This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Nicholson Presser 10am TodayPages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735364 is a reply to message #735360 ]
Tue, 09 April 2019 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McDavid97  is currently offline McDavid97

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 09 April 2019 08:54

I completely understand the issue with hiring Gretzky. Even though other than his last name, he has zero ties to the Oilers. Never worked or played for them. He would have been in the shadow of his brother who is the greatest hockey player of all time. I am sure he has been judged all his life by others because of his brother. He has built his own resume based on his own merit. But with all the former players they have here, I get why many in Edmonton don't want him hired. If he had a different name, I firmly believe most wouldn't care as much he is being considered. If he gets passed over, I think he will move on to another team which is too bad because the Oilers don't have a lot of good hockey guys and they need to bring in more, not lose one of the few they have.

You are just like the Oilers in your thinking, you guys are years behind your time in your thinking. Why would you want to keep trying experiments with things, how many people are lining up to give Eakins a head coaching job when we did, how many are lining up for Gretzky for GM? The Lucic signing you said it's a great signing but a couple years too long and he will put in 20 goals 50 points (he hit 50 once here in 3 years.....) would protect Mcdavid, make space for him, our PP would be better with him.... still no... That trading Eberle is replaced by wingers in our organization that have little to no experience.... keep trying buddy.

This organization has messed it up for decades, they needed to be interviewing people and getting peoples thoughts (what they will do with this team) and they are just starting to do that (well hopefully, lip service is one thing). Like I said how said any many others have said who is lining up for Gretzky? I really hope the Oilers don't just get sold on someone saying they have a plan but never actually talk about what is in this plan to get things changed around here.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 April 2019 09:14]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735469 is a reply to message #735360 ]
Wed, 10 April 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Never worked or played for them.

Lol you sure about that? Pretty sure he was the assistant GM for the last roughly 4 years.

Man - 2015...All the bumbling and incompetence had miraculously come up roses for the Coilers. It was all there for them to literally sit back and watch the cups roll in.

But...well...you know...It was all Chias fault!

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735489 is a reply to message #735469 ]
Wed, 10 April 2019 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Jay wrote on Wed, 10 April 2019 09:25

Lol you sure about that? Pretty sure he was the assistant GM for the last roughly 4 years.

Man - 2015...All the bumbling and incompetence had miraculously come up roses for the Coilers. It was all there for them to literally sit back and watch the cups roll in.

Exactly. Not to mention sitting at his right hand through terrible trades and questionable drafting in Boston.

The propaganda from the Oilers is actually pretty smart. They are drumming up support for Keith USING his name. The same gullible fans buy into that crap and are now pulling for the "underdog" to succeed. The super talented brother who has had to live in the shadow of the great one.
You cant get away from his last name. The entire campaign right now is based around him being his own man, paving his own way, etc.
Turning that narrative around and basically pointing a finger of shame at any one who questions KG makes it a win win for the team.
Hire him and they have made fans who hate it the jerks.
Dont hire him and the new GM must be amazing to beat out the Average One.

Never play defense is a golden rule in politics and clearly the Oilers are on board.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735493 is a reply to message #735469 ]
Wed, 10 April 2019 11:39 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Jay wrote on Wed, 10 April 2019 09:25

I was referring to the notion that he is part of the "Old Boys club" meaning he was a former player or former employee which he is not. He started working for the Oilers July 2, 2016.

I will say it one last time so maybe it will sink in then I am moving on. He's the current Assistant GM of the team and has been for 3 years. The majority of people who will be interview for this job are typically Assistant GM's. He's warranted at least an interview. I am not advocating for them to hire him. I am not even sure he can do the job. The Oilers need to do the proper due diligence on all candidates, look at their resumes, find out what their plan is, what their team philosophy is, what their strengths and weaknesses are and pick the right guy. All I am saying is a persons last name shouldn't be on the list of reasons not to hire any candidate.

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735449 is a reply to message #735354 ]
Tue, 09 April 2019 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 23:13

Gretzky might be the guy. He may make a great GM.

Today was embarrassing and awkward. Bobby Nics is a bumbling idiot. I thought my video froze, but then I noticed him blinking with his slack jaw face that was catching flies. He instilled zero confidence for us moving forward and sabotaged KG’s chance to have won the GM job based on merit and quality interview against his peers. This appears to be predetermined.

I was shocked at how dumb Nicholson sounded. A bonafide simpleton. Of course, one needn’t be an intellectual or academic, or even traditionally smart to be considered intelligent, or as someone who could be successful in the role of hockey executive. That being said, I put a lot of value in one’s ability to effectively communicate.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 April 2019 22:25]

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735450 is a reply to message #735449 ]
Tue, 09 April 2019 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

philly boy wrote on Tue, 09 April 2019 22:15

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 23:13

Gretzky might be the guy. He may make a great GM.

Today was embarrassing and awkward. Bobby Nics is a bumbling idiot. I thought my video froze, but then I noticed him blinking with his slack jaw face that was catching flies. He instilled zero confidence for us moving forward and sabotaged KG’s chance to have won the GM job based on merit and quality interview against his peers. This appears to be predetermined.

I was shocked at how dumb Nicholson sounded. A bonafide simpleton. Of course, one need not be an intellectual or have an academic background to be considered intelligent, let alone a successful as a hockey executive. But personally, I put a lot of value in ones ability to communicate.

Bobby Nick's Word Salad would be a nice side for the Bobby Nick's Burger

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735457 is a reply to message #735221 ]
Tue, 09 April 2019 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Imagine being around Wayne after his brother gets passed over for the GM role.

Awwwwwkwaaaaaard.

Can’t have that...

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Nicholson Presser 10am Today [message #735462 is a reply to message #735457 ]
Wed, 10 April 2019 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 09 April 2019 21:58

Imagine being around Wayne after his brother gets passed over for the GM role.

Awwwwwkwaaaaaard.

Can’t have that...

I'm sure they'll move him into some super comfy Vice President Of Something title if he gets passed over. Fail up, the Oilers way.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #82)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca