This day on April 18
None

Happy Birthday To: spaz44, Formica, JDmassive, timothyparis12

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783725]
Wed, 28 April 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Winnipeg to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Sunday, January 24, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Winnipeg 3Win
Tuesday, January 26, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Winnipeg 6Loss
Monday, February 15, 2021Winnipeg 6 @ Edmonton 5Loss
Wednesday, February 17, 2021Winnipeg 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Thursday, March 18, 2021Winnipeg 1 @ Edmonton 2Win
Saturday, March 20, 2021Winnipeg 2 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, April 17, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Winnipeg 0Win
Monday, April 26, 2021Edmonton 6 @ Winnipeg 1Win
Wednesday, April 28, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Winnipeg 1Win
Home Record: 3-1-0       Road Record: 4-1-0       Overall Record: 7-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 14/20 Total: 34
Home / Road Goals Against: 11/11 Total: 22

2019-20 Regular Season
Sunday, October 20, 2019Edmonton 0 @ Winnipeg 1 (OT) (SO)Loss
Saturday, February 29, 2020Winnipeg 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Wednesday, March 11, 2020Winnipeg 4 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 0-0-1       Overall Record: 1-1-1
Home / Road Goals For: 5/0 Total: 5
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/1 Total: 7

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783726 is a reply to message #783725 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

The Jets will probably come out really hard to start. Have to weather the storm then put them down.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783727 is a reply to message #783726 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 08:34

The Jets will probably come out really hard to start. Have to weather the storm then put them down.

The Oilers will know this storm is coming and decide to come out even harder. I don't see any reason why the Oilers would let an undermanned Jets team come out harder than them at the gate.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783728 is a reply to message #783727 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 08:45

The Oilers will know this storm is coming and decide to come out even harder. I don't see any reason why the Oilers would let an undermanned Jets team come out harder than them at the gate.

Hopefully you are right. Other than Khaira getting in when he is good to go, I think this is the Oilers playoff line up so they don't have any excuses not to be able to go hard. At some point maybe Kassian is available but who knows with his injury.

When Khaira is comes in, I think the odd man out is one of Neal or Haas as I think they want McLeod in. I say that because McLeod played over 14 mins, will Haas under 11 and I saw he got some shifts between Nuge and Yamo. I wouldn't think they would do that if McLeod was just a place holder due to injury. But who knows.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 April 2021 09:29]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783738 is a reply to message #783728 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 09:26

Hopefully you are right. Other than Khaira getting in when he is good to go, I think this is the Oilers playoff line up so they don't have any excuses not to be able to go hard. At some point maybe Kassian is available but who knows with his injury.

When Khaira is comes in, I think the odd man out is one of Neal or Haas as I think they want McLeod in. I say that because McLeod played over 14 mins, will Haas under 11 and I saw he got some shifts between Nuge and Yamo. I wouldn't think they would do that if McLeod was just a place holder due to injury. But who knows.

Kassian's on LTIR now, so I don't think he's available until mid May at earliest.

I expect that even if entirely healthy, we'll see tweaks to the bottom six. Tippett's consistently done that all year, and there's no one in the bottom of the roster that's good enough to guarantee themselves an every day spot.

It will be interesting to see how McLeod is used. Tippett doesn't tend to trust young guys and his minutes last game were decent - 14 minutes - but that was in a blow-out. He only gave him 5 faceoffs, which isn't a lot. Basically, if it was an offensive or defensive zone draw, Tippett preferred someone else to take it.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783729 is a reply to message #783727 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Man, I'd really like to see another dominant performance last night. My real hope is that we can get Paul Maurice over-thinking things when it comes to the playoff series. I would love to see at least a couple games where Adam Lowry has more minutes than any other Jets forward.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783730 is a reply to message #783729 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 09:27

Man, I'd really like to see another dominant performance last night. My real hope is that we can get Paul Maurice over-thinking things when it comes to the playoff series. I would love to see at least a couple games where Adam Lowry has more minutes than any other Jets forward.

It is a little odd how he plays some guys. They trade Laine, a proven goal scorer for Dubios to be their second line center I assume. Now I know he has taken some time to get going but he played barely over 13 mins with basically zero PP time. You'd think they would want to get him going heading into the playoffs.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783733 is a reply to message #783730 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 09:32

It is a little odd how he plays some guys. They trade Laine, a proven goal scorer for Dubios to be their second line center I assume. Now I know he has taken some time to get going but he played barely over 13 mins with basically zero PP time. You'd think they would want to get him going heading into the playoffs.

You've gotta earn your ice time. Doesn't matter what he did in Columbus, this is a new team. It's like when Selanne went to Colorado. Sure they could've just slapped him into a top line scoring role and won some cups, but instead the coach taught him some important life lessons and Selanne went on to have great success in Anaheim.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783734 is a reply to message #783733 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 10:13

You've gotta earn your ice time. Doesn't matter what he did in Columbus, this is a new team. It's like when Selanne went to Colorado. Sure they could've just slapped him into a top line scoring role and won some cups, but instead the coach taught him some important life lessons and Selanne went on to have great success in Anaheim.

I must be too far removed from competitive sports. When I was still athletic, my coaches always put me and my teams in positions to succeed. I simply don't understand modern coaches at the highest level of sport endlessly sending message by fighting pointless little battles against their own players.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783740 is a reply to message #783734 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 11:26

I must be too far removed from competitive sports. When I was still athletic, my coaches always put me and my teams in positions to succeed. I simply don't understand modern coaches at the highest level of sport endlessly sending message by fighting pointless little battles against their own players.

If you don't fight those battles and just put players in a spot to be successful, there is a definite danger that the media credits the players and not you as the coach for their success.

If you publicly challenge players, it's really can't lose as the coach. Either they perform and you take credit, or they falter and you can label them a loser and say you were the first to know.

And if they go somewhere else and succeed, the local media will still support you and the team's decision to cut bait forever because that loser never would have developed here.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783746 is a reply to message #783740 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 12:49

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 11:26

If you don't fight those battles and just put players in a spot to be successful, there is a definite danger that the media credits the players and not you as the coach for their success.

If you publicly challenge players, it's really can't lose as the coach. Either they perform and you take credit, or they falter and you can label them a loser and say you were the first to know.

And if they go somewhere else and succeed, the local media will still support you and the team's decision to cut bait forever because that loser never would have developed here.

It is both comforting and disturbing that people fail up in all walks of life and when a management team stinks, your business will have a hard time being successful regardless of their talent levels.

I was always brought up to surround yourself with people who challenge you and may be smarter than you. You just need to manage the personalities and the rest will take care of itself.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783748 is a reply to message #783746 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

but when smart people make you feel worse about yourself, fire them and hire another Gretzky.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783759 is a reply to message #783748 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 14:52

but when smart people make you feel worse about yourself, fire them and hire another Gretzky.

Is there another Gretzky available ?!?

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783898 is a reply to message #783759 ]
Fri, 30 April 2021 15:00 Go to previous message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 18:48

Dragon_Matt wrote on Wed, 28 April 2021 14:52

Is there another Gretzky available ?!?

At least three.

Kim is Wayne's oldest sibling - three years younger than Wayne. She did gymnastics I think growing up?

Glen is Wayne's 2nd oldest brother after Keith. He had club foot so was the one who wasn't an athlete. He's an Alberta-based business man and has been involved in some of Wayne's other business ventures (including, I believe, when they owned the Toronto Argonauts with John Candy).

Brent is the 2nd most successful hockey playing Gretzky, a veteran of 13 NHL games, all with the Tampa Bay Lightning. According to Wikipedia, he's now a police officer in Ontario.

Not only that, but Gretz's kids at getting to be old enough to take meaningless roles within the OEG. Paulina's 32 and has the connection of singing the anthem at the first Heritage Classic. Ty is 30 and played a little hockey himself at one point. I think even the youngest must be 20...

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783732 is a reply to message #783725 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Based on what we have seen with Winnipeg games this year, I think if the Jets score less than 6 the Oilers can win.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783739 is a reply to message #783725 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

They better win tonight, because tomorrow night is set up to big a big blowout for the Flames.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783751 is a reply to message #783725 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

J(M)ust win.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Game #51) [message #783756 is a reply to message #783725 ]
Wed, 28 April 2021 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

This may be the biggest game left on the schedule, MUst win.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Previous Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #52)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #52)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca