This day on July 2
Acquired: Steve MacIntyre (2010) Richard Petiot (2010)
Departed: Scott Fraser (1998) Brett Hauer (2001) Petr Sykora (2007) Curtis Glencross (2008) Chris Minard (2010)

Happy Birthday To: jrae, Oilman, HuMz, Oggie Oglethorpe, younggun1501, chipman

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835858]
Mon, 10 June 2024 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 73%
Florida to win: 27%
11 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2023-24P Regular Season
Saturday, June 8, 2024Edmonton 0 @ Florida 3Loss
Monday, June 10, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 4Loss
Thursday, June 13, 2024Florida 4 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, June 15, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 8Win
Tuesday, June 18, 2024Edmonton 5 @ Florida 3Win
Friday, June 21, 2024Florida 1 @ Edmonton 5Win
Monday, June 24, 2024Edmonton 1 @ Florida 2Loss
Home Record: 2-1-0       Road Record: 1-3-0       Overall Record: 3-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/7 Total: 23
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/12 Total: 18

2022-23 Regular Season
Saturday, November 12, 2022Edmonton 4 @ Florida 2Win
Monday, November 28, 2022Florida 3 @ Edmonton 4 (OT)Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 2-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/4 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/2 Total: 5

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835859 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

No Cups

While everyone seems to be focused on Nurse-Ceci from game 1 (and a little deservedly so) the team allowed 2 5-on-5 goals. That should be enough to win most games, especially when your offence fires 30+ shots at the other net.

But how many of those 32 saves were tough for Bobrovsky? The offence simply didn't get good shots on Bob when they had their good chances. Shots either missed the net, were half-fanned on or shot into the small percentage of the net that Bob was covering (think the RNH breakaway). Tonight, the Oilers need to get better shots off when given the opportunity.

If they can come home with the split, the odds should swing heavily in the Oilers favour.

What happened to all of my messages? lol (I guess it's been awhile) Twitter: @AitchOil

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835867 is a reply to message #835859 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Hibernia wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 06:58

While everyone seems to be focused on Nurse-Ceci from game 1 (and a little deservedly so) the team allowed 2 5-on-5 goals. That should be enough to win most games, especially when your offence fires 30+ shots at the other net.

But how many of those 32 saves were tough for Bobrovsky? The offence simply didn't get good shots on Bob when they had their good chances. Shots either missed the net, were half-fanned on or shot into the small percentage of the net that Bob was covering (think the RNH breakaway). Tonight, the Oilers need to get better shots off when given the opportunity.

If they can come home with the split, the odds should swing heavily in the Oilers favour.

High danger chances were heavily in the Oilers favour too - I think 14-6 or something like that.

I do hope the Oilers weren't too satisfied with their game though. They played well, but they lost, so we need to go up a level again tonight - especially since the Panthers are likely to be more dangerous than they were Saturday.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835861 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Huge cloud of MUST out there.

Coffee tasting a bit MUSTY this AM.

Toast toasted with an extra pinch of MUST.

It’s MUST time, baby.

Let’s. MUSTING. GOOOOOOO!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835862 is a reply to message #835861 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

So what were the D pairings at practice? Didn't see it anywhere.

Hopefully Nurse and Ceci will be split up. Ideally, though I can't see him having the stones to do it, one of Nurse or Ceci should sit in favor of Desharnais (not a huge Desharnais fan).

Anyway - LFG!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835863 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

All the goals scored on Bobrovsky during the playoffs.
https://i.postimg.cc/Z5ySpZcG/where-to-shoot-on-bobrovsky-v0-h7neknorzg5d1.jpg

Shoot high on him!

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835866 is a reply to message #835863 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Rowan Oil Fielding wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 08:35

Shoot high on him!

https://media1.tenor.com/m/boko0fgnxbQAAAAC/never-harrypotter.gif

Every good chance along the ice or weakly lifted low glove!!!!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835868 is a reply to message #835866 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I thought the Oilers outplayed the Panthers by a wide margin. They did more than enough to easily win that game. They just need to bury their chances and hit the freaking net. When Nuge missed that wide open net, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be their night. I can't for the life of me figure out why he felt the need to one time slap it. He isn't a slap shot guy, he's a snap shot guy. Bob was laying on the ice flinging his legs in the air so take the pass fire it in the top half of the net.

I hope they reinforce to everyone to stop going low on Bob. I can't remember what the number was but I don't think he let in a single low shot.

But regardless, if they play like that again, they should win. I just don't see how a goalie can stand on his head like that every game. Bob is a real good goalie and he could have played just a real good game and they would have lost 4-2.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835869 is a reply to message #835868 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Just go play your game. We will win!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835872 is a reply to message #835866 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 15:39

Rowan Oil Fielding wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 08:35

Shoot high on him!

https://media1.tenor.com/m/boko0fgnxbQAAAAC/never-harrypotter.gif

Every good chance along the ice or weakly lifted low glove!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/gJ8GsHdH/thumbs-up-emma-watson.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835870 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bob Stauffer @Bob_Stauffer

The @EdmontonOilers today:

RNH-Mcdavid-Hyman
Henrique-Draisaitl-Holloway
Foegele-McLeod-Perry
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Ryan-Gagner

(Kane not on ice)

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Broberg
Kemp-Ceci

Skinner
Pickard

Back to Nurse/Vinny. Did work for a while. Vinny was overwhelmed by Dallas forwards though. Florida won't be much easier.

Ceci goes from promotion to out of top 6. At least Knob isn't stubborn. McLellan probably would have locked in Nurse/Ceci indefinitely after media called his pairs out :)

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2024 09:38]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835876 is a reply to message #835870 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 12:35

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Broberg
Kemp-Ceci
[/i]

Back to Nurse/Vinny. Did work for a while. Vinny was overwhelmed by Dallas forwards though. Florida won't be much easier.

Ceci goes from promotion to out of top 6. At least Knob isn't stubborn. McLellan probably would have locked in Nurse/Ceci indefinitely after media called his pairs out :)

I was hoping for Ceci to sit, but when I saw those stats Skookum Jim posted last night, I went to rewatch most of the goals Nurse was on for - and yeah, he has been pretty bad. I'm thinking probably worse than Ceci. Both by the eye test and by all the stats I can find. I don't put too much stock in +/- as an isolated stat, but his -15 is 7 worse than the next worst on the team, and just a single minus away from the all time green jacket for a playoff season (Paul Reinhart with -16 in 83).

No two ways about it - he needs to be better. Hope that starts tonight.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835878 is a reply to message #835876 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

Heading to Charlottetown hospital later today so I can stick around and watch this one with my wife in her ICU room.
We have a tradition to watch playoff games together, so time to get that going again.
Go Oilers!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835887 is a reply to message #835876 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 11:03

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Broberg
Kemp-Ceci
[/i]

I was hoping for Ceci to sit, but when I saw those stats Skookum Jim posted last night, I went to rewatch most of the goals Nurse was on for - and yeah, he has been pretty bad. I'm thinking probably worse than Ceci. Both by the eye test and by all the stats I can find. I don't put too much stock in +/- as an isolated stat, but his -15 is 7 worse than the next worst on the team, and just a single minus away from the all time green jacket for a playoff season (Paul Reinhart with -16 in 83).

Some of his WOWY's show Nurse a lot better when not playing with Ceci.

Honestly, I'd prefer him with Kulak or even Broberg though to Desharnais. I think he needs a guy who can still skate well and move the puck playing with him and Desharnais' weaknesses are pretty similar to Ceci's. We'll see how it goes tonight.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835888 is a reply to message #835887 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 14:04

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 11:03

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Broberg
Kemp-Ceci
[/i]

Some of his WOWY's show Nurse a lot better when not playing with Ceci.

Honestly, I'd prefer him with Kulak or even Broberg though to Desharnais. I think he needs a guy who can still skate well and move the puck playing with him and Desharnais' weaknesses are pretty similar to Ceci's. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Yeah, Kulak worked as well as you could hope. Broberg, I do get the coach being hesitant to play him against good comp on his off side. Could be a fast way to derail the confidence he gained this year and go badly.

Vinny at least is more aware defensively and can win some board battles. You at least don't have 2 chaotic players together like nurse with Ceci. But the lack of passing ability of a pair of nurse and Vinny can lead to a lot of unnecessary own zone time. Guess we will see how it goes. Forwards really need to step up and support that pair. Can't expect to be hit with many long passes.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2024 14:32]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835893 is a reply to message #835876 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 June 2024 10:03

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Broberg
Kemp-Ceci
[/i]

As we discussed last night.. Ekholm, Bouchard, Broberg, Kulak, were IN.. the choices were one of Desharnais, Ceci, or Nurse sitting out.. Nurse plays left .. he ain't going anywhere.. so it was Des or Ceci.. Ceci is smarter and better handling the puck at the opposition Blueline.. Des is slower.. less mobile.. but his reach and size can help nullify a lot of errors .. both his own.. and Nurses..

Tough.. but inspired choice.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835896 is a reply to message #835876 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Darnell thinks he's playing great though. There's no problems (as he stares down his nose at the press and the camera). There's never any problem with Darnell...

Whatever, we need to think positive about the game. Let's goooooo!!!!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835874 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Getting pretty musty outside

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835875 is a reply to message #835874 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I will give Knoblaugh props again. He's not afraid to change the line up and he's not married to certain guys like guys in the past.

I am actually surprised Ceci is out. Not because I don't think he doesn't deserve it but just because coaches typically defer to vets hoping they can figure it out. Knoblauch doesn't seem to do that which is refreshing. I think we will see a very, very motivated Vinnie. He played the whole season and all the playoff games going into game 4 against Dallas. Sitting for 4 games in a row, I am sure was very hard and he will want to do well which could bring extra energy to the team.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835879 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Well, I woke up Saturday pretty confident in a win. This morning, I'm dreading watching the game, so maybe that's a good sign.

They've been up against it all season, so hopefully that gets them on track to get a few past the wall in goal

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835889 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

Button down the hatches guys.. McD-Tornado hittin' east coast Florida at 4PM MT ...

OH. YEAH. ! 💥🤛🏻 😊
https://s10.gifyu.com/images/SYio7.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2024 17:16]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835891 is a reply to message #835858 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

4 Cups

The clock on the wall says.. .... its LFG Time !
https://s12.gifyu.com/images/SYiOp.gif

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2024 17:27]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2) [message #835898 is a reply to message #835891 ]
Mon, 10 June 2024 18:17 Go to previous message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

McDavid or Drai need a dominant game tonight. Let's gooooooooooooo!!!

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #2)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Florida (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca