This day on June 22
Acquired: David Oliver (1991) Martin Rucinsky (1991) Tyler Wright (1991) Boyd Devereaux (1996) Chris Hajt (1996) Fernando Pisani (1996) Tom Poti (1996) Matt Greene (2002) Jarret Stoll (2002) Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers (2002) Kyle Brodziak (2003) Mathieu Roy (2003) Troy Bodie (2003) David Rohlfs (2003) Josef Hrabal (2003) Sam Gagner (2007) Alex Plante (2007) Riley Nash (2007)
Departed: Tyler Wright (1996) Jochen Hecht (2002)

Happy Birthday To: alleykatt, XCubedAttire, jermacg, ztacy, Jarvis Eastman, dogrocks44

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » What's The Story Behind Your UsernamePages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835700]
Fri, 07 June 2024 19:16 Go to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Curious how some posters came up with their screen handle? Is their a story behind it; any meaning or you just thought it sounded cool?

I'll go first I like Alexandra Daddario so my name is a cross with one of her characters name that best ties in with the oilers'. The last name of her character, from her current show is, Fielding goes perfectly with oil so I combined them to get mine.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Send a private message to this user  

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835701 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Fri, 07 June 2024 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Born in New Zealand. Didn't know a thing about hockey.
First visited my girlfriend (now wife) in 2000.
We were in a bar in Jasper and there happened to be hockey on. Oilers vs some high powered US team with a WAY higher salary cap than us.

Even though the Oilers were completely outclassed skillwise, they busted their asses off and kept the game close. Don't even remember the final score, but I remember thinking "I can appreciate this kind of effort in the face of an overwhelming opposition." So I became a fan. Moved to Canada to be with her in 2002.

So yeah. NZ (New Zealand) Oiler Fan. Pretty simple.

Cool topic. I expect Adam and Mike will have amazing stories about how they came up with their names.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 June 2024 19:55]

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835704 is a reply to message #835701 ]
Fri, 07 June 2024 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

That's a great story!

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835705 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Fri, 07 June 2024 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

I signed up as my fav oiler at the time (niinimaa44) but I didn't realize that made me look like a puck bunny, and being half Finnish, it was an easy change.

My grandmother didn't speak much English, so we watched Oiler games together and talked about them in Fiinglish until she died Christmas '85.

At least she saw one Cup.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835706 is a reply to message #835705 ]
Fri, 07 June 2024 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Tardigrade is like a weird tiny animal nobody can see. I looked up weird animals and tardigrade came up. Sounded like a cool user name

That or Van Damme lover was the other lol

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835710 is a reply to message #835706 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeZoE  is currently offline DeZoE

No Cups

My name is Desmond. Daughters name is Zoe. DeZoE….

I'm not wearing pants...

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835712 is a reply to message #835706 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Fri, 07 June 2024 21:30

Tardigrade is like a weird tiny animal nobody can see. I looked up weird animals and tardigrade came up. Sounded like a cool user name

As weird as your username sounds, you made the correct choice.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835715 is a reply to message #835712 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 08 June 2024 08:09

tardigrade81 wrote on Fri, 07 June 2024 21:30

As weird as your username sounds, you made the correct choice.

100% lol

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835711 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

gretzky2kurri

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835716 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I forget what I originally signed up as… but Oscargasm came on the back (heh, nice) of winning a game we used to have on this site called Survivor, where we picked winners of games until no you were the last one standing. Oilfans members Adam, Pi and KR (I think?) decided on the name for me which was fitting, given the innuendos I use (have you been around for my pant launching?) and pic of Oscar Klefbom.

Thanks for the name, OF

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835844 is a reply to message #835716 ]
Sun, 09 June 2024 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

Perkele has the same origins. Oilfans Survivor was a great game and my name changed twice after my two wins and the community deciding on what my name would be.

I initially signed up as 7mf2, a terrible name that was the start of the student email address given to me in 1997 when I started university and had access to the internet for the first time in my life. It became my user name when I joined anything online from that point on. I never liked it and I am assuming I stole the idea from oscargasm to get rid of it.

My first change was to Bath(i)robe and that was even worse than 7mf2. I think it was Adam that suggested it (it might have been Pi) but it was right around the Harvey Weinstein trail and they both found it funny. Thank god I won again and got another chance to change my handle.

It was definitely Pi who suggested Perkele (apparently the thunder god of Finland, or something like that, and a swear word in Finnish) because of my Niagara Falls Thunder Pic (which I love). I liked it even though I have no Finnish in me at all (neither Nationally, nor on the ice).

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835846 is a reply to message #835844 ]
Sun, 09 June 2024 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Perkele wrote on Sun, 09 June 2024 11:05

My first change was to Bath(i)robe and that was even worse than 7mf2. I think it was Adam that suggested it (it might have been Pi) but it was right around the Harvey Weinstein trail and they both found it funny. Thank god I won again and got another chance to change my handle.

I believe I came up with bathrobe, and maybe CrusaderPi added the little guy poking out. Still a great moment in Oilfans history.

Thanks again to benv for his amazing contributions to the site including Oilfans Survivor. That was always good entertainment!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835737 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Sat, 08 June 2024 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iamheretoday  is currently offline Iamheretoday

No Cups

Mine is a joke with a buddy. I am here today is a hold over from my youth when I worked out of town all the time. I was lucky enough to catch most of the playoff games in 90/91/92 when I was around. Buddy would always leave a message for me asking if I was in town and my response was I am here today, so it stuck.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835845 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Sun, 09 June 2024 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I wanted to find a way to pay tribute to all the Adams who've played for the Oilers:

Adam Bennett
Adam Clendening
Adam Cracknell
Adam Erne
Adam Graves
Adam Henrique
Adam Larsson
Adam Oates
Adam Pardy

This was the best way I could think to do so.

Either that or it's just my name.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835860 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

No Cups

I'm from Newfoundland. I used to be NewfOil, but when Oilfans moved to this server from the (very) old one, I changed to Hibernia, which is the name of Newfoundland's original offshore Oil reserve.

What happened to all of my messages? lol (I guess it's been awhile) Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836185 is a reply to message #835860 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

Hey Hibernia... long time no see. Im still an Oiler fan even though we are in Ontario now... still a Newfie at heart ❤️

Building For The Future

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836286 is a reply to message #836185 ]
Fri, 14 June 2024 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Joanie wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 19:27

Hey Hibernia... long time no see. Im still an Oiler fan even though we are in Ontario now... still a Newfie at heart ❤️

Wow! I was almost as shocked to see your name here today as I'm sure some of the folks were to see mine when I showed up again a few weeks ago. Good to "see" ya!

What happened to all of my messages? lol (I guess it's been awhile) Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836287 is a reply to message #836286 ]
Fri, 14 June 2024 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Hibernia wrote on Fri, 14 June 2024 08:05

Joanie wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 19:27

Wow! I was almost as shocked to see your name here today as I'm sure some of the folks were to see mine when I showed up again a few weeks ago. Good to "see" ya!

The old gang is getting back together, I wonder who's next to pop up and say hi? Hagis or Sunshine Dad??

Take me home, country road
to the place where I belong
to Alberta, to see the Oilers
take me home, country road

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835873 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

After getting busted for being a not so anonymous poster on a message board for the Edmonton Cracker-Cats I changed my user name to a word combo that had never been used before. I later found out that there was a 70s thoroughbred in England named CrusaderPi. Screw that horse.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835877 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrean  is currently offline Adrean

No Cups

Similar to others, it's my name. Since it's a unique spelling, it works across several forums. My mother combined my maternal grandmother's name (Andrea) with my paternal grandfather's name (Adrianus) and came up with Adrean. Imagine telling kids on the playground that you are named after your grandmother!

After my son died, I switched username to Adam's Dad. When Adam was growing up, he was very outgoing and everyone around the neighborhood knew him. I quite often got "Ohhhh..... your Adam's Dad!" so that became a nickname. Again, like other stories, I changed it back after a Survivor win.

benv wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 Adrean wins his first Survivor title!
CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 13 February 2019 Mighty Adrean is a two time champion
CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 For the third time Adam's Dad stands victorious

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835881 is a reply to message #835877 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Who doesn't like dragons?
Who doesn't like Matts?

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835882 is a reply to message #835881 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 12:58

Who doesn't like Matts?

No one, that's who.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835884 is a reply to message #835882 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836043 is a reply to message #835881 ]
Tue, 11 June 2024 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 16:28

Who doesn't like Matts?

Matts had a special ability to tick people off. (PS. Matts was the username of "famous" Oiler fan, Dennis King on here.)

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836052 is a reply to message #836043 ]
Tue, 11 June 2024 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Tue, 11 June 2024 08:15

Who doesn't like Matts?

Matts had a special ability to tick people off. (PS. Matts was the username of "famous" Oiler fan, Dennis King on here.)

That's in the very olden days, eh? In that 2006-ish period he was just Dennis. Now he's a twitter star and former radio guest until he challenged Bob Stauffer too much.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836105 is a reply to message #836052 ]
Wed, 12 June 2024 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 June 2024 13:11

Hibernia wrote on Tue, 11 June 2024 08:15

Who doesn't like Matts?

That's in the very olden days, eh? In that 2006-ish period he was just Dennis. Now he's a twitter star and former radio guest until he challenged Bob Stauffer too much.

Yes. I had forgotten that he changed to his actual name on here at some point. (We've been shooting the crap here now for more than a quarter century. Holy!!)

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #835885 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Gonna show my age here. I wanted the username smyth in Neopets. It was taken so they suggested smyth260.

Clean house or bust

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836108 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Wed, 12 June 2024 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boulangj  is currently offline boulangj

No Cups

old school user name

way back when username was limited to 8 characters

so first 7 of last name boulang(er), and first name initial j

boulangj

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836132 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Wed, 12 June 2024 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Back in my younger years I had a friend in the music industry. That friend got us into concerts and other events all over and when we got there our passes were always listed under my friends name "+1".
Given he was the VIP and I was just his +1 to all these events it became a joke and then a nickname, "PlusOne"

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836155 is a reply to message #835700 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

My name is Vern, born in the year of the Fire Dragon. People often call me Vern-O, and one day a buddy called me Disco Inverno.

People call me a lot of names now. Disco, Vern-O, #$^&*##, but inverno76 is my handle here.

I loved Survivor Pools. I won a few times, but I lost more times than I can remember when I forgot to enter my picks.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836157 is a reply to message #836155 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

...if anyone wants to fire up Survivor again next season they should feel free to do so.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836158 is a reply to message #836157 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I could not remember to get my picks in on time, and I am older and more forgetful now. That being said, someone needs to do this again. #notme

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836160 is a reply to message #836157 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 10:08

...if anyone wants to fire up Survivor again next season they should feel free to do so.

I don't want to make the promise.. but this is something I could do

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836161 is a reply to message #836160 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 11:12

Actually... scratch that.. I WILL DO IT!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836162 is a reply to message #836161 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 11:13

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 11:12

Actually... scratch that.. I WILL DO IT!

Pants launched!

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836163 is a reply to message #836161 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perkele  is currently offline Perkele

No Cups

I really wish you had said you "MUST do it"

#teamBath(i)robe

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836176 is a reply to message #836163 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

Perkele wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 13:00

I haven't posted on here in a long, long time, but this needs to be acknowledged as a top tier snipe. Well done, Perkele.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836179 is a reply to message #836163 ]
Thu, 13 June 2024 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Perkele wrote on Thu, 13 June 2024 12:00

Holy MUSTicles what an opportunity wasted! Gosh!

I’ll do it. I’ll resurrect Survivor from the ashes. But I’ll have to up my own MUST to live up to the task.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836288 is a reply to message #836179 ]
Fri, 14 June 2024 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Should change it to sad tardigrade now. Stupid oilers

Re: What's The Story Behind Your Username [message #836289 is a reply to message #836288 ]
Fri, 14 June 2024 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Fri, 14 June 2024 08:50

Should change it to sad tardigrade now. Stupid oilers

Don't be sad yet - they still have to beat us again.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Next Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #3)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca