This day on April 19
None

Happy Birthday To: jari17, trehorse, 5mowill, Dragon_Matt, smyth2007

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744882 is a reply to message #744880 ]
Wed, 16 October 2019 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 16 October 2019 21:50

5 McPoints and counting.

Brandon Secondary Manning.

The Oilers record is 8.... why not?

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744888 is a reply to message #744882 ]
Wed, 16 October 2019 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 16 October 2019 20:51

5 McPoints and counting.

The Oilers record is 8.... why not?

McDavid is chasing a record set by a Bakersfield Condor. Weird times.

Clean house or bust

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744883 is a reply to message #744880 ]
Wed, 16 October 2019 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

5 McPoints and counting.

Secondary? More like quaternary....

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744889 is a reply to message #744883 ]
Wed, 16 October 2019 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Granlund is a real piece of work. Cross checks a guy in the numbers and skates away as soon as the scrum comes in. I’ve got no time for a player like that. Accident or not, that’s not Nurse’s fight.

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744894 is a reply to message #744838 ]
Wed, 16 October 2019 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
travgwhite  is currently offline travgwhite

No Cups

I think we are lucky to have this win. Koski was great. Connor had his superman cloak on. Draisaitl was in on everything. Nuge prob should have got that goal. 6-1. GO OILERS

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744901 is a reply to message #744894 ]
Thu, 17 October 2019 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Koskinen was fantastic.

The Oilers as a team looked sluggish but basically scored on every good chance they had.

The 4th line was yuck. Granlund and his stupid penalties.

Khaira, I am waiting for this guy to do something. I know he's good on the PK but he's the blackhole on that 3rd line offensively. I'd be giving this guy a seat to maybe wake him up because once again, he looks like a guy who's coasting around pretty comfortable and playing with ZERO urgency.

The PP. Holy crap!! I can't remember the last time the Oilers PP looked this good. They fire the puck around and it's not if they score it's WHEN they score and how many.

McDavid and Leon are playing on another level. They to me look like 2 guys who are playing pissed off, are sick and tired of being told they suck and who are going to make the playoffs no matter what. I don't think I have seen McDavid as fired up when he scores EVER. He's jacked every time he scores. Leon looks like a machine. You need me to score, sure. You need me to dominate the guy. Sure. You need me to be on the PK, sure.

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744902 is a reply to message #744901 ]
Thu, 17 October 2019 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 17 October 2019 08:42

Koskinen was fantastic.

The Oilers as a team looked sluggish but basically scored on every good chance they had.

Khaira, I am waiting for this guy to do something. I know he's good on the PK but he's the blackhole on that 3rd line offensively. I'd be giving this guy a seat to maybe wake him up because once again, he looks like a guy who's coasting around pretty comfortable and playing with ZERO urgency.

The PP. Holy crap!! I can't remember the last time the Oilers PP looked this good. They fire the puck around and it's not if they score it's WHEN they score and how many.

McDavid and Leon are playing on another level. They to me look like 2 guys who are playing pissed off, are sick and tired of being told they suck and who are going to make the playoffs no matter what. I don't think I have seen McDavid as fired up when he scores EVER. He's jacked every time he scores. Leon looks like a machine. You need me to score, sure. You need me to dominate the guy. Sure. You need me to be on the PK, sure.

I don't know if it was the fans being almost completely silent or what, but definitely agree that was a very sluggish game by the Oilers. Looked like lots of our players were moving in slow motion out there aside from the top line. Would like to see the pace of our play get back up again, they started the year pretty good, but last night almost everyone was behind the 8-ball. The usual deal where we play a team on their 2nd of B2B and we look like the team that is exhausted.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7) [message #744905 is a reply to message #744902 ]
Thu, 17 October 2019 09:10 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 17 October 2019 08:54

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 17 October 2019 08:42

Koskinen was fantastic.

I don't know if it was the fans being almost completely silent or what, but definitely agree that was a very sluggish game by the Oilers. Looked like lots of our players were moving in slow motion out there aside from the top line. Would like to see the pace of our play get back up again, they started the year pretty good, but last night almost everyone was behind the 8-ball. The usual deal where we play a team on their 2nd of B2B and we look like the team that is exhausted.

I thought even the top line looked sluggish in the first period. Then when they got that lob goal, it took off. The Oilers usually lost the first game back from a road trip but they won this time!!

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7)
Next Topic:Pregame: Philadelphia @ Edmonton (Game #7)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca