This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814234]
Sat, 19 November 2022 20:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814235 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

OilFans wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 19:05

Bouchard gives up 2 Deluxe Domino pizzas in a row on one shift for grade A chances on Skinner.. guy is absolutely horrible.. dumb as a stump.

Refs trying to decide the game again.. 2 weak calls on Edm.. the one on Holloway was laughable.

HOW IS THAT NOT A GOALIE INTERFERENCE ON SKINNER BY CARRIER ?? THEY CALL THAT EVERY F'N TIME .. Fix is in folks.. this isn't incompetence this is intent.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2022 20:33]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814236 is a reply to message #814235 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Weirdest goal ever.

Vegas lucky to have this tied

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814237 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

That Holloway doesn’t belong on NHL ice at this point can not be said too many times.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814238 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

So far Janmark looks like he knows what he's doing out there.. has some pace, retrieves pucks.. good compliment with Hyman.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814239 is a reply to message #814238 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

That was a penalty shot ??? Wow

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814240 is a reply to message #814238 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

LOL... not a lot of chatter on here tonight. That's pretty typical when we all see some sort of doom approaching for this team.

#AvertYourEyes

And just as I'm typing this, we give up a penalty shot goal. This team... WTH. Come on guys.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814241 is a reply to message #814240 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:16

LOL... not a lot of chatter on here tonight. That's pretty typical when we all see some sort of doom approaching for this team.

#AvertYourEyes

And just as I'm typing this, we give up a penalty shot goal. This team... WTH. Come on guys.

- Sat night game
- team playing hockey with zero emotion, drive and thus entertainment,
- lots of posters here with terrible hockey takes lately.

That last one, for me personally, is the reason for less engagement. I lurk and read but tend to keep my responses to myself more often. Whether it's bias, low hockey IQ, taking opinions from bad hockey media, or all he ablove, some of the drivel on here lately is unbelievable.
This used to be home to the smartest hockey fans in the league. Now, the dumbest people contribute the most it seems.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814243 is a reply to message #814241 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Everyone relax

The game is tied and we are playing two teams. The refs and Knights. Oilers playing a good game.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814264 is a reply to message #814241 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 21:25

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:16

#AvertYourEyes

- Sat night game
- team playing hockey with zero emotion, drive and thus entertainment,

That last one, for me personally, is the reason for less engagement. I lurk and read but tend to keep my responses to myself more often. Whether it's bias, low hockey IQ, taking opinions from bad hockey media, or all he ablove, some of the drivel on here lately is unbelievable.
This used to be home to the smartest hockey fans in the league. Now, the dumbest people contribute the most it seems.

Ouch, but it’s hard to disagree with you. From burying Campbell in to the minors to the utter disdain on Nurse has had me from everyday reader to checking in once in awhile. Feels like a cross between HFboards and Twitter at times.

I enjoyed tonight’s game though. Skinner was solid again, Ref’s were bad again and McDavid was McDavid again. All is right with the world.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814288 is a reply to message #814241 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Sorry - I'll try to post more! I've been busy!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814291 is a reply to message #814288 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 19:23 Go to previous message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 20 November 2022 19:02

Sorry - I'll try to post more! I've been busy!

I would appreciate it. Priorities man!

I don't always agree with you but I like that your posts are thoughtful and contain knowledgeable opinions, even if they don't line up with mine.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814242 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Nurse is the worst defenceman in the league...

What a pass!

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814247 is a reply to message #814242 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 20 November 2022 04:26

What a pass!

Agreed

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814252 is a reply to message #814242 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 20:26

What a pass!

Bouchard has him beat by a mile.. another dopey asleep-at-the-wheel moment for Bouchard that Ceci bails him out of.. can't believe how he's regressed.. worse than he was as a rookie.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814253 is a reply to message #814252 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 23:15

What a pass!

Bouchard has him beat by a mile.

Bouchard has been the teams best defenceman most nights. Tonight isn't one of those nights.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814257 is a reply to message #814253 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 21:16

What a pass!

Bouchard has been the teams best defenceman most nights. Tonight isn't one of those nights.

Watch him try to get a puck from someone along the boards in his own end.. he's useless.. he's either falling down or letting the guy go for a grand tour.. weak as a kitten.

I can't believe the turnovers tonight by everyone.. absolutely mind blowing.

Skinner is keeping this game close.. should be 6-3 by now..

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2022 22:26]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814258 is a reply to message #814257 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 23:24

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 21:16

What a pass!

Watch him try to get a puck from someone along the boards in his own end.. he's useless.. he's either falling down or letting the guy go for a grand tour.. weak as a kitten.

Watch his positional play, angle work and gap control. Watch his transition skating and edge work on rotating to cut down passing angles.

I will agree to disagree.
Your dislike for him and affinity to pizza references is well documented.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814287 is a reply to message #814253 ]
Sun, 20 November 2022 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:16

What a pass!

Yeah, the young defenceman hate has migrated full-time to Bouchard it seems. Definitely some questionable takes lately from people who only see the bad things.

I will say, I did hate all the shot blocks on Wednesday against the Kings - thought he was forcing it - but to say he's terrible? Man...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814244 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

The 5 man contributions defensively that we started doing last year is still just gone. Was our entire team defense anchored by Keith? Or are guys just not doing what they should.

Nice that was still have McDrai. Always have a shot no matter how weak defensively we are.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814245 is a reply to message #814244 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:29

The 5 man contributions defensively that we started doing last year is still just gone. Was our entire team defense anchored by Keith? Or are guys just not doing what they should.

Nice that was still have McDrai. Always have a shot no matter how weak defensively we are.

I think our forwards as a group have been VERY weak defensively. On transition and when the other team is set up deep they seem uninterested.
On breakouts there is a lot of bad hockey going on from the group as well. Many times when the team is trapped it is a result of the forwards not doing the right things. If the first pass isn't tape to tape, in stride, as they exit the blue line it tends to right back over to the other team. It seems trendy to blame the D for every D-zone give away but I would estimate that 50% or more are the fault of the forwards.
The defense as a group has not been great this year but overall I think they have been pretty good tonight. This will never be an elite unit but just being average should give the team a shot given your last point.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814246 is a reply to message #814245 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 21:36

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:29

I think our forwards as a group have been VERY weak defensively. On transition and when the other team is set up deep they seem uninterested.
On breakouts there is a lot of bad hockey going on from the group as well. Many times when the team is trapped it is a result of the forwards not doing the right things. If the first pass isn't tape to tape, in stride, as they exit the blue line it tends to right back over to the other team. It seems trendy to blame the D for every D-zone give away but I would estimate that 50% or more are the fault of the forwards.
The defense as a group has not been great this year but overall I think they have been pretty good tonight. This will never be an elite unit but just being average should give the team a shot given your last point.

I think that was the big change last year, the forwards helping more and not always cheating for the exit or a stretch pass. Actually grinding and helping in the D zone and making good plays to get the transition going with numbers. Not sure where that went. I gave Woody the credit for the change, but maybe it was more just a matter of effort that they weren't giving Tippett and the coach change sparked them? I'd like to think better of this team though

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814248 is a reply to message #814246 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Shots in net was one of our best performance of the year. We battled the refs too. It was a solid two periods guys. We shut them down for the most part…. It’s anyone’s game right now. If we played like this I’m not too concerned actually. The first goal was some weird ass fluke goal. Skinner has been awesome.

We got this in the third

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814249 is a reply to message #814248 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

tardigrade81 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2022 22:58

Shots in net was one of our best performance of the year. We battled the refs too. It was a solid two periods guys. We shut them down for the most part…. It’s anyone’s game right now. If we played like this I’m not too concerned actually. The first goal was some weird ass fluke goal. Skinner has been awesome.

We got this in the third

For sure.
The talk for this team will often be about defense or lack thereof but this hasnt been a bad game defensively.
One goal on a super odd bounce on and one on a penalty shot. Skinner has been good, made the saves he had to, but seems to have had less top end chances where he had to bail the team out.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814250 is a reply to message #814249 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

See

We’re up. Calm down

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814251 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

McDavids speed will always be amazing and produce better highlights but I am just as impressed by his patience.
His delay on that PP goal to suck both the Knight D and keeper over just to slide it over to Hyman was exceptional.

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814255 is a reply to message #814251 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

tie game. Better win this

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814254 is a reply to message #814234 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Then a fake icing.. followed by Leon coughing up an unforced pizza to Stone for a shot from the slot. 3-3 ..

This team just gives away goals

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814256 is a reply to message #814254 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 20 November 2022 05:22

Then a fake icing.. followed by Leon coughing up an unforced pizza to Stone for a shot from the slot. 3-3 ..

This team just gives away goals

Yup

Insane. Ugh

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814260 is a reply to message #814256 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Go win this

Re: GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18) [message #814261 is a reply to message #814260 ]
Sat, 19 November 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

See

Told you

Calm down folks. We win

Previous Topic:Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #18)
Next Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #17)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca