| Review:
Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #2) [message #853185] |
Thu, 01 October 2026 22:30  |
|
|
|
 |
inverno76 Messages: 2620
Registered: September 2005
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchew...
2 Cups
|
|
Doesn’t feel like a win.
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Kr55 Messages: 13127
Registered: May 2002
Location: Edmonton
6 Cups
|
|
Abomination of a game but got the win.
No clue what to expect from this team next game
Levi joins the club of oilers goalies getting a win while not being able to stop a beach ball. We’ve watched a lot of that in the last decade.
"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013
"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015
5 x $5,000,000
|
|
|
|
|
 |
NCREDiBLE Messages: 285
Registered: February 2007
Location: Cold Lake, AB
No Cups
|
|
| Kr55 wrote on Thu, 01 October 2026 22:53 | Abomination of a game but got the win.
No clue what to expect from this team next game
Levi joins the club of oilers goalies getting a win while not being able to stop a beach ball. We’ve watched a lot of that in the last decade.
|
Lots of those on the d but yeah.. not how you would want your first Oilers game to go.
|
|
|
|
|
 |
HamBlaster Messages: 1430
Registered: June 2007
1 Cup
|
|
Absolutely horrifyingly bad D. Not sure what the coaching staff is trying to accomplish by having this group give up 13 goals in 2 games.
Lucky that Van didn't come back in this one. Give them another 10 minutes and they might have.
Awful goaltending and beyond awful D. Walman and Mukhamadullin (or whatever that dude's name is) were abysmal tonight. Like they were some beer league guys that they found on the street before the game and had them gear up.
|
|
|
|
|
 |
inverno76 Messages: 2620
Registered: September 2005
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchew...
2 Cups
|
|
Walman sits and who starts game 3?
I say stick with Levi. A lot of bad luck tonight and a win is a win.
|
|
|
|
|
 |
Leia Messages: 584
Registered: May 2003
Location: England
No Cups
|
|
I'm not sure if I stepped into a time machine watching that game, it felt like a classic 80's barn burner, then on second thought it was like watching a typical game of hockey we used to see in the UK and still do down in our lower divisions.
Levi looked good till the third period, the first 3 goals I'm not putting on him, but we've got to start sorting the defence out and quickly.
The only saving grace is that at the moment and it's only against Vancouver, we are scoring goals. Doing that at least gives us a chance of winning.
Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road
|
|
|
|
|
 |
HamBlaster Messages: 1430
Registered: June 2007
1 Cup
|
|
Walman looks like he just took the summer off and didn't train at all. The guy looks brutal.
|
|
|
|
|
 |
tardigrade81 Messages: 4553
Registered: November 2022
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
4 Cups
|
|
I jokingly said I hope we don’t blow this game. I wake up to see 9-7. Wow!! Andersen can’t come back fast enough
|
|
|
|