This day on June 30
Acquired: Jim Vandermeer (2010)
Departed: Jussi Markkanen (2003) Ethan Moreau (2010) Robert Nilsson (2010) Patrick O'Sullivan (2010)

Happy Birthday To: Sparky, Brock Longhorn, serra01, motorheadache, jpoilfan, flip314, Micky70, nae17

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836139]
Thu, 13 June 2024 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   77%
Florida to win:   23%
13 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24P Regular Season
Saturday, June 8, 2024Edmonton 0 @ Florida 3Loss
Monday, June 10, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 4Loss
Thursday, June 13, 2024Florida 4 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, June 15, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 8Win
Tuesday, June 18, 2024Edmonton 5 @ Florida 3Win
Friday, June 21, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 5Win
Monday, June 24, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 2Loss
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 1-3-0       Overall Record: 3-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/7 Total: 23
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/12 Total: 18

2022-23 Regular Season
Saturday, November 12, 2022Edmonton 4 @ Florida 2Win
Monday, November 28, 2022Florida 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/4 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/2 Total: 5

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836140 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

ROCK the HOUSE !! 💥🤛🏻 🙂

https://s10.gifyu.com/images/SYHFK.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836141 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Do you smell what the MUST is Cooking . . ?

Light'er Up OIL !

OH. YEAH ! 🙂

https://s12.gifyu.com/images/SYYx5.gif

https://s12.gifyu.com/images/SYLck.gif

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2024 05:29]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836143 is a reply to message #836141 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

First and foremost the team has to turn up for 60 minutes tonight, everyone needs to be able to go for every shift, not a single one with managed minutes.

The fans in attendance, they need to have that place loud and bouncing, the loudest it's ever been for the duration of the night, no lull.. Fans have to be leaving with sore throats, hands and feet, everyone has to play a part if we are going to turn this around.

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836145 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

In the season of comebacks, it's time for one more.

Win this one for Greg and his family.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836146 is a reply to message #836145 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Just win. Any way possible. Ugh. Lose this and it’s over

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836147 is a reply to message #836145 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Time for the big boys to step up. Yes you need depth but you need your best players to play well and for the Oilers and how their team is built, they need them to get going. When you have 2 elite players like McD and Leon who get all the PP time and the bulk of the premium ice time, they have to produce.

Leon has been quiet. You sat at the podium last year almost in tears. You said cup or bust. Here you are. You are one of the best players on the planet, time to shine.
Nuge has been a bit quiet. Ringing the bar doesn't count. You have to score and he's missed wide open nets. He's played 13 yrs, this is what you have waited for and it's there for the taking. Nuge being Nuge, being Mr. Subtle, don't win you the cup. Time to step up.
Hyman. See Nuge. He's missed wide open nets. You left your home town to come here for this. Time to go grab it.
McD has been decent but 1 assist doesn't cut it. Need to score. You want to win so badly. You have a good team, you are in the finals. The entire NHL is watching. You want to solidify your legacy, the time is right now. Time to go McD.
Bouchard has had 2 rough games. He looks rattled. He's bobbling pucks he doesn't normally bobble, missing pucks at the line he normally stops, missing passes that are always on the tape, not getting his shot throught.

It sure would be nice if a few other Oilers forwards showed they had a pulse.

Foegele: UFA, scored his 20 goals to potentially get a raise. If he had any kind of remotely OK playoff, slam dunk he gets a big contract. He's sucked. Every crappy game he plays, costs him money. If he wants to salvage something, and I hope his agent is telling him "DUDE COME ON!!", he has to pick it up huge. He's making it real easy to say bye bye for the Oilers. If he wants to take a pay cut to say, then maybe but no chance I want him signed for even what he makes. Playoffs in my opinion show what a player is made of and he's not showing anything.

McLeod. See above. He's been lousy. He looks soft, scared, not engaged. He skates fast and is decent defensively, great. He looks like a little faster, less engaged Janmark. Janmark makes 1 mill and at least Janmark will mix it up some. It's too bad McLeod's contract isn't up because you could get him for less than the 2.1 mill he's making now.

Holloway. Has showed a lot of promise, I like the skillset. Looks like he has all the tools to be a good second line player. Time to show it. You looked good early but you have faded big time. If you want your name written in pen for a top 6 job next season, time to step up.

Kane I know you are hurt. If you are too hurt, swallow your pride and step back. Otherwise, you need to do something.

Perry. They brought you in for your experience, they need a greasy goal. At 39 this is probably it for you for cup chances. Whatever you have left, leave it on the ice. Get in the Panthers face. Push Bob, pry at his pads. DO anything and everything to get in his head.

Brown. Your season was a disaster but I am seeing what kind of player you are in the playoffs. I think you have been pretty good actually. If you want to salvage the tiniest bit of your season, now is the time.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836149 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

On the day Colin Campbell became an Edmonton Oiler, the Edmonton Oilers ride the MUST to take on Colin's son's Florida Panthers... The MUST is reaching unprecedented levels. The MUST cannot be contained. The MUST has reached CAT 8!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836150 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Maximum musty night. Got a little gift from the weather to mess up Florida's travel to Edmonton. No excuses. Hit the net when you get a golden opportunity to shoot. Forwards, work your butt off in our end to help the D, and get this powerplay working again.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836152 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

One game at a time. Take tonight and 2-1 does not seems as daunting and the pressure shifts to Florida.

It is a Must like no other Must we have seen since the dawn of Must.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836153 is a reply to message #836146 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 08:17

Just win. Any way possible. Ugh. Lose this and it’s over

Let's not manifest the "L" word right now. Do not need it in our headspace. Most fans of other teams, and a large chunk of our fan base have already wrote us off.

This is a team of adversary and I am waiting for the story book ending.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836164 is a reply to message #836152 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

OMG did you guys hear the news??

Apparently Barkov is playing tonight!? Yes despite suffering the most horrific injury in NHL history he has dragged himself off of deaths door and will be in the lineup tonight. Of all the dramatic things!

Hopefully this absolute phony gets lit up tonight and take a few actual hits.

I hate the way the oilers are handling this. Instead of wringing their hands and having Leon apologize and beg forgiveness for touching the nhls new golden boy they should be calling out barkov, the panthers and the media for lapping it up.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2024 13:12]

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836165 is a reply to message #836164 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 12:00

Apparently Barkov is playing tonight!? Yes despite suffering the most horrific injury in NHL history he has dragged himself off of deaths door and will be in the lineup tonight. Of all the dramatic things!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/yoJC2NjczmzoJl80NO/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a7q9dswk9fg0vrxkkilgdiovio7xme59etmlhvn0&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836166 is a reply to message #836164 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Jay wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 12:00

He probably bit his lip when Leon hit him. That hurts you know!

He is the captain and captains are expected to do special things. I am sure he is inspiring his team by gutting it out with a sore lip. He might be up for the Bill Masterton Trophy next year.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2024 12:44]

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836167 is a reply to message #836164 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Jay wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:00

BRB - need to pick my jaw up off the floor. Will the miracles never cease? Amazing he was even able to get on an airplane, let alone play tonight.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836184 is a reply to message #836167 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Sounds like these will be the potential lines.

Nuge - McD - Hyman
McLeod - Drai - Holloway
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Foegele - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak Broberg

I hope Nurse is good to go. They are saying Ceci was off the ice quickly at the morning skate so maybe they will see at warm up and maybe have him in as a 7.

I am expecting that McD and Leon will have a great game. This is what those 2 have been wanting since they got to Edmonton. Time to put their stamp on this series.

I feel like it's put up or shut up time for McLeod and Foegele. Those guys in my opinion haven't have a strong playoff. Time to get out of their comfort zone. If they can't do it now in the finals when your team is down 2-0, it may never come.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836186 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Davo shows up to the rink in an all black suit.. 🥵

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836187 is a reply to message #836140 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Message to Knoblauch and the team...

LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR.

No regrets. No missed opportunities. You've got this.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836188 is a reply to message #836186 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

McD dressed all in black. Looking like he's ready to crush the Panthers.

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836189 is a reply to message #836184 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:52

Nuge - McD - Hyman
McLeod - Drai - Holloway
Foegele - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak Broberg

I hope Nurse is good to go. They are saying Ceci was off the ice quickly at the morning skate so maybe they will see at warm up and maybe have him in as a 7.

I am expecting that McD and Leon will have a great game. This is what those 2 have been wanting since they got to Edmonton. Time to put their stamp on this series.

I feel like it's put up or shut up time for McLeod and Foegele. Those guys in my opinion haven't have a strong playoff. Time to get out of their comfort zone. If they can't do it now in the finals when your team is down 2-0, it may never come.

Wings looking dismal on the top 2 lines :(

Crazy that Kane's injury that we knew about in October/Nov turned into him not even playing in the finals.

Hoping for miracles. Tonight I expect the game of their lives to not go down 3. But still need 3 more after that and we are looking pretty beat up and shallow with the depth.

Not trying Kulak on Nurse's pair is odd again to me. I saw someone suggest a rumor that Kulak told Knob that he is uncomfortable on the right. But, we're trying to win a cup here. If a guy playing his off side makes the team better, then do it. Especially since Kulak playing left is forcing Broberg to play his offside instead.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 June 2024 16:49]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836190 is a reply to message #836189 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 16:21

Nuge - McD - Hyman
McLeod - Drai - Holloway
Foegele - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak Broberg

Crazy that Kane's injury that we knew about in October/Nov turned into him not even playing in the finals.

Hoping for miracles. Tonight I expect the game of their lives to not go down 3. But still need 3 more after that and we are looking pretty beat up and shallow with the depth.

Not trying Kulak on Nurse's pair is odd again to me. I saw someone suggest a rumor that Kulak told Knob that he is uncomfortable on the right. But, we're trying to win a cup here. If a guy playing his off side makes the team better, then do it. Especially since Kulak playing left is forcing Broberg to play his offside instead.

Don’t quote me on this… but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kane is in

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836191 is a reply to message #836190 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 16:58

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 16:21

Nuge - McD - Hyman
McLeod - Drai - Holloway
Foegele - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak Broberg

Don’t quote me on this… but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kane is in

Not sure how useful he can even be now. Loses almost every board battle. Playing zero defense in our end. He's a shadow of himself now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836192 is a reply to message #836190 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 15:58

.. Don’t quote me on this… but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kane is in

đź‘€ !!!

.. Stauffer was saying Kane could barely shoot a puck yesterday.. hmm.. gamesmanship ? :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836193 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

https://s10.gifyu.com/images/SYt4x.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3) [message #836196 is a reply to message #836139 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 18:11 Go to previous message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

The last game 3 in the SCF in Edmonton, down 2-0 in the series, I was there at Northlands. Ryan Smyth with the GWG, which was the loudest I ever heard that building.

Would love to see a similar result tonight. Hyman with the GWG - calling it.

Previous Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca