This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777500]
Thu, 25 February 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win: 0%
Vancouver to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2020-21 Regular Season
Wednesday, January 13, 2021Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Thursday, January 14, 2021Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Tuesday, February 23, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 3Win
Thursday, February 25, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 0Win
Saturday, March 13, 2021Edmonton 1 @ Vancouver 2Loss
Monday, May 3, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Vancouver 3Win
Tuesday, May 4, 2021Edmonton 4 @ Vancouver 1Win
Thursday, May 6, 2021Vancouver 6 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Saturday, May 8, 2021Vancouver 3 @ Edmonton 4Win
Saturday, May 15, 2021Vancouver 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Home Record: 2-3-0       Road Record: 4-1-0       Overall Record: 6-4-0
Home / Road Goals For: 16/17 Total: 33
Home / Road Goals Against: 20/9 Total: 29

2019-20 Regular Season
Wednesday, October 2, 2019Vancouver 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Saturday, November 30, 2019Vancouver 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Sunday, December 1, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Vancouver 2Win
Monday, December 23, 2019Edmonton 2 @ Vancouver 4Loss
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/5 Total: 10
Home / Road Goals Against: 7/6 Total: 13

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777509 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

No brainer statement but they can't lose this game. Canucks are down, feeling like crap I am sure from pissing away a 3-0 lead plus how they are playing. I expect they will come out hard in the first. Weather the storm, you are the better team, punch them in the mouth early to rattle them. Kick their ass. If they beat the Canucks, you put them 10 behind you and you basically eliminate them from the Oilers having to worry about them to make the playoffs. To make up 10 pts on a team, the Canucks would have to go on an insane run and the Oilers completely crap the bed for a long period of time.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777521 is a reply to message #777509 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Let's hope that the team doesn't decide to spot the Dys to another 3-0 or larger lead to start the game.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777522 is a reply to message #777521 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 11:13

Let's hope that the team doesn't decide to spot the Dys to another 3-0 or larger lead to start the game.

It's worked for Arizona. Maybe this is the new NHL?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777525 is a reply to message #777522 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Better not give them a 3 goal lead again, as I've gone for something other than 3 in the predictions comp!!! Whoop another 3am wake up to watch the match tonight.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777526 is a reply to message #777525 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The Canucks and Oilers usually have tight games but a comfortable win would be nice.

If McD could mix in another no look goal or maybe when he's flying down the wing just call out where he is about to put the puck then do it, that would be great.

All kidding aside, just win.

Big question, who does the Canucks start in goal? Both goalies are below .900 in save percentage and way over 3 goals a game in GA.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2021 11:49]

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777536 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Schmitty gets the start!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777537 is a reply to message #777536 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 12:33

Schmitty gets the start!

An epic clash between the power of guaranteed loss night and the Battler level of the Schmitty!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777539 is a reply to message #777537 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Unless he's hurt, I'd have New Westminster boy Turris in for P. Russell. He's missed 3 games in a row, maybe you can get something out of him. Better chance to get a goal that Russell.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777540 is a reply to message #777539 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Another 11pm start. Yet another reason to hate the Canucks :/

If we play like I hear we did in periods 2 & 3 of that last game, then this should be a spanking. A little surprised that they're running with Smith again, but we'll see how it goes.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777544 is a reply to message #777540 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 13:30

Another 11pm start. Yet another reason to hate the Canucks :/

If we play like I hear we did in periods 2 & 3 of that last game, then this should be a spanking. A little surprised that they're running with Smith again, but we'll see how it goes.

I wouldn't want "my" team playing often at 11 pm, but I sure wouldn't mind the odd 11 pm start. Is there an arena in Hawaii? I also would like more afternoon games. Why can't I have a daily quadruple header? It's 2021.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777571 is a reply to message #777539 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 13:02

Unless he's hurt, I'd have New Westminster boy Turris in for P. Russell. He's missed 3 games in a row, maybe you can get something out of him. Better chance to get a goal that Russell.

Turris is injured I believe. He has not been a healthy scratch.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777578 is a reply to message #777571 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 16:56

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 13:02

Turris is injured I believe. He has not been a healthy scratch.

Correct. LBI.

Had a run in with....... someone... in practice a bit ago. Has turned out okay for the team so far with him not in the lineup, though he probably makes the 4th line better as a winger? Maybe? Likely not over Neal or Chiasson. And definitely not at C over Haaaaaas. Imo anyway.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777546 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Sounds like Bear will be back tonight also. That right side looks nice... wonder if they slide Bouchard over to the left or what the plan is.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777549 is a reply to message #777546 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Even though I am not a fan usually, I would go 7 dmen tonight. P. Russell doesn't do anything for you. Bear has been out a long time and with a concussion, you just never know. You can skate hard in practice all you want, it's nothing like a game so it will take him a few to get up to game speed. Plus you aren't potentially getting drilled in a practice so to be safe, have an extra guy.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777553 is a reply to message #777549 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 15:07

Even though I am not a fan usually, I would go 7 dmen tonight. P. Russell doesn't do anything for you. Bear has been out a long time and with a concussion, you just never know. You can skate hard in practice all you want, it's nothing like a game so it will take him a few to get up to game speed. Plus you aren't potentially getting drilled in a practice so to be safe, have an extra guy.

Vancouver is a fast team, I didnt get the PRuss over Nygard argument tueaday and I wouldn’t get it tonight either.

I’m not a fan of the 7D thing either, but if it’s a matter of keeping Bouchard in the lineup or then trotting PRuss out there again, 7D would be a welcomed sight.

Edit: to be faaaaaair, Bear in and either Russell out is a bonus.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2021 14:19]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777555 is a reply to message #777553 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 14:16

Vancouver is a fast team, I didnt get the PRuss over Nygard argument tueaday and I wouldn’t get it tonight either.

I’m not a fan of the 7D thing either, but if it’s a matter of keeping Bouchard in the lineup or then trotting PRuss out there again, 7D would be a welcomed sight.

It's the concussion thing that worries me about Bear. I think they really took their time with him as they can be tricky but he already had a set back. I'd hate to see him suddenly have another set back early in the game.

They are really going to have some tough decisions when Lagesson is ready. So you take out Russell for Bear which means a righty has to slide over to the left but when Lagesson is ready, I think he played well enough and deserves to go back in. He's great on the PK.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777579 is a reply to message #777555 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 15:23

It's the concussion thing that worries me about Bear. I think they really took their time with him as they can be tricky but he already had a set back. I'd hate to see him suddenly have another set back early in the game.

They are really going to have some tough decisions when Lagesson is ready. So you take out Russell for Bear which means a righty has to slide over to the left but when Lagesson is ready, I think he played well enough and deserves to go back in. He's great on the PK.

I’d agree, fully. Which is where Jones comes out again. Imo. Wild Bill back with Larsson, Bouch and Bear then Nurse and Barrie.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777584 is a reply to message #777553 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

With a young D and a suspiciously weak 4th line centre spot open, I like running 7 D. You can cherry pick Bouchard and Bear’s zones starts and sub in 97 or 29 at center for extra offence on the bottom line.

McDavid and Draisaitl were feasting on 4th line matchups in previous games.

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777572 is a reply to message #777546 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Hopefully Bear plays third pairing minutes for a while. He was... not good this year BEFORE he had a concussion that he couldn't shake - I'm scared to think how he could look if he can't shake the cobwebs.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777573 is a reply to message #777572 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 16:01

Hopefully Bear plays third pairing minutes for a while. He was... not good this year BEFORE he had a concussion that he couldn't shake - I'm scared to think how he could look if he can't shake the cobwebs.

His fancy stats suggest he was actually pretty solid. I think with both Bear and Jones, people remember single plays more than they do their overall game.

Probably true of Larsson and Russell too but their numbers don't bear up to scrutiny as well...(although to be fair, Larsson has got better as the season has progressed).

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777576 is a reply to message #777573 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

I hope that the fancies are correct, and definitely believe they could be. Could easily be recency bias on my part - where the most recent gaffe outweighs solid play, in my crabby, old mind.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777582 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oilers running 7 D tonight I think.. predict Nurse will take the opportunity of having the luxury of an extra D to tune up Rousell..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777586 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Sens pumping the Flames 5-1.

icon_lol

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777588 is a reply to message #777586 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 18:14

Sens pumping the Flames 5-1.

icon_lol

6-1

Sens finally getting it together.. Flames aren't even in the game.. predict they take the next 3 vs Flames as well.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777597 is a reply to message #777500 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Day off tomorrow... 6 month old going through one of those ‘leaps’... LFG Oilers

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777598 is a reply to message #777597 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Would like to see a quick goal to start this one I read somewhere Holtby starts tonight,

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777601 is a reply to message #777598 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

sinfulchimp306 wrote on Thu, 25 February 2021 20:55

Would like to see a quick goal to start this one I read somewhere Holtby starts tonight,

7D for the Oil.

I heard it was Demko again.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22) [message #777609 is a reply to message #777601 ]
Thu, 25 February 2021 20:18 Go to previous message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Turns out its demko, oilersnation had it as holtby

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #22)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #21)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca