next year will be more expensive and if they happen to win the cup....

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831375 is a reply to message #831322 ]
Wed, 27 March 2024 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

It's pretty crazy. The playoff tickets cost more than the renewal for all of next year. I think that's assuming 16 home games, which is obviously not happening since we'd need home ice all the way and to take all four rounds to 7 games, but even then, you're comparing that to 41 home games plus some pre-seasons so it's mind-bogglingly expensive. I suppose they're getting what they think the market can bear and certainly, you'll still see some season ticket holders selling them for even more.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831386 is a reply to message #831375 ]
Thu, 28 March 2024 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 March 2024 17:20

It's pretty crazy. The playoff tickets cost more than the renewal for all of next year. I think that's assuming 16 home games, which is obviously not happening since we'd need home ice all the way and to take all four rounds to 7 games, but even then, you're comparing that to 41 home games plus some pre-seasons so it's mind-bogglingly expensive. I suppose they're getting what they think the market can bear and certainly, you'll still see some season ticket holders selling them for even more.

A creative way for a season ticket holder to pay a portion of their regular season tickets off. It’s certainly something one would have to consider.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831412 is a reply to message #831386 ]
Fri, 29 March 2024 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 28 March 2024 13:31

Adam wrote on Wed, 27 March 2024 17:20

A creative way for a season ticket holder to pay a portion of their regular season tickets off. It’s certainly something one would have to consider.

Except the expectation was that we paid for both in full right now! So they have our money for next year too. I imagine they’re tossing their money in to something to get a return before they need to give money back.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831727 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Tue, 09 April 2024 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

You know what? I think it's time to get hyped. I'm getting a St. Louis vibe from the team this year.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831732 is a reply to message #831727 ]
Tue, 09 April 2024 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 09 April 2024 11:48

You know what? I think it's time to get hyped. I'm getting a St. Louis vibe from the team this year.

Which goalie is the Binnington?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831733 is a reply to message #831732 ]
Tue, 09 April 2024 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 09 April 2024 14:54

The Jack Campbell redemption arc!

But actually Skinner. He young, everyone thinks he cracked under the pressure last year and got tired. In Skinner we trust.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831743 is a reply to message #831733 ]
Wed, 10 April 2024 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 09 April 2024 16:01

But actually Skinner. He young, everyone thinks he cracked under the pressure last year and got tired. In Skinner we trust.

Ok, ok. I think I can get on board with that.

Now who will be our McDavid?

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831744 is a reply to message #831743 ]
Wed, 10 April 2024 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 10 April 2024 08:12

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 09 April 2024 16:01

Ok, ok. I think I can get on board with that.

Now who will be our McDavid?

Ready a gif of a wheelchair bound Kevin Nash throwing his blanket off and rising, rising!

Except with McDavid's face.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831729 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Tue, 09 April 2024 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

https://youtu.be/MPKpgnLL5mY?si=UficvUrvqwS7mxF9

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831735 is a reply to message #831729 ]
Tue, 09 April 2024 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Cup or bust in my opinion. I’m tired of this. This is our best chance currently and we have more than enough talent to get there.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831738 is a reply to message #831735 ]
Wed, 10 April 2024 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Soooo 97 is hurt?? An entire season of unprecedented luck health wise would be out the window with a Mcdavid injury right before the playoffs..

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831747 is a reply to message #831738 ]
Wed, 10 April 2024 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Jay wrote on Wed, 10 April 2024 12:26

Soooo 97 is hurt?? An entire season of unprecedented luck health wise would be out the window with a Mcdavid injury right before the playoffs..

The reports label it as "day to day." I don't think it's serious enough for Connor to miss postseason and him staying out is to ensure he's good to go for them. Edmonton already has their spot clinched so it's imperative McDavid is in order for the real run.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831905 is a reply to message #831148 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Stars and Las Vegas Golden Knights
Jets and Aves
And our guys are taking on The Queens.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831906 is a reply to message #831905 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Rowan Oil Fielding wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 13:33

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

I would love another shot at Doughty, Big Save Dave, "Mikey" Anderson and hopefully Dubois stays a wilting flower, making his contract one of the worst in the NHL.

Plus losing one of the Stars or the Knights in the 1st round would be glorious. Saros can win a series. Jets vs Avs is looking like a coinflip.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831907 is a reply to message #831906 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 14:00

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

I would love another shot at Doughty, Big Save Dave, "Mikey" Anderson and hopefully Dubois stays a wilting flower, making his contract one of the worst in the NHL.

Plus losing one of the Stars or the Knights in the 1st round would be glorious. Saros can win a series. Jets vs Avs is looking like a coinflip.

I think it would be the Kings getting another shot at the Oilers since they won the last two years. I'd be very nervous about that matchup.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831908 is a reply to message #831907 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 14:09

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

I think it would be the Kings getting another shot at the Oilers since they won the last two years. I'd be very nervous about that matchup.

Plays poorly into our org culture of taking everything for granted. Think Vegas is just a bad matchup for us in general though. Think I would take a team we are pretty certain we can beat (LA), as long as the team isn't slacking, than one that has shown they can pick us apart.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 April 2024 15:01]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831909 is a reply to message #831908 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 14:25

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

Plays poorly into our org culture of taking everything for granted. Think Vegas is just a bad matchup for us in general though. Think I would take a team we are pretty certain we can beat, as long as the team isn't slacking, than one that has shown they can pick us apart.

The Kings could win a series against anyone, although the Oilers seemed to have have found a way around the 1-3-1 with their forecheck. Definitely not a sweep (but if their was ever a team we could sweep it would be LA) and the Oilers need to score first and early in order for the Kings to open up their game.

LA has 99 problems and stealing Gretzky from us was not one. I feel very confident in a series win against the Kings. Lack of scoring. Sketchy goaltending.

If we could hand pick a playoff matchup, who would you guys choose? For me it is LA every day. I want to say Nashville, but Saros is scary despite Draisaitl's history of dominance.

Vancouver is a no thank you based on our head to heads this season. Vegas has the horses to run deep. Dallas looks tough. Colorado or Winnipeg? Let's get past the first round and then bring on whomever.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 April 2024 14:41]

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831910 is a reply to message #831909 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 14:39

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

Plays poorly into our org culture of taking everything for granted. Think Vegas is just a bad matchup for us in general though. Think I would take a team we are pretty certain we can beat, as long as the team isn't slacking, than one that has shown they can pick us apart.

The Kings could win a series against anyone, although the Oilers seemed to have have found a way around the 1-3-1 with their forecheck. Definitely not a sweep (but if their was ever a team we could sweep it would be LA) and the Oilers need to score first and early in order for the Kings to open up their game.

LA has 99 problems and stealing Gretzky from us was not one. I feel very confident in a series win against the Kings. Lack of scoring. Sketchy goaltending.

If we could hand pick a playoff matchup, who would you guys choose? For me it is LA every day. I want to say Nashville, but Saros is scary despite Draisaitl's history of dominance.

Vancouver is a no thank you based on our head to heads this season. Vegas has the horses to run deep. Dallas looks tough. Colorado or Winnipeg? Let's get past the first round and then bring on whomever.

Well, we have to beat 3 of them anyhow. There's no easy matchups.

The Kings should be one, so hopefully we take care of business.

Re: What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs [message #831911 is a reply to message #831910 ]
Mon, 15 April 2024 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 15:04

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 15 April 2024 14:39

Western Conf ROUND 1

Nucks and Preds
Jets and Aves

Well, we have to beat 3 of them anyhow. There's no easy matchups.

The Kings should be one, so hopefully we take care of business.

I'm excited for a Kings series. Not because I think it'll be easy but because we haven't seen one where either coach can make in-series adjustments. I don't know if the Knob can or anything about the Kings' guy, but at least there's a chance.

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:OilFans Bracket Challenge (2024 Playoffs)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca