This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804022]
Tue, 12 April 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Minnesota to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Tuesday, December 7, 2021Minnesota 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Sunday, February 20, 2022Minnesota 7 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Tuesday, April 12, 2022Edmonton 1 @ Minnesota 5Loss
Home Record: 0-2-0       Road Record: 0-1-0       Overall Record: 0-3-0
Home / Road Goals For: 4/1 Total: 5
Home / Road Goals Against: 11/5 Total: 16

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804023 is a reply to message #804022 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Huge game here, the wild are extremely motivated.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804031 is a reply to message #804023 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

This should be another playoff style of game so a good test and preparation game for the Oilers.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804032 is a reply to message #804023 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Minny's fighting it out for home ice versus St. Louis. Both tied at 94 points currently, with the Wild going 7-1-2 in their last ten. That's right about where the Oilers are too...we're 7-2-1 in the same time period, so too hot teams.

I wonder which goalie we get from the Wild tonight...hopefully we get to see them both let in a bunch of goals. I will say, I'm jealous of their tandem when I compare it with our own...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804033 is a reply to message #804032 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Yeah that goaltending in minny is unreal, as much of a pessimist I am about our guys we wouldn't be in this position had they not both stepped up. I've got no choice but to cheer

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804034 is a reply to message #804032 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 13:34

Minny's fighting it out for home ice versus St. Louis. Both tied at 94 points currently, with the Wild going 7-1-2 in their last ten. That's right about where the Oilers are too...we're 7-2-1 in the same time period, so too hot teams.

I wonder which goalie we get from the Wild tonight...hopefully we get to see them both let in a bunch of goals. I will say, I'm jealous of their tandem when I compare it with our own...

ON had Talbot listed as starting tonight for them. Wonder who we go with.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804036 is a reply to message #804034 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

If I am the Oilers, I am playing these 3 goalies off on another. Smith was excellent on the road trip when Koskinen was sick. .969, .969, .939. You'd think the coach would start Smith who was hot, but he went with Koskinen. I have to think seeing Smith play so well, had to make Koskinen think he had to stand on his head and he did. .971 against the Avalanche.

In my opinion, I think these 2 goalie are capable of giving the Oilers high end goaltending for a couple of games then something clicks in them and they lose focus. They play better when there is no clear starter. They play better when they have a fight it out for ice mindset. So I would go with a true split and not for anymore than 2 games in a row. If a guy plays awesome, great. Thanks. Next guy up. Make them pissed off and want to shove the coaches decision up their ass next game. So I would probably play Koskinen tonight and no matter what he does, even if he shuts the Wild out, I'd go with Smith in Nashville.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804038 is a reply to message #804036 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 11:35

If I am the Oilers, I am playing these 3 goalies off on another. Smith was excellent on the road trip when Koskinen was sick. .969, .969, .939. You'd think the coach would start Smith who was hot, but he went with Koskinen. I have to think seeing Smith play so well, had to make Koskinen think he had to stand on his head and he did. .971 against the Avalanche.

In my opinion, I think these 2 goalie are capable of giving the Oilers high end goaltending for a couple of games then something clicks in them and they lose focus. They play better when there is no clear starter. They play better when they have a fight it out for ice mindset. So I would go with a true split and not for anymore than 2 games in a row. If a guy plays awesome, great. Thanks. Next guy up. Make them pissed off and want to shove the coaches decision up their ass next game. So I would probably play Koskinen tonight and no matter what he does, even if he shuts the Wild out, I'd go with Smith in Nashville.

Would you alternate goalies in the playoffs too? It would be unconventional...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804043 is a reply to message #804038 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 11:41

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 11:35

Would you alternate goalies in the playoffs too? It would be unconventional...

I would alternate. In my opinion, these guys have shown a pattern that they can play really well for a few games, then a dip happens. I think the better of the 2 goalies is Koskinen but it's 100% mental with him. After a couple of games, something flips off and his play will drop off. I think Koskinen plays better when he is battle for ice time. I think Smith has that old man, red ass type of personality where as long as he's healthy, which looks like he finally is, he will give you a shove it up your ass game for not starting him.

So I'd me playing these guys off one another with the hopes they both want to one up on the other guy.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804040 is a reply to message #804034 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 11:26

Adam wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 13:34

ON had Talbot listed as starting tonight for them. Wonder who we go with.

Sounds like it’s Talbot v Koskinen tonight

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804050 is a reply to message #804022 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

A recent interview with Bison.. looks like he's focused on the defensive game, take-aways, retrievals, puck possession (which he's been awesome at), realizes he needs to score more, but staying positive.
https://twitter.com/LonnbergMari/status/1513929201136586765
Quote:

”...I want to be a reliable player. One the coach can trust to play mistake free. I'm just trying to battle as hard as I can. Reliability has also become a question of honor....”

”...We play against the top lines and if we lose it should not be because of my line... I want to score goals and help the team in that way too. E.g. against the Colorado, I had some great chances but the puck just doesn’t want to go in...”

”...I try to think that working hard will eventually turn into goals. I have to believe in it too...”

”...I would like to play PP, but I take one step at a time. It's also great that I get to play with McDavid and help him. It is only few weeks until the playoffs and hopefully there are some goals in stock for me then...”

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804051 is a reply to message #804050 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 14:11

A recent interview with Bison.. looks like he's focused on the defensive game, take-aways, retrievals, puck possession (which he's been awesome at), realizes he needs to score more, but staying positive.
Quote:

”...I want to be a reliable player. One the coach can trust to play mistake free. I'm just trying to battle as hard as I can. Reliability has also become a question of honor....”

”...We play against the top lines and if we lose it should not be because of my line... I want to score goals and help the team in that way too. E.g. against the Colorado, I had some great chances but the puck just doesn’t want to go in...”

”...I try to think that working hard will eventually turn into goals. I have to believe in it too...”

”...I would like to play PP, but I take one step at a time. It's also great that I get to play with McDavid and help him. It is only few weeks until the playoffs and hopefully there are some goals in stock for me then...”

Love. The. Bison. King.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804053 is a reply to message #804051 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 14:51

Quote:

Love. The. Bison. King.

When Puljujarvi scored against LA (later taken away) and they flashed a Bison King graphic on the scoreboard, I lost it. So good.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804054 is a reply to message #804053 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 15:14

Quote:

Love. The. Bison. King.

When Puljujarvi scored against LA (later taken away) and they flashed a Bison King graphic on the scoreboard, I lost it. So good.

I wish NHL teams did more of that type of stuff. Get the players involved in creating a graphic for themselves when they score. Create a goal song for each player.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804062 is a reply to message #804053 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 12 April 2022 14:14

Love. The. Bison. King.

When he scores his goal song should be Buffalo Soldier.. and flash up a clip of a stampeding Bison on the score clock.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804052 is a reply to message #804022 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Would be a stellar dub tonight to further strengthen the hold on home ice in the first round.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74) [message #804064 is a reply to message #804052 ]
Tue, 12 April 2022 17:59 Go to previous message

No Cups

This one goes a long way to securing a playoff spot, maybe even home ice advantage. I'm kinda hoping Calgary tanks and we end up 1 seed in the pacific.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #74)
Next Topic:GDT: Colorado @ Edmonton (Game #73)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca