Oilers » Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837354]
Tue, 02 July 2024 12:19 Go to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/schedule

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837358 is a reply to message #837354 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

A few thoughts:

-The new (old) Kings logo looks good on the calendar. The Ducks didn't pop as much. Don't know why.
-I'm oddly excited to see how Utah plays. It's nice the NHL can schedule back to backs in Denver / Salt Lake City
-I don't understand why teams likely to be in the playoffs would have more home games in the first half of the season, but the Oilers certainly do.
-The Oilers 10th game will be their second against the division. Their 28th will be their sixth.
-I'll be annoyed in January about a stretch of games that goes Sea, Bos, Pit, Chi, HOME, Min, Den, Van.
-2 full weeks off for the all star game is silly
-2 long eastern road trips in late Feb / early March will be tough. I liked the Oilers schedule better when they had a 6 gamer in November for the rodeo and very few other trips to the eastern time zone.
-The Oilers have a late season stretch where 8 of 9 games start at 8 pm or later. Sorry eastern / Euro friends.
-I think there's a weird number of evening Sunday games, but that might just be perception
-Feels like there are far fewer Wednesday night games for American TV. Maybe Connor and the Oilers didn't move the TV needle last year
-3 of the last 8 games are against the sharks. 6 of the last 8 against California.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837362 is a reply to message #837358 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I think the 2 weeks is to accommodate the 4 nations tournament.

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837365 is a reply to message #837362 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Lotsa weird afternoon starts…I think the worst being b2b 11am starts vs Philly and WSH coming off a 2 week break

Sucks we only play the Lames 3 times this year. I want every opportunity to beat the piss outta those bums for all the years we took it on the shins during the DOD. Especially since they’re now in full rebuild mode. Kinda wish they kept Markstrom tbh.. he woulda kept them drafting in that 10-14 range instead of bottom of the barrell

Also anyone know what day is supposed to be hockey day in Canada?

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837371 is a reply to message #837362 ]
Wed, 03 July 2024 08:41 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Tue, 02 July 2024 15:29

I think the 2 weeks is to accommodate the 4 nations tournament.

I completely forgot about that thing.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837366 is a reply to message #837354 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Kinda like how the season starts for the team to get their feet wet. Lots of bad and middling teams. No excuse for a bad start next year. All the opportunity the team needs to start hot and ride some momentum.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837369 is a reply to message #837366 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

So apparently Amazon has bought the rights to all Monday night hockey games in Canada? I count 9 Monday night game for the Oilers…am I correct in saying all these game will only be on Amazon and not SN?? That’s like an eighth of the season if correct. BS if you ask me, reminds of the old Oil PPV days

Re: Oilers ‘24-‘25 schedule released [message #837370 is a reply to message #837354 ]
Tue, 02 July 2024 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Finally a decent road game date here in Denver, Thanksgiving Saturday. I have good luck on that day, as it was a Thanksgiving Saturday when I saw McDavid score his first hat trick in Dallas in 2016.

Previous Topic:Oilers sign Jeff Skinner 1 x $3m
Next Topic:Recap of Free Agency
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca