Oilers » WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1)Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834595]
Mon, 20 May 2024 23:33 Go to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Game 1 thurs

Send a private message to this user  

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834598 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

The stress continues. LFG!!!

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834606 is a reply to message #834598 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Gonna be in tough for this one. Will need all hands on deck. Hope the couple days off gives McDavid time to heal up whatever is ailing him.

1. What's up with Henrique? Any updates? Sure would help to have him back.
2. McLeod - that high stick and the flub that led to the first goal weren't great, but at least we finally saw a bit of jam out of him. Let's hope for more of that.
3. In only about 10 minute in each of his last 2 games, I thought Carrick was a big positive. Hitting everything that moves, and hitting them hard. I think that can pay dividends in a long series. I'd keep him in ahead of Perry.

We need to go hard at Benn early and often because you know he'll be looking to dish it out on our stars.

And for the love of god - you are not a team that can sit back. Stop doing that. IF you're up by 10 in the 3rd? Ok, maybe then. But up by 3 or even 4? Keep pushing.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834613 is a reply to message #834606 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 08:29

Gonna be in tough for this one. Will need all hands on deck. Hope the couple days off gives McDavid time to heal up whatever is ailing him.

2. McLeod - that high stick and the flub that led to the first goal weren't great, but at least we finally saw a bit of jam out of him. Let's hope for more of that.
3. In only about 10 minute in each of his last 2 games, I thought Carrick was a big positive. Hitting everything that moves, and hitting them hard. I think that can pay dividends in a long series. I'd keep him in ahead of Perry.

We need to go hard at Benn early and often because you know he'll be looking to dish it out on our stars.

And for the love of god - you are not a team that can sit back. Stop doing that. IF you're up by 10 in the 3rd? Ok, maybe then. But up by 3 or even 4? Keep pushing.

If you are up by 10, then go for 11. If I remember correctly, Gretzky said one of the reasons the 80's Oilers were so good was because they never took their foot off the gas and trouncing a team was like blood in the water for a team of sharks.

That timeout call by Knoblauch was crucial. The team reset and went in to PK kill mode, instead of chasing their own tails.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834664 is a reply to message #834606 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 08:29

McDavid’s issue is a CMI, core muscle injury, sustained shortly after the all star break. Likely going to have surgery in offseason.

Rico is a high ankle sprain. Likely not playing Thursday, but will for sure be in by Game 3 back at home.

Carrick has been a big part of that bottom 6. In my humble opinion, I’d sit McLeod when Rico is back in and run Foeg-Rico-Ryan as L3. 4th line has been exactly what you want in a 4th line.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834667 is a reply to message #834664 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 19:28

..McDavid’s issue is a CMI, core muscle injury, sustained shortly after the all star break. Likely going to have surgery in offseason.

Rico is a high ankle sprain. Likely not playing Thursday, but will for sure be in by Game 3 back at home.

Carrick has been a big part of that bottom 6. In my humble opinion, I’d sit McLeod when Rico is back in and run Foeg-Rico-Ryan as L3. 4th line has been exactly what you want in a 4th line.

Yikes.. CMI ?
😬

Amazing he's still dominating out there with a significant injury.. really hope surgery isn't required..

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2024 03:42]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834603 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Gotta implement a strategy that forces the Stars to "play down" to competition...confident we can pull this off though! LFG!

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834605 is a reply to message #834603 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

1 Cup

6:30 Mtn time puck drop? Dang it, I'll be in the air! Our flight doesn't arrive in Edmonton until around 9. Hopefully I'll get to see some of it during our layover in (spits) Calgary.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834616 is a reply to message #834605 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 08:26

6:30 Mtn time puck drop? Dang it, I'll be in the air! Our flight doesn't arrive in Edmonton until around 9. Hopefully I'll get to see some of it during our layover in (spits) Calgary.

You can pay $20ish for the planes wifi services, but if you use SportsNet it will not recognize you being in a time zone and it will not let you watch the game. That being said, the OT Forum has some links to work around that issue.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834624 is a reply to message #834616 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 11:55

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 08:26

You can pay $20ish for the planes wifi services, but if you use SportsNet it will not recognize you being in a time zone and it will not let you watch the game. That being said, the OT Forum has some links to work around that issue.

It should be shown on CBC, so even if your IFE doesn't have live TV, you should be able to catch it on any of your devices.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834617 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Ugh. Dallas. I still have PTSD from the rivalry between our nail and their hammer.

I do have a soft spot for their stupid goal song. I'm sure that'll change soon

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834620 is a reply to message #834617 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 08:59

Ugh. Dallas. I still have PTSD from the rivalry between our nail and their hammer.

Maybe we won't have to hear it?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834621 is a reply to message #834620 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I think the 2 best teams in the West are in the West Finals and probably the 2 best teams in the East.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834627 is a reply to message #834620 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 09:05

Let's see if this team can continue to shut down shots against. I have enough confidence in any one of our goalies, including Campbell when we are only giving perimeter shots and under 20 shots on net per night.

The team defence is wildly underrated. All I hear from people is the Oilers are all offence and cannot commit to D, yet they continually tighten up their game and snuff out scoring chances.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834632 is a reply to message #834620 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 21 May 2024 10:05

I really like the song they play when the away team scores....and let's hope to hear more of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdA6JsvMn0

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834639 is a reply to message #834632 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Let's make this our goal song, then they'll be celebrating every time it happens

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834646 is a reply to message #834639 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

One of my fondest Oil playoff memories is Marchant’s OT series winner vs the Stars in game 7. That being said, I wasn’t looking forward to a reunion of these two teams in the playoffs. We’ll see what happens….

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834626 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Difficulty notches up to another level. It'll be a slower series. Should take less of a pounding by the opposition D which hopefully lets our high end guys get more done 5v5. But the attack coming at our D is going to be more consistent and more skilled. Going to be a verd hard series for our 2nd and 3rd pairs, and I don't think Skinner is going to avoid being tested a lot.

Hope for the best!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834633 is a reply to message #834626 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

2 Cups

Stress is right. This also won’t be an easy series. I think it goes the distance with oilers winning in 7. Dallas is hitting a hot stride and playing some really good hockey. Their goalie is also red hot and playing at a top level. They won’t be easy to knock off. Should be a hell of a series!

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834659 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1792534561219653633/qF686Dhh?format=jpg&name=small

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834660 is a reply to message #834659 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Feeling sneaky confident heading into this series! Also any way we can sign a petition to make both teams wear 90's throwbacks for this series??

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834665 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 21 May 2024 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

TNT will be in Dallas for the NBA Mavericks series, Friday. Think we’ll get a Shaq Hyman meeting 👀

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834675 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Oilers not getting the love from ESPN they were in the first two rounds with 19/24 going with the Stars:

Sean Allen: Stars in six
John Buccigross: Stars in seven
Ryan Callahan: Stars in six
Cassie Campbell-Pascall: Stars in six
Sachin Chandan: Stars in six
Ryan S. Clark: Stars in seven
Linda Cohn: Stars in six
Ray Ferraro: Stars in six
Emily Kaplan: Stars in seven
Tim Kavanagh: Stars in six
Hilary Knight: Stars in six
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Stars in six
Steve Levy: Stars in six
Vince Masi: Oilers in seven
Victoria Matiash: Stars in six
Sean McDonough: Stars in six
Mark Messier: Oilers in seven
AJ Mleczko: Stars in seven
Mike Monaco: Stars in seven
Arda Öcal: Oilers in six
Kristen Shilton: Stars in six
P.K. Subban: Stars in six
Bob Wischusen: Oilers in seven
Greg Wyshynski: Oilers in six

Consensus pick: Stars (19 of 24 picks)

The Moneypuck analytics site has the Oilers with a 51.8% chance of winning:

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

It was actually at 57% yesterday--not sure what caused it to go down. Oilers are still their best pick for the Cup at 29.1%--though it's really close. Rangers are 27.8%, Stars 24.9%, and Panthers 18.2%.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834677 is a reply to message #834675 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

benv wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 11:38

Oilers not getting the love from ESPN they were in the first two rounds with 19/24 going with the Stars:

It was actually at 57% yesterday--not sure what caused it to go down. Oilers are still their best pick for the Cup at 29.1%--though it's really close. Rangers are 27.8%, Stars 24.9%, and Panthers 18.2%.

Subban picking the Stars? Never saw that coming...................

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834678 is a reply to message #834677 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 11:53

benv wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 11:38

Subban picking the Stars? Never saw that coming...................

More fun to be the underdog. Hope our players are seeing this.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834679 is a reply to message #834678 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Lots in the media talk about how the Stars handled the Avs pretty well. When I look at the Avs line up, I don't think it's that good.

They have/had a great first line that they played a ton.

Rantanen - Mackinnon - Nuchuskin - Easily can go toe to toe with any line in the NHL and be considered one of the best.

They have a fantastic Dman in Makar.

After that it drops off a ton.

Lehkonen is a good top 6 forward after that, I think they lack a couple of top 6 forwards. Mittlestad is their second line center, looks like he can do the job but still probably not completely established. Drouin was a project that reestablished himself but only played 3 games. Nichuskin got suspended for drugs. Their goaltending wasn't that great. So I don't see the Avs as a big of a hurdle to get past as some do.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834680 is a reply to message #834679 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 11:32

Lots in the media talk about how the Stars handled the Avs pretty well. When I look at the Avs line up, I don't think it's that good.

They have/had a great first line that they played a ton.

Rantanen - Mackinnon - Nuchuskin - Easily can go toe to toe with any line in the NHL and be considered one of the best.

They have a fantastic Dman in Makar.

After that it drops off a ton.

Lehkonen is a good top 6 forward after that, I think they lack a couple of top 6 forwards. Mittlestad is their second line center, looks like he can do the job but still probably not completely established. Drouin was a project that reestablished himself but only played 3 games. Nichuskin got suspended for drugs. Their goaltending wasn't that great. So I don't see the Avs as a big of a hurdle to get past as some do.

I actually like us against the Stars more than I did the Canucks. Canucks seemed like they were the ideal type of team to exploit our weaknesses. Stars are a more traditional matchup for us. Only worry is their goaltending which can definitely be one of our weaknesses.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834681 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

D and goaltending will make these series. Nurse still makes huge errors in the zone, but he's human. Kulak makes some serious lapses in judgment, even Ekholm tries to make a hit when the hit isn't there and he flies out of position.

Our goaltending is just... okay.

Dallas is way better defensively. The goaltending easily outmatches ours.

That all said, our offense is our bread and butter and if McD and Drai (on separate lines) we might have a shot. A lot of people look at our chances with scoring and we easily beat Dallas.

My head says Stars in 6.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834883 is a reply to message #834681 ]
Fri, 24 May 2024 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 12:56

D and goaltending will make these series. Nurse still makes huge errors in the zone, but he's human. Kulak makes some serious lapses in judgment, even Ekholm tries to make a hit when the hit isn't there and he flies out of position.

Our goaltending is just... okay.

Dallas is way better defensively. The goaltending easily outmatches ours.

That all said, our offense is our bread and butter and if McD and Drai (on separate lines) we might have a shot. A lot of people look at our chances with scoring and we easily beat Dallas.

My head says Stars in 6.

mmmm crow. Tasty.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834682 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Oiler lines at practice this morning (before heading out to Dallas):

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Henrique-Draisaitl-Holloway
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

Good to see Henrique may be close to returning. Hopefully Kane's absence is just maintenance.

Still kind of hoping Gagner gets at least one game these playoffs--although it will probably take a couple injuries for it to happen; so maybe I'm not hoping for it.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834683 is a reply to message #834682 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

benv wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 14:05

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

Good to see Henrique may be close to returning. Hopefully Kane's absence is just maintenance.

Still kind of hoping Gagner gets at least one game these playoffs--although it will probably take a couple injuries for it to happen; so maybe I'm not hoping for it.

What do you think Gagner would bring to the line up other than allow him to play in a playoff game wearing an Oilers jersey? I'm not meaning this to come at you, I am legit asking because I am all about winning and dressing the best guys to allow that to happen.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think dressing Gagner is straight up a sentimental thing for some fans. If they decided for the betterment of the team, that sitting Perry, considering he's got 206 playoff games of experience, a ring, been to the finals a bunch of times, he's big, he can mix it up, be a pest, plays a playoff style of hockey, and they thought their line up was better without, I can't see how Gagner is a better option over anyone else in the line up and I would dress Perry over Gagner.

As you said, I think there would have to be multiple injuries before Gagner got in. When Henrique is ready, one of Brown or Ryan will have to come out. Brown is a way better skater and very good on the PK. Ryan is very good on the PK and good on draws. I don't see how or why Gagner gets in.

I looked it up. To get your name on the cup, you need to have played at least 40 games in the regular season or 1 game in the final. Gagner only played 28 games. Now maybe if the Oilers were up 3-0 in the cup final, they might throw him in for 1 game just so he qualifies because I do think after this season he will retire and move into a player development role with the Oilers. I have read there was a job offer waiting for him. So if that is the case, maybe they throw him a bone so he gets on the cup.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2024 16:31]

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834684 is a reply to message #834683 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 16:25

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

What do you think Gagner would bring to the line up other than allow him to play in a playoff game wearing an Oilers jersey? I'm not meaning this to come at you, I am legit asking because I am all about winning and dressing the best guys to allow that to happen.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think dressing Gagner is straight up a sentimental thing for some fans. If they decided for the betterment of the team, that sitting Perry, considering he's got 206 playoff games of experience, a ring, been to the finals a bunch of times, he's big, he can mix it up, be a pest, plays a playoff style of hockey, and they thought their line up was better without, I can't see how Gagner is a better option over anyone else in the line up and I would dress Perry over Gagner.

As you said, I think there would have to be multiple injuries before Gagner got in. When Henrique is ready, one of Brown or Ryan will have to come out. Brown is a way better skater and very good on the PK. Ryan is very good on the PK and good on draws. I don't see how or why Gagner gets in.

I looked it up. To get your name on the cup, you need to have played at least 40 games in the regular season or 1 game in the final. Gagner only played 28 games. Now maybe if the Oilers were up 3-0 in the cup final, they might throw him in for 1 game just so he qualifies because I do think after this season he will retire and move into a player development role with the Oilers. I have read there was a job offer waiting for him. So if that is the case, maybe they throw him a bone so he gets on the cup.

MacT might have dressed up Gagner as the backup goalie in game 1 of the finals if we made it there.

Funny enough, both Perry and Gagner (x2) scored against dallas in our games against them this season. Gonna be a very different series. Smarts more than speed probably wins the day. Gotta think Perry gets back in. Gags probably if some guys have some weak games and just need a different look in the bottom 6.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834685 is a reply to message #834684 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 16:52

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

MacT might have dressed up Gagner as the backup goalie in game 1 of the finals if we made it there.

Funny enough, both Perry and Gagner (x2) scored against dallas in our games against them this season. Gonna be a very different series. Smarts more than speed probably wins the day. Gotta think Perry gets back in. Gags probably if some guys have some weak games and just need a different look in the bottom 6.

When Henrique comes back, that means one of Ryan or Brown comes out. I don't see Carrick sitting, he was good in game 6 and 7. He brings some physical play, goes to the net, can kill penalties and is a right shot center that is good on draws. So that means you'd have one of Brown/Ryan and Perry available to swap out the bottom 6. I don't see how Gagner gets in over both of those.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834687 is a reply to message #834685 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 16:56

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

When Henrique comes back, that means one of Ryan or Brown comes out. I don't see Carrick sitting, he was good in game 6 and 7. He brings some physical play, goes to the net, can kill penalties and is a right shot center that is good on draws. So that means you'd have one of Brown/Ryan and Perry available to swap out the bottom 6. I don't see how Gagner gets in over both of those.

Not impossible that one of those depth guys, Carrick included, as some rough games. Gotta see what happens. Sometimes helps to toss in a guy in mint condition and full of energy into the lineup, like with Carrick against the Canucks.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834688 is a reply to message #834687 ]
Wed, 22 May 2024 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 17:00

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 22 May 2024 16:56

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Foegele-McLeod-Ryan
Janmark-Carrick-Brown
Gagner-Perry

Kane not on ice.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Desharnais
Kulak-Ceci

Not impossible that one of those depth guys, Carrick included, as some rough games. Gotta see what happens. Sometimes helps to toss in a guy in mint condition and full of energy into the lineup, like with Carrick against the Canucks.

I think it's funny how low a bar people set with physical fourth liners. I mean, what exactly has Carrick brought? He's played in five games, he has one assist, he has ONE shot. He lands a few hits and the Edmonton media guys and some of the parrots around town will say that's a great fourth line game, but really, it's pretty meaningless. The best you can say for him is that he's only -1, so he's not playing like Josh Archibald a couple years ago but all he really gives you is 9-10 meaningless minutes a night.

Sam Gagner had 10 points in 28 games this year, pretty much all at even strength with bottom line linemates. Compare that to Brown (12 pts in 71 games, Janmark (also 12 in 71), Ryan (12 points in 70 games) and it's pretty clear that he adds a different element.

It's not like PK is that hard to sub someone else in, or that Connor Brown is adding an element that the team just can't live without. If anything the bottom six has been disappointing for their inability to produce in the post-season.

I will say, in response to one earlier comment, there is absolutely no world where you keep Connor Brown in over Ryan McLeod. Yes, McLeod's production is weak, and yeah, that was a bad giveaway, but he's tilting the ice at least when he's out there and has a ridiculously low PDO. The on-ice shooting percentage is something like 2% right now while he's out, so some of that is likely to re-balance at some point. Again, a guy who lays a few hits just doesn't have much value other than to eye-test only fans or Spector's 200 hockey men.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #834908 is a reply to message #834688 ]
Fri, 24 May 2024 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

The bench reaction at the end is pretty awesome

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/must-see-----~2928072?playlistI d=950

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #835320 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Thu, 30 May 2024 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GO13OhlXkAARVwc?format=jpg&name=small

Tanev spotted in walking boot this morning.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #835321 is a reply to message #835320 ]
Thu, 30 May 2024 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Just saw that. No crutches and he is putting weight on it. In my uneducated medical opinion my brain goes to deep bone bruise.

Weeks to months of recovery and almost impossible to play through effectively. If he's back for game 5 then I might be able to dance by him on the ice, and he would be getting a slash every opportunity I would get.

Great news and a speedy recovery for the golf course. Tough to turn on a big drive with a bad hoof.

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #835622 is a reply to message #834595 ]
Tue, 04 June 2024 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Quote:

Owen Newkirk
@OwenNewkirk

Joe Pavelski did not officially announce his retirement, but he did say that it was “probably” his last season.

Pavelski was always an Oilers killer...won't be sad to have had the team help him get to retirement.

#FireBobbyNicks

Re: WCF- EDM (PAC 2) vs. DAL (CEN 1) [message #835631 is a reply to message #835622 ]
Tue, 04 June 2024 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 04 June 2024 13:46

Quote:

Owen Newkirk
@OwenNewkirk

Joe Pavelski did not officially announce his retirement, but he did say that it was “probably” his last season.

Pavelski was always an Oilers killer...won't be sad to have had the team help him get to retirement.

We also retired Stevie Y during the '06 run

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #6)
Next Topic:OilFans Bracket Challenge (2024 Playoffs)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca