This day on September 27
Acquired: Dean Hopkins (1985) Sebastien Bisaillon (2006)

Happy Birthday To: Leia, Sedated, Oilfanforever!!

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Worst Oilers season ticket experiences???
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Worst Oilers season ticket experiences??? [message #815468 is a reply to message #815258 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
onceanoilersfan  is currently offline onceanoilersfan

No Cups

As original poster - I'm pretty open book. I can explain the 2 sets of seats if that's a question mark to my story.

In 2010/2011 - I bought a company that had the two seats as part of the assets. As part of the planning - I talked to the Oilers rep back then and they said once in my personal name as admin for 2 years, I can transfer them to me personally. The way I acquired the company by only acquiring the assets (avoid liabilities) and the the original company was dissolved. Technically they were 21 year Oilers seniority, but I only count them as 12 as that's how long I was admin on account.

When 2013 rolls around - I asked OEG to transfer to my name but they said the rules changed (due to waitlist)- and I couldn't transfer to my personal name as it would bypass wait list.

My wife and I were planning family - we had a picture of what we want like everyone does (to have kids in hockey, swimming, ect). we paid for registry for 2 years - when moved to Rogers place, we added more seats because they were available. I could not anticipate the the personal matters that came up since then. Only question mark is why 6 seats for a family of 5 - it was better for seat selection as 3 seats had less options (that single seat gets you) + you can drop 1 in future if you found it at seat selection.

The only big change was when we were dual-income-no-kids, we sat row 1, when planning to take family, moved all seats to cheapest seats, which we also did few years ago, if it wasn't for COVID, we would've started with kids last year.

Because one set was in a company name and other set was personal - it was challenging to merge. Every year at renewal I asked if I can merge - every year they said without company dissolution paperwork (which I didn't have) - they said no. Ironically - OEG offered to merge it a few weeks ago, after killing the seats in both accounts (not much left to merge).

for 2022 playoffs - I went to 5 playoff games last year with friends - I don't track sales on tickets - I'm sure we came ahead in playoffs but equally sure it did not offset loses over the years to keep the seats.

Either way - I didn't want to sell - lack of time was my issue personally. With lack of time - you set lowest prices as you don't have time to update tickets or watch sales carefully - you just firesale - and I only owned the tickets during lean years for most part. Lean years were not a issue when I went to games, became issue when I was selling games.

I talked to my rep and emailed my rep if possible to go back to registry. My main goal was to keep seniority so that I didn't lose the initial 6-7 years where I went to most games. I didn't even want to sell seats, but wanted seniority preserved for later. I would've been more than okay sitting on sidelines last few years. I just wanted to keep the years seniority so I could come back when ready.

Cheers,
--Adam

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2022 01:37]

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message Worst Oilers season ticket experiences???
By: onceanoilersfan on Sun, 27 November 2022 00:43
Read Message Re: Worst Oilers season ticket experiences???
By: inverno76 on Sun, 27 November 2022 11:31
By: onceanoilersfan on Sun, 27 November 2022 21:32
By: nullterm on Sun, 27 November 2022 23:02
By: onceanoilersfan on Mon, 28 November 2022 00:05
By: JPro on Mon, 28 November 2022 12:46
By: onceanoilersfan on Mon, 28 November 2022 15:47
By: CrusaderPi on Mon, 28 November 2022 17:23
By: Adam on Mon, 12 December 2022 13:57
By: Adam on Tue, 13 December 2022 13:34
By: Babaganoosh2.0 on Tue, 13 December 2022 14:02
By: Skoobz on Thu, 15 December 2022 12:13
By: inverno76 on Thu, 15 December 2022 12:55
By: Adam on Thu, 15 December 2022 16:18
By: onceanoilersfan on Thu, 15 December 2022 16:26
By: Rocksteady on Fri, 09 December 2022 12:37
By: onceanoilersfan on Thu, 15 December 2022 16:01

Previous Topic:GDT: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31)
Next Topic:Puljujarvi Article w/ Finnish Quotes
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca