 |
Leia Messages: 583
Registered: May 2003
Location: England
No Cups
|
|
Why am I not shocked by this type of opening night performance? I think Babcock summed it up perfectly in his post match presser, after a question he asked the press corp how many goals we'd given up in pre season in total....
This Cannucks team were well beaten by our kids this time last week and should have given us confidence for the big boys to do the same. Jarry would want a couple of the goals back for sure, one in particular, but even that one started with an Oiler sprawled on the ice trying to reach a misplaced pass. There shouldn't be finger pointing at individuals here, this was a typical Oilers brain fart team performance, which nearly pulled off a win thanks to Bouch.
I want to say this is the only one and we'll turn the corner quickly, that this is 1 game of 84, but this is the Oilers we are talking about and we've been here so often at the start of each season.
Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road
|
|
|
|