This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » 2022-23 Trade Speculation ThreadPages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818521 is a reply to message #818519 ]
Fri, 24 February 2023 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 24 February 2023 19:36

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Fri, 24 February 2023 16:41

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 23 February 2023 13:03

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Thu, 23 February 2023 12:49

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 23 February 2023 12:34

nullterm wrote on Thu, 23 February 2023 10:38

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 23 February 2023 09:07

The Oilers could use Kane if it does actually happen.

These are the Oilers players available today as per Stauffer.
Leon - McD-Ryan
Hyman - NUGE - Yamo
Foegele - McLeod - JP
Kostin - Shore - Janmark.

Now I am not sure if they got 11-7.

Once E. Kane is back, he takes over for probably Ryan. But with both JP and Yamo not really emerging as top 6 guys, they could use another one.

We largely had this for most of the season and it wasn't enough.

My first preference would be upgrading the backend with a top 4 (if not 2!) Dman. But barring that, adding P Kane would be the next option. And then hope and pray whatever team we face that we can simply outscore their defence and goalie. We are NOT a team that can score 1 or 2 and then shut down the other team and ride out a win.

I’d argue adding Karlsson, not at the expense of losing Bouchard, would give this d a sizeable difference. If Ceci isn’t relied upon as your RD1, but rather your RD2/3 you’re winning already. Rolling Nurse/Karlsson-Kulak/Ceci-Broberg/Bouch/Vin is considerably better than what we have going now. Nothing against Barrie, I like Barrie, he’s performed (offensively) very well for this team.

I think Domi is much more attainable than Kane. If they change course to Domi and Lafferty, with Chicago retaining on Domi while sending Yamo and whatever required pick, the forward group is in a much better place also.

Just curious. I have read that Bouchard almost seems to be untouchable in a lot of peoples reasoning. What is the reasoning for this? Seems to me anyone whos name doesn't start with McD or Dra should be on the table.

If you're going to give up a NHL calibre defensemen on cheap contracts who seemed poised to make a jump in play at the very time you need cheap players to make a jump in play the return better be worth it.

I wouldn't say Bouchard and Broberg are untouchable I just think sending them away should be carefully contemplated and be backed by well reasoned decision making. I don't think the current Oilers management is capable of careful contemplated or well reasoned decision making.

But if these were solid NHL dmen we wouldn't be looking for a solid bonafide dman. Bouchard's season has been a regression not a breakout. If he gets SJ to retain enough to make it work I say do it. Our window is now. If we are going to Ron Jeremy this Smurfette we need to ram it in hard and worry about the consequenses later.

Ron was on the verge of serving 300 years in prison, but was “saved” by dementia from being sentenced (possibly much worse sentence). What was that about consequences?
Dont know where I was but I heard nothing of this. I thought he was still cool cause people were comaring Matthews to him. My mistake. I maintain my sentiments though. We still need to John Holmes this perverbial thing.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2023 02:17]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818477 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Thu, 23 February 2023 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Welp. It appears Kane is heading to the Rangers

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818528 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

FWIW, Karlsson is the main target. Options being explored in length.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818567 is a reply to message #818528 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 25 February 2023 09:09

EK65 would sure fill a big hole on D.. but I'm worried about what it will cost and if it kills future Cup runs..
But then.. how do you not try to take advantage of McDavid in the middle of a career best year.. can't assume that is always going to be there just sitting in your lap.. waiting until you finally get all your prospects contributing at an NHL level.. interesting choices to be made..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818571 is a reply to message #818567 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 15:26

EK65 would sure fill a big hole on D.. but I'm worried about what it will cost and if it kills future Cup runs..
But then.. how do you not try to take advantage of McDavid in the middle of a career best year.. can't assume that is always going to be there just sitting in your lap.. waiting until you finally get all your prospects contributing at an NHL level.. interesting choices to be made..

Judging by what Grier just received for Meier… despite knowing the length of Karlsson’s contract… if this doesn’t happen it’s a shame. There’s certainly enough voices in the room telling Ken to ‘go for it’

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818575 is a reply to message #818567 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 16:26

but I'm worried about what it will cost and if it kills future Cup runs..

Screw future cup runs. They have already killed what should have been cup runs for the last few years and this one as it stands right now.
It is extremely rare to be gifted a player like McDavid. To have a sidekick like Drai should be an easy jump to guaranteed playoff contender by default.
To not go all in EVERY SINGLE YEAR is a fault of this club and has been for a few years now. If an opportunity presents itself to make the team better they should take it every single time.
If a star player can be acquired without giving up a pile from the current roster you do it.

The only clubs that need to stock draft picks are terrible ones. Teams with 2 elite players, one of which is the best offensive player the league has seen in 25 years, means you do everything you can to win now.

I dont care if they dont have a single draft pick for the next three years, this team needs to win now.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818560 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

From @OilerAlert. A quote from Brad Holland

“You’re looking to add the best piece you can,” [Brad] Holland says. “If there’s a big name out there — I’ll be honest — my gut is (to go for) the big move. That’s what I like. But that’s been tempered a little bit by Ken [Holland] because he’s seen it go south before.”

So dad is scared of making a bad move. $5M well spent again for him this season

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818561 is a reply to message #818560 ]
Sat, 25 February 2023 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 25 February 2023 18:43

From @OilerAlert. A quote from Brad Holland

“You’re looking to add the best piece you can,” [Brad] Holland says. “If there’s a big name out there — I’ll be honest — my gut is (to go for) the big move. That’s what I like. But that’s been tempered a little bit by Ken [Holland] because he’s seen it go south before.”

So dad is scared of making a bad move. $5M well spent again for him this season

Yeah this is very frustrating because how do we win when we have to pay Draisaitl his new deal? I’m sure it’s going to be close to McDavid money. Then with Nurse and his 9.25.. our window is these 2 years.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818573 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Holland considering moving 1st round picks to try to boost the team for a playoff run, with McDavid having the best season since Prime Lemieux and the team looking like it'll be all healthy for playoffs...

https://media.tenor.com/8nFCYZDzsRUAAAAM/captain-america-marvel.gif

$20M will be the overall salary paid to Holland, for the last 4 years, to build up to this moment of sitting on his hands like a scared little B if he doesn't make a big move, a year away from Drai having to think hard about extending.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2023 19:51]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818577 is a reply to message #818573 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 19:49

Holland considering moving 1st round picks to try to boost the team for a playoff run, with McDavid having the best season since Prime Lemieux and the team looking like it'll be all healthy for playoffs...

$20M will be the overall salary paid to Holland, for the last 4 years, to build up to this moment of sitting on his hands like a scared little B if he doesn't make a big move, a year away from Drai having to think hard about extending.

They’re out on Kane. He’s said he’ll only move to NY. They won’t do Karlsson b/c Holland is an idiot. They view Chychrun as Ho-hum.

They’ve now watched their bottom 6 energy target go bc Nashville didn’t want to take JP or Yamamoto.

We’ve seen not just the Eastern Conference arms race continue, but the Jets yesterday, VGK and Dallas made moves today, oh and Colorado brought back Jack Johnson.

Yet here we are. Waiting for the price of Gavrikov (puke) to come down b/c Ken Holland is so gosh darn stubborn and set in his 1990’s managerial ways that a cap throws him into a tizzy and he doesn’t have a creative bone in his body. The synapsis stopped firing long ago.

Can’t wait for the Friday afternoon press conference of ‘Evander Kane is our deadline acquisition’.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818579 is a reply to message #818577 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Karlsson is going somewhere and won’t be the Oilers/Holland. I have the popcorn machine loaded and waiting because Oilers twitter is gonna explode when it happens.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818585 is a reply to message #818577 ]
Sun, 26 February 2023 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 20:15

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 26 February 2023 19:49

They’re out on Kane. He’s said he’ll only move to NY. They won’t do Karlsson b/c Holland is an idiot. They view Chychrun as Ho-hum.

They’ve now watched their bottom 6 energy target go bc Nashville didn’t want to take JP or Yamamoto.

We’ve seen not just the Eastern Conference arms race continue, but the Jets yesterday, VGK and Dallas made moves today, oh and Colorado brought back Jack Johnson.

Yet here we are. Waiting for the price of Gavrikov (puke) to come down b/c Ken Holland is so gosh darn stubborn and set in his 1990’s managerial ways that a cap throws him into a tizzy and he doesn’t have a creative bone in his body. The synapsis stopped firing long ago.

Can’t wait for the Friday afternoon press conference of ‘Evander Kane is our deadline acquisition’.

They can keep Gavrikov.. no more useless trades just to show you made a move.. like Mike Green.. AA.. Jarred Smithson.. either a step change in team improvement or forget it.. we'll probably get Klingberg for too much.. :(

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2023 23:44]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818590 is a reply to message #818577 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Burgeoboy  is currently offline Burgeoboy

No Cups

I hope the reason they missed out on him, isn't that Nashville didn't want JP, but because Ken wasn't willing to pay what Tampa did, I'd love to see the reaction here if ken made that deal...

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818589 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Dreger reporting the Oilers and Preds are discussing Ekholm. Just confirmed, it’s one of ‘many’ talks Holland is involved in

*add* several in Ken’s staff are still urging Karlsson as the number 1 target

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2023 09:40]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818591 is a reply to message #818589 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 09:25

Dreger reporting the Oilers and Preds are discussing Ekholm. Just confirmed, it’s one of ‘many’ talks Holland is involved in

*add* several in Ken’s staff are still urging Karlsson as the number 1 target

Is this thing of defensemen being signed to long term deals being made available at the deadline a new trend that I missed?

I think Ekhom solves more problems and creates fewer than Karlsson. I'd still rather have Chychrun.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818592 is a reply to message #818591 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I want to know what is wrong with Chychurn.

Tampa just gave up a 6-7, right shot, defensive dman. Plus 5 draft picks, 2 of which, the 1st and second should probably end up being an NHL player for a guy who has 5 goals. Now he did score 24 last year but I think that was a fluke. He's probably a 3rd/4th liner. Maybe he's their future replacement for Maroon. Regardless, that's a hell of a lot of a guy who has 5 goals.

So what is wrong with Chychrun because if he's this stud, healthy, difference making dman, I don't get why someone hasn't gave up the assets to get him.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818593 is a reply to message #818592 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 10:24

Tampa just gave up a 6-7, right shot, defensive dman. Plus 5 draft picks, 2 of which, the 1st and second should probably end up being an NHL player for a guy who has 5 goals. Now he did score 24 last year but I think that was a fluke. He's probably a 3rd/4th liner. Maybe he's their future replacement for Maroon. Regardless, that's a hell of a lot of a guy who has 5 goals.

So what is wrong with Chychrun because if he's this stud, healthy, difference making dman, I don't get why someone hasn't gave up the assets to get him.

My guess is the contract and draft strategy. Arizona doesn't need to give him up now, so they can wait for the market to come to them. They don't want late round picks or spare parts to make the trade look better, but not provide any value. I actually don't think they can take late round picks over the next three years. They have too many second rounders and probably can't fit extra bodies in their system or player contracts.

So it's first round picks or bust.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818594 is a reply to message #818593 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 10:34

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 10:24

My guess is the contract and draft strategy. Arizona doesn't need to give him up now, so they can wait for the market to come to them. They don't want late round picks or spare parts to make the trade look better, but not provide any value. I actually don't think they can take late round picks over the next three years. They have too many second rounders and probably can't fit extra bodies in their system or player contracts.

So it's first round picks or bust.

I totally get all of that. But if he is the stud top 4, maybe top pairing dman that many in the Oilers fans base make him out to be, 4.6 mill is almost nothing. Even if he's just a second pairing guy, that's not a lot of money. So I don't believe the contract has to do with it.

Same with the picks. If the ask is what they say and it's 2 1st's or a first and the equivalent prospect to a first and in return you are getting what I said above, it's a no brainer. Forget the Oilers, why isn't someone else stepping up? Ottawa as an example. They have a TON of really, really good forwards but their defense sucks. Plug in Chychurn you have Chabot then Chychrun, that's a hell of a 1-2 punch. What are the Ducks doing? They have some nice young forwards, they have a goalie who seems like he is on hiw own most nights but their defense is terrible.

Something isn't adding up to me with the guy.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818596 is a reply to message #818594 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 10:42

I totally get all of that. But if he is the stud top 4, maybe top pairing dman that many in the Oilers fans base make him out to be, 4.6 mill is almost nothing. Even if he's just a second pairing guy, that's not a lot of money. So I don't believe the contract has to do with it.

Same with the picks. If the ask is what they say and it's 2 1st's or a first and the equivalent prospect to a first and in return you are getting what I said above, it's a no brainer. Forget the Oilers, why isn't someone else stepping up? Ottawa as an example. They have a TON of really, really good forwards but their defense sucks. Plug in Chychurn you have Chabot then Chychrun, that's a hell of a 1-2 punch. What are the Ducks doing? They have some nice young forwards, they have a goalie who seems like he is on hiw own most nights but their defense is terrible.

You're kind of putting the cart before the horse there. Remember, Arizona doesn't have to move him. This isn't an expiring asset. Yes, he wants out but the Coyotes are ultimately who controls the process. Lack of movement doesn't show lack of value. If anything the unwillingness to move pull the trigger on a trade, despite apparent interest, shows how much value he holds.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818599 is a reply to message #818596 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 11:01

You're kind of putting the cart before the horse there. Remember, Arizona doesn't have to move him. This isn't an expiring asset. Yes, he wants out but the Coyotes are ultimately who controls the process. Lack of movement doesn't show lack of value. If anything the unwillingness to move pull the trigger on a trade, despite apparent interest, shows how much value he holds.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough I guess. I'll try again once more then give up.

Yotes have an asset in Chychrun. They have set the price and if what is being reported is true, the main value the Yotes see him as being worth is 2 firsts or first equivalent. This seems to be the common concensus.

According to many who cover the NHL who aren't working for an NHL team (bloggers, media, fans) Chychrun is seen as a very good top 4 dman. He defends well, scores, moves the puck well, skates well. The cherry on the top is he's signed for 2 more years at a reasonable contract. Every time I go on social media and look up trade stuff, this is the what comes back about Chychrun. Over and over again. He's supposedly that good.

So I understand what you are saying. Yotes set the high price for him because he supposedly does all these great things and he's signed to a value deal. They aren't under pressure to trade him so they can wait to get their price. I completely understand that. You don't need to explain to me again, I understood it the first time. But as I have said and this is what makes me wonder about him. If everything all the bloggers and stats people and fans and media say is true and Chychrun is that good and there are no red flags with him or no hidden stuff, it does not make any sense to me why some team hasn't traded for Chychrun and paid the price the Yotes want. If he is good as everyone says he is, it's worth it. He's only 24. So if he is as good as people say, what you will get out of him for the next for at least 5 yrs, probably more will probably be more than what you may get from 2 firsts. Top 4, do it all, big minute playing dmen are GOLD.

I get it, teams want to try to get the price down. So they have waited. He's been on the block for 2 yrs now and they waited. So we are nearing the end of the deadline. They waited, doesn't appear the price is dropping. The Yotes don't have to trade him so the price probably won't come down in 5 days. If he's as good as he supposedly is, why hasn't a team said "Well we tried to wait them out, he's amazing here's your 2 firsts. Thank you. Cup here we come." That isn't happening.

So I wonder what is up because it doesn't add up to me.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818603 is a reply to message #818599 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 11:29

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 11:01

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough I guess. I'll try again once more then give up.

Yotes have an asset in Chychrun. They have set the price and if what is being reported is true, the main value the Yotes see him as being worth is 2 firsts or first equivalent. This seems to be the common concensus.

According to many who cover the NHL who aren't working for an NHL team (bloggers, media, fans) Chychrun is seen as a very good top 4 dman. He defends well, scores, moves the puck well, skates well. The cherry on the top is he's signed for 2 more years at a reasonable contract. Every time I go on social media and look up trade stuff, this is the what comes back about Chychrun. Over and over again. He's supposedly that good.

So I understand what you are saying. Yotes set the high price for him because he supposedly does all these great things and he's signed to a value deal. They aren't under pressure to trade him so they can wait to get their price. I completely understand that. You don't need to explain to me again, I understood it the first time. But as I have said and this is what makes me wonder about him. If everything all the bloggers and stats people and fans and media say is true and Chychrun is that good and there are no red flags with him or no hidden stuff, it does not make any sense to me why some team hasn't traded for Chychrun and paid the price the Yotes want. If he is good as everyone says he is, it's worth it. He's only 24. So if he is as good as people say, what you will get out of him for the next for at least 5 yrs, probably more will probably be more than what you may get from 2 firsts. Top 4, do it all, big minute playing dmen are GOLD.

I get it, teams want to try to get the price down. So they have waited. He's been on the block for 2 yrs now and they waited. So we are nearing the end of the deadline. They waited, doesn't appear the price is dropping. The Yotes don't have to trade him so the price probably won't come down in 5 days. If he's as good as he supposedly is, why hasn't a team said "Well we tried to wait them out, he's amazing here's your 2 firsts. Thank you. Cup here we come." That isn't happening.

So I wonder what is up because it doesn't add up to me.

Imagine the biggest hangup is the quality of prospect the Yotes want back. Seems like it has to be a very good prospect, like Broberg, and in the case of LA, Brandt Clarke, who it seemed like they were considering, but got cold feet.

So essentially the Yotes want a guy that actually has a shot to replace Chychrun, plus picks, which makes it all more difficult to find a team to bite on. And in general right now, barely any team that wants to add a Chychrun has the cap space. Tampa just paid out the nose for a 3rd line grinder partly because his contract is 800k, and they had to give up a D they've been developing to make the money even. It probably would be wise to wait until summer for a better shot to get what they want.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818604 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Kenneth better be going ALL-IN ... All of these trades going on around us, and we just sit here waiting for someone to scoop us. If Holland is worried about losing assets, he can have comfort knowing we get a huge windfall in return when we are forced to trade McDavid and Draisaitl.

If Holland cannot figure out to maneuver the cap, then bring in Brad. Sometimes I have to program my parent's TV remote for them. Adapting to change can be difficult.

Ekholm, Karlsson, hell even Domi or Bjugstad, etc. Something big has to drop to justify the wait.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818607 is a reply to message #818604 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Here's the thing, if you can prove you're a consistent cup contender, free agents will want to sign here. Then you bargain for discounts and you don't NEED your draft picks. Look at Pittsburgh's draft history from the past 15 years.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818608 is a reply to message #818607 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 15:10

Here's the thing, if you can prove you're a consistent cup contender, free agents will want to sign here. Then you bargain for discounts and you don't NEED your draft picks. Look at Pittsburgh's draft history from the past 15 years.

What if you spend 25 years proving you're a poorly managed team run by a never ending cadre of the timid or incompetent?

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818609 is a reply to message #818608 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 15:17

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 15:10

What if you spend 25 years proving you're a poorly managed team run by a never ending cadre of the timid or incompetent?

Then you have to make trades for guys with term. Lol

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818627 is a reply to message #818609 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Lots of demand for Holland to pull a trigger.

But what of value are you willing to give up? Nuge? Hyman? Broberg?

Any seller out there is gonna want a player with potential to turn into something for the next 5+ seasons.

We don’t have a lot players we could move that aren’t already contributing to what we have going.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2023 20:06]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818628 is a reply to message #818627 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 21:04

Any seller out there is gonna want a player with potential to turn into something for the next 5+ seasons.

We don’t have a lot players we could move that aren’t already contributing to what we have going.

I dont think that is true. Looking at the other trades, lots of good players go to contenders without giving up key roster players.
If you want to deal like the big boys have it comes down to willingness to part with future picks and non-roster prospects. There are some deals with roster players but it isn't the NHL ready prospects or key pieces that are leaving town.

The Oilers chips have to be draft picks and guys like Bourgault, Schaefer, or any other guy with value not playing on the Oilers.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818629 is a reply to message #818627 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 19:04

We are demanding that he sells the farm while he has a player who can hit 150 points and 65 goals. It won’t get easier than this. Especially while the west is so much weaker than the east. The conference is there for the taking.

I’m cool dealing Broberg if it immediately improves the team. Broberg could be a great defenseman, but he could also be Martin Marincin.

Bourgault, Schaefer, Broberg, any 1st round pick, even Holloway would be my chips on the table for a significant player who will move the needle. They will have to trade Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Foegele/Barrie to even up salary. As long as the player coming back is significant, you do what you can to make it work.

Clean house or bust

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818646 is a reply to message #818629 ]
Mon, 27 February 2023 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 20:28

We are demanding that he sells the farm while he has a player who can hit 150 points and 65 goals. It won’t get easier than this. Especially while the west is so much weaker than the east. The conference is there for the taking.

I’m cool dealing Broberg if it immediately improves the team. Broberg could be a great defenseman, but he could also be Martin Marincin.

Bourgault, Schaefer, Broberg, any 1st round pick, even Holloway would be my chips on the table for a significant player who will move the needle. They will have to trade Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Foegele/Barrie to even up salary. As long as the player coming back is significant, you do what you can to make it work.

I’m with you, we have this year and the next two years to win before Draisaitl is getting a massive payday. Win now!

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818656 is a reply to message #818629 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 27 February 2023 20:28

Of the group you listed, I would only take Broberg out of the equation. Teams need guys on ELC's to play at a high level. Broberg right now is proving at worst he's a very good #5 dman making under 900K. That has tremdous value and something any team in a cup win needs. The rest of them are ifs and maybes with Bourgault being proably 1-2 yrs from making the team, Schaefer, add 2-3 yrs min.

My question for the Oilers would be, if cap space is an issue for a trade, let's say Chychrun. Start waiving guys. You can waive a guy and if no one takes him, you are still allowed to play him. Waive JP or Yamo. I am not sure someone takes JP but I bet they take Yamo. The Blues picked up Kapanen who's got another year at 3.2. I bet someone would take Yamo. For whatever reason they seem to like Yamo more than JP but I am sorry, to me he's no different than JP. 2 guys making 3 mill, doing some "little things" fine but not producing. Yamo needed to bury that chance last night, that has to be a goal and McD even mentioned that in his presser. McD is in my opinion finally setting the standard that it's winning or nothing. Just giving it the old college try is no longer enough. That had to be a goal so move Yamo along.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818662 is a reply to message #818656 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

JP going to the Canes. I don't care what they get, had to happen.

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818664 is a reply to message #818662 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

https://bleacherreport.com/post/edmonton-oilers/5d366eb8-25a 8-4a31-a242-0a3b0dc8cc7a

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818678 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

This came out today..
There were some potential Oiler trade strategies talked about which included trading for guys currently on LTIR with the hopes they "recover" after the regular season, and be eligible for the playoffs.. guys like Nyquist in Detroit.. The NHL (Daily) seems to be warning anyone contemplating the idea.. unless you are Tampa or NYR of course..

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/16305879579994644 48?cxt=HHwWgMCzufnGgaEtAAAA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818691 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

What about Povorov in Phillie?
2 more years at $6.75M
B. Lawton on Stauffer said Povorov was being shopped..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818692 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Stauffer just said that he's staying on in the studio after the show today for an hour or so.. "just in case" there is a development to rpeort.. hmmm.. 🤔

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818693 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Wow the Leafs just traded Sandin to the Caps for a 1st and Gustafsson
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1630672243800911874

That feels like a Chychrun precursor move for TO, and a great pickup by the Caps

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818694 is a reply to message #815007 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Everyone ready? Jakob Chychrun 🔥

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818695 is a reply to message #818694 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 28 February 2023 14:04

Wave Towel

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818697 is a reply to message #818694 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 28 February 2023 13:04

Plus Bjugstad? :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818698 is a reply to message #818694 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 28 February 2023 14:04

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8miYQYfpol1qU/giphy.gif

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: 2022-23 Trade Speculation Thread [message #818699 is a reply to message #818698 ]
Tue, 28 February 2023 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I don't want to be hurt again

Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Staios as GM???
Next Topic:Puljujarvi's Extension
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca