Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Toronto to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778154 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I can’t wait to hear the media tomorrow.

Will they say? “NOW McDavid REALLY REALLY REALLY will have something to prove the next game.” I really can’t see them milking that cow for another 2 days. Be interesting what “hot take” they will be dragging out now...

Never thought I would be saying this ever. Smith, you are the starter on this team. There is no such thing as a tandem on this team. Koskinen is a bloody unreliable sieve.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2021 22:32]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778155 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0EwZn2gSxU0NeQcE/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47wij9yh36eact0ok3cfwtm94mfkpl63gtypbrmcrm&rid=giphy.webp

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778156 is a reply to message #778155 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

KOSKI doesn't have to be good... he just has to be average... TIPPETT would have to be scared to start KOSKI again next game...

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778157 is a reply to message #778156 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

watchman wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 21:33

KOSKI doesn't have to be good... he just has to be average... TIPPETT would have to be scared to start KOSKI again next game...

Yeah after that game how can you have any belief he can stop a puck, at least Smith can help on the shoot ins.. BUT .. I guess you DO have to score a FREAKING goal to win a game .. worst thing wa show weak the offense was.. Leafs are not that good.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778159 is a reply to message #778157 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

Shutout back to back by a #2 and #3. Connor looked like he cared for a few minutes I guess.
They need a goalie. When Toronto’s #3 would be the starter here, that says a lot.
Also, two super young RD on the same pair is a terrible idea.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778158 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

lol, flames lost to Ottawa

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778164 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The way our left wingers are playing I think Holloway has a spot waiting for him in the top 6 if the Oilers make the playoffs.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778165 is a reply to message #778164 ]
Mon, 01 March 2021 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 01 March 2021 23:58

The way our left wingers are playing I think Holloway has a spot waiting for him in the top 6 if the Oilers make the playoffs.

You'd need to talk him in to leaving college. That's not always easy for some reason...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778173 is a reply to message #778165 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Anyone that decided to blame the loss on the goalie on social media is an idiot. Did both guys play lights out in these last 2 games, NO. But they didn't score a freaking goal in 2 games. The Leafs needed 1 goal a game to win. If the Oilers put up 5 and they lose 6-5, then sure blame the goalies. ZERO'S goal!!. You have arguably 2 of the top 10 best players in the world on your team and you can't get a single freaking goal.

I would like Tippett to put Nuge - Leon - Yamo together just to get people to shut up about it because it's so tiresome. Unless Leon and Yamo can make Nuge magically hit the freaking net, it won't matter. Nuge missed lots of nets, Leon missed lots of nets, McDavid missed lots of nets. Go down the list.

Everyone of these guys should be on the ice early shooting the freaking puck. These guys are pros, you shouldn't be missing the net as badly as they are especially the best guys. That's their JOB. Hit the bloodly net.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778177 is a reply to message #778173 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-forward-alex-chiasson-to- have-hearing-over-hit-on-toronto-maple-leafs-jimmy-vesey-1.1 601362

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778181 is a reply to message #778177 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:05

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-forward-alex-chiasson-to- have-hearing-over-hit-on-toronto-maple-leafs-jimmy-vesey-1.1 601362

I didn't see what happened, I had turned it off by then. I don't condone hurting guys but at least he showed some emotion, too bad it was not the best way. They rest of the team looked like corpses.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778182 is a reply to message #778181 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Usual script from the morning show. Banging on the goalies as if that was the reason they lost.

They didn't score a single goal in 2 GAMES going up against 2nd and 3rd string goalies. The team, especially had ZERO jump in 2 straight games. You can't win without scoring a couple of goals. These last 2 losses are not on the goalies. Guess what. If who ever plays goal the next game stands on his head and the Oilers don't score a single, THEY WILL LOSE AGAIN. The Leafs top 6 without Matthews grossly outplayed the Oilers.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778184 is a reply to message #778182 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

You could see the sag last night after the second one went in. They seem to live and die by their goalies.
Just my opinion.

~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778186 is a reply to message #778184 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Ales Cooper wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:46

You could see the sag last night after the second one went in. They seem to live and die by their goalies.
Just my opinion.

They were 11-2 coming into these past 2 games, I believe #1 in scoring. If they sagged after the second one went in with 2.5 periods left and you are out shooting the Leafs at that point, then they are pretty fragile mentally which is a big problem.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778195 is a reply to message #778186 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:58

Just my opinion.

They were 11-2 coming into these past 2 games, I believe #1 in scoring. If they sagged after the second one went in with 2.5 periods left and you are out shooting the Leafs at that point, then they are pretty fragile mentally which is a big problem.

They still outshot the Leafs by a significant margin. I do think psychologically it's difficult when both goalies start you in a hole every night like they have been. There's definitely enough blame to go around on the goaltending for their miserable performances the last two games (and even the comeback game for that matter).

I do think the team needs to adjust to what Toronto is doing - because right now it looks like they have a game plan for playing the Oilers, and the Oilers plan is short-circuited because of it. It would help to have more penalties called on the Leafs, but the team can't rely on that and honestly, it does look like the Leafs are playing pretty disciplined.

I do put some of this on coaching. We saw last year in the playoffs that Tippett was slow to respond to what Chicago was doing effectively, and he doesn't seem to have made any real changes yesterday. We'll see if he does anything for the next game or if it looks pretty much the same. Toronto definitely was doing a good job trying to contain McDavid and Draisaitl, and keeping shots to the outside. They made it a lot easier on their goalies to get those shutouts, because the Oilers didn't seem to have a lot of chances from the kill zone.

I do hope that Tippett sticks with Bouchard. He and Bear were on for the early goals, but those were virtually the only chances against them all game and they pushed the puck in the right direction the rest of the game. Their on-ice save percentage last night was ridiculously bad.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778461 is a reply to message #778186 ]
Wed, 03 March 2021 21:25 Go to previous message

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:58

Just my opinion.

Just revisiting this thought.

~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778211 is a reply to message #778182 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:40

Usual script from the morning show. Banging on the goalies as if that was the reason they lost.

They didn't score a single goal in 2 GAMES going up against 2nd and 3rd string goalies. The team, especially had ZERO jump in 2 straight games. You can't win without scoring a couple of goals. These last 2 losses are not on the goalies. Guess what. If who ever plays goal the next game stands on his head and the Oilers don't score a single, THEY WILL LOSE AGAIN. The Leafs top 6 without Matthews grossly outplayed the Oilers.

While I respect the defense of the goalies, I'm going to disagree. When your goalies are letting in 3 goals in each of the first periods, it changes the way you play. Instead of taking risks, you're now just trying to stem the bleeding. It's hard to have confidence in making an aggressive play when you know the puck is going in the net if you screw up and there's a chance against you.

Garbage goalies suck the energy out of the team really quick. Given how well the 3rd and 4th lines contributed during February, I'd argue we have the forwards for a deep push in the playoffs, but goaltending and defense (to a lesser extent) are going to keep us a first round only team. What a shame.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778215 is a reply to message #778211 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

JPro wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 13:40

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:40

While I respect the defense of the goalies, I'm going to disagree. When your goalies are letting in 3 goals in each of the first periods, it changes the way you play. Instead of taking risks, you're now just trying to stem the bleeding. It's hard to have confidence in making an aggressive play when you know the puck is going in the net if you screw up and there's a chance against you.

Garbage goalies suck the energy out of the team really quick. Given how well the 3rd and 4th lines contributed during February, I'd argue we have the forwards for a deep push in the playoffs, but goaltending and defense (to a lesser extent) are going to keep us a first round only team. What a shame.

We will have to disagree then. I am not sticking up for the goalies at all, they need to be better. That second goal especially needed to be stop. But it was 10 mins into the first. There was almost the whole game left to go. I can understand a bit if the Oilers were coming in the opposite as to how they were. Losing of most of their games coming in, barely scoring, nothing going right. A bad goal goes in and I can understand if it was "here we go again" and they sink. But it's the opposite. Oilers have been one of the hottest teams in the leagues, scoring in bunches. Getting goals all over the place. Winning most of their games. Yes it sucks that Koskinen wasn't on and the second goal sucked but buckle down boys. Folding up the tent 10 mins into the game like that. Like come on.

Again, I am not sticking up for the goalies, they need to be better but before Dell got picked up on waivers, Hutchinson was their 4th string goalie. They can't score a freaking goal on a teams 3rd stringer? Sorry man but that's not on the goalie having a bad night. Score a freaking goal boys. Their PP SUCKED last night. Koskinen letting in a bad goal made them just pass the puck around for 2 mins not shooting?

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778188 is a reply to message #778181 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 09:22

I didn't see what happened, I had turned it off by then. I don't condone hurting guys but at least he showed some emotion, too bad it was not the best way. They rest of the team looked like corpses.

Is there any video of this anywhere? I saw them jawing at the end of the game, and then saw later that Chiasson had received 5 and a game misconduct, but never saw the highlight.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778190 is a reply to message #778188 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 11:15

Is there any video of this anywhere? I saw them jawing at the end of the game, and then saw later that Chiasson had received 5 and a game misconduct, but never saw the highlight.

There was a twitter post with a video of it, but it’s been deleted.

IMO Chiasson should get a game for it and I’d say the same thing if it was Jesse

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778194 is a reply to message #778188 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 10:15

I saw the video before it got taken down. He's having words with the guy and then gives him a sort of stick punch. I think it was mostly glove but he was holding the stick like a crosscheck. Probably a fine, maybe a single game since he's an Oiler.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778196 is a reply to message #778194 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 11:55

I saw the video before it got taken down. He's having words with the guy and then gives him a sort of stick punch. I think it was mostly glove but he was holding the stick like a crosscheck. Probably a fine, maybe a single game since he's an Oiler.

Reposted by another person, here’s the link;

https://twitter.com/steve_dangle/status/1366782694747746309? s=21

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778197 is a reply to message #778196 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 11:38

That is what it was? He gave him a punch in the head with his glove? That happens what, every game in a scrum. Rousell bare knuckle punches JP in the face when he isn't looked and gets 5k. Chiasson is facing the guy as they both probably lip eachother off, he punches him in the head and he's going to be suspended.

I don't get this league at all at times.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778198 is a reply to message #778197 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 12:55

That is what it was? He gave him a punch in the head with his glove? That happens what, every game in a scrum. Rousell bare knuckle punches JP in the face when he isn't looked and gets 5k. Chiasson is facing the guy as they both probably lip eachother off, he punches him in the head and he's going to be suspended.

I actually think it was the stick that caught him in the face

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778199 is a reply to message #778198 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 11:59

The first clip was more zoomed and I agree, stick caught him.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778200 is a reply to message #778199 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 12:59

Definitely more clear in the first one that was posted but deleted.

Likely a game or two. Fist would have been a different story likely.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778201 is a reply to message #778199 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 11:59

Makes a little more sense because I couldn't tell from the one clip.

I am not condoning the act but to me when a player skates up to a guy and clocks him in the face with your bare first a couple of times when he's not even looking, that seems more serious than than. Doesn't matter though, he shouldn't have done it.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778204 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Lines at practice today;

Neal-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Ennis-Khaira-Archibald
Russell-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Turris-Shore

Nurse-Bear
Russell-Barrie
Jones-Larsson
Lagesson-Bouchard

Add goalies;
Smith
Koskinen
Wells

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2021 12:29]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778205 is a reply to message #778204 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Please swap out Russell. Put in Nygard, he's way faster and the Leafs are a fast team. If Chiasson gets suspended, I would have Nygard - Haas- Turris as my 4th line.

The Oilers could use Kassian.

I hope they play Nuge with Leon and Yamo just so people can stop asking for it. It's a magic fix apparently. Leon and Yamo will magically make Nuge suddenly start hitting the net and cashing in on all of the shockingly golden looks McD gives him over and over again, game after game.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2021 12:38]

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778206 is a reply to message #778204 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 12:17

Lines at practice today;

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto

https://i.imgur.com/CHZfvp3.gif

Desperate times call for desperate measures! Or sometimes obvious ones too!

The analytics were decent for the Nuge with McDavid, but nearly everything still was driven by McDavid. I think Nuge was able to take his time more finding open areas to shoot playing with Drai and Yams who play much more of a possession game in the offensive end.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778207 is a reply to message #778206 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 12:26

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 12:17

Lines at practice today;

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto

https://i.imgur.com/CHZfvp3.gif

Desperate times call for desperate measures! Or sometimes obvious ones too!

The analytics were decent for the Nuge with McDavid, but nearly everything still was driven by McDavid. I think Nuge was able to take his time more finding open areas to shoot playing with Drai and Yams who play much more of a possession game in the offensive end.

Nuge does need to dust that puck off before he can shoot it so maybe McD is just too fast for him.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778221 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bouch at 5v5 was on for 19 shot attempts for and 3 against. 2/3 of the against ended up in the net. So, looks like he's out of the lineup next game.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778222 is a reply to message #778221 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 15:03

Bouch at 5v5 was on for 19 shot attempts for and 3 against. 2/3 of the against ended up in the net. So, looks like he's out of the lineup next game.

Rookies are gonna have games like that. The important thing is teaching them a lesson afterwards.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778223 is a reply to message #778222 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 16:06

Rookies are gonna have games like that. The important thing is teaching them a lesson afterwards.

When he loses his stick prior to one and the goalie allows a literal beach ball to over his glove for the other... definitely needs to be taught a lesson.

Let’s start the Starfish Kowboy in his place, that’ll learn him!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778225 is a reply to message #778223 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 15:33

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 16:06

When he loses his stick prior to one and the goalie allows a literal beach ball to over his glove for the other... definitely needs to be taught a lesson.

Let’s start the Starfish Kowboy in his place, that’ll learn him!

I am not advocating for Russell what so ever but playing a rookie against the best team in the league is tough enough. Playing a rookie on his offside stacks the deck against him. So if you keep Bouchard in, who comes out or who are you switching over to play their offside? Something has to give man.

I would not take out Barrie as they need his puck moving and he's their top scoring dman. I don't see how that goes over well in the room to sit the vet who's your PP QB and leads your defense in scoring all so the team and switch the raw rookie over to his natural side. If I am McD, while it's important to develop Bouchard, I want to win right now so I don't give a crap about the rookie at the moment. On a good night, Barrie is average defensively so I am not switching him to the left.

I am not putting Barrie or rookie, not a defensive guru Bouchard on the PK. So Larsson has to play.

Bear I don't believe has ever played the left side and he's not a finished product either considering its only his second year in the NHL so I don't think switching him to the left is a good idea.

So you either have to sit Bear which you probably don't want to do. Switch Larsson over to the left which personally I wouldn't do because he's playing well but due to a lack of footspeed, his margin for error is low so I don't know if making him play his offside helps him, or you have to sit Bouchard because like I said, playing a rookie on his offside is a mistake in my books.

So what's the answer? I am not trying to argue because I want Bouchard to play but right now, until an injury happens, I don't see how. Ideally, Lagesson would be playing over Russell.

I think the Oilers best dmen are as follows in order from their sides:
Left: Nurse, Lagesson, Jones, Russell. One can debate Jones is better than Lagesson but I am just going off recent play before injury and Lagesson was pretty solid.

Right: Larsson, Barrie, Bear, Bouchard. I give Bear the edge only because of experience.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2021 16:00]

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778226 is a reply to message #778153 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Chiasson officially suspended 1 game

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778227 is a reply to message #778226 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I think if he had of done it early in the game, they would have deemed the penalty time served but since it was at the end of the game, they felt they needed to do something.

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778228 is a reply to message #778227 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 16:32

I think if he had of done it early in the game, they would have deemed the penalty time served but since it was at the end of the game, they felt they needed to do something.

Always think of this 10k fine worthy play when I think of totally pointless crosschecks

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #24) [message #778229 is a reply to message #778228 ]
Tue, 02 March 2021 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 16:05

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 16:32

Always think of this 10k fine worthy play when I think of totally pointless crosschecks

Yeah NHL Corp Ministry of Safety at work.. classic.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22)
Next Topic:GDT: Toronto @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca