This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751191]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Montreal to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751198 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Smith was huge.

DEPTH scoring huge.

Sheahan and Archie continue to grow on the fanbase. Excellent bottom 6 and pk boys who’re starting to show they can contribute offensively. Really like Nygard on that line. His speed compliments that strong forecheck so well.

Beauty game lads. Way to work back and get that W.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751199 is a reply to message #751198 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 20:38

Smith was huge.

DEPTH scoring huge.

Sheahan and Archie continue to grow on the fanbase. Excellent bottom 6 and pk boys who’re starting to show they can contribute offensively. Really like Nygard on that line. His speed compliments that strong forecheck so well.

Beauty game lads. Way to work back and get that W.

Yep.
They started sluggish but that was a textbook road win. Didnt play with much style but also didnt make a lot of huge mistakes. Smith made some big saves to keep them in until there was a chance to strike (PP) and they took it.
Nice to see another team choke a lead for once instead of the Oilers. Maybe that is the secret to success, play from behind until the third.

Lots of guys with pretty good games today. Good timing given McDavid and Drai didnt do a whole lot for a large portion of the game.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751201 is a reply to message #751199 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

losses for ARI and VAN... it Minnie beats CGY... can u say "playoffs"?

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751200 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Only was able to see the third, but I really liked what I saw from the depth lines. Yamomoto was hustling, and looked good on the boards.

It almost felt like, for that 20 minutes, minus the PP, that #97 wasn't out there much.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751202 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Wow, I feel sorry for Habs fans. Their team just sucks.

UP WITH PED'S!!!!!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751203 is a reply to message #751191 ]

5 Cups

Do you play Smith in Calgary Saturday??

I vote yes. Grandpa Smithers has been playing well of late and seems to have earned (back?) the trust the team had in him.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751204 is a reply to message #751203 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 19:44

I vote yes. Grandpa Smithers has been playing well of late and seems to have earned (back?) the trust the team had in him.

I would say it’s time to get Koskinen in, but it’s Smiths former team, so what the hey...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751205 is a reply to message #751203 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 19:44

Even though Smith was struggling back in Dec., I thought he should have been given the start in the first Cgy game. Against the old team and all that.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751209 is a reply to message #751205 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...can't say the HABS didn't give it everything they had. (late goal post)

Now they can look forward to (continue) being criticized in TWO languages.

Except for how much the OIL needed these points, I don't take too much pleasure putting the knife into the corpse of another Canadian team. icon_neutral

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751208 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Great win!

This eaststern road trip has reminded me of 2016-17. The Oilers surprised me by winning throughout a mid season eastern road trip that year. I remember Maroon got a hatty in Boston, and then we went onto make the playoffs.

Agreed that Nygard-Sheahan-Archie are growing into a decent fourth line. A speedy new age fourth line devoid of coke machines!

Smith shutting all the naysayers up!

The entire pacific division is playing tonight. We really needed these two points.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751211 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Another ENG???

https://media3.giphy.com/media/xB1RqLGoBNh3W/source.gif

We had 1 before calling up the Yams. 3 more since.

Nice to see the depth guys (minus Jujhar Hockey) salvage this game in the first couple periods until the guys higher up started getting their legs.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 January 2020 20:18]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751215 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

34 goals from non-top 5 goal scorers now. 9 more to match last years total. 33 in the last 33 games. Was just 1 in the first 13 games.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751222 is a reply to message #751215 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Got to say, after the Habs got the second I feared the worse, it was around 1.20am and I was taping the game. The team had no legs, no real appetite for the game and I was tired. I turned off, and as much as I tried to go to sleep, I kept thinking what's going on. So I switched back on, just after our first goal.

Somehow we clawed our way back into the game, I wouldn't say we stole the victory as they aren't a good team, but we won. I thought that Chiasson had a good game last night, the blender put him back on McDavid's line and back on the PP. He was solid without being outstanding and as with Archie, Shea and Nys's line work well against the Habs all game.

This trip has worked out well for us, I said 2 wins out of 5 would be great, we are on 3 and now we are coming to the game against the Flames, where by any other trip ending game I'd say we've won the trip, but as it's them, and the position in the league we need to carry on this run and do them, and do them a big on as they did to us before Xmas.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751227 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Nice little run here that can help partially erase the ghastly December.

Saves when needed. Huge. Mistakes not being guaranteed goals is critical.

We haven't seen a big sample but pleasantly surprised by what Yamamoto has brought..... not getting owned in battles, going to the net front, making plays. 3 skilled and mobile guys on that 2nd line right now, and they're playing with some defensive conscience as well.

Shout out to another little guy in Archibald. Savvy, determined, put Petry (who might have 30 lbs. On him) on his a$s. Forechecking, hitting, making plays, scoring.

Please defeat Cowville on Saturday.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751252 is a reply to message #751227 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Fri, 10 January 2020 01:31

Nice little run here that can help partially erase the ghastly December.

Saves when needed. Huge. Mistakes not being guaranteed goals is critical.

We haven't seen a big sample but pleasantly surprised by what Yamamoto has brought..... not getting owned in battles, going to the net front, making plays. 3 skilled and mobile guys on that 2nd line right now, and they're playing with some defensive conscience as well.

Shout out to another little guy in Archibald. Savvy, determined, put Petry (who might have 30 lbs. On him) on his a$s. Forechecking, hitting, making plays, scoring.

Please defeat Cowville on Saturday.

And if they lose to Calgary, don't let Lucic score. That's this year's Stanley Cup.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751249 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

The Oilers didn't deserve to win that game, no legs, no game. The 3rd is when they woke up and it was great, something was in Nuge's belly, he was all over that thing in the 3rd. Really impressive.

I've been saying for a while that Jujhar is occupying space on this team, no bite to his game unless he's emotional.

The passengers on this team has to get gone.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751255 is a reply to message #751191 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Who is this mad genius that put off all the Oilers/Flames games until now. Must have foreseen the Flames rally after Peters was called out for punching players in the head.

We play the flames tomorrow with identical 24-17-5 records. This games coming up are YUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

3 games vs the flames, and 2 vs Arizona in the next 7 games.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751256 is a reply to message #751255 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 10 January 2020 13:21

Who is this mad genius that put off all the Oilers/Flames games until now. Must have foreseen the Flames rally after Peters was called out for punching players in the head.

We play the flames tomorrow with identical 24-17-5 records. This games coming up are YUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Literally a make or break for outside v WC v Divisional spot. This should be exciting.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46) [message #751257 is a reply to message #751256 ]
Fri, 10 January 2020 13:11 Go to previous message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 10 January 2020 12:58

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 10 January 2020 13:21

Literally a make or break for outside v WC v Divisional spot. This should be exciting.

after this 3 game mini-series is over we should have an award ceremony and present the Lucic 3rd round pick.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #47)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca