This day on July 5
Acquired: Scott Ferguson (2000) Allan Rourke (2007)
Departed: Georges Laraque (2006) Jaroslav Spacek (2006) Jan Hejda (2007)

Happy Birthday To: anm8r, shannon23, homeof99, DanW91

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7)
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836856]
Mon, 24 June 2024 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 88%
Florida to win: 13%
16 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24P Regular Season
Saturday, June 8, 2024Edmonton 0 @ Florida 3Loss
Monday, June 10, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 4Loss
Thursday, June 13, 2024Florida 4 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, June 15, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 8Win
Tuesday, June 18, 2024Edmonton 5 @ Florida 3Win
Friday, June 21, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 5Win
Monday, June 24, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 2Loss
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 1-3-0       Overall Record: 3-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/7 Total: 23
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/12 Total: 18

2022-23 Regular Season
Saturday, November 12, 2022Edmonton 4 @ Florida 2Win
Monday, November 28, 2022Florida 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/4 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/2 Total: 5

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836857 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
Back to the beginning Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them,
In the halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever!

The day that everything was building towards… including this grungy playoff beard I’ve been rocking for these last few months.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836858 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

It's a day off for me, I'm so excited. Let's go Oilers!!!!!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836859 is a reply to message #836858 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

75% of the job has been done, another win to complete the job. Play as they have been doing and we should be OK, but we said this back in 06 after the shut out. Trying to temper my excitement and expectation, this could crumble with horrible consequences.

I've had La Bamba randomly play on my playlist this morning whilst out shopping (which has seen wins in the last 3 games), so that's a plus already. Now it's sit and wait another 13 hours before face off.

They know what to do, they've shown they can do it, we know they can do it, let it be so.

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836860 is a reply to message #836859 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I don't know how those guys get any sleep at all. I'm just some random fan of a team thousands of miles away, and I didn't get to sleep until around 4AM. Can't imagine actually being a player on the team.

It all comes down to tonight. Might be a bit of hyperbole, but win and you make history and get to bask in the glory and accolades for the rest of your lives. Lose, and you become naught more than a footnote and the answer to some obscure trivia questions.

Hope they come out flying and get to Bob early. Ideally a stinker of a goal to really rattle him. Expecting to see McDavid at his best tonight. Man it's gonna be a long unproductive day

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836861 is a reply to message #836860 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

In nervous. We can make history

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836862 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

They have made it this far with tons of adversity. Time to finish the job.

I believe!

Clean house or bust

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836863 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Going to get Florida's best effort tonight. Weather an early storm and then score first to make them chase. I think the Panthers are running out of steam, so getting them to expend energy trying to come back is better

It's going to be tight either way, time to flip the script on '06.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836864 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Monday June 24, 2024... the MUST reaches its apex

Monday June 24, 2024... where will you be for MUSTory

Monday June 24, 2024... let's... MUSTing... GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836865 is a reply to message #836864 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:09

May the Must be with you, always.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836866 is a reply to message #836863 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:04

Going to get Florida's best effort tonight. Weather an early storm and then score first to make them chase. I think the Panthers are running out of steam, so getting them to expend energy trying to come back is better

This doesn't even feel close to the same as what happened in '06. That year, I always felt that they were just staving off the inevitable loss after Rolo got hurt in Game 1. This year, it feels like the proverbial date with destiny.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836867 is a reply to message #836865 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:12

And MUSTY with you!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836868 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Ah yes, the least productive day of the year coming right up for all Oilers fans.

We've sat through some really tough times together, but this is it - the Oilers are making history tonight.

People will be talking about this season and the various comebacks the Oil have executed for the next few decades. This is as good as it gets right here. I hope we can all set aside the anxiety for a bit today and soak in just how amazing this season has been since the Knoblauch change. And how lucky we are to be fed this level of entertainment. Between the winning streaks, God-like star players, and multiple incredible comebacks - no other fanbase in the NHL has been entertained to the level we have this year in a very very long time.

Let's go Oilers!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836869 is a reply to message #836868 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

JPro wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:19

Ah yes, the least productive day of the year coming right up for all Oilers fans.

We've sat through some really tough times together, but this is it - the Oilers are making history tonight.

People will be talking about this season and the various comebacks the Oil have executed for the next few decades. This is as good as it gets right here. I hope we can all set aside the anxiety for a bit today and soak in just how amazing this season has been since the Knoblauch change. And how lucky we are to be fed this level of entertainment. Between the winning streaks, God-like star players, and multiple incredible comebacks - no other fanbase in the NHL has been entertained to the level we have this year in a very very long time.

Let's go Oilers!

If they win, it will be more like "least productive SUMMER of all time for all Oiler fans." Wave Towel

5-14-6-1

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836870 is a reply to message #836869 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Feels pretty incredible that the team is here. Starting out as bad as they could this season, firing the coach to almost setting an NHL record for wins in a row. Somehow getting some level of home ice for playoffs. Down in series, going down 3-0 in the finals to game 7.

I just don't see how McD doesn't have an unreal game. He got them to game 6 by himself then turned into a defensive machine in game 6 while his team won the game. He's going to go all out tonight and could win the game himself.

I thought Leon played his best game of the series in game 6 and just got 1 assist. He looked dangerous again. I am sure he's hurt but I can see him having himself a game.

I would 100% put Kane in if he can go and based on the coach, sounds like he could. He hadn't played in 2 weeks. Slide McLeod to center and put him on the 4th line then have him and Perry cycle the crap out of them, back their asses up into Bob and do their thing. It's hard to criticize anything with the Oilers for the last 3 games but that 4th line, I just close my eyes when they are on the ice and hope for the best. McLeod is fast but not aggressive what so ever, Ryan isn't aggressive either and doesn't do much other than maybe win a draw. Then there is Perry who isn't fast at all but looks like a lone solider on the ice trying to do something.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836871 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

I've had the pregame jitters since about yesterday at noon.

Todays work performance is going to be subpar.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836872 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

No reason to leave anything on the table tonight. This is it!

Show Florida why having the best players in the league can trump anything else.

McDavid had an ultra-rare no points/no shots game in game 6. I expect a full reversal on the scoresheet tonight.

Drai has been nursing stuff all playoffs, but he no longer has to worry about being able to carry on any more games this playoffs. He'll bring it.

Stu, just keep doing what you've been doing bud.

Bouch probably puts up a near 30 min game, Ek is gonna be huge too. Other D pairs gotta keep surviving. Simple plays please. Ceci has been Mr Game 7. Give us another one of those seeing eye shot goals :)

Depth lines have been killing it the last few games. Maybe it's adjustments and we just know how to break Florida down with their zero adjustments (aside from demanding more effort) coach Maurice. Grind these suckers down for one more.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836873 is a reply to message #836866 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I'm more thinking about coming out flat in game 7 that year, after the 4-goal win at home in game 6. Still stung by that.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836874 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Very nervous about tonight. It will be the best or worst of times depending on results.

The Oilers are historically pretty good in game 7s:

1979: vs New England (win)
1984: vs Calgary (win)
1987: vs Philadelphia (win)
1989: vs Los Angeles (loss)
1990: vs Winnipeg (win)
1991: vs Calgary (win)
1997: vs Dallas (win)
1998: vs Colorado (win)
2006: vs Carolina (loss)
2017: vs Anaheim (loss)
2022: vs Los Angeles (win)
2024: vs Vancouver (win)

So 9-3 overall (8-3 in the NHL). This will be the first time in franchise history they have two game 7s in the same playoff year and also the first time in franchise history they've won elimination games in more than 1 series.

An Oilers win is by far the best story--the epic 0-3 comeback, the ending of the Canadian Stanley cup drought, McDavid winning a cup almost exactly nine years after being drafted first overall in the same building, and Nuge winning a cup after 13 years to the day after the Oilers took him first overall. They need to get it done.

Let's go Oilers!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836875 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr. Oil  is currently offline Dr. Oil

No Cups

I alternate between confidence that this is a team of destiny, and disabling nausea and anxiety. The thought of possible OT puts me on the verge of vomiting.

Leave nothing in reserve boys, this is it! weights

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836876 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

I come here to bask in the unique and often correct analysis in Oilers fandom. I came here in 2006 to voice the ache in my heart after losing Game 7 and the exasperation of the max exodus and the decade of darkness. Through it all MJ has kept Oilfans here.

Thank you MJ.

Now we turn our attention over to tonight and I am so freaking nervous I could make diamonds.

Oh my god, this team the joyous returns they have given their fans and this city.

May they all lay it on the line tonight, and take it all home.

It's time to come home Stanley.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836877 is a reply to message #836875 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Dr. Oil wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 10:01

I alternate between confidence that this is a team of destiny, and disabling nausea and anxiety. The thought of possible OT puts me on the verge of vomiting.

Leave nothing in reserve boys, this is it! weights

This is me. I think I need Xanax.

Empty the tank tonight. Controlled waves of confident desperation. I have decided to take the rest of the day off, and I am re-scheduling meetings left right and center. The next two days are also going to be a days off disguised as my daughter's high school graduation.

LFG!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836878 is a reply to message #836876 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 10:05

I come here to bask in the unique and often correct analysis in Oilers fandom. I came here in 2006 to voice the ache in my heart after losing Game 7 and the exasperation of the max exodus and the decade of darkness. Through it all MJ has kept Oilfans here.

Thank you MJ.

Now we turn our attention over to tonight and I am so freaking nervous I could make diamonds.

Oh my god, this team the joyous returns they have given their fans and this city.

May they all lay it on the line tonight, and take it all home.

It's time to come home Stanley.

My arse cheeks are clenched so tight I just turned a quarter into 5 nickles.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836879 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

A few interesting things here:

- Connor McDavid was drafted on June 26, 2015 at this very arena in Sunrise.

- On June 24th, this day 31 years ago, at the expansion draft to kickoff the Panthers franchise, they claimed Scott Mellanby from the Oilers. He of course kicked off the whole rat trick thing, and was arguably that team's first star forward.

As the Panthers can tell you, the fourth is the toughest to win. Suddenly the Oilers aren't the only team with their backs against the wall, so I expect a battle tonight. But Bob is shaken and still having nightmares about last year and the last three games. If we can get to him early again, he might collapse entirely.

Let's ****ing go!!!! Bring that Cup back to Alberta, Baby!!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836880 is a reply to message #836873 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 09:44

I'm more thinking about coming out flat in game 7 that year, after the 4-goal win at home in game 6. Still stung by that.

We have been on our heels to start at least of couple of our 3 wins. Stu comes up with huge saves, we take a penalty and suddenly all momentum shifts :)

Pros and cons to starting that way. Florida definitely gets deflated after their huge pushes to start games resulted in nothing going their way. Not sure if we really want to think we can get away with that again though. We would really help ourselves out with a strong start in game 7, because Florida will probably push harder than they have at any point in the series. Trash ice is going to favour the team that gets out ahead first. Florida has as much trouble as us trying to score when the rink is in slush mode, starting 5 or so minutes into every period.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 June 2024 10:19]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836881 is a reply to message #836866 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:13

This doesn't even feel close to the same as what happened in '06. That year, I always felt that they were just staving off the inevitable loss after Rolo got hurt in Game 1. This year, it feels like the proverbial date with destiny.

Yeah that team had to grind for every single bit of anything they got. Carolina kinda threw the towel in on game 6 too, totally flipping to the mindset that they were gonna go all in on game 7, and we kinda got overconfident of how easy game 6 was.

Found the game sheet from that game 7. What was even going on with the ice time?

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/car-vs-edm/2006/06/19/2005030 417/boxscore

Smyth 17 mins. Hemsky 15:52.

My memory is fading of how that team was coached, but boy does that not look like ice times of a team that was trailing from 1:30 into the 1st period of a game 7.

Not having game breakers up front, or at least barely even playing your best offensive players up front, is not an issue we have today. Our big boys are gonna get all the time they need to show what they have tonight. We will win or lose with them, and I like our odds.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836882 is a reply to message #836864 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 07:09

Since I saw the stat of the 42 Leafs being the last team to finish the job being down 3-0 in the finals, I've liked the thought of the 24 Oilers. Today being June 24 is just icing on the cake. Go Oilers.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836883 is a reply to message #836882 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 11:38

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 07:09

Since I saw the stat of the 42 Leafs being the last team to finish the job being down 3-0 in the finals, I've liked the thought of the 24 Oilers. Today being June 24 is just icing on the cake. Go Oilers.

Add to that, to steal from Tony Brar's tweet.. Oil came up JUST short in '06... now in '24 the Oilers have another Game 7 for the cup. '06 to ' 24.. today's date... 06/24

LETS. MUSTING. GO!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836884 is a reply to message #836883 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Go Oilers!
Win it for Angie.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836885 is a reply to message #836874 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

One more useless stat:

This is the Oilers 25th playoff game of the year, breaking their previous high of 24 set in 2006.

The Stars have the record with 27 in 2020.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836886 is a reply to message #836875 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Dr. Oil wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 13:01

The thought of possible OT puts me on the verge of vomiting.

Some people are saying how awesome it would be to finally have a SCF game 7OT again. Something that only happened twice, with the last coming 70 years ago in 1954 (1950 was the other).

Personally I have no need or desire for any additional stress. IF the Oilers can score early and often, that's just fine by me. If we can chase Bob in the 1st, all the better. Don't need this last game to be a "classic". Just win!

Man I'm nervous. I have butterflies. I still need to go get some more swill (Coors Light puke )...man, still 5 hours to go? Come on.....

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836887 is a reply to message #836886 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

With 5 hours to go, that's me done and dusted. 8pm here so I'm off to bed to try and get some sleep for the morning that awaits. I'll see you all in ther GDT... icon_cool

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836888 is a reply to message #836867 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 07:14

And MUSTY with you!

The BEST of MUST ! icon_nod

https://i.imgflip.com/8uvkz2.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 24 June 2024 13:29]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836889 is a reply to message #836856 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

GO OIL !!

BIG LOVE to all Fans of OIL !! 🙂

https://i.imgflip.com/8uvldb.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836890 is a reply to message #836867 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 15:14

And MUSTY with you!

https://i.postimg.cc/YSZ9VwWm/20240624-154345.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836891 is a reply to message #836886 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 15:59

man, still 5 hours to go? Come on.....

Still 4 hours? I wrote this post like 8 hours ago. What gives?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836892 is a reply to message #836891 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 14:01

Mike wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 15:59

man, still 5 hours to go? Come on.....

Still 4 hours? I wrote this post like 8 hours ago. What gives?

https://c.tenor.com/v0cBeb_yBgUAAAAC/tenor.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836893 is a reply to message #836889 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 20:35

GO OIL !!

BIG LOVE to all Fans of OIL !! 🙂

https://i.imgflip.com/8uvldb.gif

We have been through a hell of a year. Been awesome! The start to the season and being 0-3 in the cup. Even down 3-2 to canucks. Lots of stress. And yet here we are!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836894 is a reply to message #836886 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 11:59

Dr. Oil wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 13:01

The thought of possible OT puts me on the verge of vomiting.

Some people are saying how awesome it would be to finally have a SCF game 7OT again. Something that only happened twice, with the last coming 70 years ago in 1954 (1950 was the other).

Personally I have no need or desire for any additional stress. IF the Oilers can score early and often, that's just fine by me. If we can chase Bob in the 1st, all the better. Don't need this last game to be a "classic". Just win!

Man I'm nervous. I have butterflies. I still need to go get some more swill (Coors Light puke )...man, still 5 hours to go? Come on.....

I may not survive if this game goes to OT. It already feels like I’m five years old again and being dragged onto the biggest rollercoaster in the park against my will.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7) [message #836895 is a reply to message #836881 ]
Mon, 24 June 2024 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 11:28

Ragnarok73 wrote on Mon, 24 June 2024 08:13

Yeah that team had to grind for every single bit of anything they got. Carolina kinda threw the towel in on game 6 too, totally flipping to the mindset that they were gonna go all in on game 7, and we kinda got overconfident of how easy game 6 was.

Found the game sheet from that game 7. What was even going on with the ice time?

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/car-vs-edm/2006/06/19/2005030 417/boxscore

Smyth 17 mins. Hemsky 15:52.

My memory is fading of how that team was coached, but boy does that not look like ice times of a team that was trailing from 1:30 into the 1st period of a game 7.

Not having game breakers up front, or at least barely even playing your best offensive players up front, is not an issue we have today. Our big boys are gonna get all the time they need to show what they have tonight. We will win or lose with them, and I like our odds.

This is what scares me about tonight....Mac-T typically made all the right adjustments with his playoff lineups (01, 03, and 06) until that Game 7 of the 2006 SCF.

Whatever the case, I am ripe with nerves as the last couple weeks in my life have been inevitable with many changes coming...and also rather unproductive as this series has consumed so much of my existence following this team since the early 2000s.

That 06 team was full of gamebreakers at forward but at sporadic albeit timely moments for the most part. Samsonov, Peca, Hemsky, Torres, Stoll, Pisani, Smitty, etc. While I am too appreciative of Horcoff's efforts in that run, he was a huge benefactor of #83 and #94.

Anyways...tired of all the narratives...media coverage, etc. Let's get the show on the road & empty the clip tonight!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #7)
Next Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #6)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca