This day on August 1
Departed: Alex Tidey (1980) Brad Isbister (2005)

Happy Birthday To: Bootyologist, AHF, revshaw, PuckNut, troy, yeggerman, Cooter, oilpride, corkscrew, Hemmer_83, dtikhomirov, isinc11, diggydoc, LeducR2, Buchburger1683

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » EA Sports NHL 14 sim - Blues to win Cup
Switch to flat viewSwitch to nested viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Greatest Goalie of All-Time [message #609237 is a reply to message #609193 ]
Thu, 10 October 2013 09:26
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ginjanna wrote on Wed, 09 October 2013 14:04

I was about to bring up the same thing. I don't think you can have a "Best Goalie of All Time" poll without including Glenn Hall, Terry Sawchuk, and Jacques Plante amoung others.
"Best of the Last Generation," I went with Brodeur.

Well, I could put those guys in...but does anyone actually think they were better goalies than these three? Braver - standing in front of the net with no facial protection is insane - but better? There was no technique to their games and Did they really stand out compared to their peers? Not as many peers makes it a harder comparison maybe, but they didn't put up numbers like these guys did.

Goaltending, to me, has come further than any other position in the game, so it makes it a lot harder to give the guys who played in the 50s and 60s similar comparisons to guys from today. Bobby Orr was dominant any put up numbers that were stunning next to all the defencemen he played with. Was there any goalies you could say the same for?

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireEakins #FireActon #FireSmith #FireBuchberger #FireMoores #Burnitdown #KeepJoey

Send a private message to this user  

Read Message EA Sports NHL 14 sim - Blues to win Cup
By: BleedOil on Thu, 26 September 2013 12:47
Read Message Re: EA Sports NHL 14 sim - Blues to win Cup
By: nullterm on Thu, 26 September 2013 13:52

Previous Topic:Bill Daly: Future Commish?
Next Topic:The New CBA
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2014.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca