This day on March 29
None

Happy Birthday To: SMURDS, JRock71, Cpt Waffle, TexasOiler, Morgan99

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794261]
Thu, 11 November 2021 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Boston to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794269 is a reply to message #794261 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

10-2-0?!??!

https://c.tenor.com/TipSEt5gVSMAAAAC/o-my-god-omg.gif

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794271 is a reply to message #794269 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

“Better late than never” was the theme of tonight’s game. A win is a win, especially after that night in Detroit.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794273 is a reply to message #794271 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Phew!

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794274 is a reply to message #794261 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

If you break up the 3-goal lead into three 1-goal leads, it's much more manageable.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794275 is a reply to message #794261 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GREAT game by both Ceci and that youngster D. Keith! icon_nod

Poetic win. Freaking stripes were at it again, blatant non-calls on McD, not missed, but clear decisions to ignore. Right in front of them, with clear views, penalties not even debatable. Penalty clips you'd likely see in a "Refereeing for Dummies" "how-to" video.
Can't even say its just a couple of bad refs either, there's too many doing the same thing, too often. That 1st power play goal for Boston where Hyman is clearly tripped by Bergeron at the face off circle to take him out of the play, was right in front of the ref, leads to an odd-man advantage and a subsequent goal, again right in front of the ref. NHL refereeing is bush, CHL refs are better. Don't know how McD hasn't lost it yet.

But despite the stacked deck, Oilers again overcome.
LD on fire!
McD best player in the universe.
Koski making a top ten save with his skate on Pasternacker, beauty!
Hyman is best free agent signing in some time, brings it every shift, fast, snipe shot, tough.. he's a beaut.
McD taking out Marchant near the end of the game was pretty sweet after Marchant dove to draw 2 penalties.

Yamo trying hard but against bigger teams he struggles to really get anything done.. he's value on the PK though.

Strong games by both Bouchard and Nurse. Bouchard especially strong offensively, he's starting to feel it. icon_nod

KooKoo and Barry still struggled, although those penalties on KooKoo were pretty weak, especially the one where Marchant spun around and tripped over his leg. Can you imagine if McD got calls like that, he would be over 250 pts a year.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2021 20:19]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794280 is a reply to message #794275 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I can’t stop complaining about the refs. My god it was bad. The calls for Boston, the non calls on the Oilers, especially on McDavid.

The broadcast crew are starting to point it out with some regularity. Some in Toronto are even starting to talk about it (against McDavid specifically). We can only hope it gets loud enough that the league is forced to take action. We don’t need preferential treatment, just call the infractions.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794284 is a reply to message #794280 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Mike wrote on Thu, 11 November 2021 21:31

I can’t stop complaining about the refs. My god it was bad. The calls for Boston, the non calls on the Oilers, especially on McDavid.

The broadcast crew are starting to point it out with some regularity. Some in Toronto are even starting to talk about it (against McDavid specifically). We can only hope it gets loud enough that the league is forced to take action. We don’t need preferential treatment, just call the infractions.

Plain as day, really.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794286 is a reply to message #794280 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

That's the Oilers plan no doubt. They're all scared to take a fine or ruffle feathers, so they ask Louie to complain about it on the broadcast and then are shocked, SHOCKED when that doesn't bring about change.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794289 is a reply to message #794286 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 01:41

That's the Oilers plan no doubt. They're all scared to take a fine or ruffle feathers, so they ask Louie to complain about it on the broadcast and then are shocked, SHOCKED when that doesn't bring about change.

You hear MacT? He was a lot less subtle about it. I always enjoyed MacT interviews. Really enjoying him on these broadcasts.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794297 is a reply to message #794289 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tortorella saying that:

A) McDavid needs to understand he won't get the calls in the playoffs
B) He thinks McDavid complained about that last year and he needs to shut up
C) He believes McDavid needs to change his game and be more "business-like" in order to be successful in the playoffs.

I mean, what the hell is he talking about. That's a guy who isn't paying attention. McDavid doesn't get the calls in the regular season either now, so it's not like it's going to be that much different apparently. He has not complained to the media about penalties. He probably should have by now. And what the hell does it mean to be more business like about getting fouled???

I was pretty irritated watching that clip.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794307 is a reply to message #794297 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 08:36

Tortorella saying that:

C) He believes McDavid needs to change his game and be more "business-like" in order to be successful in the playoffs.

I mean, what the hell is he talking about. That's a guy who isn't paying attention. McDavid doesn't get the calls in the regular season either now, so it's not like it's going to be that much different apparently. He has not complained to the media about penalties. He probably should have by now. And what the hell does it mean to be more business like about getting fouled???

Does John Tortorella ever wonder why every piece of talent not named Zack Werenski left under him in Columbus?

Panarin, Bobrovsky, Jones, and Duchene all left under him.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794311 is a reply to message #794307 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 10:14

Tortorella saying that:

Does John Tortorella ever wonder why every piece of talent not named Zack Werenski left under him in Columbus?

All I ask is that you get your facts straight before you run your mouth. Find me where McDavid publicly challenged the refs. It hasn't happened. It probably should have by now, but it isn't there.

And maybe focus on the fact that the league should actually call real penalties, instead of just saying that star players just need to deal with it!

Just a stupid stupid comment.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794313 is a reply to message #794311 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 12:16

Tortorella saying that:

All I ask is that you get your facts straight before you run your mouth. Find me where McDavid publicly challenged the refs. It hasn't happened. It probably should have by now, but it isn't there.

And maybe focus on the fact that the league should actually call real penalties, instead of just saying that star players just need to deal with it!

I didn’t see/hear his comments direct from him, just read the quotes and some reaction to them.

I don’t think he intended it to come across as be more business like about getting fouled. I think he meant it as a more general statement of take care of what you can in all areas of the ice.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794314 is a reply to message #794313 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 11:40

Tortorella saying that:

I didn’t see/hear his comments direct from him, just read the quotes and some reaction to them.

I don’t think he intended it to come across as be more business like about getting fouled. I think he meant it as a more general statement of take care of what you can in all areas of the ice.

Watch the clip. It's not vague at all:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1458930521271148545?s=20

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794315 is a reply to message #794314 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 10:43

Tortorella saying that:

Unfortunately, I think Tortorella's attitude is shared by the majority of the league including (especially), Colin Campbell and the DOPS.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794319 is a reply to message #794315 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 12:41

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 10:43

Tortorella saying that:

Unfortunately, I think Tortorella's attitude is shared by the majority of the league including (especially), Colin Campbell and the DOPS.

If I was Holland or Tippett and I was calling it out, I'd mention specifically that for a league who wants to grow their gambling revenue, having refs deciding whether to call penalties or not based on time of year or potency of powerplay seems a really stupid idea.

It would get a harsh reaction from the league. Probably a fine and a call to retract. But it would be a phenomenal shot across the bow and I think it would be effective. We'd probably get more penalties too, but as someone was saying recently, giving the difference in powerplay efficiency, that's in our favour if it's 4 or 5 penalties a side each game for a while.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794328 is a reply to message #794319 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 12:23

If I was Holland or Tippett and I was calling it out, I'd mention specifically that for a league who wants to grow their gambling revenue, having refs deciding whether to call penalties or not based on time of year or potency of powerplay seems a really stupid idea.

It would get a harsh reaction from the league. Probably a fine and a call to retract. But it would be a phenomenal shot across the bow and I think it would be effective. We'd probably get more penalties too, but as someone was saying recently, giving the difference in powerplay efficiency, that's in our favour if it's 4 or 5 penalties a side each game for a while.

Refs are effectively loading the dice in the NHL's daily game of craps.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794334 is a reply to message #794328 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 16:57 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 16:19

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 12:23

Refs are effectively loading the dice in the NHL's daily game of craps.

Exactly.

You bet the Over on an Oilers game, the refs turn a blind eye to several blatant trips, while the Oilers have a 50% powerplay right now...you miss the over...how is that not score manipulation by the refs???

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794321 is a reply to message #794297 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 November 2021 09:36

Tortorella saying that:

McDavid is the most business-like top player in the league. Dude is constantly fighting through every infraction. Players that draw the most calls are serial divers and whiners.

Torts is so full of crap on this take.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794325 is a reply to message #794321 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I’ve never seen so much from the media on the non-calls as I’ve seen today.

Tortorella maybe did us a favour. Seravalli tweeting how ridiculous the take is, every beat reporter is talking/writing about non-calls, Connor’s agent complaining on twitter…

We can hope.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794327 is a reply to message #794297 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Tortorella saying that:

Tortorella is a clown, always has been, his entire schtick is contrived controversy.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794277 is a reply to message #794261 ]
Thu, 11 November 2021 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hey could it be that McDavid doesn't get calls because NHL management betting the under on McDavid's game points ? :)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 November 2021 21:12]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Boston (Game #12) [message #794290 is a reply to message #794261 ]
Fri, 12 November 2021 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

It's awesome to see that we are first in the division with the least number of games played out of everyone in the division.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #13)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #13)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca