Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777102 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Huge taking 4 points in regulation from this b2b

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777105 is a reply to message #777102 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:43

Huge taking 4 points in regulation from this b2b

Especially from Calgary- always nice to see the team win the Battles of Alberta.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777106 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

“I’m putting all the pressure on myself to turn this thing around for us,” said Tkachuk, whose uninspiring play of late mirrors that of his team.

“It starts tonight and I’m prepared to do whatever I can. For me personally, I’ve got to get going. All the pressure should be on me to perform. It shouldn’t be on anyone else. I haven’t been at my best and it’s time to get going and help this team get some wins. I haven’t performed the way I’d like personally, so all the pressure should be on me to try to provide emotion from the drop of the puck tonight.”

Well done Matthew.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777107 is a reply to message #777106 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:47

“I’m putting all the pressure on myself to turn this thing around for us,” said Tkachuk, whose uninspiring play of late mirrors that of his team.

“It starts tonight and I’m prepared to do whatever I can. For me personally, I’ve got to get going. All the pressure should be on me to perform. It shouldn’t be on anyone else. I haven’t been at my best and it’s time to get going and help this team get some wins. I haven’t performed the way I’d like personally, so all the pressure should be on me to try to provide emotion from the drop of the puck tonight.”

Well done Matthew.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/WrUreFR7tR2dpUSx9K/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b2a9po781xllpcdx0v9pqkzf1ls2ssglpk3wl1zsk&rid=giphy.gif

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777110 is a reply to message #777106 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:47

Well done Matthew.

Slow. Clap.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777112 is a reply to message #777106 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:47

Well done Matthew.

He did it! Successful lunge into Koskinen after a little push in the back. Mission accomplished. He can take another couple weeks off with the rest of the crew.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777114 is a reply to message #777112 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

If last night was a bit of a snooze fest with players socially distancing themselves from each other, tonight was a bit more fun, with a bit more grit and closer to the BoA that we know. Hopefully Slater and Yam's are OK, but that didn't stop us from turning up the heat on that lot.

If Tkachuk wants to keep putting more attention into trying to wind up our players than playing hockey and encourages his team mates to follow suit we could see more results against that lot like this going forward.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777116 is a reply to message #777114 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Fun to beat them back to back and put the heat on them for a while.

Now the team has to keep it up and not give these points back against a minnow in Vancouver.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777130 is a reply to message #777106 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

And the follow-up quote from Tkachuk:

Quote:

Eric Francis
@EricFrancis

"That sucked. That was probably one of the toughest moments since I've been here. My one thought is I feel terrible for our goalies. They come in and the battle every practice and every game and if it wasn’t for them who knows where we’d be. Pretty close to the bottom." Tkachuk

Delicious.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777108 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twilson1111  is currently offline twilson1111

No Cups

For what it’s worth, this is the first game that my newly 4 year old son showed some interest in the Oilers and Connor. Good timing, boy!

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777109 is a reply to message #777108 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

twilson1111 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:49

For what it’s worth, this is the first game that my newly 4 year old son showed some interest in the Oilers and Connor. Good timing, boy!

Congrats!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777111 is a reply to message #777109 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twilson1111  is currently offline twilson1111

No Cups

Thanks! Now i need to figure out how to break it to him that he lives in Cgy...

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777113 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

HNIC guys giving Nurse some love, and I have to join in.

I know I complain about him being all over the place and unpredictable, but part of that is just how ridiculously involved he is all night in everything. If he does calm down some of the random chasing of the play, he could be a legit consistent top pairing guy. And calming down that kinda stuff is relatively one of the things that you can actually expect D to learn to do as they get more experience.

He still needs some help making plays with the puck, but his athleticism and seemingly limitless energy out there and desire to just always be involved in everything. Dude is a gamer. And we're lucky to have him this year with what happened to Klef. 33:24 of ice time tonight, and still messing with Lames to his last shift.

Do I also have to give MacT credit for having that burrito that lead to his bathroom meeting with Nurse's grandpa? Nah... Maybe credit to the maker of the burrito.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 February 2021 23:01]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777117 is a reply to message #777113 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:59

I know I complain about him being all over the place and unpredictable, but part of that is just how ridiculously involved he is all night in everything. If he does calm down some of the random chasing of the play, he could be a legit consistent top pairing guy. And calming down that kinda stuff is relatively one of the things that you can actually expect D to learn to do as they get more experience.

He still needs some help making plays with the puck, but his athleticism and seemingly limitless energy out there and desire to just always be involved in everything. Dude is a gamer. And we're lucky to have him this year with what happened to Klef. 33:24 of ice time tonight, and still messing with Lames to his last shift.

Do I also have to give MacT credit for having that burrito that lead to his bathroom meeting with Nurse's grandpa? Nah...

I’m with ya Kr. Nurse has looked much better lately. Dare I say that Barrie may be playing a big part in that?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777125 is a reply to message #777117 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:03

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:59

Do I also have to give MacT credit for having that burrito that lead to his bathroom meeting with Nurse's grandpa? Nah...

I’m with ya Kr. Nurse has looked much better lately. Dare I say that Barrie may be playing a big part in that?

I think it's just the vocal leadership of guys like Neal and Smith...

I kid, I kid.

Nurse was really good tonight.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777121 is a reply to message #777113 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:59

Do I also have to give MacT credit for having that burrito that lead to his bathroom meeting with Nurse's grandpa? Nah... Maybe credit to the maker of the burrito.

Yup Nurse is assuming the role. Helluva game.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777115 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Beauty to crush the hapless Flames on the 2nd of back to back. This is probably double digits if the Oilers didn't basically sit their top 6 for the 3rd. Tip called the dogs off, clearly. I loved the bottom 6 on the PP, to be honest. Probably embarrassed the Flames and their sad sack fans more than 3 more goals would.

Haven't been on Calgary Puck for years but entertaining tonight. Connor probably watched the Matthews for the Hart BS and gave it a bit of a beatdown. Matthew's isn't even the best player on his own team.

Flames just don't have any guys including Tkachuk who have any kind of message for the Oilers when the game gets out of hand like this. Lucic has become a p***y. Bennett who wants out of Cowtown is the only guy with more than a feeble pulse. I frigging love it. A lot of guys talking and no delivery. Watching the post game and laughing at Hrudey splaining for the Flames.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777119 is a reply to message #777115 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Note to TIP: get another job if you think you are doing McD a favour by sitting him in the 3rd period of a game where he is on a roll. Look at the Gretzky era tapes for gawd's sake. boom

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777122 is a reply to message #777119 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:08

Note to TIP: get another job if you think you are doing McD a favour by sitting him in the 3rd period of a game where he is on a roll. Look at the Gretzky era tapes for gawd's sake. boom

I agree. With the Matthews MVP chatter and the fact he’s had back to back 4 pt games.

97 should have gotten normal shifts and PP time, but was cut back by having an outstanding 1st period and basically being the catalyst behind the early blow out.

He would never admit it, but I would be agitated.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777124 is a reply to message #777122 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:12

I agree. With the Matthews MVP chatter and the fact he’s had back to back 4 pt games.

97 should have gotten normal shifts and PP time, but was cut back by having an outstanding 1st period and basically being the catalyst behind the early blow out.

He would never admit it, but I would be agitated.

"Give me a coach to let me be my best. I have been playing great D. Give me a bone where I am also getting a couple of points."

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777123 is a reply to message #777119 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I hear ya but nope, I didnt mind it, Flames might have quit sucking their thumbs and playing soft and rolled out the ape show. Why get a guy hurt from a cheap shot?

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777127 is a reply to message #777123 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:15

I hear ya but nope, I didnt mind it, Flames might have quit sucking their thumbs and playing soft and rolled out the ape show. Why get a guy hurt from a cheap shot?

Certainly Giordano is capable of taking out McD's knee again for fun... but NO powerplay time? Crazy. Just Crazy... If McD ever needed a reason to leave if the team doesn't have playoff success right away... ??? Sorry TIP... you have made so many bad decisions... I'm not a fan.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777128 is a reply to message #777123 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

They cheapshotted two guys anyhow tonight, and they played hard to the final shift. The Oilers called the dogs off, but the Flames never did. If someone goes completely headhunting on the best player in the game they're going to get a major suspension, so it's not likely to happen. It was a hell of a lot more likely in the 80s when people just didn't get suspended for much, but the Oilers still would run up the score whenever they could.

Let the best players do special things. There are only so many nights in a career where you have a chance to really put up huge numbers so if you have 5 points halfway through the game, let them AT LEAST take a regular shift and get PP minutes.

Honestly, I think it's more disrespectful to a team to put 4th liners out on the PP than it is to run up the score. It says we don't even care if we score here.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777165 is a reply to message #777128 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:23

They cheapshotted two guys anyhow tonight, and they played hard to the final shift. The Oilers called the dogs off, but the Flames never did. If someone goes completely headhunting on the best player in the game they're going to get a major suspension, so it's not likely to happen. It was a hell of a lot more likely in the 80s when people just didn't get suspended for much, but the Oilers still would run up the score whenever they could.

Let the best players do special things. There are only so many nights in a career where you have a chance to really put up huge numbers so if you have 5 points halfway through the game, let them AT LEAST take a regular shift and get PP minutes.

Honestly, I think it's more disrespectful to a team to put 4th liners out on the PP than it is to run up the score. It says we don't even care if we score here.

You sit your starter when its 42-10 in the 3rd quarter for the same reason, you want him healthy to win the next one. I'd rather see good players have a better chance of being healthy and a playoff run than padded stats. This is petty criticism of Tippett in this situation if Connor plays 3 min and change of the 3rd period with 5 points already in a blowout. I really don't give a damn about disrespect to the Flames anyway, if 4th liners on the PP hurts their feelings, great.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777170 is a reply to message #777165 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 15:54

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:23

You sit your starter when its 42-10 in the 3rd quarter for the same reason, you want him healthy to win the next one. I'd rather see good players have a better chance of being healthy and a playoff run than padded stats. This is petty criticism of Tippett in this situation if Connor plays 3 min and change of the 3rd period with 5 points already in a blowout. I really don't give a damn about disrespect to the Flames anyway, if 4th liners on the PP hurts their feelings, great.

Ya, I'm sure Tipp sees it as a win-win-win. He gets to rest his best players, he gets to avoid a team far behind just gooning it up and intentionally injuring stars, and he gets the team a lot of experience playing defensively.

I've noticed this team is getting better clogging up the neutral zone and keeping players outside, which limits scoring chances. Less of the odd-man rushes we saw in the first week or two. That probably just comes with repetition, which Tipp can get when up 6 in the 3rd.

It also just gives players on the lower lines more ice time. They deserve to get some live game shifts to show what they can do.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777118 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Its so weird how a win over the Cow Pies can brighten one's day so much! icon_nod

Koski played solid, McDavid is All Galaxy, he's freaking Extra-Terrestrial

Team starting to play smart positional hockey overall, addition by subtraction (Turris), Khaira finally playing the game he has to play, keep it on the boards, keep position, get position, separate guys from the puck. Same with Haaaaaas, two bottom two centers are playing sound hockey at the moment, a most positive development.

Nurse going Norris level, Barrie starting to feel it, Bouchard is so smart and slick, great hands, he'll be a great one. Nuge starting to get the range and finishing his chances.. its a good day in the Oiler neighbourhood!

I think having Smith as a goal parnterner Koski plays way better, I think Smith is Koski's emotional support coach.. going good! <knock> <knock> <knock> wood

[Updated on: Sat, 20 February 2021 23:11]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777126 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Lots of #Oilerspositives tonight but it sure seemed like we allowed a LOT of shots against, especially in the third.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777129 is a reply to message #777126 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:20

Lots of #Oilerspositives tonight but it sure seemed like we allowed a LOT of shots against, especially in the third.

I saw a lot of outside shots right into the crest. And a whole lot more that were actually blocked. Those "blocked shots" weren't there when the OIL were 3-6.

This team looks powerful. LEAFS-OIL next Sat?

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777131 is a reply to message #777129 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

regarding TKACHUK...

I give him full points for calling out his team (and maybe himself) for being soft against the OIL last game... personally, he SHOWED UP. I didn't notice anyone else (maybe Bennett with that elbow)... i.e. LUCIC ...follow his lead. Not enough FLAMES showed the heart TKACHUK had this game. I appreciate a guy who hates losing...

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777132 is a reply to message #777131 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:48

regarding TKACHUK...

I give him full points for calling out his team (and maybe himself) for being soft against the OIL last game... personally, he SHOWED UP. I didn't notice anyone else (maybe Bennett with that elbow)... i.e. LUCIC ...follow his lead. Not enough FLAMES showed the heart TKACHUK had this game. I appreciate a guy who hates losing...

I only appreciate watching him lose.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777133 is a reply to message #777132 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I hear ya... but would you like a player like him on the left side of McD???

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777137 is a reply to message #777133 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 23:09

I hear ya... but would you like a player like him on the left side of McD???

No he's too slow.. we have Holloway comin' icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777138 is a reply to message #777088 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

I told all you non-believers that things weren't that bad.

Habs, Jets. and Oilers now in a virtual tie with Calgary 2.5 games back (and facing the Leafs next) and Nucks and Ottawa way in the distance.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777142 is a reply to message #777138 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 02:36

Habs, Jets. and Oilers now in a virtual tie with Calgary 2.5 games back (and facing the Leafs next) and Nucks and Ottawa way in the distance.

Didn’t you pick the Flamers to win yesterday?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777143 is a reply to message #777142 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 09:58

NetBOG wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 16:42

Calgary

Can confirm

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777158 is a reply to message #777143 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 09:04

Calgary

Can confirm

Survivor is different than reality, NetBog plays that game to win. Had the Flames won we'd have a new champions and I'd be starting the new thread.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777163 is a reply to message #777158 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 14:55

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 09:04

Calgary

Can confirm

Survivor is different than reality, NetBog plays that game to win. Had the Flames won we'd have a new champions and I'd be starting the new thread.

But then we couldn’t get bathrobe his new name

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777162 is a reply to message #777142 ]
Sun, 21 February 2021 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 21 February 2021 08:58

I guess that settles it, picking Calgary to beat Edmonton in a Survivor thread discredits his past few months of posts telling us the sky isn’t falling.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777177 is a reply to message #777138 ]
Mon, 22 February 2021 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

This is the mistake that some people around here make - they think that criticism of the Oilers stems from the team being hopeless. That is no longer the case. The team has the top two scorers in the league and a few other nice pieces.

The team SHOULD be a Cup contender. They aren't because management hasn't addressed a couple of glaring holes, the most obvious being goaltender. Can we win games with Koskinen and Smith? Yes. Can we make the playoffs? Likely - there's two awful teams in the division and only 7 teams, so we only need to beat out one other team to get there and again, we have two of the best players in the world.

But it's hard to see this as a Championship team with the goaltending as it is, and any year we're not pushing deep in the playoffs now is a failure. McDavid and Draisaitl are only in their prime for a relatively short window, and so it isn't enough now just to make the playoffs and make an early exit. This team needs to be winning playoff rounds, and if bad goaltending trips us up again, it's a massive fail.

I'm thrilled we swept the Flames and are in a decent spot currently, with a chance to make up real ground on the 1st place Leafs next week. But I can't just stick my head in the sand and pretend there aren't real flaws to this team, or that those flaws aren't likely to hold back the team from realizing its potential.

I hope that the management is focused on that and are looking at finding a solution, but I don't have a lot of faith in management, given the last two decades of work out of them. I think that's pretty fair too.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #21)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca