This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784417]
Thu, 06 May 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Wednesday, January 13, 2021Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Thursday, January 14, 2021Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Tuesday, February 23, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 3Win
Thursday, February 25, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 0Win
Saturday, March 13, 2021Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 2Loss
Monday, May 3, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Vancouver 3Win
Tuesday, May 4, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 1Win
Thursday, May 6, 2021Vancouver 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, May 8, 2021Vancouver 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, May 15, 2021Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Home Record: 2-3-0       Road Record: 4-1-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/17 Total: 33
Home / Road Goals Against: 20/9 Total: 29

2019-20 Regular Season
Wednesday, October 2, 2019Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, November 30, 2019Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Sunday, December 1, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 2Win
Monday, December 23, 2019Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/5 Total: 10
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/6 Total: 13

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784419 is a reply to message #784417 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Continue playing well and building for the playoffs.

Get McD some points.

Stay healthy.

I'd put Bear back in. I don't want him sitting long and I was fine with him missing a game.

I'd maybe get Jones back in there. Lagesson was fine while Jones has gone back to struggling again. But the Canucks are an undermanned team that isn't very good. So hopefully Jones can figure it out. I find him really puzzling.

I'd play Bouchard tonight for one of Barrie or Larsson just to give them a night off. Both guys are playing well so it doesn't appear either is dealing with anything but chances are they have some bruise or nick that doesn't impact them really from playing but a night off can't hurt.

I would split duties with Smith/Koskinen the next 2 games just to keep both guys going and feeling it.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 May 2021 08:48]

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784423 is a reply to message #784419 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

It's always nice when the Oil aren't in a musty game, unless one feels that securing home ice is a must. I can still see Connor wanting to play to get those McPoints.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784445 is a reply to message #784417 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Draisatl McD Puljujarvi

Kahun RNH Yamo

Neal McLeod Chaisson

Archibald Khaira Russell

Bear & Jones back in..

Koskinen in..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

HopefuRe: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784446 is a reply to message #784445 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Hopefully Yamo threw away, donated or burnt all his sticks and got all new ones. Wore different socks or shirt or pants or whatever, ate a different meal, went to the rink a different way or did something or everything completely different than he's been doing. The guy has had some GOLDEN looks and is pretty snake bitten right now.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784450 is a reply to message #784445 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Thanks for coming out Bouchard - see you next season.

You'd think Barrie or Larsson could maybe take a night off, given we're sailing down the stretch, but I guess not. Serves Bouch right for not getting McDavid in on that goal.

Earlier this week we salted away our playoff spot. Last night Montreal's loss confirmed us as no lower than 3rd, and even an OT/SO loss tonight would guarantee us 2nd. A win keeps the dream alive for the outside chance of catching Toronto for #1 in the Division.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784455 is a reply to message #784450 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 14:07

You'd think Barrie or Larsson could maybe take a night off, given we're sailing down the stretch, but I guess not. Serves Bouch right for not getting McDavid in on that goal.

Earlier this week we salted away our playoff spot. Last night Montreal's loss confirmed us as no lower than 3rd, and even an OT/SO loss tonight would guarantee us 2nd. A win keeps the dream alive for the outside chance of catching Toronto for #1 in the Division.

Jim Matheson @jimmathesonnhl
Listening to Dave Tippett today, it seems he's more than happy with first three right D--Barrie, Larsson, Bear--and even though Bouchard played a strong 20 mins Tuesday, unless one of his top 3 right-side guys gets hurt, Bouchard won't play rest of regular season.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784456 is a reply to message #784455 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 15:58

Listening to Dave Tippett today, it seems he's more than happy with first three right D--Barrie, Larsson, Bear--and even though Bouchard played a strong 20 mins Tuesday, unless one of his top 3 right-side guys gets hurt, Bouchard won't play rest of regular season.

Gotta just keep marinating...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784457 is a reply to message #784456 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 16:06

There is only 6 defense spots, so who are you not playing so Bouchard gets full time mins?

No one has gotten hurt thankfully and when Bear was, he played.
Even though he's a left shot, they got rid of Russell. He's was sat out as soon as Kulikov was ready.
Lagesson isn't playing either.

So people can't blame the coach for playing inferior dmen. He has 20 career games.

He's not a better dman than Nurse.
While a different type of dman and does different things, he's not better than Larsson.
He's not better than Kulikov.
Plus 2 out of the 3 of them shoot left. If someone is going to suggest any of those 3 shouldn't play for Bouchard, then I would question if you are being serious and if you know what you are talking about. You sure as hell aren't going to play Bouchard over any of them in the playoffs.

Barrie is a similar dman to Bouchard. Barrie has 44 pts and 580 more games than Bouchard. Now I think for next season Bouchard probably takes over Barrie's spot but right not, he's not better than Barrie who has 580 more games of experience and experience counts especially the playoffs.

So now it's down to Jones or Bear. So who's sitting out?

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784458 is a reply to message #784457 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 16:17

There is only 6 defense spots, so who are you not playing so Bouchard gets full time mins?

Even though he's a left shot, they got rid of Russell. He's was sat out as soon as Kulikov was ready.

So people can't blame the coach for playing inferior dmen. He has 20 career games.

While a different type of dman and does different things, he's not better than Larsson.
Plus 2 out of the 3 of them shoot left. If someone is going to suggest any of those 3 shouldn't play for Bouchard, then I would question if you are being serious and if you know what you are talking about. You sure as hell aren't going to play Bouchard over any of them in the playoffs.

Barrie is a similar dman to Bouchard. Barrie has 44 pts and 580 more games than Bouchard. Now I think for next season Bouchard probably takes over Barrie's spot but right not, he's not better than Barrie who has 580 more games of experience and experience counts especially the playoffs.

You're so right. There's just no way to get this important prospect back in to the Oilers lineup any time in the remaining, mostly meaningless games of this season, and he had his chance to play and clearly didn't do enough with it to justify any more looks this year. Better luck next time rookie!

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784469 is a reply to message #784457 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

I am not convinced of this. I have seen a couple good things from Kulikov but overall he looks like a decent third pairing guy but nothing better.
I dont get hung up as much on the left right balance as some people, it really depends on the player, but if you are simply talking who is the better player, Bouchard is better than at least three of tonights guys, Kulikov, Bear and Jones.

In a fun turn of events an awful giveaway from Kulikov leads to a Canucks goal while I write this.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784500 is a reply to message #784457 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Jones for at least the 4th time, either/or actually. Effing guy if he's up ALL season developing here, should get some damn looks. Considering the way some guys have played and still played when maybe they shouldn't have (pretty much everyone outside of Nurse and Barrie at different points), the fact that Bouchard had a wasted year of development here and hardly got a sniff was pretty pathetic. You sit down vets that you're not worried about their development, not guys who need playing time. Clearly if Bouchard wasn't getting anything here they needed to send him to Bakersfield.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784487 is a reply to message #784456 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Helluva season of development on the taxi squad for Bouchard.

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784512 is a reply to message #784487 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 19:37

Helluva season of development on the taxi squad for Bouchard.

His beard was looking perfectly trimmed at least.

He seemed to play OK with the sheltered ice time. Don't think there is any way in practice to really make up for not playing in real competitive games though.

Great that we found a way to get PRussell in tonight though! Got his chance to remember what it feels like to be scored on against in the NHL again.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784448 is a reply to message #784417 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Does Russell Score a Goal Tonight?[ 13 vote(s) ]
1.Yes.. Bounces in off a Canuck 1 / 8%
2.Yes.. bounces in off him 0 / 0%
3.Score? Like.. a GOAL?? LOL!!!!! 10 / 77%
4.Yes..Snipe!! 2 / 15%

Does Toby Cup Winner Patty O'Russell score a goal tonight?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784460 is a reply to message #784417 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Patrick Russell is in? I’m boycotting tonight’s game.

J(M)ust stay healthy.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784461 is a reply to message #784460 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 06 May 2021 17:21

Patrick Russell is in? I’m boycotting tonight’s game.

J(M)ust stay healthy.

Sounds like an automatic 1 goal for us!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784464 is a reply to message #784417 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

McDavid on pace for 149 in an 82 game season. Unreal just un flipping real

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55) [message #784548 is a reply to message #784464 ]
Fri, 07 May 2021 08:42 Go to previous message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

Maybe Bouchard should take a turn on the 4th RW...

Previous Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #55)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca