This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Bouchard Called Up
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Bouchard Called Up [message #754995]
Wed, 19 February 2020 10:04 Go to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Should be interesting to see him at NHL pace..

Apparently if he plays 10 games, Oil lose a year of entry...

[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2020 10:42]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755002 is a reply to message #754995 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 10:04

Gotta think they avoid the 10 games at all costs. But, would be nice to see him get some games in. With all the forward injuries, I wonder if we end up playing 7D at some point. 4th line is total garbage anyways.

It is kinda nice to have a bit of depth in the AHL that actually has a hope to be useful in the NHL. This season is very unusual for this team with Yams, Benson and Bouchard coming up with a shot to be useful. Jones too.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755004 is a reply to message #755002 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 09:53

Gotta think they avoid the 10 games at all costs. But, would be nice to see him get some games in. With all the forward injuries, I wonder if we end up playing 7D at some point. 4th line is total garbage anyways.

It is kinda nice to have a bit of depth in the AHL that actually has a hope to be useful in the NHL. This season is very unusual for this team with Yams, Benson and Bouchard coming up with a shot to be useful. Jones too.

Its almost like they have a farm system...

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755005 is a reply to message #755002 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Not to get ahead of myself - but are those 10 games any 10 games, meaning do playoffs count?

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755006 is a reply to message #755005 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 09:57

Not to get ahead of myself - but are those 10 games any 10 games, meaning do playoffs count?

The 10 game limit to allow the first year of an entry level contract slide, includes both regular season and playoffs.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755010 is a reply to message #755006 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

MJ wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 11:02

The 10 game limit to allow the first year of an entry level contract slide, includes both regular season and playoffs.

Looks like we will have to decide between a cup win and burning a year for Bouchard.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755022 is a reply to message #755006 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 10:02

Do AHL games count? For some reason I thought entry level slides only applied to amateur players...

Clean house or bust

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755024 is a reply to message #755022 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 13:36

Do AHL games count? For some reason I thought entry level slides only applied to amateur players...

AHL doesn't count. Can only slide if the player was 19 or younger as of Sept 15 of that year (which Bouchard was for this season, turned 20 in October).

10 games in the NHL from here until the end of playoffs (playoffs????) and ELC year 1 is gone for him.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755031 is a reply to message #755024 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 12:38

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 13:36

AHL doesn't count. Can only slide if the player was 19 or younger as of Sept 15 of that year (which Bouchard was for this season, turned 20 in October).

10 games in the NHL from here until the end of playoffs (playoffs????) and ELC year 1 is gone for him.

Ah thanks. It's strange seeing Yamo and Bouchard playing their draft + 2 seasons in the AHL. Must be due to their birthdays or some sort of recent change in the agreement with the NHL and Junior.

So I guess this means the Oilers burned a year of Yamamoto's ELC last year with his 17 NHL games. Thanks Pete!

Clean house or bust

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755036 is a reply to message #755002 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 10:53

23 regular season games, and Klefbom's not likely out that long. Russell is even closer to coming back. Only way that Bouchard plays 10+ games is if he's so good that the team can't afford not to play him. If that's the case, I have no issue keeping him here. Worry about what that does to his cap hit in a couple years time - it's a good problem to have.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755033 is a reply to message #754995 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Gotta be honest ... I don't like the call-up ... unless Benning is banged up and liable to miss a game or two. We need a leftie, not a rightie, to replace K-Bomb. And Bouchard needs to be playing, not sitting in the pressbox.

On the other hand, perhaps this is mostly so Bouchard can experience the pace of NHL practices and get a taste of the atmosphere of intense in-season games and playoff races.

But I'd rather see him continue to marinate in California.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755037 is a reply to message #755033 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 14:49

Gotta be honest ... I don't like the call-up ... unless Benning is banged up and liable to miss a game or two. We need a leftie, not a rightie, to replace K-Bomb. And Bouchard needs to be playing, not sitting in the pressbox.

On the other hand, perhaps this is mostly so Bouchard can experience the pace of NHL practices and get a taste of the atmosphere of intense in-season games and playoff races.

But I'd rather see him continue to marinate in California.

I think you don't bring him up simply to sit him - the team should be planning to deploy him at some point here. With Klefbom out, there's an opportunity to see him step in on the powerplay - which is supposed to be his specialty. Play him low minutes on the third pairing, and then first PP unit and see how he does. Hopefully he can put up a few points and honestly, as dangerous as the PP unit has been this year, I would love to see how a right hand shooter could change things. Chiasson's the only right shot getting regular time with the first unit, and he's more the net front guy. I'd love to see that one-timer play added to the mix.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755050 is a reply to message #754995 ]
Wed, 19 February 2020 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

This is how the team figured out Bear had enough seasoning to be able to play well at the NHL level so hopefully Bouchard can show his stuff too in whatever games he plays. Would be nice if they had to make a tough decision when it comes time to send him back to Bakersfield.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755292 is a reply to message #755050 ]
Sat, 22 February 2020 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

And Bouchard heads to California, but Bakersfield, not LA, and Colby Cave tags along.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-assign-boucha rd-cave-to-bakersfield/c-315401560

More ripening is okay.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755294 is a reply to message #755292 ]
Sat, 22 February 2020 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 16:44

And Bouchard heads to California, but Bakersfield, not LA, and Colby Cave tags along.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-assign-boucha rd-cave-to-bakersfield/c-315401560

More ripening is okay.

I don't really get why you bring him up to eat popcorn for a couple days. Not sure there's any value in that. I guess there's no harm, but still - what's the point? I guess he gets a much bigger paycheque this month, so it's a little carrot.

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755295 is a reply to message #755294 ]
Sat, 22 February 2020 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 17:33

More ripening is okay.

I don't really get why you bring him up to eat popcorn for a couple days. Not sure there's any value in that. I guess there's no harm, but still - what's the point? I guess he gets a much bigger paycheque this month, so it's a little carrot.

He was the only extra player we had. Guess the worst case is a D gets hurt and he slots in. If a forward gets hurt, you can play 7D. Thankfully, we didn't lose 1 more guy and we finally should be getting players back.

Tough thing for Bouchard to get him into games earlier is who comes out? Do you play Benning on his off side to take out Lagesson? We have no RHD that have played the left side. You're not taking Larsson or Bear out for Bouchard.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2020 17:36]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755298 is a reply to message #755295 ]
Sat, 22 February 2020 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 17:35

More ripening is okay.

He was the only extra player we had. Guess the worst case is a D gets hurt and he slots in. If a forward gets hurt, you can play 7D. Thankfully, we didn't lose 1 more guy and we finally should be getting players back.

Tough thing for Bouchard to get him into games earlier is who comes out? Do you play Benning on his off side to take out Lagesson? We have no RHD that have played the left side. You're not taking Larsson or Bear out for Bouchard.

Persson has played well in the AHL too...

ANd there's always a change to let Keegan come see the fam...

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755299 is a reply to message #755298 ]
Sat, 22 February 2020 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 17:51

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 22 February 2020 17:35

More ripening is okay.

Persson has played well in the AHL too...

ANd there's always a change to let Keegan come see the fam...

Think Bouch has been better in the A. He deserves an NHL cheque :) And it's good still for him to practice with the team, even if he didn't get a chance to play.

Keegan...his leadership would be missed too much with the COndors I guess :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Bouchard Called Up [message #755377 is a reply to message #754995 ]
Sun, 23 February 2020 19:18 Go to previous message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Not sure why Keegan doesn’t get a chance, there’s a combined 6 Stanley Cups between him and his dad. Oilers could use that come playoff time.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #62)
Next Topic:GDT: Minnesota @ Edmonton (Game #61)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca