This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785207]
Sat, 15 May 2021 16:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785211 is a reply to message #785207 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Get us the heck outta there.

https://i.imgur.com/y1y3CfO.gif

Hopefully they have forgotten about this game already

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785212 is a reply to message #785207 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Meh - meaningless game with nothing to play for. The team played like it was pond hockey. Their goalie was better.

Now on to the next one.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785217 is a reply to message #785207 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

That seals it.. Koskinen needs to be off this roster next year.. Buy. Out.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785220 is a reply to message #785217 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 16:44

That seals it.. Koskinen needs to be off this roster next year.. Buy. Out.

3M savings. Unfortunately we probably just give all that to Smith icon_wink

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785221 is a reply to message #785207 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Wait, there was a game today? Someone forgot to tell Koskinen, he forgot his glove again.

I’m 100% on board with them letting the top pp unit to spend 2 hours going 5 v 0 against Stalock to get him ready to be Smith’s backup.

There’s no confidence in Koskinen. He stinks. Put a fork him in. He’s done.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785225 is a reply to message #785221 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 17:01

Wait, there was a game today? Someone forgot to tell Koskinen, he forgot his glove again.

I’m 100% on board with them letting the top pp unit to spend 2 hours going 5 v 0 against Stalock to get him ready to be Smith’s backup.

Put Chiasson in net!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785226 is a reply to message #785225 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 17:55

Put Chiasson in net!

I vote we dress Russell as the playoff backup. The only redeeming qualities his fan club can bring up are his toughness and shot blocking. Toss the big pads on him and he can sit on the bench. If the worst case scenario happens and Smith gets hurt Russell cant be a worse option.

Smith is almost as important a piece to stay healthy in the playoffs as McDavid.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785227 is a reply to message #785226 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 18:02

Put Chiasson in net!

I vote we dress Russell as the playoff backup. The only redeeming qualities his fan club can bring up are his toughness and shot blocking. Toss the big pads on him and he can sit on the bench. If the worst case scenario happens and Smith gets hurt Russell cant be a worse option.

Smith is almost as important a piece to stay healthy in the playoffs as McDavid.

Arguably more important. Which drop off is further? McDavid to Draisaitl or Smith to Koskinen?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785228 is a reply to message #785227 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 19:33

Put Chiasson in net!

Arguably more important. Which drop off is further? McDavid to Draisaitl or Smith to Koskinen?

Smith to Koskinen. Though, I’d argue the drop off isn’t as far Smith to Stalock. “BuT sTaLoCk HaSn’T pLaYeD a GaMe ThIs SeAsOn”... but Patrick Russell played 8, and Stuart Skinner played (and won) one.

How big of a fail was it to let Alex Nedeljkovic slip through waivers after losing Forsberg? Dude has been legit with Carolina this season. Yes. Yes. Carolina is a good team. Dude went 15-5-3 with a 1.90 GAA and .932%.

Dream scenario; Make a deal with Seattle to take Koskinen. Though, I still think Buffalo is where he’d land.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785230 is a reply to message #785228 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 20:08

Put Chiasson in net!

Smith to Koskinen. Though, I’d argue the drop off isn’t as far Smith to Stalock. “BuT sTaLoCk HaSn’T pLaYeD a GaMe ThIs SeAsOn”... but Patrick Russell played 8, and Stuart Skinner played (and won) one.

How big of a fail was it to let Alex Nedeljkovic slip through waivers after losing Forsberg? Dude has been legit with Carolina this season. Yes. Yes. Carolina is a good team. Dude went 15-5-3 with a 1.90 GAA and .932%.

Dream scenario; Make a deal with Seattle to take Koskinen. Though, I still think Buffalo is where he’d land.

Will Stalock ever play a games for us?

Sucks how little I trust this orgs ability to scout, develop or manage goalies. It's a massive blind spot this org has carried for some time now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785232 is a reply to message #785230 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 20:18

Put Chiasson in net!

Sucks how little I trust this orgs ability to scout, develop or manage goalies. It's a massive blind spot this org has carried for some time now.

Well, he’s still under contract next season. I would think he’s got a good shot to be Schmiddy’s backup next season, if not sooner (seriously... Koskinen has 0 confidence). Can’t imagine Seattle taking Stalock, heck he may be the one the Oilers protect. There’s no way they protect Koskinen. If they do... holy schamoly. That window the Edmonton media clowns spoke about for next season slams shut.

I have some faith the little Russian could be something for us. Skinner had a good season in the A after his 10 game benching and 1 (winning, tho horrific) start up here.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785238 is a reply to message #785232 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 20:30

Put Chiasson in net!

Well, he’s still under contract next season. I would think he’s got a good shot to be Schmiddy’s backup next season, if not sooner (seriously... Koskinen has 0 confidence). Can’t imagine Seattle taking Stalock, heck he may be the one the Oilers protect. There’s no way they protect Koskinen. If they do... holy schamoly. That window the Edmonton media clowns spoke about for next season slams shut.

I have some faith the little Russian could be something for us. Skinner had a good season in the A after his 10 game benching and 1 (winning, tho horrific) start up here.

I'm curious if this org even thinks Stalock is an NHLer. He has more games in the NHL than Kostko, but not even giving him 1 bit of ice time. Wonder if he just ends up on waivers next pre-season and the NHL if he clears.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785239 is a reply to message #785232 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Put Chiasson in net!

Love the idea that our Russian goalie pick works out, but he's pretty small. Pretty much the only goalie that size in the NHL is Halak. It'll be interesting to see if the Oilers trust it - even if his numbers are good. Very few have had much faith in Halak through his career, despite the fact he's been really good everywhere.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785240 is a reply to message #785239 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 20:48

Put Chiasson in net!

Love the idea that our Russian goalie pick works out, but he's pretty small. Pretty much the only goalie that size in the NHL is Halak. It'll be interesting to see if the Oilers trust it - even if his numbers are good. Very few have had much faith in Halak through his career, despite the fact he's been really good everywhere.

If he’s Halak, I think that’s a pretty good win.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785241 is a reply to message #785228 ]
Sat, 15 May 2021 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 15 May 2021 19:08

Put Chiasson in net!

Yeah Holland pooched that one..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785243 is a reply to message #785228 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Put Chiasson in net!

What would be the evidentiary basis of the comparative dropoff between Smith and Stalock, as compared to Smith and Koskinen? It's a mystery as he hasn't been seen as an Oiler in any kind of game as the 3rd tender. Koskinen has managed .900 and a .500 record. Tip knows by divination, I guess.....maybe renowned goalie whisperer Dustin Schwartz says it's so. My concern is that there have been opportunities and situations where he could start, but hasn't had a minute this season, and it's not out of the question he might be required to have important minutes in the playoffs. If Koskinen and Smith were actually in a duel for the net, it might not be as much of a concern.....but to me it's shocking that going into the playoffs Stalock hasn't seen a minute all year, let alone as an Oiler. Oh, and eff Chiarelli.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785245 is a reply to message #785243 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

We know how to deal with Koskinen now. You just can’t overplay him. Or let him sit and get rusty. Or allow the game’s first shot. Or anything gloveside. Check all those boxes and you have a capable backup.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785247 is a reply to message #785245 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 09:07

We know how to deal with Koskinen now. You just can’t overplay him. Or let him sit and get rusty. Or allow the game’s first shot. Or anything gloveside. Check all those boxes and you have a capable backup.

Give him a game every 12-14 days, have Nurse rip a soft one at his chest after Leon wins the opening draw and tie his glove hand to the crossbar.

Oscar’s Recipe for Koskinen’s Success.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785250 is a reply to message #785247 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 09:54

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 09:07

Give him a game every 12-14 days, have Nurse rip a soft one at his chest after Leon wins the opening draw and tie his glove hand to the crossbar.

Oscar’s Recipe for Koskinen’s Success.

.. I think you may have something there! icon_nod

.. or at least tie a bungee cord to it!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46) [message #785251 is a reply to message #785247 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 12:20 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Totally useless game. I would havew preferred they not play at all. I was just praying no one got hurt or that the Canucks decided to run around trying to beat up people. Thankfully it wasn't overly physical and no one got hurt.

To me it looked like the Oilers came to play a little bit, not full out but a little in the first and second just to make sure things felt good with the puck. When the Oilers pressed, Demko was absolutely unbelievable. Diving across, completely laid out to stop a cross crease one timer. The one where he went post to post and at the last second flipped his leg up to stop the one timer has to make some save of the year highlight shows. That was insane!

I thought in the 3rd, the Oilers just went into cruise control and just wanted to get the game over with.

McD played on 16:12 with 5:33 being PP or the tail end of a PK. So he played barely 10 1/2 mins 5 on 5. Leon was 16:50 with just over 11 mins 5 on 5. So they weren't exactly going for it.

I thought Koekkoek for his first game back in many months looked pretty solid.

Previous Topic:Kulikov for a Conditional 4th
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #46)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca