This day on June 25
Acquired: Taylor Hall (2010)
Departed: Kelly Buchberger (1999)

Happy Birthday To: OILFLEXER

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836381]
Sat, 15 June 2024 20:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   69%
Florida to win:   31%
13 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836385 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Amazing night

Don’t let us win in Florida. This series will be different if we do!!

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836388 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/MA_Route_3.svg/480px-MA_Route_3.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836400 is a reply to message #836388 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hockeyplayer01  is currently offline hockeyplayer01

No Cups

I came here for this.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836401 is a reply to message #836388 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1a1dfe5cc2e8599256cb6b8a79f701cf/1be06c63adb61b58-f0/s1280x1920/a3f3e880a3a425db06b3dd033846f9bc5d638449.gifv

[Updated on: Sun, 16 June 2024 16:30]

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836389 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

"no one predicted this" Oilfans bot, probably

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836391 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

https://i.postimg.cc/HL1DQmgj/8ce9e09b0208ee4a7bc4828577d92493.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836392 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Well. That was fun. One at a time. Three more times like that

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836393 is a reply to message #836392 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

No sweep, no giving them the cup tonight and pride well and truely restored. Another 3 like that would obviously be nice, but now we move on to Tuesday. A scruffy win in Florida would be a huge win for us, not only will they have to come back to our barn after this game, but we can win in different ways too.

Deep inside all the positives tonight, we've got to keep calm, we are still on the edge this is just the first of 3 steps to meet them at the last check point on the mountain.

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836394 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Connor Brown had that dawg in him again.

Skinner was strong.

Really pleased they held the Panthers off the scoresheet in the 3rd. Kept their foot on the throat.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836395 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

There’s one.

We’re on to Sunrise… the MUST awaits

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836396 is a reply to message #836395 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

I think for Florida. They can tell themselves it was just one game. But they just gave the Oilers confidence. Strength. Energy. Hope. Fortitude. They have outscored Florida 10-1 the last 4 periods. Notice has been served. Beware. The tough are now going.

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836397 is a reply to message #836396 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

halfafrog wrote on Sat, 15 June 2024 20:30

I think for Florida. They can tell themselves it was just one game. But they just gave the Oilers confidence. Strength. Energy. Hope. Fortitude. They have outscored Florida 10-1 the last 4 periods. Notice has been served. Beware. The tough are now going.

They are now stuck with the question… we had the best player in the world on the ropes and couldn’t finish… was that our big chance before they found their game?? Can we actually close this out??

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836398 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

https://i.gifer.com/umB.gif

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836399 is a reply to message #836398 ]
Sat, 15 June 2024 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowebudget  is currently offline lowebudget

No Cups

Connor Brown was a beast in this game.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836402 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Janitor
Brown
Broberg
Holloway

All excelled.. two of which are rookies.. 👍🏻

McDavid.. he was what he is.. pure 100% awesomite..

Just one game to play.. the next one.. LFG OIL !icon_nod

btw.. Shania going around after the game high fiving the team in the dressing room is pure Canadiana.. what a Beaut! 🍁 👍🏻 🙂

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836403 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Looks like I'm keeping my playoff beard for a couple more days?!

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836404 is a reply to message #836403 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

When is someone (anyone) in the media going to take a break from ball washing the panthers and call out Bennett, Barkov, Tkatchuk etc. Completely embarrassing behaviour and not a single question about yet another miraculous recovery 45 seconds after an apparent career ending injury. Bennett even used his grievously injured leg to push himself along the ice to the bench lol

Also how did the Oilers manage to score 8 with the worlds most elite defensive forward and greatest two way player in the history of earth playing? He must have still been shaking off the devastating head trauma that almost killed him in game 2.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 June 2024 07:37]

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836406 is a reply to message #836404 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Jay wrote on Sun, 16 June 2024 10:33

When is someone (anyone) in the media going to take a break from ball washing the panthers and call out Bennett, Barkov, Tkatchuk etc. Completely embarrassing behaviour and not a single question about yet another miraculous recovery 45 seconds after an apparent career ending injury. Bennett even used his grievously injured leg to push himself along the ice to the bench lol

Also how did the Oilers manage to score 8 with the worlds most elite defensive forward and greatest two way player in the history of earth playing? He must have still been shaking off the devastating head trauma that almost killed him in game 2.

1) Dr Frankenstein was in the room. He brought Bennett back from the dead, as he did previously with Barkov. Miraculous.

2) I was telling Adam - someone stole Barkov’s jersey. It’s literally impossible to score when he is on the ice, so the only answer is someone stole his jersey. And his face maybe - maybe it was John Travolta or Nick Cage? Certainly can’t have been Barkov.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836407 is a reply to message #836406 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

What an epic night to be there for the first time. I screamed as loud for goal number 8 as I did for the first. Would have been just as loud for 9 and 10 if they happened.

Can’t believe I got to be in the building to see one of the greatest in the history of the game break the 36 year old record of the consensus GOAT. And not just some cheap second assist - an absolute beauty to set up Holloway!

But in an 8-1 game with some great goals and assists including a record breaking one, hands down the play of the game is Skinner’s save on Verhaeghe (sp?) with about 8 minutes to go in the first to keep it 2-1. I’ve been hard on him, but I firmly believe he saved our season with that save. That goes in, and that is a very different game. He hasn’t been stopping many of those “no chance” shots like Bob has. But last night he did. And SER GEIIIIII did not. Huge game for Stu. And huge game for Bob - hope he gets in his own head now and gives us more of the same Tuesday!

Anyway, it wasn’t cheap, but thanks to a good friend and a supportive wife, they got me the best Father’s Day present i could ever ask for.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836408 is a reply to message #836407 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Sun, 16 June 2024 09:27

What an epic night to be there for the first time. I screamed as loud for goal number 8 as I did for the first. Would have been just as loud for 9 and 10 if they happened.

Can’t believe I got to be in the building to see one of the greatest in the history of the game break the 36 year old record of the consensus GOAT. And not just some cheap second assist - an absolute beauty to set up Holloway!

But in an 8-1 game with some great goals and assists including a record breaking one, hands down the play of the game is Skinner’s save on Verhaeghe (sp?) with about 8 minutes to go in the first to keep it 2-1. I’ve been hard on him, but I firmly believe he saved our season with that save. That goes in, and that is a very different game. He hasn’t been stopping many of those “no chance” shots like Bob has. But last night he did. And SER GEIIIIII did not. Huge game for Stu. And huge game for Bob - hope he gets in his own head now and gives us more of the same Tuesday!

Anyway, it wasn’t cheap, but thanks to a good friend and a supportive wife, they got me the best Father’s Day present i could ever ask for.

Who could have even thought we would get to see a Gretzky assist record beat, and by another Oiler. Just nuts.

Nice timing on coming to Edmonton for a game too Mike. Did you consider game 3 over 4 for any amount of time? haha

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836410 is a reply to message #836407 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

You definitely got your money’s worth, Mike. I’m glad it was worth the trip.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836411 is a reply to message #836407 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Sun, 16 June 2024 08:27

What a game to go to, glad they put on a show for you. Let’s see 3 more.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836412 is a reply to message #836407 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I made the trip yesterday too. Unreal. I have an amazing friend who practically gave me his extra seat. I still can’t talk and my hand hurts from all the high 5’s. Caught a t-shirt too.

What a night! Three more. Hopefully Bob caught his 2023 Finals form and continues to leak goals.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836409 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Sun, 16 June 2024 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

No Cups

When the Panthers put those two shots off the post on the first PP, I though, "the worm has turned." When Janmark potted that ShortJanded one I just giggled. No fist pump. No loud cheer. Just a giggle. Between that goal and the two to end Game 3, I feel like momentum is now on our side. Need to pull another out Tueaday to set up another epic weekend game back on home ice. Oh boy!

What happened to all of my messages? lol (I guess it's been awhile) Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836413 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Bobrovsky got lit up .. you never know with goalies.. odd balls in general.. Russian goalies in particular.. could become a factor.. remember this Russian goalie .. ? :)

They were teammates in Phili.. they traded Bob.. kept the Space Cadet.. .. maybe a little Bryzgalov rubbed off on Bob .. icon_nod

.. I think its in the eyes.. a few specks of crazy in there.. ;)

Quote:

TORONTO -- It was one of the most lopsided Olympic hockey performances ever in game that was expected to be extremely tight.

In 2010, Team Canada scored four first-period goals on rival Russia in a message-sending and soul-crushing onslaught of hockey. The Canadians finished with a 7-3 win in the quarterfinals of those Winter Olympics and haven't lost a best-on-best hockey game since.

After the game, the opposing player with the best view of the dominant start and later the victim when he came on to finish the game, Russian goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, worked his way through the hallway past reporters to the Russian dressing room. He was the backup on the bench as Evgeni Nabokov got lit up early, and it was a performance unlike any he saw.

When asked what it was like to witness that moment, he described with a one of the most memorable quotes of those memorable games.

"They came out .. like gorillas out of a cage.." he said.

When reached at home in Philadelphia Friday, he remembered the game and the quote quite well.

"They came on the ice, they were ready. They were prepared. They came to win. They outplay us, they were better than us in every aspect of the game," Bryzgalov said. "Big picture. Small picture, total domination by Canada."

And then he offered up a revised version of the gorilla comparison. In his memory, that group of Canadian hockey players in that moment has gotten even nastier...

"Not gorillas.." he said. "More like Orcs from 'The Hobbit...' You watch that movie, right? Big. Mean. Scary."

When Bryzgalov's former teammates on Team Russia face off against Canada in a rematch during the World Cup semifinals (7 p.m. ET, ESPN2), he sees a much more even match.

He said goalie Sergei Bobrovsky will need to stand on his head to beat Canada but felt like the Russian forwards compare well to the Canadian forwards.

"I think it's going to be a very interesting game," he said. "Who is going to win, I cannot tell you that. Both teams can win. Canadians probably have more chance than Russia. That's why we love the game -- luck, miracle -- all could be involved in the game."

Two world power hockey programs with a lot of pride have had wildly different levels of success since that 2010 Olympic game. Canada has skyrocketed into a stratosphere where they almost seem unbeatable. Meanwhile, Alex Ovechkin and the Russians are still looking for their signature win. Too often, like the 2010 blowout and the T.J. Oshie shootout game against the Americans in Sochi, they're on the wrong side of somebody else's memorable moment.

"All these big events, we have good roster, good players," Bryzgalov said. "We come out and do stupid stuff and sometimes it costs us."

If there's a major edge in this game, Bryzgalov said, it's behind the bench. Canada has been on another level since Mike Babcock was named head coach of the national team.

"Canadian coaching much, much better than coaching in Team Russia," Bryzgalov said. "They're not in the same league."

https://i.imgur.com/N39n3Wq.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/kQFuVLP.jpeg

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2024 20:22]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836414 is a reply to message #836413 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Light Bob up again and all bets are off. He's streaky as hell and can get into deep holes of despair.

Making florida players cart all their family and friends across the continent back to Edmonton would be an absolute pleasure.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836415 is a reply to message #836414 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 08:31

Making florida players cart all their family and friends across the continent back to Edmonton would be an absolute pleasure.

Absolutely. Tomorrow, down 3-1, isn't about winning to win. It's about winning out of spite.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836416 is a reply to message #836415 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I know I am bias but if they win game 5, I think they win game 6. Then all bets are off.

I do hope that putting 5 by Bob helps the Oilers get over whatever mental hurdle I am sure they had developed a bit. When you have a goalie robbing them as much as Bob was, he stole game 1 and partially stole game 3, it had to be weighing on the Oilers at least some. So I hope/think winning in that way will help them vs squeaking out a 3-2 win.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2024 10:28]

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836417 is a reply to message #836416 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 08:39

I know I am bias but if they win game 5, I think they win game 6. Then all bets are off.

I do hope that putting 5 by Bob helps the Oilers get over whatever mental hurdle I am sure they had developed a bit. When you have a goalie robbing them as much as Bob was, he stole game 1 and partially stole game 3, it had to be weighing on the Oilers at least some. So I hope/think winning in that way will help them vs squeaking out a 3-2 win.

You are on the right site to show Oilers bias.

I think Florida will be feeling loose to start game 5, but if we can score early like we did at home I could really see doubt sinking into that Panthers squad. I do not believe in momentum carrying over from game to game, but I do believe player confidence does carry over, whether that being negative or positive.

A confident Oilers team is hard to stop, and seeing Bennet and Tkachuk unravel a bit trying to draw the Oilers into a fight failed. All 4 lines are looking good right now, and Skinner has been above average.

Hope will never die.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836418 is a reply to message #836417 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 10:36

I think Florida will be feeling loose to start game 5, but if we can score early like we did at home I could really see doubt sinking into that Panthers squad. I do not believe in momentum carrying over from game to game, but I do believe player confidence does carry over, whether that being negative or positive.

A confident Oilers team is hard to stop, and seeing Bennet and Tkachuk unravel a bit trying to draw the Oilers into a fight failed. All 4 lines are looking good right now, and Skinner has been above average.

Hope will never die.

If ever there was a time for some bias...

As certain as I am the Florida does not want to fly back to Edmonton for Friday's game I'm equally sure the Oilers didn't fly across the continent just to hand the Panthers the cup. Friday is going to be lit.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836422 is a reply to message #836418 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 16:28 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 17 June 2024 10:49

Hope will never die.

If ever there was a time for some bias...

As certain as I am the Florida does not want to fly back to Edmonton for Friday's game I'm equally sure the Oilers didn't fly across the continent just to hand the Panthers the cup. Friday is going to be lit.

Bobrovski does have collapse in him. He's done it his whole career. He's great until he isn't...and then he's awful.

If we can get to him early in Game 5, then watch out. It's on. We bring it back home for Game 6 and it'll be hard for them to win here...

And if we can get to next Monday in Miami???? Well, that would be the greatest comeback story in NHL history.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836419 is a reply to message #836417 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Hope will never die.

I am hoping McD's goal will give him a boost. He's had quite a few chances on Bob before that one. Depth is great and very important but for any team to win, you best players have to be your best players. They will need McD to go off and maybe Leon finally getting a point since he's been so snake bitten as well, will get him going.

Re: Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4) [message #836420 is a reply to message #836381 ]
Mon, 17 June 2024 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

What Beauty! .. 😊 👍🏻
https://x.com/ShaniaTwain/status/1802421428471435718/video/1

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #5)
Next Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #4)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca