This day on September 27
Acquired: Dean Hopkins (1985) Sebastien Bisaillon (2006)

Happy Birthday To: Leia, Sedated, Oilfanforever!!

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784698 is a reply to message #784666 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 21:55

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 21:48

How can TO media even continue with Matthew's hype? Will Matthews get to 70 pts? Will he get 28 assists? icon_lol

The "goals are more important" argument seems to be popular now, as if 8 goals cancels out a difference of 43 assists :)

K, let's talk goals.

McDavid has been on the ice for 120 goals for and 49 against

Matthews has been on the ice for 84 goals for and 41 against.

I dunno..which guy would I rather have on my team...

Flip side of that stat is what gives me pause for the playoffs. Oilers without McDavid - 54 GF, 95 GA...the team lives or dies on what the top two guys do. Virtually never have a game won by the depth guys.

Goaltending wasn't good again tonight, so hopefully he keeps scoring 4 points a night...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784699 is a reply to message #784696 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 21:45

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 20:39

g2k wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 20:33

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 20:22

Man Kahun is useless, slow, dopey, out of shape. McD needs someone better on wing.

It’s not just that he currently doesn’t have the chops to be there.

He will never have the chops to be there.

And yet he's been a top 6 winger all season pretty much. Yams has had a tough season but at least he's noticeable and generates possession and scoring opportunities. confused2

I don't blame Kahun for that. I don't even blame Tippett for that. We have five top six forwards. So someone has to play up.

He's probably got close to the best offensive instincts of the rest of them. Jeff Carter would have been a good pickup too for that spot.

I'd move MacLeod up, he PK's really well, is defensively responsible, not going to be a liability with McD, better tools than Kahun, replace MacLeod at center with Haas, move Kahun out. Kahun is burning McD minutes.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784700 is a reply to message #784674 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:11

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:08

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 20:47

He’s an absolute delight to watch. We’re so fortunate.

I still remember lottery draft day.. I'd just finished watching him in the OHL playoffs and realizing he'd be the best player the NHL had seen in a generation.. and my only hope was that the Leafs wouldn't get him.. didn't even bother hanging around for the draft.. went out for a 3 hours bike ride.. came back and cued up TSN to see who won the lottery.. and there is a photo of Daily.. holding an Oiler placard.. I just started laughing.. couldn't believe it..
We are a lucky franchise my friends .. 1st Wayne.. and now Connor.. OH YEAH !!!

I recall being in my garage watching it live on my TV.

I burst out laughing. Then total elation. I was numb. I believe I was even shaking a bit.

I was at my brother-in-laws for dinner...big cheer, and then laughed and laughed and laughed.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireBobbyNicks

Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784701 is a reply to message #784699 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:53

Man Kahun is useless, slow, dopey, out of shape. McD needs someone better on wing.

And yet he's been a top 6 winger all season pretty much. Yams has had a tough season but at least he's noticeable and generates possession and scoring opportunities. confused2

I don't blame Kahun for that. I don't even blame Tippett for that. We have five top six forwards. So someone has to play up.

He's probably got close to the best offensive instincts of the rest of them. Jeff Carter would have been a good pickup too for that spot.

I'd move MacLeod up, he PK's really well, is defensively responsible, not going to be a liability with McD, better tools than Kahun, replace MacLeod at center with Haas, move Kahun out. Kahun is burning McD minutes.

I still want to see him start having SOME nose for the net. Another game with no shots tonight. I think that takes him to 7 games played with only 2 shots on goal. He's deferring when he's out with Chiasson - so can you count on him to shoot when out with McDavid? I think he could be there eventually, but I don't know if he's there yet.

#FireBobbyNicks

Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784702 is a reply to message #784701 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 23:00 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 21:57

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:53

I still want to see him start having SOME nose for the net. Another game with no shots tonight. I think that takes him to 7 games played with only 2 shots on goal. He's deferring when he's out with Chiasson - so can you count on him to shoot when out with McDavid? I think he could be there eventually, but I don't know if he's there yet.

he's playing center right now, focused on being defensively responsible, covering for slow wheelers like Chaisson and Neal, I'm pretty sure if he gets up on the wing with McD he'll be taking more shots knowing he doesn't have to worry about 4 on 2's going back the other way as much. He carries the puck much better than Kahun, the puck dies on Kahun's stick every shift, guy can't carry the puck without coughing it up, McD could use another guy to make plays with.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2021 23:03]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca