This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes.
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785940]
Sat, 22 May 2021 21:19 Go to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oilfriends, we've had a tough few day. It's true. I did not expect the Oilers to be caught in this sort of rut. Admittedly being down two games with only 1 goal is not a great place to be heading out on the road, but tomorrow will be a good day.

According to my phone the weather for tomorrow, the sunday of a long weekend, will be 20 degrees and sunny. Whether you're at home because of a work situation or sitting half drunk in a campground near Whitecourt THAT is a good forecast. Should you be fortunate enough to have the weekend off you'll have had a full day and a half (of beautiful weather) to get your weekend chores done. Plant your flowers, take the kids to the park, hang a shelf, do some school work (you poor unfortunate summer students). It doesn't matter what you have to do, you have the time to do it. By the time 5:30 comes around, you'll be ready.

Ready for what? Well, I've got a growler of Odd Company chilling in the fridge as we speak. Oh yes, it's calling to me. It wants me and it wants me now. But you know what? That delicious beer will have to wait until I'm good and ready for it. And I'll be ready for it when my steaks are done. I've got a ribeye from a cow I bought that I've just been waiting for the right time. That time is tomorrow and the sauce is going to be mushrooms sautéed in red wine. I'm taking my beer and my steak and my sautéed mushrooms and sitting my chore-free butt on the couch. I might get a bag of chips for later. Dunno, but it'll be my choice.

I'm going to sit on my couch and drink my beer and eat my steak and watch the best player on the planet play the best sport ever conceived. And that player is going to be in a bad mood. Connor McDavid is going to have to leave his giant house and lovely fiancé to fly to freaking Winnipeg. Winnipeg. Ugh. Gate 31A was going to Hawaii and Gate 31B is going to Winnipeg. Ugh. Going to Winnipeg. Never mind the implausibility of flights to Winnipeg and Hawaii departing from adjacent gates in 2005, think about the implausibility of Connor McDavid going three games without a point in the playoffs. Think about what he's going to do to keep the impossible impossible.

We're going to get to watch that guy in that situation play hockey on a beautiful long weekend Sunday in the most comfortable seat in the house with all of our chores done. Life is good my friends and it's time to start enjoying the ride. The past is the past. The last 20 years. The last 2 games. The past. Let's leave them where they belong. Right now? Right now we've got 20 hours to prepare.

This is the energy the universe is sending my way and I'm sending it right back to the universe.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785943 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sat, 22 May 2021 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 22 May 2021 21:19

Oilfriends, we've had a tough few day. It's true. I did not expect the Oilers to be caught in this sort of rut. Admittedly being down two games with only 1 goal is not a great place to be heading out on the road, but tomorrow will be a good day.

According to my phone the weather for tomorrow, the sunday of a long weekend, will be 20 degrees and sunny. Whether you're at home because of a work situation or sitting half drunk in a campground near Whitecourt THAT is a good forecast. Should you be fortunate enough to have the weekend off you'll have had a full day and a half (of beautiful weather) to get your weekend chores done. Plant your flowers, take the kids to the park, hang a shelf, do some school work (you poor unfortunate summer students). It doesn't matter what you have to do, you have the time to do it. By the time 5:30 comes around, you'll be ready.

Ready for what? Well, I've got a growler of Odd Company chilling in the fridge as we speak. Oh yes, it's calling to me. It wants me and it wants me now. But you know what? That delicious beer will have to wait until I'm good and ready for it. And I'll be ready for it when my steaks are done. I've got a ribeye from a cow I bought that I've just been waiting for the right time. That time is tomorrow and the sauce is going to be mushrooms sautéed in red wine. I'm taking my beer and my steak and my sautéed mushrooms and sitting my chore-free butt on the couch. I might get a bag of chips for later. Dunno, but it'll be my choice.

I'm going to sit on my couch and drink my beer and eat my steak and watch the best player on the planet play the best sport ever conceived. And that player is going to be in a bad mood. Connor McDavid is going to have to leave his giant house and lovely fiancé to fly to freaking Winnipeg. Winnipeg. Ugh. Gate 31A was going to Hawaii and Gate 31B is going to Winnipeg. Ugh. Going to Winnipeg. Never mind the implausibility of flights to Winnipeg and Hawaii departing from adjacent gates in 2005, think about the implausibility of Connor McDavid going three games without a point in the playoffs. Think about what he's going to do to keep the impossible impossible.

We're going to get to watch that guy in that situation play hockey on a beautiful long weekend Sunday in the most comfortable seat in the house with all of our chores done. Life is good my friends and it's time to start enjoying the ride. The past is the past. The last 20 years. The last 2 games. The past. Let's leave them where they belong. Right now? Right now we've got 20 hours to prepare.

This is the energy the universe is sending my way and I'm sending it right back to the universe.

I'm with ya Pi, and hope the rest of the guys are truly pissy about heading to the Peg down 2 nil, and start getting this series straightened out.

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785945 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sat, 22 May 2021 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785946 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 22 May 2021 20:19

Beautiful post Pi.
I'm knocking off the rearview mirror, side mirrors too, looking straight ahead!
In McDavid I trust! icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785948 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

I’m amped up after reading this... I’m going streaking, I’m going up the quad to the gymnasium!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785949 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

I was feeling pretty down on it all yesterday, but this rejuvenated me. You’re right, Connor’s pissed. No way he’s off the score sheet tonight. You predicted my day today pretty solidly too haha (garden, picnic, game). It will be a good day!

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785980 is a reply to message #785940 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Alrighty. Did enough outdoors and with friends/family for now. All ready to be super f-in pissed (off)!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Tomorrow will be a good day. Oh yes. [message #785981 is a reply to message #785980 ]
Sun, 23 May 2021 17:15 Go to previous message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 23 May 2021 17:02

Alrighty. Did enough outdoors and with friends/family for now. All ready to be super f-in pissed (off)!

LFG KR!!!!! LFG OILERS!!!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #3)
Next Topic:Pregame: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca