F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748891]
Sat, 07 December 2019 11:31 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

In case anybody was wondering if this was true or not, check out this video of Burke discussing it with Jeff Marek.

https://twitter.com/fan590/status/1203041370161721344?s=21

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748892 is a reply to message #748891 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Drive Kevin to the hospital?

Sadly, Burkie would not even gotten one punch in..

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748894 is a reply to message #748892 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Lowe has vertigo, he wouldn’t have been quick out of the corner.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748895 is a reply to message #748891 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Beauty. Thanks for sharing this. The Gainey piece after is pretty good too.

The whole Burkie v Lowe thing was entertaining. Here’s a (prelude to a pretty incredible presser) quote from the feud;
Kevin Lowe, on Burke, “He’s an underachieving wanna-be in terms of success in the NHL. He won a Stanley Cup? Great. I’ve won six Stanley Cups, you want to count rings? Who cares, it’s just a little pathetic that he carries on.”

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748897 is a reply to message #748895 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 12:06

The whole Burkie v Lowe thing was entertaining. Here’s a (prelude to a pretty incredible presser) quote from the feud;
Kevin Lowe, on Burke, “He’s an underachieving wanna-be in terms of success in the NHL. He won a Stanley Cup? Great. I’ve won six Stanley Cups, you want to count rings? Who cares, it’s just a little pathetic that he carries on.”

Yeah, I also recall Burke predicting that Lowe was leading this organization down the wrong path or something to that effect.

Boy was he ever wrong...

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748902 is a reply to message #748897 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 13:26

Yeah, I also recall Burke predicting that Lowe was leading this organization down the wrong path or something to that effect.

Boy was he ever wrong...

We were (are still?) in good hands. I was never concerned, Lowe knew a little about winning.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748907 is a reply to message #748902 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 13:24

g2k wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 13:26

Boy was he ever wrong...

We were (are still?) in good hands. I was never concerned, Lowe knew a little about winning.

Kevin Lowe: Winning Daily since April 15, 1959.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748903 is a reply to message #748897 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 12:26

Boy was he ever wrong...

I remember being outraged when Burke said all that. It wasn’t until 2008 that i realized how wrong I was about what Burke (and Comrie) said. It took some serious reflection to understand I was being misled and sold a false product.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748909 is a reply to message #748903 ]
Sat, 07 December 2019 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 14:30

g2k wrote on Sat, 07 December 2019 12:26

Boy was he ever wrong...

I remember being outraged when Burke said all that. It wasn’t until 2008 that i realized how wrong I was about what Burke (and Comrie) said. It took some serious reflection to understand I was being misled and sold a false product.

I clued in that Lowe was a Rat Bastard when he assured Edmonton that the Roadrunners would be in Edmonton a minimum of 2 seasons (to encourage season ticket sales). Then just dissolved the AHL club after 1 season and the end of the NHL lockout.

That promise was the main reason I decided to buy season tickets. I was told it wouldn't be a "one and done" if I invested in season tickets. Not only by Stone Face himself, but the office on Kingsway too. I'm sure she was reading off a cue card in Kevin's handwriting.

Re: Brian Burke on the Almost-Barn-Fight with Lowe [message #748919 is a reply to message #748909 ]
Sun, 08 December 2019 01:50 Go to previous message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Lowe is an idiot. Always has been entirely full of himself.

A genius in his own mind.

Previous Topic:Review: Buffalo @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Next Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #31)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca