This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794871]
Sat, 20 November 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Chicago to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794872 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sat, 20 November 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Starting to get excited about Skinner. Don’t think he’s let in a bad goal yet. Looks super poised. Great positioning, good tracking. He really is looking great back there.

Broberg was solid. He and Ceci did some good work tonight. Nice that he got an apple.

And the 3rd snd 4th line looked competent. I understand we’re not playing 2011 chicago Blackhawks, but still an nhl team, and bottom 6 looked pretty good. Especially McLeod with Kassian and Foegele. Benson looked serviceable as well.

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794875 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sat, 20 November 2021 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

PLAY LA BAMBA!

The Principal looks so calm in the crease it’s very welcomed. Kid is coming up big. Hope he can keep it up.

Dunchard and BroCeci pairs looked good. Keith over 25 minutes and arguably his best game as an Oiler so far. I know what I’ve said but I am still pumped he's an Oiler, certain things aside.

It’ll be even better here when JP gets going again. Looks snakebitten.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794876 is a reply to message #794875 ]
Sat, 20 November 2021 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 November 2021 22:45

PLAY LA BAMBA

New ringtone. It just feels right. I know a song can’t make a team better, but it can connect the fans to a team. Chelsea Dagger. Gloria. Dirty Water. Viva Las Vegas. Burning Ring of Fire.

The song gives the team a relevant identity.

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794881 is a reply to message #794876 ]
Sun, 21 November 2021 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sun, 21 November 2021 00:30

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 November 2021 22:45

PLAY LA BAMBA

New ringtone. It just feels right. I know a song can’t make a team better, but it can connect the fans to a team. Chelsea Dagger. Gloria. Dirty Water. Viva Las Vegas. Burning Ring of Fire.

The song gives the team a relevant identity.

I like it!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794877 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sat, 20 November 2021 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Great game.

I won't comment on the games of all the regular stars on the team, they all played great.

Skinner looking like a keeper keeper, last 3 goals on him were low chance of stopping, screened top corner snipe by Ehlers last game, double tapped shot top corner for today's 1st goal, and the 2nd was a 2 on ZERO with goal by the second man. He's looking promising, might wind up changing Holland's plans for a goalie upgrade trade.

Broberg played like he should for his 1st NHL game, stay out of trouble, don't put yourself into danger situations, play it safe.. and he still got an assist.

McLeod learning to cycle the puck at an NHL level, more stops and starts, fewer flybys, retaining the puck much better, and really nice finish on the goal.

Impressed with Sceviour's PK work, very effective, own end, and forecheck. Key forecheck assist on Yamo's goal.

Yamo, a couple of goals recently and you see his confidence grow exponentially, playing much better, better forecheck, and great PK work.

13 and 4 baby! icon_nod

[Updated on: Sun, 21 November 2021 10:46]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794878 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sun, 21 November 2021 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Great interview of Barrie in After Hours.

Barrie's dad Len was part owner of the TB Lightening during Tyson's draft year, before the draft Tyson told his dad not to draft him, he didn't want to drafted on a team his dad owns.. draft day comes, 2nd round and its TB's pick, Tyson's dad calls him at home says Tyson is the next guy on the Lightening draft list, asks Tyson if its OK to draft him, Tyson says NO.. gets drafted by Avalanche 2 picks later.

Love that story, character guy.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794910 is a reply to message #794878 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 21 November 2021 00:04

Great interview of Barrie in After Hours.

Barrie's dad Len was part owner of the TB Lightening during Tyson's draft year, before the draft Tyson told his dad not to draft him, he didn't want to drafted on a team his dad owns.. draft day comes, 2nd round and its TB's pick, Tyson's dad calls him at home says Tyson is the next guy on the Lightening draft list, asks Tyson if its OK to draft him, Tyson says NO.. gets drafted by Avalanche 2 picks later.

Love that story, character guy.

That is a great story, I missed that. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794879 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sun, 21 November 2021 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oh another note, did anyone notice the corporate sponsor on the Chicago helmets? It said "Belle Tire", an Illinois tire company, not a major national Bank, or Financial Company .. looks like Blackhawks recent news may have deterred some large sponsors. A sports franchise in a major USA market city like Chicago usually has a bidding war looking to sponsor them.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794911 is a reply to message #794879 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 21 November 2021 01:43

Oh another note, did anyone notice the corporate sponsor on the Chicago helmets? It said "Belle Tire", an Illinois tire company, not a major national Bank, or Financial Company .. looks like Blackhawks recent news may have deterred some large sponsors. A sports franchise in a major USA market city like Chicago usually has a bidding war looking to sponsor them.

What was it prior?

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794913 is a reply to message #794911 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

NCREDiBLE wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 15:39

What was it prior?

I think it was these guys:

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/under-the-rug-floor-care-san-diego-2

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794915 is a reply to message #794913 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 17:00 Go to previous message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 15:24

NCREDiBLE wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 15:39

What was it prior?

I think it was these guys:

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/under-the-rug-floor-care-san-diego-2

Recent bidders..

https://www.northernillinoisdisposal.com/

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794914 is a reply to message #794911 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 14:39

What was it prior?

Have no idea, I'm assuming they would have attracted someone bigger profile than a local tire company, Belle Tire was only announced this September 21.. probably only sponsor they had.. and I bet Belle probably wishes they didn't after the dodo hit the fan in the national media Blackhawks are toxic as a promotional partner now.

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/articles/32468-belle-tire-b ecomes-nhl-blackhawks-helmet-sponsor

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794880 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Sun, 21 November 2021 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Just updating my alumni list with Broberg and realized with his June 2001 birthday he is the first Oiler in history to be born in the 21st century.

Feeling old yet?

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794882 is a reply to message #794880 ]
Sun, 21 November 2021 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

benv wrote on Sun, 21 November 2021 02:57

Just updating my alumni list with Broberg and realized with his June 2001 birthday he is the first Oiler in history to be born in the 21st century.

Feeling old yet?

I wasn’t but am now an old 33

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794888 is a reply to message #794871 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

It's super rare to see to a short handed goal in a game, let alone 2. Fantastic and made Chicago look bad which is never a bad thing. Seth Jones tries to be cute with a back pass, and we got a good bounce!

Yammo looked like he was getting confidence back, nice to see.

Skinner, really enjoy his game! He's showing Mikko Kostawin how to stay poised in a game. Awesome.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794889 is a reply to message #794888 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Maybe it's been just a bad run for a few years now but Seth Jones looks a lot like a bigger Barrie. Skates well, moves the puck well, can run a PP, can score some points but suspect defensively. That play on Yamo's short handed goal. WOW. If Barrie did that, people in Edmonton would be lighting torches and shining up their pitch forks. 9.5 mill hey.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2021 09:11]

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794891 is a reply to message #794889 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 09:07

Maybe it's been just a bad run for a few years now but Seth Jones looks a lot like a bigger Barrie. Skates well, moves the puck well, can run a PP, can score some points but suspect defensively. That play on Yamo's short handed goal. WOW. If Barrie did that, people in Edmonton would be lighting torches and shining up their pitch forks. 9.5 mill hey.

57% offensive zone starts for Seth. 47% Corsi and 46% high danger chances. All the offensive opportunity the coaches can give him, but defensive slacking cancelling out the good.

I think he is pretty much what people figured when he was traded/signed. I think a bigger Barrie is a pretty good comparable. But for more than double the price starting next year.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2021 10:50]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794900 is a reply to message #794891 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 09:46

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 09:07

57% offensive zone starts for Seth. 47% Corsi and 46% high danger chances. All the offensive opportunity the coaches can give him, but defensive slacking cancelling out the good.

I think he is pretty much what people figured when he was traded/signed. I think a bigger Barrie is a pretty good comparable. But for more than double the price starting next year.

I thought Jones and OEL were good bets on bounce back candidates, despite the analytics not liking them. They look to be right once again though. It’s not often that you see Norris level defenseman wash up before 30, I thought for sure it was external factors.

Hope they both make their Olympic teams.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794890 is a reply to message #794888 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 08:52

It's super rare to see to a short handed goal in a game, let alone 2. Fantastic and made Chicago look bad which is never a bad thing. Seth Jones tries to be cute with a back pass, and we got a good bounce!

Yammo looked like he was getting confidence back, nice to see.

Skinner, really enjoy his game! He's showing Mikko Kostawin how to stay poised in a game. Awesome.

The penalty kill is awesome; seems to be getting more aggressive instead of holding back. Yammo is a big part of that, and it's great to see him regain his swagger after a rough and frustrating start to the season for him.

I'm still reluctant to believe in the Oilers developing a home grown goalie, but I sure hope I'm wrong. Skinner was rock solid at the beginning of the game, at it took the wind out of Chicago's sails. Too often we have seen veteran goalies give up an early goal, and the Oilers fall behind by a couple and not get to playing on an even keel until half way through the game. Playing catch up with NHL teams is playing with fire.Skinner came through for the team right from the start, and they returned the favour.

I have more confidence in the defense than most of you, especially in the long term. Playing the young D with a veteran on each pairing was a good plan, and I thought the kids outperformed the veterans through most of the game. Broberg didn't try to do things to impress everyone. He played a steady, brilliant game.

Third line seems to be coming together, and it would be great if guys would stop getting injured. I believe in chemistry and visuals more than analytics, and want to see a group of fourth liners that can give 10-15 minutes a night doing some heavy lifting. No room for passengers on the team.

Puljujarvi is playing with so much heart and enthusiasm, but his game seems to be a little off recently. A good road trip with a couple of timely bounces would get him on the right track.

That shift in the second period was amazing. Kudos to the Chicago players who held off the Oilers somehow.

Go Oilers!!! rock rock rock

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794895 is a reply to message #794890 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 11:34

That shift in the second period was amazing. Kudos to the Chicago players who held off the Oilers somehow.

That was probably the best zone time I have ever seen a team have without getting a goal. I could not believe that the Oilers managed to maintain the zone while rolling all 4 lines. Despite all the time I think that the Oilers were still only limited to a couple of grade A chances if I remember right. Super fun to watch though.

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794899 is a reply to message #794895 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 11:29

That was probably the best zone time I have ever seen a team have without getting a goal. I could not believe that the Oilers managed to maintain the zone while rolling all 4 lines. Despite all the time I think that the Oilers were still only limited to a couple of grade A chances if I remember right. Super fun to watch though.

I was sure that Bouchard shot was in at first. Probably should have been a goal there.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17) [message #794906 is a reply to message #794895 ]
Mon, 22 November 2021 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 22 November 2021 10:29

Those two Hawk D-men will have that entire video clip on their phones for all time!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #18)
Next Topic:GDT: Chicago @ Edmonton (Game #17)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca