This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800232]
Sun, 20 February 2022 20:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Minnesota to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800233 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ah well, nothing good lasts forever.

Biggest question now is how the team responds.

It would be nice though to not have the goalies let in every third shot…

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800236 is a reply to message #800233 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 20 February 2022 20:36

Ah well, nothing good lasts forever.

Biggest question now is how the team responds.

It would be nice though to not have the goalies let in every third shot…

I wouldn't worry. When Mike Smith gets off track he just needs two or three games to get his groove back, then he puts in a great performance.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800234 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

We gotta back the truck up next year for MAF or Kuemper. I still can't believe we gave Smith another year beyond this one.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800238 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Need some more Benson comments in this Review thread!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800239 is a reply to message #800238 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2022 21:35

Kids gonna go on a tear now.

Leafs fans go on about how Bunting is a better and cheaper Hyman... wait till you hear what Oilers media says about Benson here shortly 😉

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800241 is a reply to message #800239 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 20 February 2022 21:39

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 20 February 2022 21:35

Kids gonna go on a tear now.

Leafs fans go on about how Bunting is a better and cheaper Hyman... wait till you hear what Oilers media says about Benson here shortly 😉

Huge goal. Clutch. Kid is clearly a difference maker.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800240 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Sun, 20 February 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I blame Gene's haircut. He was clearly the team's Samson.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800246 is a reply to message #800240 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 20 February 2022 22:01

Oilers plummet after 2006 coincides with Gene Principe’s full-time hiring. Joined us on our playoff run and never left.

Cue the X-Files theme song.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800248 is a reply to message #800246 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 06:12

Oilers plummet after 2006 coincides with Gene Principe’s full-time hiring. Joined us on our playoff run and never left.

Has he been around that long?? Holy smokes.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800250 is a reply to message #800248 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 06:53

Does Gene have access to the teams water supply? Could be on to something here.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800251 is a reply to message #800250 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 09:46

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 06:53

Does Gene have access to the teams water supply? Could be on to something here.

Plot twist. Gene is the teams water supply.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800252 is a reply to message #800251 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 09:26

Plot twist. Gene is the teams water supply.

..team jester?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800242 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Can’t really be upset at this one.

5 games of this physical sport in 7 days against elite athletes, yikes. Crazy that the CBA allows it.

The difference between winning 5 in a row with Woodcroft and 5 in a row with Tippett are astounding. We have been outshooting opponent , including tonight. We are outscoring at 5v5, and winning the possession battle. Scoring is coming from many places. Other than goaltending, this is the least worried I have been about a loss in some time.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800243 is a reply to message #800242 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 00:56

Can’t really be upset at this one.

5 games of this physical sport in 7 days against elite athletes, yikes. Crazy that the CBA allows it.

The difference between winning 5 in a row with Woodcroft and 5 in a row with Tippett are astounding. We have been outshooting opponent , including tonight. We are outscoring at 5v5, and winning the possession battle. Scoring is coming from many places. Other than goaltending, this is the least worried I have been about a loss in some time.

I mean Smith’s jock literally stunk the entire place up. I have it on good authority he had a long phone call with Tippett after about battle, the difficulty of playing goal behind effectively 4 rookie dmen, the ridiculousness of playing 11 n’ 7, let alone 6(!) straight games of it, and how silly and desperate Jason (they call Jay Woodcroft Jason, Schmiddy and Dave do) looked pulling Schmiddy.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800245 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Fire Woodcroft.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800249 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I'm tellin' ya it was the orange pylon jerseys! Go Navy!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800253 is a reply to message #800249 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Luckily I was headed somewhere so I wasn’t able to watch the game thankfully amd after I saw the texts from my bro when it was 3-0 on 5 shots, I wisely decided not to listen. Icy highways and the Oilers tanking a game is never a good mix.

The schedule maker gave the Oilers the old middle finger giving them 5 games in 7 nights, making them go on a mini trip. Slamming a lone home game in the middle. Then making them go on a 1 game trip only to have the last game being a back to back against a very good team. Pretty ridiculously difficult task to come up with a remotely decent effort by I am sure an exhausted team. Only way there was the slimest of chance to salvage even a point is your goalie had to be outstanding. The goalie lasted only 2/3 of a period with 4 goals on 7 shots. Now like I said I didn’t get to watch the game so I am sure the effort was poor but I am not sure I have seen a .429% posted by a a suppossdly NHL caliber goalie before. Maybe I missed one but even if a team doesn’t have much to give, that’s a pretty poor excuse of an effort by a vet goalie.

I noticed Benson did a pretty sweet bad pass to be a primarry setup on the Wilds first goal but at least he got that first ever goal when it was 6-1 to stop being the only Oilers forward this year without a goal. He gave one way but got one back so all the stats guys can give him a boost. I saw the oldies on cult of hockey give him an extra grade point juat because he finally score his first NHL goal, so I am sure other stat guys did as well. So cudos to him for getting that goal. His dad was watching so even better. He had 1 shot and he scored so I guess he can be called a 1 shot scorer now! Whoop whoop!!

A tough next few games ahead. Smith had been playing well for several games in a row so he was due for a stinker sadly. So hopefully its out of his system and he can play good again as they need him. Koskinen was playing well before covid and had a strong game against the Jets so he was a bad game time bomb ready to explode as well. He didn’t exactly shut the door and I saw a stinker goal so maybe they both got their trash game over with at once.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800254 is a reply to message #800253 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 12:24

I noticed Benson did a pretty sweet bad pass to be a primarry setup on the Wilds first goal but at least he got that first ever goal when it was 6-1 to stop being the only Oilers forward this year without a goal. He gave one way but got one back so all the stats guys can give him a boost. I saw the oldies on cult of hockey give him an extra grade point juat because he finally score his first NHL goal, so I am sure other stat guys did as well. So cudos to him for getting that goal. His dad was watching so even better. He had 1 shot and he scored so I guess he can be called a 1 shot scorer now! Whoop whoop!!

RD - I always enjoy your posts. I frequently disagree with your conclusions and arguments, but I always appreciate your willingness to say what you think.

This might be the first time that I think you ought to delete your post, though. After a game in which virtually every Oiler (except maybe Lagesson, for what that's worth) STUNK, did you really need to look for reasons to piss on Tyler Benson and his first NHL goal? I do not think this is generally true of you, but this particular post really lacks class. I don't expect you (or anybody else) to suddenly think Tyler Benson is "the answer" - but he definitely wasn't "the problem" last night. I don't even want or expect you to celebrate him or give him kudos for his first NHL goal. But at least don't be a prick about it. Just say nothing at all.

Again, I want to be clear. I like your posts, I appreciate your contributions to the Oilfans forums. I'm not a huge Benson booster by any stretch (though I have hoped for years that he will pan out as a middle-six NHL forward). I just think you stepped over some lines here and might want to step backward some.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800255 is a reply to message #800253 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Luckily I was headed somewhere so I wasn’t able to watch the game thankfully amd after I saw the texts from my bro when it was 3-0 on 5 shots, I wisely decided not to listen. Icy highways and the Oilers tanking a game is never a good mix.

The schedule maker gave the Oilers the old middle finger giving them 5 games in 7 nights, making them go on a mini trip. Slamming a lone home game in the middle. Then making them go on a 1 game trip only to have the last game being a back to back against a very good team. Pretty ridiculously difficult task to come up with a remotely decent effort by I am sure an exhausted team. Only way there was the slimest of chance to salvage even a point is your goalie had to be outstanding. The goalie lasted only 2/3 of a period with 4 goals on 7 shots. Now like I said I didn’t get to watch the game so I am sure the effort was poor but I am not sure I have seen a .429% posted by a a suppossdly NHL caliber goalie before. Maybe I missed one but even if a team doesn’t have much to give, that’s a pretty poor excuse of an effort by a vet goalie.

A tough next few games ahead. Smith had been playing well for several games in a row so he was due for a stinker sadly. So hopefully its out of his system and he can play good again as they need him. Koskinen was playing well before covid and had a strong game against the Jets so he was a bad game time bomb ready to explode as well. He didn’t exactly shut the door and I saw a stinker goal so maybe they both got their trash game over with at once.

When you pick a guy (a 4th line rookie at that) & go to the whip, you don't mess around. A fixation, an obsession. Does Benson need security? 😂 Whatever, I guess we all need to cope with the Oilers in different ways. Some guys are obsessed with the GM and the coach, Klowe, Nicholson. For you it's the 4th line rookie at league minimum.

I was expecting a let down here, but this pretty big letdown in terms of a bad start again. Benson didn't have a good game outside of a goal. I think we can expect erratic tending from this tandem. I didnt see anyone who played particularly well, especially veteran impactful players. Lagesson was +2 though... confused2

I think .500 on the trip here would be a good outcome.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800256 is a reply to message #800255 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 15:02

When you pick a guy (a 4th line rookie at that) & go to the whip, you don't mess around. A fixation, an obsession. Does Benson need security? 😂 Whatever, I guess we all need to cope with the Oilers in different ways. Some guys are obsessed with the GM and the coach, Klowe, Nicholson. For you it's the 4th line rookie at league minimum.

I was expecting a let down here, but this pretty big letdown in terms of a bad start again. Benson didn't have a good game outside of a goal. I think we can expect erratic tending from this tandem. I didnt see anyone who played particularly well, especially veteran impactful players. Lagesson was +2 though... confused2

I think .500 on the trip here would be a good outcome.

Well that sucked the life out of the line bright spot in that game.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800257 is a reply to message #800255 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://i.imgflip.com/663jfu.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 21 February 2022 17:56]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800258 is a reply to message #800257 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I bet if Benson could score 12 goals this season, we make the playoffs.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800263 is a reply to message #800257 ]
Mon, 21 February 2022 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 15:42

I’m dying here!

Benson for Player of the Month!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800277 is a reply to message #800263 ]
Tue, 22 February 2022 20:39 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 18:15

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 21 February 2022 15:42

I’m dying here!

Benson for Player of the Month!

Absolute gold.

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800269 is a reply to message #800232 ]
Tue, 22 February 2022 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Between Goaltending and Defense predicting Tampa and Florida will be harsh spankings..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41) [message #800271 is a reply to message #800269 ]
Tue, 22 February 2022 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 22 February 2022 09:28

Between Goaltending and Defense predicting Tampa and Florida will be harsh spankings..

No no. They have a new coach now. The box has been checked.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Tampa Bay (Game #52)
Next Topic:GDT: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #41)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca