This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746081]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Pittsburgh to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746083 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

4thies got us a point for once. Big boys gave one away, but got it back in OT.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746085 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

One of the best OT periods I’ve ever seen and not just because the right team scored. Good game!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746086 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gotta say. Drai has been a better hockey player than McDavid for a solid 2+ weeks now.

Hope it means a McDavid is going to start going nuts and looking like prime McDavid again soon. Could be a lull he's going through after not being able to train so much of the summer.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746090 is a reply to message #746086 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 02 November 2019 13:44

Gotta say. Drai has been a better hockey player than McDavid for a solid 2+ weeks now.

Hope it means a McDavid is going to start going nuts and looking like prime McDavid again soon. Could be a lull he's going through after not being able to train so much of the summer.

NHL radio had a call in show yesterday to vote for the league MVP after the first month. Drai was the leader with McKinnon 2nd.
He has been amazing this year and IMO the team MVP. This isnt taking away from McD but more just how much better Drai has gotten.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746087 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feepa  is currently offline feepa

No Cups

Mike Smith stole this game

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746089 is a reply to message #746087 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

What's that thing I'm meant to do??? BREATHE, what an OT I was starting to turn blue when Leon scored. Take a bow Mike Smith what a performance, it wasn't by any means a classic display of netminding, but my god he was outstanding.

Cave's goal was right out of the McDavid song book, he's obviously been watching some of his youtube highlight reels. Now I can sit back and relax and go watch some UK hockey tomorrow. Doubt I'll forget to breathe during that match, but hockey is hockey and you never know.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746091 is a reply to message #746087 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

feepa wrote on Sat, 02 November 2019 13:44

Mike Smith stole this game

I loved the signing in the off season, all my friends here in Calgary making fun of it. I was like, "Mike Smith is the ONLY reason the Flames won a single playoff game."

He's been a solid goalie his entire career.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746088 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

Very good game to watch and the right team got the 2 points. Smith was outstanding although the lop sided shot count didn't really reflect the game I thought. Nice to see the bottom six playing well and what can you say about Drai. Dominant player in this league right now. Thought they Oilers looked as ready as they have all season to start the game.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 November 2019 13:55]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746092 is a reply to message #746088 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Rope a doped the Penguins. They were too tired to shoot the puck in OT. Spent their load in regulation. Brilliant game plan.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15) [message #746093 is a reply to message #746081 ]
Sat, 02 November 2019 13:56 Go to previous message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Smith with the well deserved 1st star, went in and stole this one from a hot team that moves the puck well, makes passes, and plays well in their own end. The Oikers didn't deserve a point let alone 2.

That shorty against was brutal, I dont expect to see that again.... how none of 3 guys could manage to come back and cover the 3rd guy on a slow developing play is by me.

PK huge also in this one. The PP when they got calls and weren't giving up goals were ok. Connor set up by Nuge with a gaping cage and Nuge just miffed a great chance all by his lonesome in front.

The Oilers D, their units, every line had some trouble with Pens pressure in their own zone. Lots of bending, but Smith didn't break. Pens were winning battles and finding loose pucks.

2 points against a very good team, take it and get the hell out of there.

Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Pittsburgh (Game #15)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca