This day on April 24
None

Happy Birthday To: foxbird, sspOILERS, hazmat, Tarnom, RankinSpankin

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783423]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Montreal to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783429 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Well, they made a game of it. Too bad those goals couldn't have come earlier in the game. If Arch doesn't make that one gaff, this game is going to OT. Oh well, on to the next one.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783430 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

I think Tippett really needed to pull the goalie in the first half of the double minor...

Hope we hear some noise tonight about that atrocious display of reffing.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783437 is a reply to message #783430 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:35

I think Tippett really needed to pull the goalie in the first half of the double minor...

I bet we don't. Oilers have zero idea how to work the system. We just keep eating what we're fed. Don't ask questions, never complain. Hope that someday we'll be rewarded for patiently being trod all over.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783472 is a reply to message #783437 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:43

I bet we don't. Oilers have zero idea how to work the system. We just keep eating what we're fed. Don't ask questions, never complain. Hope that someday we'll be rewarded for patiently being trod all over.

It is quite unbelievable that they are that obtuse. With McDavid and Draisaitl on your team, it is like playing poker with a royal flush in your hand. From Bobby Nicks to Dave Tippett. They should all be using their platforms to speak out about the terrible officiating.

It's a league wide pandemic. Someone is going to get hurt.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783475 is a reply to message #783472 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 08:45

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:43

It is quite unbelievable that they are that obtuse. With McDavid and Draisaitl on your team, it is like playing poker with a royal flush in your hand. From Bobby Nicks to Dave Tippett. They should all be using their platforms to speak out about the terrible officiating.

It's a league wide pandemic. Someone is going to get hurt.

The funny part is Oilers management is a royal flush of hockey management talent. Nicks, Dutch, Tips, Lowe, Gretzky, maybe the other Gretzky, Hitchcock is still an advisor, and so many other advisors are a literal who's who of hockey operations talent.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783432 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://jemima.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/jk_bangheadwall.jpg

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783433 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Would've been a good game if it weren't for these two guys..

Eric Furlatt from PQ;
https://nhlofficials.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Eric-Furlatt-1.png

and Kendrick Nicholson from Leaf Land.
https://nhlofficials.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Kendrick-Nicholson.png

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783434 is a reply to message #783433 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Those crests should say KHL.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783436 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Reffing aside a couple of Oilers D had rough games. Russell and Bear seem to be leaking chances.
Barrie had a rough one as well. Wasn't been real noticeable on offence and when he isnt bringing that he isnt bringing much.
Larsson got burned wide on the one goal but otherwise I thought he had a good game.
Jones was one of the better players back there in limited minutes. Not much more I could ask from a third pairing guy.

Adam mentioned it in the GDT but this team needs to find a way to generate chances without McDavid and Draisaitl. When they are both on the bench the team has zero jump and zero threat to score at any time.
I forgot Neal was playing until I saw a guy skating like I do at beer league. I am 95% sure I could beat him in a race.

Fun ending but it flattered the Oilers, they didnt play great for 55 mins. Got to find a way to get some shots before the last 5 minutes of a game.

I used my "complain about the refs" card for the year but this game tells me this team isn't going to win in the playoffs. It is a pipe dream that all of this league talk about punishing refs for game management and cracking down on stick work will make them call the rules. If anything it will be just like tonight or worse in the playoffs.

Last word for me on the refs. I would have liked to see Tippett go old school. Completely lose it after the Drai call. Throw every water bottle, spare stick, someone's helmet. Heck, pick up little Yamo and toss him out there. Get thrown out and force the conversation. That and a series of non-calls then the penalty would be on every highlight show.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783438 is a reply to message #783436 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:43

I used my "complain about the refs" card for the year but this game tells me this team isn't going to win in the playoffs. It is a pipe dream that all of this league talk about punishing refs for game management and cracking down on stick work will make them call the rules. If anything it will be just like tonight or worse in the playoffs.

Last word for me on the refs. I would have liked to see Tippett go old school. Completely lose it after the Drai call. Throw every water bottle, spare stick, someone's helmet. Heck, pick up little Yamo and toss him out there. Get thrown out and force the conversation. That and a series of non-calls then the penalty would be on every highlight show.

At some point you need to show you know it's BS. The league hates to get called out, but it is effective. They slap the coach on the wrist, but they don't want it to happen again so usually it does change things.

At least make some really pointed remarks. Politeness isn't working for us.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783439 is a reply to message #783438 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Absolute reffing black eye for the NHL.

Every person involved in the non-interference call on the GOAL! should have already been fired by now. confused2

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783467 is a reply to message #783439 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

watchman wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:51

Absolute reffing black eye for the NHL.

Every person involved in the non-interference call on the GOAL! should have already been fired by now. confused2

We have been down this rink so many times before. For example:

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=683910& ;rid=87&SQ=d71083cdd5c200e401f7d36cd952b09b#msg_683910

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783441 is a reply to message #783438 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 21:45

At some point you need to show you know it's BS. The league hates to get called out, but it is effective. They slap the coach on the wrist, but they don't want it to happen again so usually it does change things.

Can't be the players because the refs will just double down on you, they know they are like made men, untouchable, like in the NHL Inc. Mafia, where Colin Campbell is the Boss and Parrot is the top henchman.

Tippett could get suspended.

I think Holland needs to do it.

Otherwise it becomes an acceptable formula to nullify your star player, by saying nothing you're accepting it.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2021 23:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783442 is a reply to message #783441 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:59

Can't be the players because the refs will just double down on you, they know they are like made men, untouchable, like in the NHL Inc. Mafia, where Colin Campbell is the Boss and Parrot is the top henchman.

Otherwise it becomes an acceptable formula to nullify your star player, by saying nothing you're accepting it.

Take the suspension if you're the coach. Do what you need to do.

I'm fine with Holland doing it too but someone should say something. Instead:

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

Tippett was perplexed by the Draisaitl penalty in the third. He bites his tongue on the officiating.

Quote:

Jason Gregor
@JasonGregor

“It was an interference call from a bodycheck on a guy who just played the puck....I’m not going to comment much more on the refs..” Dave Tippett as he caught himself before stating what he likely felt regarding Draisaitl penalty.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 April 2021 23:03]

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783443 is a reply to message #783442 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 23:02

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:59

Take the suspension if you're the coach. Do what you need to do.

I'm fine with Holland doing it too but someone should say something. Instead:

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

Tippett was perplexed by the Draisaitl penalty in the third. He bites his tongue on the officiating.

The Canucks whined and cried from the players to the GM to get to the finals as their players dove all over the ice. Unfortunately ran into a team with Colin Campbell’s son on it at the end and the special treatment suddenly dried up. It absolutely works otherwise though. The org needs to stop being the leagues beeches.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783444 is a reply to message #783443 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 23:05

The Canucks whined and cried from the players to the GM to get to the finals as their players dove all over the ice. Unfortunately ran into a team with Colin Campbell’s son on it at the end and the special treatment suddenly dried up. It absolutely works otherwise though. The org needs to stop being the leagues beeches.

Remember Randy Carlyle saying that the league favoured McDavid and gave him calls it shouldn't just before his team spent a whole series mugging him all over the ice, and getting no penalties for doing so?

It absolutely works. The refs are terrible and so addicted to game management that those things skew their actions.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783446 is a reply to message #783442 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 22:02

Quote:

Daniel Nugent-Bowman
@DNBsports

Quote:

Jason Gregor
@JasonGregor

“It was an interference call from a bodycheck on a guy who just played the puck....I’m not going to comment much more on the refs..” Dave Tippett as he caught himself before stating what he likely felt regarding Draisaitl penalty.

Yeah I heard him.. he totally bailed. Meak, mousey, response. He's been here long enough to know what's going on.

Tippett has taken a pass, Holland should stand up and address it. Burke did it for the Sedins early on, and they wound up getting the calls.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783440 is a reply to message #783436 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 21 April 2021 21:43

or just let Playfair..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783445 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Wed, 21 April 2021 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

That officiating was God awful. Weber's crosscheck to LD's neck is case in point, that's just a facking dangerous scumbag play . The NHL needs to get a handle on officiating, it's a joke.

If it comes down to no calls and powerplays in the playoffs and guys like Kassian and Jujhar on the shelf, it does not bode well for the playoffs. Sad to say, the Oilers are not built to grind out in the playoffs when their good players are being assaulted and no one goes to the box. Hope I'm wrong.

Anyway I feel bad for Archie's brainfart. Pucks shouldn't really go to your netfront like that, ever. Would have loved a better outcome, especially against these pretenders.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783447 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260 is currently online smyth260

No Cups

Seen this replay of McDavid penalty on Perry again. I originally thought it was not a smart play to make. What I did not catch was Perry reaching in with his arm to get a hold on Connor, and he wasn’t having that tonight. You go Connor. Shouldn’t have to fight holds off 50 ft from the play. And also, its Corey Perry.

Skip to the 30 second mark for the best view.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783448 is a reply to message #783447 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Well, just watched this one this morning. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? Seriously, Holland or Tippett or someone needs to say something. They won't, but they should. They HAVE to.

How in the world is that NOT goalie interference? And I was watching on TSN here and Craig Button and whoever the PbP guy is were saying "I don't see how this can be interference, Mike Smith just threw his stick"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? WHAT?????? Anderson just kicked it out of his hand. And they kept repeating it as they were showing the replay of Anderson kicking the stick out of his hand.

And that Draisaitl bodycheck, uhm...interference. nono

At this point I feel like the NHL is just trolling us Oilers fans. That's the only explanation I have.

I'm going to have a really hard time remaining even keeled during the playoffs as I just know we're going to be subjected to more of this crap.

Anyway - 3 McPoints, so that's good at least?

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783451 is a reply to message #783448 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Just garbage last night. I don't think they need to call every single thing but call the blatant stuff. You load up and 2 hand cross check a guy in the back, that's freaking pretty blatant. You ram a stick in the guys skates tripping him, that's pretty blatant.

On the flip side, if the refs are going to "let them play" which I freaking hate, then do it all the way. Set a standard that unless a guy is trying to hurt someone or a guy is bleeding, don't call nothing. Watching Leon get absolutely drilled repeatedly in the back for the whole game and nothing gets called, then he goes to check someone and the puck is gone maybe half a second before and you call it interference. What the hell is that!

The worst, what ended up being the game winner. Anderson kicks the stick out of Smith's hand!! Not a tiny nudge by accident where the goalie claims he was bumped out of position, he kicked the stick out of his hand to the point he dragged him out of the net, then he fires it into the goal. The previous game, Chiasson is going to go screen Price, as he's moving into position, Price is hunched over, head sticking out and he gets contact. Goalie interference. He didn't do it on purpose but he did hit him so the goal didn't stand. I get it. Anderson KICKED the stick out of Smith's hand and dragged him out of the goal and it's not interference. HUH??

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783486 is a reply to message #783451 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 22 April 2021 08:40

Just garbage last night. I don't think they need to call every single thing but call the blatant stuff. You load up and 2 hand cross check a guy in the back, that's freaking pretty blatant. You ram a stick in the guys skates tripping him, that's pretty blatant.

On the flip side, if the refs are going to "let them play" which I freaking hate, then do it all the way. Set a standard that unless a guy is trying to hurt someone or a guy is bleeding, don't call nothing. Watching Leon get absolutely drilled repeatedly in the back for the whole game and nothing gets called, then he goes to check someone and the puck is gone maybe half a second before and you call it interference. What the hell is that!

The worst, what ended up being the game winner. Anderson kicks the stick out of Smith's hand!! Not a tiny nudge by accident where the goalie claims he was bumped out of position, he kicked the stick out of his hand to the point he dragged him out of the net, then he fires it into the goal. The previous game, Chiasson is going to go screen Price, as he's moving into position, Price is hunched over, head sticking out and he gets contact. Goalie interference. He didn't do it on purpose but he did hit him so the goal didn't stand. I get it. Anderson KICKED the stick out of Smith's hand and dragged him out of the goal and it's not interference. HUH??

I rationalize the goalie interference calls as Chiasson entered the blue paint while Anderson did not. Both plays interfered with goalies ability to stop the the puck, but one was outside the crease.

I don’t agree with no interference, but I can rationalize it. The rest of what you said I can get behind 100%. The only way I don’t go crazy is that every team with a high end skilled forward is getting the same treatment. The officials are hot garbage.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783488 is a reply to message #783486 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 12:33

I rationalize the goalie interference calls as Chiasson entered the blue paint while Anderson did not. Both plays interfered with goalies ability to stop the the puck, but one was outside the crease.

I don’t agree with no interference, but I can rationalize it. The rest of what you said I can get behind 100%. The only way I don’t go crazy is that every team with a high end skilled forward is getting the same treatment. The officials are hot garbage.

So if the goalie goes out to play or stop the puck, you are totally cool if an opposing player chops the stick out of his hand? He wouldn't be in the crease.

Last time I checked, players aren't allowed to rip or chop the stick out of a guys hand regardless of where it is on the ice. So if you don't like calling it goalie interference then call it interference because it's illegal to take away a players equipment. That's what Anderson did. He on purpose kicked the stick out of Smith's hand and in the process dragged him out of position, hindering his ability to stop a puck.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783501 is a reply to message #783488 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 12:45

So if the goalie goes out to play or stop the puck, you are totally cool if an opposing player chops the stick out of his hand? He wouldn't be in the crease.

Last time I checked, players aren't allowed to rip or chop the stick out of a guys hand regardless of where it is on the ice. So if you don't like calling it goalie interference then call it interference because it's illegal to take away a players equipment. That's what Anderson did. He on purpose kicked the stick out of Smith's hand and in the process dragged him out of position, hindering his ability to stop a puck.

Anderson was pursuing the puck, and it wasn't 100% clear he intentionally dragged his foot to pull the stick away from Smith.

Watching the replay, I hoped they would call that back, but I doubted they would and wasn't surprised it counted.

I think you can only be outraged about so much, and a call that's more of a 50/50 one can't be where you focus if you're going to rage about officiating (at least, if you're the team and you're trying to do it strategically) then you have to talk about the really flagrant stuff. The cross-checking was ridiculous, the consistency was brutal. I'd focus on those things and let the goalie interference part go.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783505 is a reply to message #783501 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 16:03

Anderson was pursuing the puck, and it wasn't 100% clear he intentionally dragged his foot to pull the stick away from Smith.

Watching the replay, I hoped they would call that back, but I doubted they would and wasn't surprised it counted.

I think you can only be outraged about so much, and a call that's more of a 50/50 one can't be where you focus if you're going to rage about officiating (at least, if you're the team and you're trying to do it strategically) then you have to talk about the really flagrant stuff. The cross-checking was ridiculous, the consistency was brutal. I'd focus on those things and let the goalie interference part go.

If you watch the replay, you can see Anderson drag his foot then kick at the stick. It was hard enough that it jerked Smiths arm and partially drag him farther behind the goal. Then he had to reset and try to lunge back into the net to try to save it. I've seen way, way, way less get goals called back.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783506 is a reply to message #783501 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The contact being outside the crease was probably the "kicker", hawhaw. And it wasn't that unreasonable for his left leg to do what it did as he was making the hard turn. As a pro athlete though, I'm sure he could have lifted his leg and missed the stick if he wanted to :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783507 is a reply to message #783506 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 16:31

The contact being outside the crease was probably the "kicker", hawhaw. And it wasn't that unreasonable for his left leg to do what it did as he was making the hard turn. As a pro athlete though, I'm sure he could have lifted his leg and missed the stick if he wanted to :)

If you watch it, he knew what he was doing. It wasn't an accident.

Chiasson's was an accident. His back was turned to Price as he was trying to get into position just as Price stuck his head out and stepped up.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783508 is a reply to message #783507 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 16:34

Chiasson's was an accident. His back was turned to Price as he was trying to get into position just as Price stuck his head out and stepped up.

Chaisson one was in the crease though, and he didn't really need to be there.

The Andersen one is definitely an accidentally on purpose thing, but it's way harder for refs to take away the benefit of the doubt when contact is outside the crease. I think 99 times out of 100 the goal stands on ones like that. The 1/100 time would be if it was one of our players that initiated contact with a goalie outside the crease.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783521 is a reply to message #783508 ]
Fri, 23 April 2021 17:35 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 16:38

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 23 April 2021 16:34

Chaisson one was in the crease though, and he didn't really need to be there.

The Andersen one is definitely an accidentally on purpose thing, but it's way harder for refs to take away the benefit of the doubt when contact is outside the crease. I think 99 times out of 100 the goal stands on ones like that. The 1/100 time would be if it was one of our players that initiated contact with a goalie outside the crease.

Agreed on this. Chiasson's was pretty black and white. It's not about intent, it's about did he interfere with Price's ability to make that stop through contacting him while in the crease. He absolutely did.

You could even hear the referees comment on the broadcast looking at the Smith/Anderson contact that it's way out of the crease. I do agree it was most likely on purpose, but hard to prove, he wasn't in the crease at any point, the stick was in the path of his skates, he didn't kick at it, just dragged his feet, and Smith still had time to get set for the shot.

Not surprised it wasn't counted, and it's just not as important a complaint as most of the others from that game.

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783456 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Think Flames and canucks fans were cheering for us last night? :) Wonder if they were raging at the refs too.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49) [message #783457 is a reply to message #783423 ]
Thu, 22 April 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Papa Haas must be proud

Adam @OilersAdam

Jesse Puljujarvi is in rockstar mode

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ezi0VopUYAIpYFr?format=jpg&name=small

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:GDT: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #49)
Next Topic:Review: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #48)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca