This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813417]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
New Jersey to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813429 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

#IStillBelieveInStu

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813430 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

The streak had to end at some point, but what a terrible way for it to happen.... icon_dead

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813431 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Great D in the third guys! Especially the game winner...

Yikes.

They played fifty strong minutes and then decided to just hand the game to a desperate and energetic Devils team. Nice.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813434 is a reply to message #813431 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Pathetic 3rd Period - Oilers need to remember nothing is given in this League, that period was a classic case of Oilers thinking they had it in the bag. Lazy turnovers, junior level D. Bouchard, Barrie with BRUTAL games. Stu would want 2 of those 4 back for sure. Man, what a disappointing game. Mcleod turn overs in neutral zone are something he really needs to clean up as well.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813436 is a reply to message #813434 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 03 November 2022 21:55

Mcleod turn overs in neutral zone are something he really needs to clean up as well.

I hadn't really noticed this until the last couple games but man it stood out tonight on a regular basis.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813432 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Played like someone told them they win 100% of the time when leading after 2

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813433 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

93% of you thought this was an Oiler win with both teams sitting at 7-3.

I couldn’t resist. Had to pick Devs.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813437 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Oilers had some huge chances but had a hell of a time with the NJ speed, in the neutral zone and in their own. Will Yams score?

Barrie and MN80, jaysus, chaos, Skinner has been bailing those 2 out this year, but it's caught up.

Skinner screened on the 2nd, should have had the 3rd but squeaked through, and I'll hang that 4th on MN80, he read and cheated outside when the puck was blowing by him to the guy on the inside. Pick up the guy, ffs, late in the 3rd with the game tied. It's like "here....here's a breakaway for a regulation win to complete your comeback".

Disappointing given the 2 goal lead at one point. Oh well.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813443 is a reply to message #813437 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 03 November 2022 22:01

Oilers had some huge chances but had a hell of a time with the NJ speed, in the neutral zone and in their own. Will Yams score?

Barrie and MN80, jaysus, chaos, Skinner has been bailing those 2 out this year, but it's caught up.

Skinner screened on the 2nd, should have had the 3rd but squeaked through, and I'll hang that 4th on MN80, he read and cheated outside when the puck was blowing by him to the guy on the inside. Pick up the guy, ffs, late in the 3rd with the game tied. It's like "here....here's a breakaway for a regulation win to complete your comeback".

Disappointing given the 2 goal lead at one point. Oh well.

Should we talk about putting that D pair that has been horrid all game, barely able to pass to eachother. Barrie just wandering around his zone all night never in a safe spot to be passed to. Those are the guy you put out after that crazy 3-3 goal?

https://i.imgflip.com/6zgtqb.jpg

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813439 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

That was one Triple-A Choke.. running around in their own end.. can't get it out.. 2 goals in 7 seconds with 3 minutes left.. what the F'n F was Nemo doing on that last goal.. brainless.. ugly loss.

On the 3rd GA Mcleod has guys deep in the Devils end and then coughs it up at the blue line.. cue fire drill.

Stu not good. I think this will quiet down the goalie controversy a few decibels..

I'm getting sour on Yammo.. ineffective so far.. regularly gets 17-18 minutes TOI with Kane and LD.. plays just go to die on the guy's stick..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813442 is a reply to message #813439 ]
Thu, 03 November 2022 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Hahahaa what was that

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813444 is a reply to message #813442 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sloiler  is currently offline sloiler

No Cups

As I watched the highlights this morning, I had a premonition that this is a preview of the 2023 Stanley Cup Final...... there I said it.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813445 is a reply to message #813444 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I was at the game and it was a pretty exciting game to be at but a missed opportunity.

- Lots of golden chances to extend the lead but just missed.
- I thought Nuge did some nice defensive plays but was pretty quiet offensively when you compare to how he's been in the last 5-6 games.
- I thought the whole 3rd line wasn't great. I have loved how they have played in the games before but I didn't think Foegele or JP were on last night. Not as physical or aggressive, not getting in on the forecheck like they have. Not generating much. JP did his whole massive wing span with his stick to break up a few plays, did a nice one I think in the 3rd but overall JP was really struggling at times to handle the puck. Foegele didn't generate much. Some pretty big give aways by Mcleod and he struggled on draws.
- Holloway. I like what he can do, I can see the player and what he will offer but my god, he can't give the puck up like that. His giveaways end up being 5 star in the net a few seconds later type of plays.
- I thought Bouchard struggled especially handling the puck which should be his bread and butter.
- Niemelainen had a rough game. Still trying to figure out what he was doing on the 4th goal. It almost looked like he was headed to the bench for a change as he left his whole side of the ice wide open.
-Skinner. As good as he has been and he was pretty good for 2 periods, he was awful in the 3rd period and I kind of have to put the loss on him. The second goal has to be stopped. I don't know if he didn't react quick enough but he could see it, got a good piece and it went right through his body. 3rd goal was BAD. I still can't figure out how a shot that slow got through him. Put your stick down and it doesn't go in. It wasn't hard enough to even make a rebound. Tough goal.

Entertaining game though. Oilers had a few chances they missed but I saw 4 young players have rough, rough nights and it cost them.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813446 is a reply to message #813417 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Off topic, but I was just looking at the Oilers' stats and there's a real chasm between their top 5 forwards (who are all averaging a point a game or better) and the other 7 where no one has more than 3 points.

If we can get some of those guys going, we might actually have something here.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813447 is a reply to message #813446 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

benv wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 10:23

Off topic, but I was just looking at the Oilers' stats and there's a real chasm between their top 5 forwards (who are all averaging a point a game or better) and the other 7 where no one has more than 3 points.

The whole 3rd line while it has been playing pretty decent, the goals aren't going in right now. Foegele has zero and there have been some 10 bell chances he hasn't cashed in on. JP has 1 where he got a tip on a Nurse shot but he other than that has missed on some golden chances.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813450 is a reply to message #813446 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Unfortunately we have a team with limited depth, bad defense, and questions in the net. It would be nice if we saw some depth scoring, but that's like saying it would be nice if defense could shut a team down or the 'tenders could make a timely stop. The Oilers blew a 2 goal lead because that's who they are. They didn't outscore the problem last night.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813451 is a reply to message #813450 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 13:17

Unfortunately we have a team with limited depth, bad defense, and questions in the net. It would be nice if we saw some depth scoring, but that's like saying it would be nice if defense could shut a team down or the 'tenders could make a timely stop. The Oilers blew a 2 goal lead because that's who they are. They didn't outscore the problem last night.

I don't think you can say "that's who they are". This was the first time this season they lost a game in which they had a lead. They've actually been slow starters and great finishers all year. I think last night was more an exception rather than a rule.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813454 is a reply to message #813451 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

benv wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 13:54

I don't think you can say "that's who they are". This was the first time this season they lost a game in which they had a lead. They've actually been slow starters and great finishers all year. I think last night was more an exception rather than a rule.

I can say it about the depth and defense. There hasn't been enough turnover for me to believe this team is different that last year's version in those aspects. The goaltending is pending, but with 36 goals against over 11 games I think we're pretty close to being able to determine this team needs to outscore their problems. One of those problems is giving up early goals.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11) [message #813455 is a reply to message #813454 ]
Fri, 04 November 2022 23:27 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 14:30

benv wrote on Fri, 04 November 2022 13:54

I can say it about the depth and defense. There hasn't been enough turnover for me to believe this team is different that last year's version in those aspects. The goaltending is pending, but with 36 goals against over 11 games I think we're pretty close to being able to determine this team needs to outscore their problems. One of those problems is giving up early goals.

And penalty killing. We get scored on every game when we're shorthanded. If our powerplay wasn't so damn good, special teams would be a glaring sore spot.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Previous Topic:Pregame: Dallas @ Edmonton (Game #12)
Next Topic:GDT: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #11)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca