This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819371]
Sat, 11 March 2023 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Toronto to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2022-23 Regular Season
Wednesday, March 1, 2023Toronto 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, March 11, 2023Edmonton 4 @ Toronto 7Loss
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/4 Total: 9
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/7 Total: 9

2021-22 Regular Season
Tuesday, December 14, 2021Toronto 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Wednesday, January 5, 2022Edmonton 2 @ Toronto 4Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 0-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 1/2 Total: 3
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/4 Total: 9

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819372 is a reply to message #819371 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oh god, don't tell me Simple Jack gets the start just because this is his former team.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819374 is a reply to message #819372 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 02:45

Oh god, don't tell me Simple Jack gets the start just because this is his former team.

Who needs to win games? Apparently not the Oilers if they actually put him in net.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819378 is a reply to message #819372 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 09:45

Hey, how do you know Campbell will take the net? And to play him versus his old team may be a winning strategy.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819379 is a reply to message #819378 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I’d start Campbell tonight if I’m the coach simply because I’m not at the point where I trust a rookie to start every game for the rest of the season. With little danger of missing the playoffs I want to show jack he’s still valuable to the team and keep skinner fresh for the long term.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819381 is a reply to message #819379 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 09:58

I’d start Campbell tonight if I’m the coach simply because I’m not at the point where I trust a rookie to start every game for the rest of the season. With little danger of missing the playoffs I want to show jack he’s still valuable to the team and keep skinner fresh for the long term.

He's started 2 straight games, not 10. Idiot coach or idiot management can't accept they made a mistake with that signing. Will make games harder to win just to try to justify it.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819383 is a reply to message #819381 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 11:05

He's started 2 straight games, not 10. Idiot coach or idiot management can't accept they made a mistake with that signing. Will make games harder to win just to try to justify it.

You can't play Skinner in all the games the rest of the way. We need to keep him somewhat fresh for playoffs.

If you look at almost all the good teams this year, they are splitting starts. Starter might get 60% of them at most. Ullmark's been great but he's played in 39 games to Swayman's 27. And Skinner's got 38 starts already. His biggest pro workload ever was last year when he played in 53 games including playoffs. I do think that you have to be conscious of that.

If they can't rely on Campbell, then you have to call up #3 and replace him, but that's an extreme move at this point, so instead I think you have to give him some more games right until the playoffs - at which point the net is all Skinner's.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819455 is a reply to message #819383 ]
Sun, 12 March 2023 00:23 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 13:46

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 11 March 2023 11:05

You can't play Skinner in all the games the rest of the way. We need to keep him somewhat fresh for playoffs.

If you look at almost all the good teams this year, they are splitting starts. Starter might get 60% of them at most. Ullmark's been great but he's played in 39 games to Swayman's 27. And Skinner's got 38 starts already. His biggest pro workload ever was last year when he played in 53 games including playoffs. I do think that you have to be conscious of that.

If they can't rely on Campbell, then you have to call up #3 and replace him, but that's an extreme move at this point, so instead I think you have to give him some more games right until the playoffs - at which point the net is all Skinner's.

Goalie are weird. I don't mean that as a pejorative, I mean they're like drummers or left handed relief pitchers, it takes a different mindset to be one. Personally I don't think a goalie should have any trouble playing every night or every other night, but the stats and the eye test shows they do. That's the reality of goaltending. They're weird and require a special handling.

The Oilers have suffered for years with ineffective goaltenders and they always do the same damn stupid thing. They find someone who works in the short term and ride him until they're six feet underground. Contrary to our amusing Oilfans meme, not every game is a must win. Truthfully only 45 games have to be won and it doesn't particularly matter which 45 they are. So while fans can be forgiven for looking at every game individually the organization cannot. They have to be smarter than us dummies in the cheap seats. Taking a lesser chance to win a random game against an eastern conference team is worth it if it improves the Oilers chance against the Kraken and Stars next week makes sense.

Sadly the Oilers are not a smart organization and I'm starting to question Woodcroft. Riding a rookie goaltender for a full road trip that ends on the Toronto HNIC slot? It's dumb. I do wonder how these goaltending decisions are made. I somehow doubt it's just Woodcroft since we've seen this pattern repeat over and over again. Now the question is what do the Oilers do now? They clearly don't trust Campbell. Can they trust Skinner? Do you? What about for the next 15 games and when the pressure really ramps up in the playoffs.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819376 is a reply to message #819371 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Full Must ahead

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819380 is a reply to message #819376 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Leafs back for another ass whoopin I see.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67) [message #819387 is a reply to message #819371 ]
Sat, 11 March 2023 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Wow, didn't realize that the record vs. the Leafs since McDavid got here was so bad. I know a lot of that was the Canadian Division, but still.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #67)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca