This day on April 20
None

Happy Birthday To: Nesticle, goffer48, The Goat, HezzyB, Oilbleeder, thesituation, Patorious

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid Injury is a PCLPages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738800 is a reply to message #738798 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:59

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:57

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:44

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:26

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:18

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:05

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 08:54

Good to hear that everything is going well with McDavid so Oilers fans can take a step back from the ledge.

Let's be clear. The message was that he is rehabbing 10 weeks after the injury. As the team is admitting that season ticket sales are down, you'd think they would use stronger language if they thought they could.

He's healing and rehabbing as expected. He's going to start hard skating in August and is on schedule to be completely ready to go for camp. I get you are gloom and doom on the Oilers but what else could they have said?

Were you hoping for videos of him rehabbing, MRI images of his knee? I don't get what else they left out.

My belief is they've been minimizing the severity since it happened in an effort to avoid cratering ticket sales. I certainly hope he's good to go for the season, but to your point, video would have gone a long way to convincing me he's just about better.

No disrespect intended but this is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in here in awhile. McDavid is the entire team, the franchise. Without him they are nothing. You seriously think the Oilers would jeopardize McDavid and the complete future of the team to sell a couple extra freaking tickets this year?

Wow dude. wow.

How is video jeopardizing anything? Prove your franchise player has almost overcome his injury like you are saying. That's the complete ask. Further, I have little doubt that OEG sees McDavid as an asset first and foremost. Not as a person or a player but as a vehicle to drive revenue, and if limiting information about his injury helps them I have zero question they'd do so. Don't forget, Daryl Katz is not a nice person. Neither is Kevin Lowe.

So you want a TV crew following McDavid around to make you happy? I can't have a conversation with someone that is so irrational. Have a good one.

Well, Crude, welcome to the RDOF blacklist. It's not that bad though. We have a lot of fun over here. People have a sense of humor and everything. No body calls you irrational or ridiculous for question the intentions of the Oilers propaganda.

Although, he did say "no disrespect intended" before calling you names so no harm done.
It is in the geneva convention after all.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #738801 is a reply to message #738800 ]
Fri, 14 June 2019 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

PlusOne wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 12:13

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:59

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:57

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:44

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 11:26

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:18

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 10:05

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 14 June 2019 08:54

Good to hear that everything is going well with McDavid so Oilers fans can take a step back from the ledge.

Let's be clear. The message was that he is rehabbing 10 weeks after the injury. As the team is admitting that season ticket sales are down, you'd think they would use stronger language if they thought they could.

He's healing and rehabbing as expected. He's going to start hard skating in August and is on schedule to be completely ready to go for camp. I get you are gloom and doom on the Oilers but what else could they have said?

Were you hoping for videos of him rehabbing, MRI images of his knee? I don't get what else they left out.

My belief is they've been minimizing the severity since it happened in an effort to avoid cratering ticket sales. I certainly hope he's good to go for the season, but to your point, video would have gone a long way to convincing me he's just about better.

No disrespect intended but this is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in here in awhile. McDavid is the entire team, the franchise. Without him they are nothing. You seriously think the Oilers would jeopardize McDavid and the complete future of the team to sell a couple extra freaking tickets this year?

Wow dude. wow.

How is video jeopardizing anything? Prove your franchise player has almost overcome his injury like you are saying. That's the complete ask. Further, I have little doubt that OEG sees McDavid as an asset first and foremost. Not as a person or a player but as a vehicle to drive revenue, and if limiting information about his injury helps them I have zero question they'd do so. Don't forget, Daryl Katz is not a nice person. Neither is Kevin Lowe.

So you want a TV crew following McDavid around to make you happy? I can't have a conversation with someone that is so irrational. Have a good one.

Well, Crude, welcome to the RDOF blacklist. It's not that bad though. We have a lot of fun over here. People have a sense of humor and everything. No body calls you irrational or ridiculous for question the intentions of the Oilers propaganda.

Although, he did say "no disrespect intended" before calling you names so no harm done.
It is in the geneva convention after all.

I need to brush up on my Geneva Convention.

Internet would be no fun if we all just agreed on everything though.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #740063 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Mon, 08 July 2019 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Read this today;

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey /a-bigger-role-for-gaeten-haas-a-deadline-for-milan-lucic-an d-a-waiting-game-for-jesse-puljujarvi-9-things

7. Connor McDavid is back skating. Exhale. His first session was this past week, 90 days in advance of the start of the regular season. He injured the knee April 6th. There will be almost exactly 5 months recovery and rehab before camp.

glad he is back on skates, hopefully the knee is on the right schedule for a full recovery by the season opener.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #740879 is a reply to message #740063 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Holland today, “How about that Neal deal! (oh btw McDavid won’t be ready for preseason) I traded Lucic!”

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #740887 is a reply to message #740879 ]
Mon, 22 July 2019 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 22 July 2019 21:00

Holland today, “How about that Neal deal! (oh btw McDavid won’t be ready for preseason) I traded Lucic!”

Maybe! I mean it’s possible he won’t be totally ready for the start of camp, but it’s cool guy. It’s cool.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741872 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-star-connor-mcdavid-knee- won-t-take-part-in-biosteel-camp-1.1356097

Well, this doesn't necessarily mean he won't be ready for the start of the season, but it ain't good news.

Heal fast Connor. You're our only hope.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741874 is a reply to message #741872 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 09:09

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-star-connor-mcdavid-knee- won-t-take-part-in-biosteel-camp-1.1356097

Well, this doesn't necessarily mean he won't be ready for the start of the season, but it ain't good news.

I don't see it as bad news at all. By all accounts he's on schedule for his rehab. He's been skating for awhile. That Biosteel camp is supposedly pretty intense. He's recovering from a knee injury. Why on earth would you want McDavid in that camp what so ever and take ANY kind of chance. For the Oilers to have any chance, McDavid has to be healthy and I for one am not concerned about McDavid not coming into camp in shape.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741884 is a reply to message #741874 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 09:14

I don't see it as bad news at all. By all accounts he's on schedule for his rehab. He's been skating for awhile. That Biosteel camp is supposedly pretty intense. He's recovering from a knee injury. Why on earth would you want McDavid in that camp what so ever and take ANY kind of chance. For the Oilers to have any chance, McDavid has to be healthy and I for one am not concerned about McDavid not coming into camp in shape.

“I for one...”

RD are you running for Prime Minister of Oilfans? The language you use sometimes is hilarious! 🤣😂🤣. Not meant as mean, its just very serious sometimes.

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741885 is a reply to message #741884 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

McDavid reveals little at the Biostel camp. Just that he is "working towards" being ready for training camp.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers-connor- mcdavid-1.5260227

"McDavid, who isn't taking part in on- or off-ice activities at this year's BioSteel camp that features a number of NHL players, sported a brace at a charity event back in June, but appeared to be walking fine Monday."

As per oilfans protocol, I remain cautiously optimistic that McDavid will be ready for the start of the regular season, being good to go after a couple of pre-season games to get in synch with his linemates and to show the Oilers coaching staff what he is capable of.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741877 is a reply to message #741872 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Hope it's just a precaution. Sounds like he has been skating for a month already. Imagine we would have heard about any major setbacks.

Damn TSN, why do I always have to see multiple of this every time I open a story on their page?

https://tsnimages.tsn.ca/ImageProvider/AssetImage?seoId=travis-yost&width=140&height=140TRAVIS YOST
New Wild GM Guerin facing uphill battle in Minnesota

https://tsnimages.tsn.ca/ImageProvider/AssetImage?seoId=travis-yost&width=140&height=140TRAVIS YOST
What to expect from Smith and the Senators in 2019-20

The perils of paying players into their 30s

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741878 is a reply to message #741877 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 09:36

Hope it's just a precaution. Sounds like he has been skating for a month already. Imagine we would have heard about any major setbacks.

Damn TSN, why do I always have to see multiple of this every time I open a story on their page?

https://tsnimages.tsn.ca/ImageProvider/AssetImage?seoId=travis-yost&width=140&height=140
https://tsnimages.tsn.ca/ImageProvider/AssetImage?seoId=travis-yost&width=140&height=140

That's the problem with the summer...everyone with a big salary gets to go on vacation, so they just have Yost cranking out content for pennies left.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741880 is a reply to message #741878 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The last thing I want to happen is McDavid be in the biosteel camp playing in that tournament I believe they have and some uber competitive guy in the tournament decides he needs to dive and take out McDavid in an effort to "go for the puck" to stop a goal in a completely meaningless game.

Oh wait, that already happened which caused him to be hurt in the first place. Nothing like Gio risking his health and McDavid's health by taking out McDavid's legs in game 82 when the game meant absolute nothing because he's a "competitive guy". I still think that was a cheap play.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741882 is a reply to message #741880 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 10:01

The last thing I want to happen is McDavid be in the biosteel camp playing in that tournament I believe they have and some uber competitive guy in the tournament decides he needs to dive and take out McDavid in an effort to "go for the puck" to stop a goal in a completely meaningless game.

Oh wait, that already happened which caused him to be hurt in the first place. Nothing like Gio risking his health and McDavid's health by taking out McDavid's legs in game 82 when the game meant absolute nothing because he's a "competitive guy". I still think that was a cheap play.

Don’t worry. Kassian is gonna make Lucic pay for what his teammate did.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741886 is a reply to message #741882 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

You got to love the T.O media.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/connor-mcdavid-noncomm ittal-about-his-status-for-oilers-training-camp/ar-AAGmo4O?o cid=spartandhp

The title says that McDavid is "noncommittal about his status of Oilers training camp" yet in his brief interview he says he's been skating for 2 months and he's at the biosteel camp like he always is working out and training.

So if there was anything to be really worried about, #1 he probably wouldn't do an interview about it, #2 he wouldn't be on the ice for 2 months now, #3 he probably wouldn't be at the biosteel camp at all.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741887 is a reply to message #741886 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

A couple more McDavid interviews that shed very little light on his current physical health.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-mcdavid-lingering -injury-tough-focus-anything-else/

https://www.tsn.ca/mcdavid-says-knee-injury-progressing-1.13 56188

He has some kind words for Lucic.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741888 is a reply to message #741886 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 13:27

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/connor-mcdavid-noncomm ittal-about-his-status-for-oilers-training-camp/ar-AAGmo4O?o cid=spartandhp

The title says that McDavid is "noncommittal about his status of Oilers training camp" yet in his brief interview he says he's been skating for 2 months and he's at the biosteel camp like he always is working out and training.

So if there was anything to be really worried about, #1 he probably wouldn't do an interview about it, #2 he wouldn't be on the ice for 2 months now, #3 he probably wouldn't be at the biosteel camp at all.

Sounds like he is getting asked about it and he isn't really answering, so I would say there's a pretty good chance he isn't ready to go at the start of the season. That's not the end of the world - I'd rather he be healthy than playing hurt just for the sake of playing - but it's not good news for the team at this point.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741889 is a reply to message #741888 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:09

Sounds like he is getting asked about it and he isn't really answering, so I would say there's a pretty good chance he isn't ready to go at the start of the season. That's not the end of the world - I'd rather he be healthy than playing hurt just for the sake of playing - but it's not good news for the team at this point.

What a shock, gloom and doom Adam predicts he won't be ready for the season.

If McDavid was indeed not going to be ready, his answer would be exactly what he said. "I have great doctors and trainers, things are progressing, I am working to be ready for camp."

If McDavid was healthy, he'd rattle off the same answer.

I am not going to get all worked up because he isn't taking part in summer shiny.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741890 is a reply to message #741889 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:16

If McDavid was indeed not going to be ready, his answer would be exactly what he said. "I have great doctors and trainers, things are progressing, I am working to be ready for camp."

I am not going to get all worked up because he isn't taking part in summer shiny.

Haha...I think it's funny how worked up you get about anyone suggesting he may not be ready to play in October. He got a serious injury, and no one wants the Oilers to rush him back before he's ready, so I think there's a very good possibility that he misses some games. I don't think that's all that doom & gloom - more like being a realist.

It should be noted, he's not doing any of the on-ice or off-ice activities in the Biosteel camp - he's not simply skipping the shinny sessions. This is a pretty big departure from his usual summer routine, so I don't think I'm being hugely reactionary to suggest that this suggests his timeline isn't looking super rosey for skating in NHL games in 5 weeks time.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741891 is a reply to message #741890 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:25

Haha...I think it's funny how worked up you get about anyone suggesting he may not be ready to play in October. He got a serious injury, and no one wants the Oilers to rush him back before he's ready, so I think there's a very good possibility that he misses some games. I don't think that's all that doom & gloom - more like being a realist.

It should be noted, he's not doing any of the on-ice or off-ice activities in the Biosteel camp - he's not simply skipping the shinny sessions. This is a pretty big departure from his usual summer routine, so I don't think I'm being hugely reactionary to suggest that this suggests his timeline isn't looking super rosey for skating in NHL games in 5 weeks time.

I am not worked up about you assuming the worse case scenario, it's your MO so you gave the exact answer I expected. Your MO has been everyone lies and everything is worse off than what is being told. You could be in the MRI room with McDavid, watch the result get spit out by the machine, stand over the doctor as the talks about the result and you'd question if the MRI was actually McDavid's or did it somehow it get switched.

It's still August, the season doesn't start until October. If we are a couple of days out and McDavid has barely practiced, then I will be concerned. Missing the biosteel camp and deciding that's evidence enough to call your shot and say he's probably missing time, I think is a bit jumping the gun.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2019 14:46]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741892 is a reply to message #741891 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:44

I am not worked up about you assuming the worse case scenario, it's your MO so you gave the exact answer I expected. Your MO has been everyone lies and everything is worse off than what is being told. You could be in the MRI room with McDavid, watch the result get spit out by the machine, stand over the doctor as the talks about the result and you'd question if the MRI was actually McDavid's or did it somehow it get switched.

It's still August, the season doesn't start until October. If we are a couple of days out and McDavid has barely practiced, then I will be concerned. Missing the biosteel camp and deciding that's evidence enough to call your shot and say he's probably missing time, I think is a bit jumping the gun.

Actually, I think I'd be okay if I talked to the doctor directly. I'm also pretty okay with the Oilers not releasing more information.

But I think it's fine to read the tea leaves, and I find if you do, then you're less likely to be really disappointed when it turns out that 5 weeks go by and he's still not game ready.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741893 is a reply to message #741892 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:50

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 14:44

Actually, I think I'd be okay if I talked to the doctor directly. I'm also pretty okay with the Oilers not releasing more information.

But I think it's fine to read the tea leaves, and I find if you do, then you're less likely to be really disappointed when it turns out that 5 weeks go by and he's still not game ready.

That is where we are different. I prefer actually REAL information vs trying to speculate where McDavid is at knee wise because he was evasive on a question. McDavid is usually always evasive. If the guy gives anything remotely other than the politically correct answer or the boring, robotic hockey player answer, it's national news. At the end of last season, all he said was he was a bit frustrated with how the season went and instantly that was blown up to be him saying he's done and wants out. So I am going to do the prudent thing and wait to see what happens at camp.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741894 is a reply to message #741893 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Will McDavid play in Game #1 this year? [ 31 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 20 / 65%
2.No 11 / 35%

Friendly wager time all! Who thinks McDavid will suit up for Game #1 of the 2019-20 season?

Bragging rights at stake here - if you vote correctly, you can tell everyone you were right!

EDIT TO ADD - I accidentally voted Yes here. I assume that's because in my heart, I hope he's ready...

Still, I don't think he's ready to go.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 August 2019 16:18]

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741904 is a reply to message #741894 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 15:04

Friendly wager time all! Who thinks McDavid will suit up for Game #1 of the 2019-20 season?

Bragging rights at stake here - if you vote correctly, you can tell everyone you were right!

EDIT TO ADD - I accidentally voted Yes here. I assume that's because in my heart, I hope he's ready...

I'm gonna be positive and guess that he is doing some special training with Roberts to try to make up for lost time. No time to dink around with some mid/low tier NHLers :) He's probably burning himself out doing other things.

I think he's back in the middle of pre-season. Not gonna go full Eakins/McLellan with him either. Some other guys are gonna have to step up for a few weeks while he is getting back to 100% game shape.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741906 is a reply to message #741894 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Well I accidentally voted No, so it evened out.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741907 is a reply to message #741894 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I voted no but I'm 50/50. There is a chance he is good to go but waiting for camp to be safe. There is a chance it still has soreness. With a knee injury it isnt like you have an exact date stamped on it at time of injury. I have had a handful of knee surgeries. Two of them were identical but on opposite knees. One I was back after 3 months, the other just over 4. A lot of factors can effect full recovery.

As far as his answers I dont think there is any more to read into now then there has been with any other of the offseason reports.
Until official Oiler activities start and we get a real view into where he is at there is not much we can understand for sure.

Given Biosteel is one of his sponsorship deals I assume he is contractually obligated to make an appearance regardless of level of participation.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741903 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I just love it when someone that is overreacting informs someone else they are doing such.

Some things never will change. Someone gives a level headed opinion. Then the overreacting predictably followed.

I missed this place.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741905 is a reply to message #741903 ]
Mon, 26 August 2019 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

McDavid out long term, guy we're seeing is a body double?[ 12 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 8 / 67%
2.No 4 / 33%

g2k wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 18:33

I just love it when someone that is overreacting informs someone else they are doing such.

Some things never will change. Someone gives a level headed opinion. Then the overreacting predictably followed.

I missed this place.

Is McDavid actually wearing a full leg cast somewhere and the guy we're seeing in interviews is just a body double to try to help sell more season tickets?

Would explain why he is walking around fine, but won't participate on ice in public events.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 August 2019 00:06]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #741928 is a reply to message #741905 ]
Tue, 27 August 2019 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 18:58

g2k wrote on Mon, 26 August 2019 18:33

I missed this place.

Is McDavid actually wearing a full leg cast somewhere and the guy we're seeing in interviews is just a body double to try to help sell more season tickets?

Would explain why he is walking around fine, but won't participate on ice in public events.

Look who's Mr. Doom & Gloom now! You realize, this sort of post is why you made that PoolParty's gripe list.

Speaking of which - does she change her name after the most recent events?

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742254 is a reply to message #735721 ]
Tue, 03 September 2019 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tom Gazolla heard from an NHLer that was training with McDavid at Biosteel that McDavid looks McJesus-ish.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/gazzola-i-ve-he ard-mcdavid-looks-unreal-1.1360090

First couple mins of the interview

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742256 is a reply to message #742254 ]
Tue, 03 September 2019 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 03 September 2019 22:07

Tom Gazolla heard from an NHLer that was training with McDavid at Biosteel that McDavid looks McJesus-ish.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/gazzola-i-ve-he ard-mcdavid-looks-unreal-1.1360090

Gazolla is a paid shill of the Oilers, though, isn't he?

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742259 is a reply to message #742256 ]
Tue, 03 September 2019 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 03 September 2019 23:13

Which is better or worse than the unpaid shill that was interviewing him?

Is Gazolla a paid shill still? I thought he was no long with the Oilers.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742263 is a reply to message #742259 ]
Tue, 03 September 2019 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 03 September 2019 22:24

He was, but not anymore. Now he's working for TSN, 1260, and NHL Network.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742266 is a reply to message #742263 ]
Tue, 03 September 2019 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 03 September 2019 23:49

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 03 September 2019 22:24

He was, but not anymore. Now he's working for TSN, 1260, and NHL Network.

Think the Oilers fired him. Remember of awkwardness talking about what happened to him with the Oilers when he started popping up on the radio again after disappearing for a while.

So, this passes the non-shill test IMO. McJesus has risen!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742269 is a reply to message #742256 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Are we actually speculating on whether Gazolla is bs-ing about an unnamed goaltending source, that was in the Roberts camp with McDavid, saying that McDavid looked pretty good to him in that camp?

If so....please, Lord, bring the season on....quickly!

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742271 is a reply to message #742269 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

He's been skating for a couple of months now apparently and I read last week he didn't do the biosteel camp tournament for precautionary reasons. Which to me makes perfect sense.

The Oilers have said next to nothing about him which I am OK with but I suppose there is the small chance that the Oilers are feeding bold faced lies to Edmonton media types as Adam alludes too. I am not naïve enough to think that a team tells the 100% truth all the time but I have a hard time believing they would feed 100% lies to the fan base especially about their best player. There is zero upside to that and would completely destroy what little creditability they might have. But until McDavid is on the ice and people see him flying around like old, I have no way to prove Adam and his conspiracy theory wrong.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742274 is a reply to message #742271 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

A bit of a McDavid update courtesy Mark Spector and Sportsnet...almost nothing to see here

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mcdavid-not-setbacks-rec overy-return-date-still-unclear/

From his agent Jeff Jackson:

“On Sept. 3, you can’t say whether he’s ready or not to start the season. He has another month before the season starts, and he’s in very good shape. No one is saying (he will be delayed) until November or December. He’s done extremely well so far, and everyone is happy with his progression.”

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742277 is a reply to message #742274 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 08:57

A bit of a McDavid update courtesy Mark Spector and Sportsnet...almost nothing to see here

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mcdavid-not-setbacks-rec overy-return-date-still-unclear/

From his agent Jeff Jackson:

“On Sept. 3, you can’t say whether he’s ready or not to start the season. He has another month before the season starts, and he’s in very good shape. No one is saying (he will be delayed) until November or December. He’s done extremely well so far, and everyone is happy with his progression.”

I take it as a positive. Extra precaution, they aren't "winging it" with rehab and are staying on a predetermined rehab program and schedule. Too often during rehab a person starts to feel good and think they are ahead of where they actually are, and re-injury occurs. This sounds like they have a program in place and smartly adhering to it. I'm encouraged.
Having flashbacks of original injury, still hating on Giordano, blame NHL Corp. for the elevated abuse McD has been subjected to during his time in the NHL.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742278 is a reply to message #742277 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Holland re : McDavid “The plan is to be conservative and look at the big picture. He s been skating since late July, He s getting better every week. Let’s get him to Edmonton and see where he’s at in 3 weeks. I expect him on ice early in camp. Let’s be safe. Not sorry”

Wouldn't expect him to play many, if any, pre-season games.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742280 is a reply to message #742278 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 11:16

Holland re : McDavid “The plan is to be conservative and look at the big picture. He s been skating since late July, He s getting better every week. Let’s get him to Edmonton and see where he’s at in 3 weeks. I expect him on ice early in camp. Let’s be safe. Not sorry”

I wouldn't be surprised if McDavid doesn't play until maybe the last preseason game. I am perfectly fine with that. Be as cautious as you can with him. I don't need to see McDavid go up against a bunch of never will be NHLers trying to make a name for themselves.

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742306 is a reply to message #742278 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 10:16

So is Holland saying here that McDavid won't be ready for the start of camp?

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: McDavid Injury is a PCL [message #742307 is a reply to message #742306 ]
Wed, 04 September 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 13:38

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 04 September 2019 10:16

So is Holland saying here that McDavid won't be ready for the start of camp?

Hehe, it is a muddled quote for sure. I would guess camp is seen as a safe space for McDavid, so he can participate? But, waiting weeks still to see where he is ad, so that probably rules out at least some of pre-season.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Benning to Bakersfield for Conditioning
Next Topic:Strome for Spooner Trade
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca