Oilers » GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752655]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752656 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Thankfully the Toronto game didn't go to overtime. Even my Centre Ice channel didn't work to get this game at 7. I hope we see our game from the start on 360.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752657 is a reply to message #752656 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:07

Thankfully the Toronto game didn't go to overtime. Even my Centre Ice channel didn't work to get this game at 7. I hope we see our game from the start on 360.

SNWest switched over before the Toronto game ended icon_smile

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752658 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

What a start! nono

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752659 is a reply to message #752658 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike Smith special with some help from Larsson. Assist to Lucic.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752660 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

You wouldn’t want to start the McDavid line. This is like what the Raptors did with Kawhi. Load management.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752662 is a reply to message #752660 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:20

You wouldn’t want to start the McDavid line. This is like what the Raptors did with Kawhi. Load management.

Last change - if the other team's coach plays his fourth line, you have to play yours too - don't you???

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752661 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Why does Russell still panic like a rookie in his second NHL game.

Good grief man..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752663 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

Is Koskinen hurt? He definitely would have been my choice to start this game if he isn't.

5 Cups and counting.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752665 is a reply to message #752663 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wow. I think we got lucky there. That looked 100% across to me.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752664 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Not completely over the line.

Exact same thing as when they disallowed McDavid last year.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752666 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Smith if you are hurt you better take yourself out buddy.

Too much at stake.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752668 is a reply to message #752666 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

If you had nuge and monahan is the fight pool... good pick! I didn’t see it coming.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752673 is a reply to message #752668 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:48

If you had nuge and monahan is the fight pool... good pick! I didn’t see it coming.

20 picks in the fight survivor pool and I wouldnt have gotten that one right but THAT is what I want to see from the BAO. Pissed off guys fighting out of anger and emotion.

As I type this Zack gets his matchup. Good for turtle for dropping the flippers. Wasnt the best fight but KAssian got a couple in and seemed good after.
I liked Rinaldo's "fight me next" chirp. Here's to hoping he does something to end up in the box and Kassian gets the game winner this time.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752678 is a reply to message #752673 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:55

20 picks in the fight survivor pool and I wouldnt have gotten that one right but THAT is what I want to see from the BAO. Pissed off guys fighting out of anger and emotion.

As I type this Zack gets his matchup. Good for turtle for dropping the flippers. Wasnt the best fight but KAssian got a couple in and seemed good after.
I liked Rinaldo's "fight me next" chirp. Here's to hoping he does something to end up in the box and Kassian gets the game winner this time.

I'd be responding to Rinaldo with the same chirps that Tkachuk was giving Kassian last year. Call him a plug and say you don't fight players who are that much worse than you. Tell him that "Coach says I can't because we need you on the ice."

There's just no reason to have a non-fourth liner fight a fourth liner.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752682 is a reply to message #752678 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:08

I'd be responding to Rinaldo with the same chirps that Tkachuk was giving Kassian last year. Call him a plug and say you don't fight players who are that much worse than you. Tell him that "Coach says I can't because we need you on the ice."

Totally agree.

There’s no need to fight that stiff.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752683 is a reply to message #752682 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:15

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:08

Totally agree.

There’s no need to fight that stiff.

Or that dumb caveman for that matter..

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752684 is a reply to message #752682 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Small pet peeve about play-by-play guys - I hate when they act all surprised about lines getting shuffled when there's really good, easy-to-see reasons for it. McDavid & Draisaitl are playing together because both of them have a linemate in the penalty box for five minutes.

Ditto for first shifts after powerplays or penalty kills. They're so often really surprised that the coach is "bringing out the blender" and then equally shocked when the lines are back to normal two shifts later.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752686 is a reply to message #752684 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 22:20

Small pet peeve about play-by-play guys - I hate when they act all surprised about lines getting shuffled when there's really good, easy-to-see reasons for it. McDavid & Draisaitl are playing together because both of them have a linemate in the penalty box for five minutes.

Ditto for first shifts after powerplays or penalty kills. They're so often really surprised that the coach is "bringing out the blender" and then equally shocked when the lines are back to normal two shifts later.

Also!

That penalty. They were discussing if it went off Klefbom. Smith played it a good 8 inches outside the trapezoid... is that not a penalty regardless?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752687 is a reply to message #752686 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RIdiculous. They let Tkachuk have about three straight slashes and finally call it when Draisaitl gives one back. That's some veteran crappy reffing there...

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752689 is a reply to message #752687 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:27

RIdiculous. They let Tkachuk have about three straight slashes and finally call it when Draisaitl gives one back. That's some veteran crappy reffing there...

The important thing is they’re kicking people out of the face off circle. That’s what gets a game out of hand.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752690 is a reply to message #752689 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Growing to hate Mangiapane...

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752691 is a reply to message #752690 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 22:40

Definitely seems to get up for these games

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752692 is a reply to message #752691 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:40

Smith managed to look like a pretty small 6'5 there...that shot wasn't right in the corner by any stretch.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752693 is a reply to message #752692 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:41

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:40

Smith managed to look like a pretty small 6'5 there...that shot wasn't right in the corner by any stretch.

I can never get a bead on what this guy is thinking on some plays. Pad stacking etc.

He’s a bit of a spazz.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752782 is a reply to message #752687 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:27

Another example of NHL's refereeing, Turtle slashes LD. then slashes RNH, then slashes LD again ... and Refs take only two off... classic NHL.

After watching the NHL embarrass itself by constantly promoting the Tkchuks all over their All-Star weekend promenade, I'm beginning to realize that the NHL/Bettman/Parros actually consider the Tkchuks as some pathetic type of NHL "royalty", and they get their own rule book. One set of rules for the commoner, and another for the "Royals".

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752667 is a reply to message #752655 ]

5 Cups

NUUUUUUUGE! Hahaha what the heeeeck! HahHaha unreal.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752669 is a reply to message #752655 ]

6 Cups

Wow. Fireworks!

Bit of a dirty first shot from Monahan if you ask me. Gloves still on for Nugent-Hopkins at the time.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752671 is a reply to message #752669 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

And then the main event - Tkachuk vs. Kassian with Kassian laying a licking on the Turtle.

Guaranteed Calgary fans are questioning how come Lucic looks so laid back right now...we've seen that act before though...

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752675 is a reply to message #752671 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:53

And then the main event - Tkachuk vs. Kassian with Kassian laying a licking on the Turtle.

Guaranteed Calgary fans are questioning how come Lucic looks so laid back right now...we've seen that act before though...

I popped over to CP for a minute. There are a few posts already about Lucic coasting around and a few more about him letting up on hits, specifically one on McDavid triggered them.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752680 is a reply to message #752675 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:57

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:53

I popped over to CP for a minute. There are a few posts already about Lucic coasting around and a few more about him letting up on hits, specifically one on McDavid triggered them.

Only people who have to worry about Lucic are guys like Nygard and Archibald who weren't here last year. And chances are if he were to go after them, he would be trying to find a way to get tossed so that he doesn't have to be part of anything else.

Who was that poor innocent he went after with the Kings last year?

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752672 is a reply to message #752669 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 21:48

Wow. Fireworks!

Bit of a dirty first shot from Monahan if you ask me. Gloves still on for Nugent-Hopkins at the time.

Nuge got some good licks in after though. Was a good spirited affair.

Also, pains me to say this but good on Tkachuk for taking the fight.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752781 is a reply to message #752669 ]
Thu, 30 January 2020 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim is currently online Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 19:48

Wow. Fireworks!

Monahan's first fight, so he picks a Lady Byng candidate for his debut (as you'd expect from a pussy) and starts swinging before Nuge even knew he was in a scrap. Nuge would've cleaned him if he saw it coming.

If the refs were on the ball Monahan should've got a 2 for instigator, plus the 2 for the cross check to Nuge's throat that started it all... but that would've meant refs actually being on the ball.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752670 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I’m starting to worry Nurse is going to break his hand on someone’s head tonight.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752674 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I’m getting this feeling it’s going to take something special to get the puck past Rittich tonight. Dude is dialed in.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752676 is a reply to message #752674 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:55

I’m getting this feeling it’s going to take something special to get the puck past Rittich tonight. Dude is dialed in.

To be honest, other than the 97 breakaway, he’s faced a pop-gun offence from the Oilers in my opinion.

They were garbage the first 10 minutes.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752679 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I think Gagner gets into a scrap by game's end. He wants some.

Clean house or bust

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752685 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

KAILER HOCKEY!!!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752688 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

https://www.eurasia1945.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/yamamoto.jpg

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752694 is a reply to message #752655 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

5 Cups

Bit of a soft call on Gio imo. But hey, way to capitalize on that PP!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Next Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca