F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Bourgault traded to Sens
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837407]
Mon, 15 July 2024 10:29 Go to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Xavier Bourgault and Jake chaisson traded to the Sens for a 2025 4th rounder and Roby Jarventie as per sportsnet

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837408 is a reply to message #837407 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Same age, but drafted a year earlier. Looks like he has much better AHL stats, but in injury prone.

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837409 is a reply to message #837407 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

As per Scott Wheeler:, Jan 21, 2024

Quote:

One of the players I like in the Senators pool, Järventie just turned 21 in August and already has an established track record across multiple pro levels and a taste of the NHL.

The strength of Järventie’s game has typically been his ability to leverage his 6-foot-3 length in puck protection to get to his spots offensively, and then weaponize himself off the puck by getting open for his multi-faceted shot (which includes a good one-timer). But improvements to his acceleration and a more refined game on the perimeter have helped fuel his progression into call-up territory.

He’s got a nifty release for a bigger player and some power to his shot as well (it’s not explosive but he can finish around the slot and creates a lot of big rebounds when he shoots low). He handles the puck with comfort and confidence and can occasionally flash in one-on-one situations pulling and dragging pucks through defenders or his own feet. I like him on his off-wing on the power play, not just because of that aforementioned one-timer but also because of the way he hits seams as a passer.

He has added a bit of a gear to his stride and doesn’t look quite as stilted as he used to. He has developed some finesse since the draft as well. If he can continue to improve in those areas, he’ll be a complementary contributor at the NHL level.

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837410 is a reply to message #837407 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

During that draft, I wanted Wallstedt like a lot of others.
Stauffer saying Oilers have wanted Jarventie for a while.
I don’t know much about Roby but everyone’s saying he was injured, he’s big and can skate and shoot but doesn’t use his size. He still has time in the AHL, where Bourgault wanted to be in the NHL.

Not sure how I feel about the trade yet, was hoping Ceci would have been moved along with for a upgrade.

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837411 is a reply to message #837410 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Mon, 15 July 2024 10:47

I don’t know much about Roby but everyone’s saying he was injured, he’s big and can skate and shoot but doesn’t use his size. He still has time in the AHL, where Bourgault wanted to be in the NHL.

Not sure how I feel about the trade yet, was hoping Ceci would have been moved along with for a upgrade.

Nothing beats how Coffey was begging us to take Johnston who Dallas went out of their way to ask Coffey about. Probably the reason Wright finally got canned. That pick probably would have won us the cup this year. Now the final touch to try to erase that mistake. Hopefully this new prospect is good.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837412 is a reply to message #837411 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 15 July 2024 11:15

NCREDiBLE wrote on Mon, 15 July 2024 10:47

Nothing beats how Coffey was begging us to take Johnston who Dallas went out of their way to ask Coffey about. Probably the reason Wright finally got canned. That pick probably would have won us the cup this year. Now the final touch to try to erase that mistake. Hopefully this new prospect is good.

He would have absolutely been a great pick too

Re: Bourgault traded to Sens [message #837413 is a reply to message #837407 ]
Mon, 15 July 2024 15:52 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Sail on XB.. barely got to know ya.. wave

Savoie probably is what the Oilers hoped XB would become.. expect that player type.. skilled.. smaller.. became redundant from a prospect roster perspective with Savoie's addition..

Roby Järventie

6'-2" 214 lbs. (.. some say 6'-3")
Plays Center and LW
https://www.tsn.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1764358!/fileimage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/roby-jarventie.jpg

Kid has a one timer.. (all PP) .. almost looks Leon-like .. 😉
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uofCI1AeYI

From Elite Prospects
Quote:

Järventie anticipates play well in the offensive zone. He scores a lot by having a feel for where the puck is going to be next. He can pull off some pretty impressive moves while playing at full-speed, and consistently displays good habits by keeping the puck close to his frame. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Had knee surgery (February) to fix a nagging injury .. he was playing with it.. so probably not a huge structural problem.. IMHO likely cartilage related..
https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/ottawa-senators/players/sens-p rospect-roby-j%C3%A4rventie-undergoes-season-ending-knee-sur gery
Quote:

One of the Ottawa Senators' top prospects has been shut down for the season.

21-year-old Finnish forward Roby Järventie underwent knee surgery in New York last week for a knee problem that's been hampering him for a couple of years.

"It's unfortunate for him," Belleville head coach David Bell told the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network. "It's just a nagging knee that they've tried to band-aid along the last couple of years, and it just got to the point where he needed to have surgery to get this thing completely fixed.

.. What should be encouraging for the organization is that Järventie was a standout at training camp, managed to get to the NHL and also registered nearly a point a game in the AHL (20 points in 22 games) – all while playing on a bad knee...

..With a good summer of rehab and training, it will be interesting to see what Järventie can achieve with two good knees.

From Scott Wheeler at The Athletic:
Quote:

Already has an established track record across multiple pro levels and a taste of the NHL.

The strength of Järventie’s game has typically been his ability to leverage his 6-foot-3 length in puck protection to get to his spots offensively, and then weaponize himself off the puck by getting open for his multi-faceted shot (which includes a good one-timer).

But improvements to his acceleration and a more refined game on the perimeter have helped fuel his progression into call-up territory.

He’s got a nifty release for a bigger player and some power to his shot as well.

He handles the puck with comfort and confidence and can occasionally flash in one-on-one situations pulling and dragging pucks through defenders or his own feet.

I like him on his off-wing on the power play, not just because of that aforementioned one-timer but also because of the way he hits seams as a passer.

He has added a bit of a gear to his stride and doesn’t look quite as stilted as he used to.

He has developed some finesse since the draft as well.

If he can continue to improve in those areas, he’ll be a complementary contributor at the NHL level.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2024 21:46]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Oilers pick Bauer Berry at #218
Next Topic:Lavoie re-signed to 2 year, two-way deal
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca