This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791915]
Sat, 18 September 2021 10:16 Go to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Jason Gregor @JasonGregor
Yamamoto signs one year deal at $1.175m AAV, which is same AAV as Puljujarvi. #Oilers. Both will be RFAs at end of season.

Don't think he got any offer sheets. Being small will always work against him for teams not already loyal, and, well, he had 2 bad playoffs and a bad season since his breakout 2 months with Nuge/Drai to start his career.

Can expect him to be pretty motivated this season.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2021 10:23]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791916 is a reply to message #791915 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

The sky stopped falling. Signed for what he’s currently worth. Time for him to put up or shut up. He should be given every opportunity to earn more money on his next deal.

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791918 is a reply to message #791915 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 10:16

Expected him to be pretty motivated last season; given every opportunity playing alongside Leon, contract year...

Team can elevate a guy but can he elevate himself? We’ll see.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791919 is a reply to message #791915 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Man, screw this organization. They couldn’t get that contract for $10,000 less?

What an inept organization. Terrible off season again, for the 17th season in a row.

Why do I even bother writing multiple pages of facts why the Oilers management is terrible for all these years. It’s just going to happen again next year.

Holland overpayed every signing again. Thanks to every person who reports the Oilers to the media for being a company shill.

And the Covid rules? Literally Nazi Germany. Oilers hate freedom.

God Bless, but not all of you just the people I like.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791920 is a reply to message #791919 ]
Sat, 18 September 2021 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 11:54

Man, screw this organization. They couldn’t get that contract for $10,000 less?

What an inept organization. Terrible off season again, for the 17th season in a row.

Why do I even bother writing multiple pages of facts why the Oilers management is terrible for all these years. It’s just going to happen again next year.

Holland overpayed every signing again. Thanks to every person who reports the Oilers to the media for being a company shill.

And the Covid rules? Literally Nazi Germany. Oilers hate freedom.

God Bless, but not all of you just the people I like.

Never seen so much truth in one post

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #791940 is a reply to message #791915 ]
Mon, 20 September 2021 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Yamamoto signs one year deal at $1.175m AAV, which is same AAV as Puljujarvi. #Oilers. Both will be RFAs at end of season.

Don't think he got any offer sheets. Being small will always work against him for teams not already loyal, and, well, he had 2 bad playoffs and a bad season since his breakout 2 months with Nuge/Drai to start his career.

I always think about things like offer sheets and trades as if I was a fan of another team or the player is not an Oiler. If Yamo was on another team and the Oilers announced that they offered sheeted Yamo for a contract that paid him 3 mill over X amount of years, would I have been happy and thought it was a good idea? Absolutely not. I like him, I have high hopes for him but he is very undersized, only has a 26 game run 2 seasons ago where he looked like he maybe could be a top 6 guy and he's coming off a lousy year and playoffs where he was playing almost exclusively with Leon, who last season was the current MVP and scoring champ and all he could muster was a just over 30 pts pace season and scored 1 goal in 25 games. I wouldn't pay much for a guy like that if he was a UFA.

In my opinion, he got what he should get which is what JP was making.

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #792043 is a reply to message #791940 ]
Tue, 21 September 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 20 September 2021 08:22

I always think about things like offer sheets and trades as if I was a fan of another team or the player is not an Oiler. If Yamo was on another team and the Oilers announced that they offered sheeted Yamo for a contract that paid him 3 mill over X amount of years, would I have been happy and thought it was a good idea? Absolutely not. I like him, I have high hopes for him but he is very undersized, only has a 26 game run 2 seasons ago where he looked like he maybe could be a top 6 guy and he's coming off a lousy year and playoffs where he was playing almost exclusively with Leon, who last season was the current MVP and scoring champ and all he could muster was a just over 30 pts pace season and scored 1 goal in 25 games. I wouldn't pay much for a guy like that if he was a UFA.

In my opinion, he got what he should get which is what JP was making.

I agree he got paid what he deserves and I also was not worried about an offer sheet. He’s far from can’t miss, but that run he had looked like he was a star in the making. Still haven’t given up on the kid. I hope he pots the missed opportunities this year. I don’t how we can afford him if he does break out though. Same for JP.

Re: Yamamoto signs - 1 year x 1.175M [message #792045 is a reply to message #792043 ]
Wed, 22 September 2021 05:32 Go to previous message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 22 September 2021 01:53

I agree he got paid what he deserves and I also was not worried about an offer sheet. He’s far from can’t miss, but that run he had looked like he was a star in the making. Still haven’t given up on the kid. I hope he pots the missed opportunities this year. I don’t how we can afford him if he does break out though. Same for JP.

It's a valid concern. Other years there was always some low hanging fruit like Russeel's $4M+, Neal, and whatever, but looking at it now, there's not much. Koskinen's $4.5 comes off, but I have to hope we will be spending around that much on an actual goalie at some point. Maybe Keith and his $5.5M retire? Trade Kassian? There's no easy way to give a huge raise to JP or Yamomoto, let alone both.

Also, that $4.166 in dead space really sucks. That's 5% of our cap gone.

Previous Topic:Chiarelli Fired
Next Topic:Holloway Out 3 months
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca