Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oscar Klefbom officially retires
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oscar Klefbom officially retires [message #837508]
Thu, 08 August 2024 11:31 Go to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Hardly a surprise after four years, but it is now official

https://thehockeynews.com/international/latest-news/oscar-kl efbom-finally-announces-retirement

Such a pity that he couldn't overcome his bum shoulder--imagine having a healthy Klefbom on the backend during last year's run.

And as one who keeps track of such things, I can now say that Klefbom takes the title of retired player with most NHL games that played their entire career with the Oilers. His 384 games more than doubles the total of the previous holder, Jaroslav Pouzar (186).

We'll see if RNH obliterates them both by being an Oiler for life.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oscar Klefbom officially retires [message #837510 is a reply to message #837508 ]
Fri, 09 August 2024 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I am a little curious about this. I mean, it seems like the most anti-climactic news ever. We haven't seen him in an Oilers uniform since the bubble series against Chicago in 2020. Four years later and for fans, he's basically already long forgotten.

But I wonder whether he wasn't still trying for a comeback, and whether this was a pretty tough admission here on his part. It's a real shame. He's only just 31 years old, so being done hockey at age 27 is undoubtedly disappointing for him. Hopefully his day-to-day life isn't too badly impacted by the injuries that derailed his career.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: Oscar Klefbom officially retires [message #837511 is a reply to message #837508 ]
Sat, 10 August 2024 00:22 Go to previous message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

For a period of time, Klefbom was my favourite Oiler. He just kept improving every year and he was rounding into a solid top pair guy. Seemed like a good team guy too.

Wish the guy nothing but well.

Previous Topic:Bowman the new GM...
Next Topic:Draisaitl Watch
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca