This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752556]
Wed, 29 January 2020 02:59 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2019-20 Regular Season
Friday, December 27, 2019Calgary 5 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Saturday, January 11, 2020Edmonton 3 @ Calgary 4Loss
Wednesday, January 29, 2020Calgary 4 @ Edmonton 3 (OT) (SO)Loss
Saturday, February 1, 2020Edmonton 8 @ Calgary 3Win
Saturday, April 4, 2020Edmonton @ Calgary
Home Record: 0-1-1       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 1-2-1
Home / Road Goals For: 4/11 Total: 15
Home / Road Goals Against: 9/7 Total: 16

2018-19 Regular Season
Saturday, November 17, 2018Edmonton 2 @ Calgary 4Loss
Sunday, December 9, 2018Calgary 0 @ Edmonton 1Win
Saturday, January 19, 2019Calgary 5 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Saturday, April 6, 2019Edmonton 3 @ Calgary 1Win
Home Record: 1-1-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-2-0
Home / Road Goals For: 3/5 Total: 8
Home / Road Goals Against: 5/5 Total: 10

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752557 is a reply to message #752556 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Oh, hello, it’s been a minute. How’s everyone doing? Enjoy your break?

Media hype around this game will be, already has been, off the charts. Pretty well guarantee it won’t live up to what the media is peggin’ it to be. Listening to the players and Tipps yesterday they seem to all understand that the 2 points are of utmost importance... she’s a MUST WIN!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752558 is a reply to message #752557 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

No Cups

I remember when the Avs and Red Wings played their first game against each other after the brawl they had. Nothing happened. Was extremely boring. The media hype leading into it was the same as this one. It was the NEXT game they played where **** erupted....

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 16 March 2021 18:49

Turris in the BOA will be like an ice cube in the Sahara.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752559 is a reply to message #752558 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 08:15

I remember when the Avs and Red Wings played their first game against each other after the brawl they had. Nothing happened. Was extremely boring. The media hype leading into it was the same as this one. It was the NEXT game they played where **** erupted....

Which I can totally see the turtle being on his best behaviour tonight only to be an absolute joke Saturday night. Fully expect it actually.

MUST WIN

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752601 is a reply to message #752557 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 05:37

Media hype around this game will be, already has been, off the charts. Pretty well guarantee it won’t live up to what the media is peggin’ it to be. Listening to the players and Tipps yesterday they seem to all understand that the 2 points are of utmost importance... she’s a MUST WIN!

I must be living in an alternative universe. I don't have social media accounts aside from FB, so I guess I can't conclusively speak to the level of hype, but I haven't seen or heard a peep about this game anywhere aside from local media, really. I completely forgot this game was taking place tonight.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2020 13:15]

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752602 is a reply to message #752601 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

philly boy wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 16:12

I must be living in an alternative universe. I don't have social media accounts aside from FB, so I guess I can't conclusively speak to the level of hype, but I haven't seen or heard a peep about this game anywhere aside from local media, really. I completely forgot this game was taking place tonight.

Not sure if serious...in case you are - If you are, I live in NB and work from home, so have TSN/Sportsnet on most of the day - national media has been going on about this game since the last one. It's not just the local guys.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752610 is a reply to message #752602 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 13:19

Not sure if serious...in case you are - If you are, I live in NB and work from home, so have TSN/Sportsnet on most of the day - national media has been going on about this game since the last one. It's not just the local guys.

I noticed a bunch of snippets on TSN. Wasn't the main story on the front page though. SportsNet was dominated by other things, notably about Kobe. To me this is a meaningless mid season game. Obviously this isn't being really talked about anywhere else other than a few specific areas. Leafs Lunch touched on it too, that was about it.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752613 is a reply to message #752610 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

philly boy wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 16:38

Mike wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 13:19

I noticed a bunch of snippets on TSN. Wasn't the main story on the front page though. SportsNet was dominated by other things, notably about Kobe. To me this is a meaningless mid season game. Obviously this isn't being really talked about anywhere else other than a few specific areas. Leafs Lunch touched on it too, that was about it.

With the standings as tight as they are, I'm not sure there's any meaningless midseason games the rest of the way, especially between Pacific division foes. A short winning streak could put you in first in the division. A short losing streak and you're out of the playoffs. The Oilers with 57 points are tied with both wild card teams (both from the Pacific) and only three up on #9 and #10 in the division. Hell, #12 Nashville is only 6 points back. The Flames are only one point ahead of us and Vancouver is 3 up (we have a game in hand against Van and two on Cgy).

Hard to imagine a scenario where the game is more meaningful - and the teams play again on Saturday too. If it ends up out of hand for either team in either game, it'll be interesting to see what happens - although if it stays close, I think the mischief will be kept to a minimum.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752603 is a reply to message #752601 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

philly boy wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 14:12

Joking? Not sure?

It has been on sports radio and TV every day. During the slow news of the all star break it was pretty constant. Every Flame and Oiler were asked about it, even some of the alumni.

When I was in Mexico I had an Oilers hat and it often started conversation. Depending where the other was from/who they cheered for dictated the start of the conversation but the all inevitably went to this situation and this game.

Heck, the Athletic has had no less than 10 articles alone on the subject. It really is the most hyped game in the league in recent memory.

I agree with others though that it doesnt live up to the hype. Outside of it escalating to Wings/Avs level I dont know how it can.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752605 is a reply to message #752603 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 14:25

Joking? Not sure?

It has been on sports radio and TV every day. During the slow news of the all star break it was pretty constant. Every Flame and Oiler were asked about it, even some of the alumni.

When I was in Mexico I had an Oilers hat and it often started conversation. Depending where the other was from/who they cheered for dictated the start of the conversation but the all inevitably went to this situation and this game.

Heck, the Athletic has had no less than 10 articles alone on the subject. It really is the most hyped game in the league in recent memory.

I agree with others though that it doesnt live up to the hype. Outside of it escalating to Wings/Avs level I dont know how it can.

Have to say the right goalies are starting for a Red Wings/Avs “remake”. Rittich and Smith are both emotional players... couldn’t imagine Talbot and Koskinen throwing down.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752606 is a reply to message #752605 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 14:31

Joking? Not sure?

Have to say the right goalies are starting for a Red Wings/Avs “remake”. Rittich and Smith are both emotional players... couldn’t imagine Talbot and Koskinen throwing down.

I'd be more scared of Koskinen than any of the other three...hard to get past that reach!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752607 is a reply to message #752606 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 15:34

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 14:31

Joking? Not sure?

I'd be more scared of Koskinen than any of the other three...hard to get past that reach!

I mean, I’ve heard he’s got a weak high glove ;)

In all seriousness, on the topic of fighting, majority of fights you see a player grab the other one by the jersey collar in hope of holding them off so you can feed them... every time I’ve gotten in a scrap I’ve always grabbed, or attempted to, a hold of their bicep with my non dominant hand and fed them with my right. Generally guys are righties when it comes to chuckin knucks and grabbing their right arm with my left allows my dominant hand to run wild while their dominant is restricted. Try punching me back when I’m holding your dominant and instinctive arm. I’ve found tremendous success with it, being on the winning side of more fights than not, be it bar fights, random scraps and the odd tilt I’ve had in sports. Why is it that most guys grab the shirt collar?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2020 15:21]

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752611 is a reply to message #752607 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 15:19

In all seriousness, on the topic of fighting, majority of fights you see a player grab the other one by the jersey collar in hope of holding them off so you can feed them... every time I’ve gotten in a scrap I’ve always grabbed, or attempted to, a hold of their bicep with my non dominant hand and fed them with my right. Generally guys are righties when it comes to chuckin knucks and grabbing their right arm with my left allows my dominant hand to run wild while their dominant is restricted. Try punching me back when I’m holding your dominant and instinctive arm. I’ve found tremendous success with it, being on the winning side of more fights than not, be it bar fights, random scraps and the odd tilt I’ve had in sports. Why is it that most guys grab the shirt collar?

My fighting career is not as distinguished as yours. The only fighting major I ever had in hockey was almost accidental. There was a guy from the other team running around - I saw him coming at me for the same time in the shift and threw up my elbow to protect myself sending him yard-saling across the ice. He got up, tossed his gloves and skated at me. I was rolling my eyes and waiting for the refs to step in, but instead heard them shout "Everyone stay back!" He grabbed a hold of me, I hit him, he went down, I fell on top of him and hit him one more time before the refs pulled me off. It cost me a fine and a two-game suspension, so not really worth it.

I did however win, so I figured I'd hang 'em up and retire with the belt intact. And I've declined every invite to fight since!

As for bar fights, I was challenged once at the Urban Lounge in Edmonton. Some guy tried to push past me to get to the bar and I held my spot...he spun me around and asked me to step outside, but he was like 6'6 (I'm 6'1) so I said no thank you. He asked why not and I said because I thought he'd probably win. It defused the situation and he later apologized. The only other one ever, some dude sucker headbutted me outside a Denny's. I did lose that one. Not sure if there was any way to win there though.

With hockey fights, I know Laraque's preference was to grab the front of the collar and the shoulder pads. He was so strong that he could pull the guy to him and shake him around if needed. That's how he held his own even against guys like Boogard - just pull them down to his level. I'm not sure that strategy would work for everyone though.

And then there's the Tkachuk strategy. Just grab the top of your own helmet and hang on for dear life!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752644 is a reply to message #752611 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 17:44

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 15:19

My fighting career is not as distinguished as yours. The only fighting major I ever had in hockey was almost accidental. There was a guy from the other team running around - I saw him coming at me for the same time in the shift and threw up my elbow to protect myself sending him yard-saling across the ice. He got up, tossed his gloves and skated at me. I was rolling my eyes and waiting for the refs to step in, but instead heard them shout "Everyone stay back!" He grabbed a hold of me, I hit him, he went down, I fell on top of him and hit him one more time before the refs pulled me off. It cost me a fine and a two-game suspension, so not really worth it.

I did however win, so I figured I'd hang 'em up and retire with the belt intact. And I've declined every invite to fight since!

As for bar fights, I was challenged once at the Urban Lounge in Edmonton. Some guy tried to push past me to get to the bar and I held my spot...he spun me around and asked me to step outside, but he was like 6'6 (I'm 6'1) so I said no thank you. He asked why not and I said because I thought he'd probably win. It defused the situation and he later apologized. The only other one ever, some dude sucker headbutted me outside a Denny's. I did lose that one. Not sure if there was any way to win there though.

With hockey fights, I know Laraque's preference was to grab the front of the collar and the shoulder pads. He was so strong that he could pull the guy to him and shake him around if needed. That's how he held his own even against guys like Boogard - just pull them down to his level. I'm not sure that strategy would work for everyone though.

And then there's the Tkachuk strategy. Just grab the top of your own helmet and hang on for dear life!

The one outside Denny’s had to have been at like 3am!? Short fighting career but sounds like you held your own rather well in limited exposure!

You’ve got a couple inches on me, I’m 5’11” but I’m self-admittedly an s-disturber in any competitive sport atmosphere. I chirp in every sport, every game I’ve played... even curling haha. Almost got into a fight with one guy while at a junior spiel in Red Deer when I was 17.

I’ve got probably about 7 bar fights on my belt. Got lit up the very first one after not believing this little red head had a boyfriend. Turns out he just got back from a week on the rigs. The other 6 were after my first hockey fight where I grabbed the right bicep, and I was on the less bloody side in all 6.

I’ve started 2 baseball bench brawls;
1- Buddy was chuckin’ inside at my best friend 4 straight at bats spanning 2 games, I chirped him pretty good with each one, then he plugged him in the ribs while I was on second and I charged the mound and landed a few before anyone else laid a hand on me
2- a guy studded me sliding into second (I was a second baseman) and he got me on the inside of my knee, ump called him out and as I went to grab my knee I instead shook my glove off and fed him a few in the face. Had some lengthy suspensions from both. Haven’t played ball since the second fight.

2 in hockey, both with the same guy. I played 3 years of hockey, I’m nothing special. But I knew my role as stay at home dman. Anyway. He was a real plug. Was running everyone on my team all night. Laid a nasty blindside on my d partner so I shook off the gloves, told him we’re going and he didn’t land a single punch. That was the first time I held the right bicep and I fed him a few till he dropped. After a fine and a 5 game suspension, my first game back was against the same team. My first shift I pinned that same guy in the corner and he asked to go, it was basically a carbon copy. I held his bicep, he didn’t land one and I fed him 3 before I was pulled off him. Another fine. Another suspension. Not totally worth it but it pretty well had to happen and I enjoyed it. Feels weird to say that but I definitely enjoyed it at the time.

I’ve caused a men’s soccer bench clearing brawl as well. I’ve played soccer since I was 4 years old. Still play. But 7 years ago this one guy was running his mouth, it was an 11:30pm kickoff on a Friday, he was lit, could smell the booze. Not even 5 minutes into the game he kinda threw his hip at my goalie after he made a save and I stepped in telling him if he as much as lays a finger on my goalie again he’ll be on the turf before he can say mom. He laughed and jogged away. My goalie told the ref about the smell of booze and that the guy is going to cause crap, ref told my goalie to basically worry about himself. It was such a joke. A few minutes later a cross comes in and as my goalie jumps up to catch the ball I see this guy running at my goalie from the edge of the box so I get to the side of my goalie, plant my feet and buddy full speed runs into me and falls on his can. He looks up slurs some joke about my mom and brother (this was a few years after I actually lost a brother) and I took a swing, got him in the jaw, he fell onto his back and I crouched down and laid a good 6 punches on him before I even heard a whistle and both benches were swarming me. 10 game suspension. No fine. Guy was a bloody mess. I didn’t have to do what I did. But i did. My goalie said thanks, he saw the guys running at him when I stepped in. Told me later the ref started blowing the whistle the second the guy fell after he ran into me. I had totally blacked out and didn’t hear a thing. Just fed him. My concussion history likely played a part in that.

Anyway. There’s a look into the real Oscargasm. The Must Win Czar and a guy who will stick up for anyone that means anything to him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752645 is a reply to message #752607 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

I loved your detailed stories, but responding to the first one. Because of a deteriorated right shoulder, I'm a south paw. Never had a fight in beer league hockey and not even close in soccer, thank god, but I used to live in Edmonton. Sometimes, you run into a rye-ed up idiot and sometimes I was stupid enough to go, ok, you need to have a seat now. No one expects a strong hit to the head from the wrong side.

ETA. I was in a bench-clearing brawl playing for Smoky Lake when I was 16 before my shoulder died. Opponent was Radway, a natural rival. I had 17Ks thru 7.1 and between my Tikkanen-style-talking and teammates doing oh so similar, a mess happened. My right sucked and I got knocked out. Mouth didn't match the bite. Everyone needs to have a good punch to the head sometime in the life!

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2020 19:31]

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752647 is a reply to message #752645 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:26

I loved your detailed stories, but responding to the first one. Because of a deteriorated right shoulder, I'm a south paw. Never had a fight in beer league hockey and not even close in soccer, thank god, but I used to live in Edmonton. Sometimes, you run into a rye-ed up idiot and sometimes I was stupid enough to go, ok, you need to have a seat now. No one expects a strong hit to the head from the wrong side.

That’s the risk of my left hand to right bicep strategy. Luckily for me, my stand up fights were with righties haha.

Absolutely though, sometimes enough is just enough. And to come full circle back to the thread, Calgary v Edmonton, this whole ‘code’ in hockey that Tkachuk doesn’t follow, it’s not just a code in hockey but a code in life. You always have to answer the bell for your own actions, one way or another.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752654 is a reply to message #752647 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 20:01 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 19:30

MJ wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 20:26

That’s the risk of my left hand to right bicep strategy. Luckily for me, my stand up fights were with righties haha.

Absolutely though, sometimes enough is just enough. And to come full circle back to the thread, Calgary v Edmonton, this whole ‘code’ in hockey that Tkachuk doesn’t follow, it’s not just a code in hockey but a code in life. You always have to answer the bell for your own actions, one way or another.

We need an OT thread on this...I can even give a little more colour on the Denny's incident there...it was after an OilFans Night Out actually!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752560 is a reply to message #752556 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

It seems like every time this team gets time off/party, they lay a big fat egg the following game. See: Halloween, Mom's Trip, Christmas. I predict this will be......different! 5-3 Oilers. As for the hype - not much will happen. There will be a couple hits that we'll see replayed a dozen times and that's about it.

I really want to see the scowling Parros' face following a Kassian fight though.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752561 is a reply to message #752560 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Games that get this kind of hype tend to under deliver. I'd love to see Kassian absolutely destroy Tkachuk then Nurse beat the hell out of Gio but I don't see it happening.

I do think the Oilers will try and come out hard and beat the Flames.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752563 is a reply to message #752561 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Tonight's on-ice officials:

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/info/game-notes-2019020778

Referees : Kyle Rehman (10), Chris Lee (28)Linesmen : Bevan Mills (53), Greg Devorski (54)

I'm not sure what to expect, but I agree the two or three points up for grabs are the important thing.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752576 is a reply to message #752556 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K. Turtlechuk
https://youtu.be/EXlBYOXUoq0

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752579 is a reply to message #752576 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Tradition is the lynchpin of family.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752631 is a reply to message #752579 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 11:11

Tradition is the lynchpin of family.

I hated Keith too.

Apple didn’t fall far from the tree it appears.

I agree with others here. Tonight will be a pillow fight.

Saturday, hard to say...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752580 is a reply to message #752576 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 10:47

K. Turtlechuk
https://youtu.be/EXlBYOXUoq0

It's genetic.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752590 is a reply to message #752580 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Projected Flames line and defense combinations:

https://flamesnation.ca/calgary-flames-line-combinations/

Buddy Robinson on the second line. No Tobias Rieder.

Go Oilers!!!! rock rock rock

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752632 is a reply to message #752590 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 12:22

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752642 is a reply to message #752590 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 11:22

Toby is on the 4th line right wing. Maybe it changed since.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752643 is a reply to message #752642 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

MJ wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 18:44

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 11:22

Toby is on the 4th line right wing. Maybe it changed since.

Crap. I was really hoping he wouldn't play.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752589 is a reply to message #752556 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

My guess is Kassian makes the same hit Tkachuk was making, and gets called for 'Charging/Hit to the head'.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752594 is a reply to message #752589 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 15:21

My guess is Kassian makes the same hit Tkachuk was making, and gets called for 'Charging/Hit to the head'.

I predicted the same thing, just a step further - he'll get suspended. It will be good times.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752595 is a reply to message #752594 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 12:41

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 15:21

I predicted the same thing, just a step further - he'll get suspended. It will be good times.

Hopefully he at least gets him good. If you're going to take a suspension, make it worth the games off.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752596 is a reply to message #752589 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 12:21

I could 100% see that happening. That's how this league works. Zero consistency and constantly contradicting itself.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752598 is a reply to message #752596 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Tkachuk should have been penalized and disciplined for his hits on Kassian. Since when did charging become a non-violation in the NHL?

Anyways, have no fear. Parros has stepped out of his comfort zone to put a lid on a potentially volatile situation.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-trad e-deadline-approach-fortunes/

"12. George Parros, head of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety, is in Edmonton for tonight’s Battle of Alberta resumption. He will stay in the province for Saturday’s rematch. It is believed to be his first travel for specific deterrence since the 2016–17 season, when he and then-department head Stephane Quintal went to Vancouver for a Maple Leafs-Canucks rematch after Nazem Kadri was not suspended for a massive hit on Daniel Sedin. Parros is not expected to meet with the teams before the game, but has previously spoken to both GMs."

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752599 is a reply to message #752596 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Lineup for tonight..

Neal – McDavid – Kassian
RNH – Draisaitl – Yamamoto
Nygard – Sheahan – Archibald
Gagner – Haas – Chiasson

Klefbom – Larsson
Nurse – Bear
K. Russell – Jones

Smith

Pretty tone deaf by Tipp not to have Khaira in for Gagner

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752600 is a reply to message #752599 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 12:58

Lineup for tonight..

Neal – McDavid – Kassian
Gagner – Haas – Chiasson

Klefbom – Larsson
Nurse – Bear
K. Russell – Jones

Smith

Why? The Oilers have been winning a lot of games without Khaira, what exactly does Khaira bring to the Oilers that would warrant taking out a forward that has helped you win games and putting in a forward that doesn't? He's a big, bottom 6 winger who doesn't play with much passion or energy, doesn't bring a lot of physicality even though he can, he doesn't score much and is a give away machine. I am not a Gagner lover because I think he is slow but I at least know he's probably going to try this game. Can't say the same thing about Khaira.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752608 is a reply to message #752599 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 29 January 2020 13:58

Lineup for tonight..

Neal – McDavid – Kassian
Gagner – Haas – Chiasson

Klefbom – Larsson
Nurse – Bear
K. Russell – Jones

Smith

Stauffer has mentioned Haas will be out tonight, Gagner centres Khaira and Chaisson.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752609 is a reply to message #752608 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Pump all of the Oil with the horse steroids, especially Kass. We can then watch him decapitate Tkachuk in a roid-induced rage. Sure, he'd be headed straight for prison, but wouldn't it be worth it for the spectacle?

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #752592 is a reply to message #752556 ]
Wed, 29 January 2020 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

The playoff race is too close to screw it up with retribution. That said though, hopefully this is a game of opportunity and should the chance to make a good, clean hit arise that someone takes that chance to knock the shell off of that puke of a turtle.

5 Cups and counting.

Previous Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Next Topic:Benning to Bakersfield for Conditioning
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca