F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Nurse suspended for game 6
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805850]
Wed, 11 May 2022 13:59 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

1 game for the headbutt on Phil Danault.

https://www.nhl.com/video/nurse-suspended-for-head-butting/t -277440360/c-11672815

I’m surprised, given everything this playoffs has been a fine.

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805851 is a reply to message #805850 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

If he had dropped the mitts and fought and taken a 5/10 it would have been fine.

But even with all the nonsense a head butt is crossing the line. No issue with the decision, this is entirely on Nurse making a bad decision/reaction.

Now we got to sub in a 7D and everyone else on D that is already at the waterline has to step up to keep the dam from overflowing.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:14]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805852 is a reply to message #805851 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I am not surprised. Maybe this suspension will force the Oilers entire team to get back to playing better defensively that they were playing for the most part when Woody took over. Maybe it will also make it so the rest of the d core just simplifies their game. Way, way too many times dmen are forcing plays instead of making the simple one.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805853 is a reply to message #805851 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Head butting is over the line. I'd prefer it not be a suspension because I'm wildly biased, but I'm not surprised it is.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805854 is a reply to message #805853 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

What bothers me about it is it shows the Kings have the Oilers frustrated and they are under their skin.

I said it in the other thread. I believe it's in between the ears for the Oilers. They are the better team. They have shown that when they want to play, the Kings can't compete. The Oilers played like trash last game, let the Kings do their game and then when the Oilers decided to turn it on, they damn near won the game in the 3rd. If that period was 5 mins longer, they would have won. The Oilers need to relax, stop forcing things and do their thing and they will beat the Kings. But it's in their minds and that can be hard to overcome.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805856 is a reply to message #805854 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 13:26

What bothers me about it is it shows the Kings have the Oilers frustrated and they are under their skin.

I said it in the other thread. I believe it's in between the ears for the Oilers. They are the better team. They have shown that when they want to play, the Kings can't compete. The Oilers played like trash last game, let the Kings do their game and then when the Oilers decided to turn it on, they damn near won the game in the 3rd. If that period was 5 mins longer, they would have won. The Oilers need to relax, stop forcing things and do their thing and they will beat the Kings. But it's in their minds and that can be hard to overcome.

I'll disagree on the better team part. They are a tier or two or three better in goal. We have higher end top players at forward, but they have better depth or atleast play better. And I'm more inclined to give a judge's decision to the Kings on defense.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805857 is a reply to message #805856 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 14:29

I'll disagree on the better team part. They are a tier or two or three better in goal. We have higher end top players at forward, but they have better depth or atleast play better. And I'm more inclined to give a judge's decision to the Kings on defense.

Player for player, the Oilers are better at most positions. All you have to do is look at who each team dressed and there aren't too many positions where the Kings have a better player. Are the Kings playing their style and system better than the Oilers? Absolutely. Are the Kings outworking the Oilers, absolutely.

When the Oilers play their game, they beat the hell out of the Kings. The whipped them game 2 and 3 and when they turned it on last night in the 3rd, it wasn't close.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805875 is a reply to message #805857 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 14:38

nullterm wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 14:29

Player for player, the Oilers are better at most positions. All you have to do is look at who each team dressed and there aren't too many positions where the Kings have a better player. Are the Kings playing their style and system better than the Oilers? Absolutely. Are the Kings outworking the Oilers, absolutely.

When the Oilers play their game, they beat the hell out of the Kings. The whipped them game 2 and 3 and when they turned it on last night in the 3rd, it wasn't close.

Yeah, Oilers are the better team and it's not even close. The Kings did not expect themselves to be going into game 6 with the Oilers facing elimination.

NHL radio made a similar point today. They said the Oilers are either going to lose 3-2 to a team, or win 8-2. It all depends on which team decides to show up that day.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805855 is a reply to message #805853 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 13:21

Head butting is over the line. I'd prefer it not be a suspension because I'm wildly biased, but I'm not surprised it is.

The league is already paranoid about concussions, anything head related is going to get a microscope instead of a magnifying glass.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805858 is a reply to message #805855 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

nullterm wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 14:27

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 11 May 2022 13:21

The league is already paranoid about concussions, anything head related is going to get a microscope instead of a magnifying glass.

Unless you wear 34 and leave your feet to hit someone on the boards.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805860 is a reply to message #805850 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

An alleged member of the core of the team just can't do this. He hasn't even been all that physical this series but resorts to a cheap dirtbag play like this. Selfish play by a moron.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805862 is a reply to message #805850 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Didn't catch that play during the game. Frustration boiling over. That was a pretty blatant headbutt.

Can Nurse watch guys like Andersen in this series? Somehow this no name D gets in the head of our best player, even drawing some calls. There are better ways than headbutts. I remain surprised at how bad Nurse is at the game within the game type stuff. I thought he would be a good pest. I think we actually have zero D that do that kind of thing.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:52]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805894 is a reply to message #805862 ]
Thu, 12 May 2022 08:28 Go to previous message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Yep. Mikey Anderson is a bigger factor in this series so far, definitely.

Same with Durzi. Both are outplaying and out-contributing Nurse by a mile.

Re: Nurse suspended for game 6 [message #805863 is a reply to message #805850 ]
Wed, 11 May 2022 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I am against the grain here. Looked like he wanted to get a shoulder into him and made head to head contact. Wasn’t high speed. No relevant history.

In the regular season I don’t have a complaint. In the playoffs where they are fining guys for most things vicious, I am surprised this is a suspension.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:55]

Clean house or bust

Previous Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Next Topic:GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca