This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784793]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Montreal to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784801 is a reply to message #784793 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

I will never get tired of seeing Connor win games in OT. 3-on-3 is his world.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784822 is a reply to message #784801 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Lehkonen's goal was ridiculously bad.

Koski flaps his wings at a non-threatening, bad angle shot and missed it completely. It's crazy that the guys stats are as good as they are. The goals he gives up are just so notoriously bad.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784802 is a reply to message #784793 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Really hoping they can take out the Habs in regulation next game to clinch a meeting with the Jets.....

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784803 is a reply to message #784793 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

The perfect result. Got the W. And ended the dreams of the fLames

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784805 is a reply to message #784803 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Just mentioned it in the GDT, but we really need to get Stalock into a game before the playoffs start. We cannot have Koskinen on the bench.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784807 is a reply to message #784805 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 19:40

Just mentioned it in the GDT, but we really need to get Stalock into a game before the playoffs start. We cannot have Koskinen on the bench.

They could just alternate back-ups? What could go wrong?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784808 is a reply to message #784807 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 18:43

As long as one of our defensemen don't take out our starting goalie, I'm thinking we'll be OK .. ;)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784811 is a reply to message #784807 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 22:43

Thanks for your post. I think I just developed a twitch. Suppressed memories or something maybe?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784812 is a reply to message #784811 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 19:52

Thanks for your post. I think I just developed a twitch. Suppressed memories or something maybe?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Older goalie, playing well, backup doesn't exist. If one of our D fall anywhere near Smith in the playoffs I might have a stroke.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784817 is a reply to message #784812 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 22:55

I was thinking the exact same thing. Older goalie, playing well, backup doesn't exist. If one of our D fall anywhere near Smith in the playoffs I might have a stroke.

Kidding aside, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Maybe with Jussi on the bench in game 1, we have 6 Cups.

Our position is set, I don’t see any harm in giving Stalock a game. What’s he gonna do? Let in the first 5 shots he faces? At least see what we have there, small sample size be damned.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784827 is a reply to message #784817 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 20:42

Kidding aside, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Maybe with Jussi on the bench in game 1, we have 6 Cups.

Our position is set, I don’t see any harm in giving Stalock a game. What’s he gonna do? Let in the first 5 shots he faces? At least see what we have there, small sample size be damned.

Media have asked that question a lot of times, so I can't see Tippett playing Stalock ever. He really hates to get questioned on roster choices. Just makes him dead set against giving in.

Watch him play Smith in both the games before the playoffs now.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784837 is a reply to message #784827 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 01:32

Media have asked that question a lot of times, so I can't see Tippett playing Stalock ever. He really hates to get questioned on roster choices. Just makes him dead set against giving in.

Stalock AND Bouchard. That one is even more puzzling to me. He had brought more to this team in each of his outings than at least a few of the regulars and has really not been an adventure in his own end. A couple of miscues to be sure, but count me in as a fan - he exceeded my expectations each time out. I really can't rationalize him not being there every night. There is not a single thing Russell, Jones, or Lagesson bring that Bouchard doesn't, except better. And though Bear has looked better of late, I think Bouchard was at least as good as Bear has been in each of his games.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784843 is a reply to message #784837 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 09:17 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 08:24

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 01:32

Stalock AND Bouchard. That one is even more puzzling to me. He had brought more to this team in each of his outings than at least a few of the regulars and has really not been an adventure in his own end. A couple of miscues to be sure, but count me in as a fan - he exceeded my expectations each time out. I really can't rationalize him not being there every night. There is not a single thing Russell, Jones, or Lagesson bring that Bouchard doesn't, except better. And though Bear has looked better of late, I think Bouchard was at least as good as Bear has been in each of his games.

I think Larsson could easily be sat down for a couple games too. Physical style is wearing, and he could use the rest. Besides, while Lou & Jack sung his praises last night on first the off-side goal, and then on the breakaway - he got beat for the goal on the first, and allowed the breakaway on the second. Good recovery when he got beat, and good active stick definitely helped push the first off-side, but it's not like his game is bulletproof right now.

Fact is, Bouchard hasn't looked like a guy who's going to cost you games when he's in, so why not play him.

I can get Stalock to a point - he hasn't seen a game since last season, so what are you going to get from him? But even so - that last game against Vancouver means exactly nothing. Why not get him a little action. I mean, we put Stuart Skinner in a game earlier this year...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784810 is a reply to message #784805 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Thought Koskinen played pretty well tonight...up until that 3rd goal. That was awful. Sloppy game all around really - you could tell most of them were just going through the paces. End result was exactly what I was hoping for though.

Really hoping the Jets can turn things around vs the nucks as I do not want to be playing Montreal in the first round.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784806 is a reply to message #784793 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Koskinen seems to have the reaction time of a piece of construction grade plywood, I don't think he sees the puck very well, primarily depends on positioning

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784814 is a reply to message #784806 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twilson1111  is currently offline twilson1111

No Cups

Rumor has it he's fairly tall, and that means he has a big body, so why move around?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784824 is a reply to message #784814 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

twilson1111 wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 20:16

Rumor has it he's fairly tall, and that means he has a big body, so why move around?

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that Koskinen wasn't trying on that last goal. It went in and it looked like he nodded to someone. I mean, if I had the chance to say FU to the Flames, I wouldn't try too hard in that situation either. He's usually strong on that side. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Plus after the 3rd MTL goal, Chaisson forced a turnover on the forecheck, then gave up and turned around and skated to the middle-of-the-blueline trap position. Both teams started skating like there was molasses on the ice too. The perfect outcome for both teams was had.

Now, I didn't see anyone on a grassy knoll and I don't think the refs were from the Pennsylvania Electoral Commission, but I do think that third period played out pretty WWE. Which, I don't really have any issues with! Wave Towel

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784836 is a reply to message #784824 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Nice to see the DRY line produce a goal. I am glad Nuge scored as they need to get him going.

I don't think they were pushing as hard as they would if the game meant anything which I am fine with. They backed the mins off for McD and Leon a bit which is good.

I am still worried about the Jones and Bear pairing especially Jones.

Neall is starting to look better and better each game. 2 goals in his last 6. Maybe he can help them in the playoffs as the style of game will better suit him.

Habs still getting away with a ton but that won't change anytime soon I guess.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36) [message #784838 is a reply to message #784836 ]
Tue, 11 May 2021 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 11 May 2021 11:15

Neall is starting to look better and better each game. 2 goals in his last 6. Maybe he can help them in the playoffs as the style of game will better suit him.

Agreed on Neal - I thought he had a really strong game, goal or not. They created a lot of chanced in the Habs end, and managed to not get pinned down in their own end, which is usually the bigger problem.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #37)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca