This day on April 17
None

Happy Birthday To: blackgold, Doug, M00se, taisuke, oilfan2523, OilFans, EDM_oilfan6690, Darcy_183, tgdoctor

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784529]
Thu, 06 May 2021 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784533 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Go oilers

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784534 is a reply to message #784533 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 22:05

Go oilers

Is that you Sam?

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784550 is a reply to message #784534 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

welcometotheOC wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 22:12

Go oilers

Is that you Sam?

I just hope that sam is out there somewhere.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784551 is a reply to message #784550 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 09:19

Go oilers

Is that you Sam?

Think Sam only comes to try to save us when we are truely in the dumps. Just clinched a playoff spot. His help is better used elsewhere in the world for now.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784558 is a reply to message #784551 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 09:23

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 09:19

Go oilers

Is that you Sam?

Think Sam only comes to try to save us when we are truely in the dumps. Just clinched a playoff spot. His help is better used elsewhere in the world for now.

So Sam is like the Oilfans superhero?

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784535 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just FYI, since records are fun

Steven Psihogios @StevenPsihogios

Mikko Koskinen is the 1st goalie to earn 0 saves on 4+ shot attempts since Washington Capitals goalie Don Beaupre did so on November 24, 1989.

He is the 3rd goalie to earn 0 saves on 4+ shot attempts since the NHL began tracking saves during the 1955-56 season. #LetsGoOilers

Here are the stat lines from the other two netminders, Beaupre and Dan Bouchard. 0-for-4 is a universally bad line regardless of the sport you play.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0wHQi_WEAAHIJt?format=jpg&name=medium

McDavid with 12 points in his last 12 periods too. Had a 15 points in 15 periods run right before on pointless game vs the Lames on April 29th.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2021 22:34]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784538 is a reply to message #784535 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Not to excuse Kostawin at all, but the team in front of him coulda showed up. They looked lazy and content.
That Mikko cats is a trip man

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784541 is a reply to message #784538 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 00:10

Not to excuse Kostawin at all, but the team in front of him coulda showed up. They looked lazy and content.
That Mikko cats is a trip man

They weren’t exactly giving up grade A opportunities. Two of them were tough saves, but I feel Smith would have had all of them.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784583 is a reply to message #784535 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 22:27

Mikko Koskinen is the 1st goalie to earn 0 saves on 4+ shot attempts since Washington Capitals goalie Don Beaupre did so on November 24, 1989.

He is the 3rd goalie to earn 0 saves on 4+ shot attempts since the NHL began tracking saves during the 1955-56 season. #LetsGoOilers

Here are the stat lines from the other two netminders, Beaupre and Dan Bouchard. 0-for-4 is a universally bad line regardless of the sport you play.

McDavid with 12 points in his last 12 periods too. Had a 15 points in 15 periods run right before on pointless game vs the Lames on April 29th.

So I was browsing the stats page and noticed Koskinen's crappy performance last night reduced his save% to 0.900. This got me thinking that if a typical goalie stops 1 out of 10 shots, then the probability of letting in four consecutive goals on any four consecutive shots is 1/10000. So in any game the probability that a goalie WON'T let in the first 4 shots is 0.9999. Thus in a typical year of 1230 games the probability of this never happening is 0.9999^2460 = 78%. So the probability of a goalie letting in the first four goals happening during a season would be about 22%. So it should happen about once every five years.

My point is, it seems odd that this happens so rarely. Even if I increase the sv% to 0.910, it would be about 15%.

I wonder if the research above was for a single goalie. I'm guessing most goalies who let in the first three goals are pulled, and thus don't have the opportunity to let in the fourth. I wonder if we looked for a TEAM getting scored on in the first four shots we would find more.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2021 18:08]

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784584 is a reply to message #784583 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

benv wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 18:06

So I was browsing the stats page and noticed Koskinen's crappy performance last night reduced his save% to 0.900. This got me thinking that if a typical goalie stops 1 out of 10 shots, then the probability of letting in four consecutive goals on any four consecutive shots is 1/10000. So in any game the probability that a goalie WON'T let in the first 4 shots is 0.9999. Thus in a typical year of 1230 games the probability of this never happening is 0.9999^2460 = 78%. So the probability of a goalie letting in the first four goals happening during a season would be about 22%. So it should happen about once every five years.

My point is, it seems odd that this happens so rarely. Even if I increase the sv% to 0.910, it would be about 15%.

I wonder if the research above was for a single goalie. I'm guessing most goalies who let in the first three goals are pulled, and thus don't have the opportunity to let in the fourth. I wonder if we looked for a TEAM getting scored on in the first four shots we would find more.

That makes sense, that lots of goalies would not be given the chance to let the 4th one in. Wonder if there is also a chance in the psychology of team putting the goals in, that you start sitting back after the 2nd goal and even more after the 3rd, increasing the chance that a team would just send some weak muffin on net because of a more defensive posture to make it harder to score the 4th one.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2021 18:28]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784586 is a reply to message #784583 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 18:22 Go to previous message

1 Cup

benv wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 18:06

If you’re looking at it from a probability point of view, you’d have to factor in that shot quality varies as well, lowering the probability of a goal on each of the four shots.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784540 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Do you guys think the different styles of Smith and Koskinen are a factor why the Oilers seem so lost in front of Koski?

They are both lanky goaltenders but Mike Smith is a lot more engaged with dump-ins than Koski since he likes to handle the puck. Mike Smith been playing the majority of the games now so I feel that system is what the team is used to.

Feel bad for Koskinen. We need him on his game. I wonder if Stallock plays the puck a bit more.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784542 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

See what happens when Patrick Russell is in the lineup? 😂 looks like I chose the right game to boycott. Serious now... What a joke, Koski. Fire him to the sun. Vintage Koski when getting more than one start a week. How can the team have any faith that they can get a save from him this close to playoff time now? Chiasson ended with more saves then Koskinen!!

3 more McPoints is music to my ears and saw the highlights... Jesse’s snipe 🤤 inject it into my veins. My pants flew off so there’s some additional, prevalent veins that you can use.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784544 is a reply to message #784542 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 07:40

See what happens when Patrick Russell is in the lineup? 😂 looks like I chose the right game to boycott. Serious now... What a joke, Koski. Fire him to the sun. Vintage Koski when getting more than one start a week. How can the team have any faith that they can get a save from him this close to playoff time now? Chiasson ended with more saves then Koskinen!!

3 more McPoints is music to my ears and saw the highlights... Jesse’s snipe 🤤 inject it into my veins. My pants flew off so there’s some additional, prevalent veins that you can use.

I figured that would be your reaction. From the GDT;

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 19:51

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 19:45

2 McPoints, 1 goalie assist, and a pulju snipe? Yes. Please.

I think this is called an Oscargasm hat trick

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784546 is a reply to message #784544 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Not their night.

I have never seen a goalie let in 4 goals on 4 shots, may never again. The only positive from Koskinen is at least he was pissed off. He usually doesn't show any emotion so I actually liked he was that mad. He was garbage and he knew it. Forget about it, move on, be better next time. He's not an elite goalie but he is way better than that.

I thought the whole defense was fighting it. Every guy was giving it away, pucks were jumping off sticks, they were missing passes they normally make in their sleep. My biggest concern is Jones. He had a ROUGH night AGAIN. Not sure what's up with this guy. He's not giving me much confidence in him going to the playoffs.

First 2 lines were OK. But again, I thought they were fighting the puck a bit which we haven't seen in a while. I hope the plan for Tippett is to get McD his 100 and not that I am worried he won't but the easiest way to do it, is to have Leon on his line. Then once he gets it, he splits them up. I don't think you can have success in the playoffs with Kahun - Nuge - Yamo on a line.

One of those games that nothing went well and Canucks came out hard. I thought Demko was very good but when your goalie lets in 4 goals on 4 shots, even when it's early, you aren't going to win those games. The team in the last 11 went 8-3, they were 8-2 going into that game. If you are going to have a bad game, get them out now. I try not to be negative so in my opinion while it sucked, maybe it was a good thing. Tippett will have TONS to work with when it comes to getting them to refocus. This game should remind them that while they are a good team, if you are sloppy in your game and let the other team outwork you, you won't win very often. Park it, move on to the net. Beat the hell out of them on Saturday.

I have to give a hat tip to the Canuck on the 5th goal. Oilers did will to keep him to the outside and not give him anything. The only shot he had was off the head and in and he hit it. He was clearly aiming for that and he got it! I of course don't like it happened against my team but it was pretty impressive. I watched it a couple of times and even showed my kids.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2021 08:22]

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784575 is a reply to message #784544 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 07:58

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 07:40

I figured that would be your reaction. From the GDT;

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 19:51

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 19:45

2 McPoints, 1 goalie assist, and a pulju snipe? Yes. Please.

I think this is called an Oscargasm hat trick

Oh you nailed it. Hahaha!! Incredible. And today being Jesse’s bday, the entire team singing happy birthday to him at centre ice.. it’s a great day!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784549 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If we are sticking with kostko next year I really hope he follows Smith's lead and gets his own goalie coaches. Let Carter Hart have Schwartz all to himself.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784560 is a reply to message #784549 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 09:17

If we are sticking with kostko next year I really hope he follows Smith's lead and gets his own goalie coaches. Let Carter Hart have Schwartz all to himself.

I don't really understand why we would let the goalie coach we pay money to to train our goalies train rival goalies in the summer. Maybe you could wrap your head around having him work with underage goalies or something, but another NHL netminder!?

I mean, it's brilliant with Schwartz, because whatever he's doing has clearly destroyed Carter Hart, but otherwise, it seems really weird.

Weirdest take on Koskinen from last night came from local himbo Ryan Rishaug:

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug
Koskinen is already in his seat on the bench. Often frustrated goalies will cool off in the tunnel or the room for a couple minutes.

Sure, he could tweet about the four shots he let in and the no saves, but instead lets focus on the fact he didn't go down the tunnel and have a hissy fit. That's how you really know a goalie cares, right????

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784571 is a reply to message #784560 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 12:23

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug
Koskinen is already in his seat on the bench. Often frustrated goalies will cool off in the tunnel or the room for a couple minutes.

Sure, he could tweet about the four shots he let in and the no saves, but instead lets focus on the fact he didn't go down the tunnel and have a hissy fit. That's how you really know a goalie cares, right???

Maybe Chia did Ryan a favor once. Either that or Ryan has to toe the party line and avoid harsh criticism of the most overpaid backup goalie in the league.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784572 is a reply to message #784571 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 14:59

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

Sure, he could tweet about the four shots he let in and the no saves, but instead lets focus on the fact he didn't go down the tunnel and have a hissy fit. That's how you really know a goalie cares, right???

Maybe Chia did Ryan a favor once. Either that or Ryan has to toe the party line and avoid harsh criticism of the most overpaid backup goalie in the league.

I think that was meant as harsh criticism. He was suggesting lack of care due to no outward display.

It's a stupid take though. Everyone processes frustration differently, and sometimes I think that the over the top displays of anger are more theatre (and more distracting for the team) than necessary.

If you've blown a game in 5 minutes of work, I think it's just as well you don't make a further spectacle of yourself.

This is one of the same guys who would go on and on about body language from Ales Hemsky and whether he stayed out late after practice, so it should come as no surprise.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784578 is a reply to message #784572 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 14:31

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

I think that was meant as harsh criticism. He was suggesting lack of care due to no outward display.

It's a stupid take though. Everyone processes frustration differently, and sometimes I think that the over the top displays of anger are more theatre (and more distracting for the team) than necessary.

If you've blown a game in 5 minutes of work, I think it's just as well you don't make a further spectacle of yourself.

This is one of the same guys who would go on and on about body language from Ales Hemsky and whether he stayed out late after practice, so it should come as no surprise.

And questioned another goalie’s mental toughness for not speaking to media before the game.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784579 is a reply to message #784578 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 16:14

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 14:31

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug
@TSNRyanRishaug

And questioned another goalie’s mental toughness for not speaking to media before the game.

And went all Detective McGruff on Ilya Bryzgalov when he arrived - asking all the hard-hitting questions the fans really needed to know.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784555 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Zack MacEwen gets a DoPS meeting for kneeing D. Nurse last night .. anybody see it? No wonder Nurse was PO'd.

Found it.. at the end.. https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1390707150129811456

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-f-zack-macewen-to-have- hearing-for-kneeing-edmonton-oilers-d-darnell-nurse-1.163604 5

[Updated on: Fri, 07 May 2021 10:53]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784556 is a reply to message #784555 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

I didn't see most of the game, so only watching this incident in isolation. Sounds like the 2 were going at it a fair bit all game. Probably a fine at most. If it was an Oiler on a Canuck I would be saying, meh that was nothing.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784557 is a reply to message #784555 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 10:51

Zack MacEwen gets a DoPS meeting for kneeing D. Nurse last night .. anybody see it? No wonder Nurse was PO'd.

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-f-zack-macewen-to-have- hearing-for-kneeing-edmonton-oilers-d-darnell-nurse-1.163604 5

ooo, nasty. Missed that too in the highlights. Pretty clear now that you're looking for it.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784559 is a reply to message #784557 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 11:18

ooo, nasty. Missed that too in the highlights. Pretty clear now that you're looking for it.

Interesting - that makes all the anger after that a little more understandable. I wasn't thrilled to see Nurse fighting a plug a couple weeks before the playoffs start.

I'm surprised the Hamonic hit on Chiasson isn't getting the review. That isn't much different from the one that got McDavid suspended.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784563 is a reply to message #784559 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 11:14

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 11:18

Interesting - that makes all the anger after that a little more understandable. I wasn't thrilled to see Nurse fighting a plug a couple weeks before the playoffs start.

I'm surprised the Hamonic hit on Chiasson isn't getting the review. That isn't much different from the one that got McDavid suspended.

Yeah that Hamonic hit was direct shoulder to head, 4 officials miss it, not even a penalty on the play, would be 2 games min. if it was an Oiler making the hit.. Hamonic won't even get a hearing.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784562 is a reply to message #784555 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I didn't see it.

No wonder Nurse was so pissed off. He has pretty obsessed with the guy and now it makes sense why.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784565 is a reply to message #784555 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Cross threading here -but further down that Twitter feed was this (basically sums up Alberta's Covid/mask crazies - and Trumpists for that matter):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0tzTR5VkAAT10d?format=jpg&n ame=360x360

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784576 is a reply to message #784555 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Suspended one game for it. Pretty egregious attempt to injure there.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784577 is a reply to message #784576 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 15:58

Hamonic escapes scot-free though. NHL now okay with that hit, because Parros is nothing if not consistently inconsistent.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784581 is a reply to message #784577 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 16:09

Hamonic escapes scot-free though. NHL now okay with that hit, because Parros is nothing if not consistently inconsistent.

Can’t suspend a class B canuck defender that rivals Bieksa’s game. Would be unjust. Inhumane. What would they tell Travis?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784585 is a reply to message #784577 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 15:09

Parros being Parros.. Canucks have lost 1st tier status this year, plus MacEwen is a 4th liner, easy decision for Puppet Parros..

As you say the worse hit, by Hamonic, is totally ignored.

Has to be frustrating for the players, YOU can't hit someone in the head without a suspension, but Others can..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784564 is a reply to message #784529 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Was figuring Tippett was gonna keep McDrai together until 100, but looks like he is going back to the 2 line attack as we work towards playoffs

Reid Wilkins @ReidWilkins

Oilers practicing at Rogers Place.

Kahun-97-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald
Ennis

McDavid should still have no problem pulling it off with 4 games to go.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784567 is a reply to message #784564 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 12:40

Was figuring Tippett was gonna keep McDrai together until 100, but looks like he is going back to the 2 line attack as we work towards playoffs

Kahun-97-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald
Ennis

I think McD gets it Saturday. The Oilers will remind the Canucks how much they suck right now and thump them.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784573 is a reply to message #784564 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 07 May 2021 12:40

Kahun-97-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald
Ennis

Until Kassian is ready to go, I am guessing those are the playoff lines so good time to put them together and make sure they are rolling.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca