F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Patrick Laine Trade Request
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836131]
Wed, 12 June 2024 20:43 Go to next message
lowebudget  is currently offline lowebudget

No Cups

With Patrick Laine requesting a trade or of Columbus, wondering if there will make be any appetite for a Nurse / Laine swap. Cap hit is almost identical, the main difference being 2 years left on Laine's contract vs. 6 for Nurse. Columbus could flip Provorov for help up front. Change of scenery might be good for Nurse. His spot filled by Broberg. Columbus has lots of good young pieces and adding Nurse would give them veteran leadership.Could be a win-win, most likely a pipe dream. Thoughts?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836135 is a reply to message #836131 ]
Wed, 12 June 2024 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

lowebudget wrote on Wed, 12 June 2024 20:43

With Patrick Laine requesting a trade or of Columbus, wondering if there will make be any appetite for a Nurse / Laine swap. Cap hit is almost identical, the main difference being 2 years left on Laine's contract vs. 6 for Nurse. Columbus could flip Provorov for help up front. Change of scenery might be good for Nurse. His spot filled by Broberg. Columbus has lots of good young pieces and adding Nurse would give them veteran leadership.Could be a win-win, most likely a pipe dream. Thoughts?

Pipe dream. Columbus could simply buy out Laine if they had no bites. They are likely actively shopping him right now and a healthy Nurse is a hard sale, but with potentially a re-injured hip, a buyout proof contract and a NMC …. the math don’t math.

LTIR and a trip to Robidas island is the greatest hope.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2024 23:16]

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836136 is a reply to message #836135 ]
Wed, 12 June 2024 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 12 June 2024 23:15

Pipe dream. Columbus could simply buy out Laine if they had no bites. They are likely actively shopping him right now and a healthy Nurse is a hard sale, but with potentially a re-injured hip, a buyout proof contract and a NMC …. the math don’t math.

One ray of hope though! Ken Holland is rumored to potentially be the next Columbus GM, and we all know you definitely could not get a player for free. Nurse + Campbell for Laine (2M retained) + 2nd. The very definition of not free. I mean, the exact same guy that gave Nurse elite #1D money must really want him right?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836151 is a reply to message #836136 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 12 June 2024 23:25

One ray of hope though! Ken Holland is rumored to potentially be the next Columbus GM, and we all know you definitely could not get a player for free. Nurse + Campbell for Laine (2M retained) + 2nd. The very definition of not free. I mean, the exact same guy that gave Nurse elite #1D money must really want him right?

I never considered the M. Night Shyamalan plot twist. I retract my last statement. I can see the presser already, "In my time in Edmonton uhhhhh, Nurse was a vocal leader in the dressing room and uhhhh, much like Kronwall was in Detroit where they both won Cups (see what I did there?) and uhhhh it is also on the ice that they uhhh provided physicality and uhhhh many forget that uhhhh Nurse is capable of quarterbacking an elite powerplay and uhhh play with special players on all of the uhhhh special teams. I have full uhhh faith that Nurse and the uhhh calming presence of Campbell is what uhhhh this team needs right now. Thank you."

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836159 is a reply to message #836151 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 09:33

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 12 June 2024 23:25

I never considered the M. Night Shyamalan plot twist. I retract my last statement. I can see the presser already, "In my time in Edmonton uhhhhh, Nurse was a vocal leader in the dressing room and uhhhh, much like Kronwall was in Detroit where they both won Cups (see what I did there?) and uhhhh it is also on the ice that they uhhh provided physicality and uhhhh many forget that uhhhh Nurse is capable of quarterbacking an elite powerplay and uhhh play with special players on all of the uhhhh special teams. I have full uhhh faith that Nurse and the uhhh calming presence of Campbell is what uhhhh this team needs right now. Thank you."

https://media.tenor.com/fTiLIl5volgAAAAM/sweet-dreams-sweet-dreams-are-made-of-this.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836168 is a reply to message #836131 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

lowebudget wrote on Wed, 12 June 2024 19:43

Can you imagine the power play with a Laine bookend on the left side to Leon on the right?

Its just all the 5 on 5 in between you need to worry about..

and the cap.. faint

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836169 is a reply to message #836168 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I don't see Laine as a fit here. Other than a few players who get free passes, this fan base LOVES to dump all over a player, especially if he makes a lot of money. If he came here and went into a scoring slump, the fans would eat him alive and he doesn't seem to be a guy that handles that well.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836171 is a reply to message #836169 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 12:56

I don't see Laine as a fit here. Other than a few players who get free passes, this fan base LOVES to dump all over a player, especially if he makes a lot of money. If he came here and went into a scoring slump, the fans would eat him alive and he doesn't seem to be a guy that handles that well.

Think you'd have to worry about our media here much more than the fans

I'm sure lots of fans would give him the Bouchard-type of treatment though, calling for him to be traded for laziness and pointing out every error he makes as a reason we have to get rid of him ASAP. One difference though, Laine is actually lazy lol.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2024 13:11]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836172 is a reply to message #836171 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 13:09

I'm sure lots of fans would give him the Bouchard-type of treatment though, calling for him to be traded for laziness and pointing out every error he makes as a reason we have to get rid of him ASAP. One difference though, Laine is actually lazy lol.

I am sure the media would be on him but I disagree with you about the fans. I am sure some will give him time but I see only some of what gets posted on social media. I see some of what gets posted on fan sites. It gets pretty nasty for a lot of players and I only see small parts of it.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836173 is a reply to message #836172 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 13:31

I am sure the media would be on him but I disagree with you about the fans. I am sure some will give him time but I see only some of what gets posted on social media. I see some of what gets posted on fan sites. It gets pretty nasty for a lot of players and I only see small parts of it.

Social media should not be one's barometer to gauge a fan base. Find me a sports team, and then bring up their social media and look to the comments. Stupidity and ignorance. It is not singular to the Oilers or Canadian teams. hfBoards terrible. I follow the Jays, Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Bears as well and the comments sections are just as bad, if not worse (racism rears it's ugly head far more often).

You might not a 100% agree, but you can search for fan sites like this where you get a broader perspective and very little vitriol. I especially like this site because people get called out for unruly comments based on bias and speculation.

Laine makes some sense from a cap perspective just because he has a difficult contract, but with much less term and the ability to buy it out. If it helps the team win and gives them more flexibility during this window then it needs to be explored. That being said, I still believe it to be a pipe dream.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836175 is a reply to message #836173 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 13:54

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 13:31

Social media should not be one's barometer to gauge a fan base. Find me a sports team, and then bring up their social media and look to the comments. Stupidity and ignorance. It is not singular to the Oilers or Canadian teams. hfBoards terrible. I follow the Jays, Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Bears as well and the comments sections are just as bad, if not worse (racism rears it's ugly head far more often).

You might not a 100% agree, but you can search for fan sites like this where you get a broader perspective and very little vitriol. I especially like this site because people get called out for unruly comments based on bias and speculation.

Laine makes some sense from a cap perspective just because he has a difficult contract, but with much less term and the ability to buy it out. If it helps the team win and gives them more flexibility during this window then it needs to be explored. That being said, I still believe it to be a pipe dream.

I 100% agree with you on social media and how bad it is but it's out there, players read it. It's a factor and impacts how some players are.

Fans call in and will bash players on the radio all the time. For some players, that's a factor.

Some fans will go up to players in public and bash them. I don't think it's a big problem in Edmonton but it's a factor and some players handle it better than others.

You are correct that I disagree with you about fan sites. I have heard/read - maybe someone who knows for sure can verify this - but the Oilers are near the top when it comes fan sites/blogs about them. I post on a few and read a few others. I do not think it's overly sunshine and rainbows on any of them even when they are doing well. You can disagree with me and call it discussion but I see a ton about why a whole lot of the Oilers suck. A fan may not say the word suck but they will go on and on about contract and term and this number says this, etc, etc. Even when they made the finals, lots of talk about how they can't play this guy with him or he needs to sit, etc, etc. I am not saying I don't bring up when some guys aren't doing well, I do. But I get called a lot of things for not piling on the Oilers as much as others do (and this isn't a poor me, it's the truth), so you can look at any hockey related threat in here and it's generally not super pro Oilers. People will cheer for certain individual players they like but as a whole organization, it's not overly positive.

So for players who are sensitive, like Laine seems to be, I am not so sure he'd do well in a market like this that is pretty intense both good and bad.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836178 is a reply to message #836175 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Curious. Which Oilers fan site do you believe is the best? I’m on three and this has drawn me back daily for 18 years. The others I go to when I need a laugh. Oilfans might criticize a player, but the majority of the time it’s backed by stats rather than opinion. Fan sites should be critical. Without fans (criticism is still support) we wouldn’t have pro sports. Ultimately we pay the salaries through viewership, merchandise and lastly ticket sales.

Also Calgary Puck iis the worst read I’ve ever seen and aside from The Athletic, Bears fans are completely irrational.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836180 is a reply to message #836178 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 14:47

Curious. Which Oilers fan site do you believe is the best? I’m on three and this has drawn me back daily for 18 years. The others I go to when I need a laugh. Oilfans might criticize a player, but the majority of the time it’s backed by stats rather than opinion. Fan sites should be critical. Without fans (criticism is still support) we wouldn’t have pro sports. Ultimately we pay the salaries through viewership, merchandise and lastly ticket sales.

Also Calgary Puck iis the worst read I’ve ever seen and aside from The Athletic, Bears fans are completely irrational.

The sites I frequent the most, I don't think I have one that I think is "best". They each have their differences. I post here and Oilersnation the most.

Oilersnation has more stories to read. Granted they are coming from fans who fancy themselves as hockey experts. There are a few from Edmonton media guys who I like to read to see the quotes they get from players in the dressing rooms. They all have their biases but there is still some interesting stats at times and different perspectives. Here is just more about banter between fans. I do go spurts where I won't post here for awhile just because I need to take a break from here.

I agree to an extent that fan sites should be critical at times. It shouldn't be all "everything is great no matter what" all the time but it can get pretty negative I feel, especially towards some players. To the point it almost seems personal. An example is Nurse. I think it was at the beginning of this season he made the joke he gets blamed for everything including delays on bridges. That to me says he's aware of how critical fans are of him. I get he makes too much money but at times its pretty over the top for the guy. So I give the guy credit for how he handles it and how mentally tough he would have to be to handle that because it's a lot and if I was getting called crap on social media, on the radio, in blogs, on fans sites, day after day, which you can't deny happens a lot, I wouldn't handle it clsoe to has good as he does.

So when it comes to Laine, who doesn't seem to handle stuff like that as well, I don't think he would do well here because there will be fans and media who will be all over him, if he isn't scoring when he makes 8.7 mill. And you know as well as I do, it won't be constructive critism.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836181 is a reply to message #836180 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:18

The sites I frequent the most, I don't think I have one that I think is "best". They each have their differences. I post here and Oilersnation the most.

Oilersnation has more stories to read. Granted they are coming from fans who fancy themselves as hockey experts. There are a few from Edmonton media guys who I like to read to see the quotes they get from players in the dressing rooms. They all have their biases but there is still some interesting stats at times and different perspectives. Here is just more about banter between fans. I do go spurts where I won't post here for awhile just because I need to take a break from here.

I agree to an extent that fan sites should be critical at times. It shouldn't be all "everything is great no matter what" all the time but it can get pretty negative I feel, especially towards some players. To the point it almost seems personal. An example is Nurse. I think it was at the beginning of this season he made the joke he gets blamed for everything including delays on bridges. That to me says he's aware of how critical fans are of him. I get he makes too much money but at times its pretty over the top for the guy. So I give the guy credit for how he handles it and how mentally tough he would have to be to handle that because it's a lot and if I was getting called crap on social media, on the radio, in blogs, on fans sites, day after day, which you can't deny happens a lot, I wouldn't handle it clsoe to has good as he does.

So when it comes to Laine, who doesn't seem to handle stuff like that as well, I don't think he would do well here because there will be fans and media who will be all over him, if he isn't scoring when he makes 8.7 mill. And you know as well as I do, it won't be constructive critism.

I can’t do OilersNation for the sole reason of not wanting to support anything Jason Gregor has a hand in. And yes, that includes DFO.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836183 is a reply to message #836181 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:21

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:18

I can’t do OilersNation for the sole reason of not wanting to support anything Jason Gregor has a hand in. And yes, that includes DFO.

Your choice. I don't agree with everything Gregor says but he does get access to players that as a fan, I would never get so its a way to get information and perspective from players which I think is important.

There are people in here I don't particular care for in here but you have to take the good with the bad if you don't want to miss out on potentially good information.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836273 is a reply to message #836183 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:47

Your choice. I don't agree with everything Gregor says but he does get access to players that as a fan, I would never get so its a way to get information and perspective from players which I think is important.

There are people in here I don't particular care for in here but you have to take the good with the bad if you don't want to miss out on potentially good information.

Jason Gregor gets access because he's a suck up to the Oilers organization. Carries water like nobody's business. And what makes it worse with Gregor that some of the others is that he likes to pretend that he doesn't and gets mortally offended by the suggestion that he does.

And despite all that access, it's pretty meagre information he (or most of the other meat) gets, because they're petrified to ask any hard questions.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836291 is a reply to message #836273 ]
Fri, 14 June 2024 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 14 June 2024 01:15

Jason Gregor gets access because he's a suck up to the Oilers organization. Carries water like nobody's business. And what makes it worse with Gregor that some of the others is that he likes to pretend that he doesn't and gets mortally offended by the suggestion that he does.

And despite all that access, it's pretty meagre information he (or most of the other meat) gets, because they're petrified to ask any hard questions.

How do you know he gets mortally offended? Do you have proof?
icon_lol

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836423 is a reply to message #836291 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Fri, 14 June 2024 08:11

icon_lol

I used to listen to Gregor but at some point I think I had my fill and stopped. I think he saw Stauffer’s career path and decided to emulate that. Ironically after Dan Tencer left the Oilers I found him to be less insufferable on twitter. I think Gregor and him have swapped objective/pander roles in some weird cosmic Oilers dance.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836431 is a reply to message #836423 ]
Tue, 18 June 2024 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 23:23

icon_lol

I used to listen to Gregor but at some point I think I had my fill and stopped. I think he saw Stauffer’s career path and decided to emulate that. Ironically after Dan Tencer left the Oilers I found him to be less insufferable on twitter. I think Gregor and him have swapped objective/pander roles in some weird cosmic Oilers dance.

I will listen to the DFO because I like Frank, but I do not have much time for Gregor's takes. Especially his defiance on ref's using game management. I texted in to the show one day when when he was on his soap box and still working for 1260, and he wanted me to call in, but I knew I would sound like a bumbling idiot so I declined. I do not respond well to fast paced conversations.

My point was coming from my experience in reffing games, the way Hockey Sask gives feedback and from a few WHL linesmen that I know. The instructions given do not say to manage the game, but in the same breath you are told to be aware of the score, lopsided penalties to one team and not every penalty needs to be a penalty. Gregor dismissed everything I said and talked down to me (via text, so it I will admit that it was my interpretation). Plus he defends Mark Spector to no end.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836435 is a reply to message #836431 ]
Tue, 18 June 2024 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 18 June 2024 09:00

nullterm wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 23:23

icon_lol

I will listen to the DFO because I like Frank, but I do not have much time for Gregor's takes. Especially his defiance on ref's using game management. I texted in to the show one day when when he was on his soap box and still working for 1260, and he wanted me to call in, but I knew I would sound like a bumbling idiot so I declined. I do not respond well to fast paced conversations.

My point was coming from my experience in reffing games, the way Hockey Sask gives feedback and from a few WHL linesmen that I know. The instructions given do not say to manage the game, but in the same breath you are told to be aware of the score, lopsided penalties to one team and not every penalty needs to be a penalty. Gregor dismissed everything I said and talked down to me (via text, so it I will admit that it was my interpretation). Plus he defends Mark Spector to no end.

I've had a few exchanges with Gregor over the years, some by email, some by twitter - most recently regarding his praise of Holland before this series. He's not very good at debate. He has a tendency to just repeat some line that he's said in his most recent column, and then to try to act dismissive and then, presented with facts, going silent. If on twitter, usually some twitter troll will then jump to his defence with some inane argument that shows zero understanding or reading comprehension.

I do find that the best way to make certain he responds on twitter is to obliquely suggest he's a bootlicker or carries water for the team. Despite the fact he's become more and more cravenly bound to the team management, he just despises the idea of admitting that to his audience.

The Edmonton sports media is just full of old guys who got lucky enough to land their dream job 20-50 years ago, and are so worried that that gravy train is coming to a stop any day that they're willing to do anything to keep from landing on the outs with the team.

I mean, it was almost all over for Gregor a couple years ago when TSN pulled the plug on radio, so he may feel like he was THIS close to having to go get a real job at ~50 years old. Had to be terrifying. Most of these guys have seen a lot of colleagues laid off over the years, and because of the state of that industry, no young guys can really afford to be in the business. Look at Jonathan Willis, who just couldn't afford to be in media, despite being better than almost all the other options in Edmonton.

I'm suddenly sounding sympathetic to the Edmonton media, but I do think all the above means that the survivors are often not the people who would have ideally still been around because the secret to surviving in this market hasn't been about being a good writer, or insightful or being able to comprehend and tell the game...it's more just a mix of clickbait and sycophantism, which I believe may be the actual parents of Mark Spector!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836174 is a reply to message #836131 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

With Nurse's no-move clause, can't see why he'd accept a trade to Columbus.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836641 is a reply to message #836131 ]
Wed, 19 June 2024 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Hot take:

Patrick Laine would be on his 3rd team. His trade out of Winnipeg was made because he was unhappy and management didn't like his production. Now in Columbus he wants out for the same reasons.

He's locker room poison. A Euro who thinks he should be at the top of tier for everything and the reason why locker rooms fall apart when he's part of it.

He's Puljuljarvi with an ego.

Sane take:
Second time he's wanted out? I guess he can't find a fit?

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836661 is a reply to message #836641 ]
Wed, 19 June 2024 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 19 June 2024 10:56

Hot take:

Patrick Laine would be on his 3rd team. His trade out of Winnipeg was made because he was unhappy and management didn't like his production. Now in Columbus he wants out for the same reasons.

He's locker room poison. A Euro who thinks he should be at the top of tier for everything and the reason why locker rooms fall apart when he's part of it.

Sane take:

I've had some heated draft day discussions about Laine. The consensus opinion of my group of dummies is he just doesn't like playing hockey all that much. I'd take him on the cheap and LTIR him for the last 30 games of the season and a month around Christmas.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Patrick Laine Trade Request [message #836665 is a reply to message #836661 ]
Wed, 19 June 2024 16:24 Go to previous message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 19 June 2024 16:04

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 19 June 2024 10:56

Hot take:

Sane take:

I've had some heated draft day discussions about Laine. The consensus opinion of my group of dummies is he just doesn't like playing hockey all that much. I'd take him on the cheap and LTIR him for the last 30 games of the season and a month around Christmas.

Seems like a kid that just has crazy natural talent, but doesn't really like doing the boring parts that the NHL demands. The playing defense, the long practices, getting called out for making terrible or lazy plays. He wants to play like 35+ year old OV, just free wheeling and taking 1-timers and that's good enough to earn the salary. People bash Kessel for being lazy and riding natural talent, but I think Kessel actually worked pretty damn hard on his game and fitness. Laine is the actual caricature people tried to make Kessel.

Definitely a perfect LTIR candidate. Mental health (Forenite binging) break before the deadline every year. He definitely would be on board to coordinate the scam with management.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 June 2024 16:26]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Next Oilers GM
Next Topic:Holland’s Successor
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca