This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798033]
Sat, 22 January 2022 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Saturday, October 16, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, January 22, 2022Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 5Win
Monday, March 7, 2022Edmonton 1 @ Calgary 3Loss
Saturday, March 26, 2022Edmonton 5 @ Calgary 9Loss
Home Record: 2-0-0       Road Record: 0-2-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 10/6 Total: 16
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/12 Total: 17

2020-21 Regular Season
Saturday, February 6, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Calgary 6Loss
Friday, February 19, 2021Edmonton 2 @ Calgary 1Win
Saturday, February 20, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 7Win
Saturday, March 6, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Monday, March 15, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Calgary 4Loss
Wednesday, March 17, 2021Edmonton 7 @ Calgary 3Win
Friday, April 2, 2021Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, April 10, 2021Edmonton 0 @ Calgary 5Loss
Thursday, April 29, 2021Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, May 1, 2021Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 4Win
Home Record: 4-1-0       Road Record: 2-3-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 18/16 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/19 Total: 28

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798038 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Listening to Tippett’s presser yesterday didn’t fill me with hope. He said what I saw, but held back tossing Koskinen under the bus. “If the team plays better in front of the goalie, then the goalie will feel better about the team” (loosely quoted). He indirectly said our goalies need to make a save and the team needs to build from the good stuff they’ve been doing in the New Year.

Team played well for the first two periods of the last two games and bled in the third. Koskinen and Skinner gave up lots of stinkers. That Florida gets us a goal or two in most games. Do that from here on out and learn to lock down a lead.

Regardless of our scoring, I don’t think this team can win with 19. Prepared to drown my sorrows tonight.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798040 is a reply to message #798038 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 08:56

Listening to Tippett’s presser yesterday didn’t fill me with hope. He said what I saw, but held back tossing Koskinen under the bus. “If the team plays better in front of the goalie, then the goalie will feel better about the team” (loosely quoted). He indirectly said our goalies need to make a save and the team needs to build from the good stuff they’ve been doing in the New Year.

Team played well for the first two periods of the last two games and bled in the third. Koskinen and Skinner gave up lots of stinkers. That Florida gets us a goal or two in most games. Do that from here on out and learn to lock down a lead.

Regardless of our scoring, I don’t think this team can win with 19. Prepared to drown my sorrows tonight.

He got torn apart for throwing Koski under the bus a couple weeks ago. He won’t do it again this soon after.

At this point though, can we really fault the team in front of him for sagging seeing some of the crap he lets in? Compared to the saves occurring at the other end of the rink, to see the level of shots go in against your goalie would be mega deflating. Once or twice, sure you battle through it. But man when it keeps happening.. it would certainly wear on me.

The Must for tonight is legitimately off the charts. But I don’t know if I can watch for fear of disappointment. BoA’s are supposed to be exhilarating as a fan but this organization is fundamentally wrecked and no level of failure tonight, regardless of a coach firing, will change the fortunes of this club. I’m not mad... I’m just disappointed.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798041 is a reply to message #798040 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Peter Chiarelli was fired 3 years ago today. on January 22,2019.With Chirelli three years in the rear view mirror, should make a big difference in tonight's game vs. the Flames with all the changes to the Oilers since then.

Go Oilers!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798055 is a reply to message #798038 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 08:56.

The team played well for the first 5 minutes of the third before getting totally dominated and falling apart. THAT led to to the two goals which led to the total disinterested collapse in the third.

I have very little faith.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798042 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Oilers at morning skate:

Perlini-McDavid-Yamamoto
Foegele-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Benson-McLeod-Turris
Shore-Ryan-Sceviour

Nurse-Bouchard
Keith-Ceci
Russell-Koekkoek

Koskinen
Skinner

Barrie not on the ice.
Kassian not on the ice.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798044 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Barrie injured. Not playing tonight.

Kass non-covid illness draws the Q tag.

Skinner out of protocol and backing up Miko

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798046 is a reply to message #798044 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 11:29

Barrie injured. Not playing tonight.

Kass non-covid illness draws the Q tag.

Skinner out of protocol and backing up Miko

Kassian suffering from invisibilitis.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798045 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

To use a well worn Stauffer term, a loss tonight would be the catharsis for change. Mind you, that could have been said for the last 5 or more losses.

Outside a team that has a planned tank ongoing or in the very early stages of rebuild, this last 14 game stretch a .200 points percentage or whatever it is should have had the coach (who has no answers and has lost most of the room) fired. It's curious that he's still running the team since its supposedly built to make the playoffs and advance in the playoffs. After the club has allowed this to linger, without addressing even one obvious issue, the good start has been pissed away and the playoffs are clearly in jeopardy. Pretty sad state.

I'm never going to hope for this team to lose, and although it doesn't deserve my support, my tier 2 support is going nowhere else.....they're just not going to get tier 1 support. It didn't go anywhere when Gretzky & Messier were traded it won't if McDavid doesn't finish his career here. Hope they find a way to lay the boots to the FLames.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798061 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Suspect Oilers will get run out of this one physically.

Never ceases to amaze me how this franchise can't get players to finish checks, use the body to separate pucks off of people, they never seem to acquire enough players that have that ingredient, but even if its not in their DNA, other franchises seem to be able to squeeze that ability out of their players.. much higher compete and intensity level.

Oilers seem to fail in that area year after year, GM after GM, pro-scout after pro-scout, coach after coach.

Just a handful of players on the Oilers have that level of competitiveness in their makeup, below the critical mass to carry any inertia for a team's success.

Some coaches over the years seem to be able to get that out of players, even if its not part of their makeup, be it building confidence and motivation, or plain fear of unemployment.

tippet had them doing battle drills, seemed to help with the Florida game.. for a period, but it looked like air leaking out of a balloon, eventually resorting to their base level.

Not sure another coach can squeeze anything more out of some on this roster.. unless there is some new Moderna tech that can change DNA. :)

Hoping for the best tonight, fearing the worst.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2022 17:04]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798065 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I am a huge Bengal fan so as of about 45mins ago nothing the Oilers do tonight matters to me in the slightest.
I am also a number of drinks into the day/evening already so reserve the right to do an about face on the above statement and go on a drunken tirade around 8 mins into the first.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798068 is a reply to message #798065 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 17:32

.. go on a drunken tirade around 8 mins into the first.

Don't hold it in.. mental health awareness.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798069 is a reply to message #798065 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 18:32

I am a huge Bengal fan so as of about 45mins ago nothing the Oilers do tonight matters to me in the slightest.
I am also a number of drinks into the day/evening already so reserve the right to do an about face on the above statement and go on a drunken tirade around 8 mins into the first.

I’m a Titans fan so how the Oilers do tonight will now dictate the hangover I have tomorrow.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798073 is a reply to message #798069 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 19:04

I’m a Titans fan so how the Oilers do tonight will now dictate the hangover I have tomorrow.

I’m a Jets fan so how the Oilers do tonight…… amazingly compares surprisingly well. Smoker

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798074 is a reply to message #798073 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Also, this one has an historic feel about it. I actually think a blowout ends
the Nicholson and down era, a loss of any score ends the Tippet era. A win doesn’t do much.

So I guess I’m saying that all I see is a loss.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798076 is a reply to message #798073 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 19:24

I’m a Jets fan so how the Oilers do tonight…… amazingly compares surprisingly well. Smoker

I’m a Jets fan when it comes to the fantasy season, as I have Mike Carter and Elijah Moore in my dynasty league 😂

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798077 is a reply to message #798073 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Bears fan….maybe it’s the colour scheme that invites horrible management?

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798078 is a reply to message #798077 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 19:51

You may be on to something. I’m not a mets fan buuuut something to be said there too

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798084 is a reply to message #798077 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 20:26 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2022 19:51

Niners fan… my night is very much hanging in the balance.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #798080 is a reply to message #798033 ]
Sat, 22 January 2022 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Well Oil Fans...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/7gAULpAkC2vSw/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d3oed9qj3ugw4envb1l1jzev568l73fh18tw9x91&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Next Topic:GDT: Florida @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca