This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732331]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Buffalo to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732337 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

ORPP!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732338 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Not a stressful ending at all!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732339 is a reply to message #732338 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 19:41

Not a stressful ending at all!

What you didn't like McDavid's Patrik Stefan impression. Spot on! Oh Connor!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732342 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

John Shannon having an exclusive interview with Keith Gretzky coming up on Sportsnet.

I’m in a good mood right now. I think I will just watch something else.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732343 is a reply to message #732342 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 20:49

John Shannon having an exclusive interview with Keith Gretzky coming up on Sportsnet.

Did. Did I miss it??

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732344 is a reply to message #732343 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 19:54

Did. Did I miss it??

It was on Tim and Sid earlier. Basically too busy GMing to go to the GM meetings so Bobby Burgers went instead. Not worried about auditioning for the permanent job, just taking care of the team for right now.

Then talking heads speculate he doesn't have the experience or the right last name to be named permanent GM. McCrimmon, Hunter, et all in better position.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732346 is a reply to message #732343 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 19:54

Did. Did I miss it??

Nope

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732345 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Well 16 games left, 6 points out. This group can still make it. 10/16 games at home, and many bottom feeders upcoming. New Jersey, Ottawa, LA, Anaheim, NYR, and the Canucks need to be wins. But we could really seal our fate with games against Colorado, Dallas, and Arizona.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732348 is a reply to message #732345 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 19:59

Well 16 games left, 6 points out. This group can still make it. 10/16 games at home, and many bottom feeders upcoming. New Jersey, Ottawa, LA, Anaheim, NYR, and the Canucks need to be wins. But we could really seal our fate with games against Colorado, Dallas, and Arizona.

Pretty damn annoying that Fenton goes and makes 3 seller trades downgrading the Wild roster, and that's when Dubs decides to get hot and save their season. Sigh...

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732347 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Team is just determined to try to make those 3 3rd period chokes after the ASB (4 points lost because of them) the difference between making and missing the playoffs.

Good for them I guess.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732349 is a reply to message #732347 ]
Mon, 04 March 2019 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

Hire Chia!

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732352 is a reply to message #732349 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I didn't like the defensive shell the team decided to go into in the 3rd but I give them credit for battling back and winning this one. This is a game they had to have to keep their faint playoff hopes alive.

When McDavid hit that post on the empty net, I thought for sure the Sabres would tie it up.

Short stint but ever since Talbot was traded, Koskinen has looked really good except for the Leafs game. I think he is over .920 since the trade. I hope this is a trend of what is to come and make that early signing look like a good one. I would keep playing him a lot.

Leon scored another goal and made another ridiculous pass to set up the game tying goal. Second in the league in goals scored, good chance he will score 50 goals this season. Tied for 5th overall in points with some guy called Sidney Crosby and probably gets 100 points. Man that guy is "overpaid" and lazy. icon_rolleyes

[Updated on: Tue, 05 March 2019 08:21]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732353 is a reply to message #732352 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 11:18

I didn't like the defensive shell the team decided to go into in the 3rd but I give them credit for battling back and winning this one. This is a game they had to have to keep their faint playoff hopes alive.

When McDavid hit that post on the empty net, I thought for sure the Sabres would tie it up.

Short stint but ever since Talbot was traded, Koskinen has looked really good except for the Leafs game. I think he is over .920 since the trade. I hope this is a trend of what is to come and make that early signing look like a good one. I would keep playing him a lot.

Leon scored another goal and made another ridiculous pass to set up the game tying goal. Second in the league in goals scored, good chance he will score 50 goals this season. Tied for 5th overall in points with some guy called Sidney Crosby and probably gets 100 points. Man that guy is "overpaid" and lazy. icon_rolleyes

Drai on pace for 50G, 50A too. When was the last time someone got 50 of each? I don't recall it happening in the last 5 years or so. Maybe Malkin 6-7 years ago? I think he had 50G 50+ A at one point...maybe 2011? Too lazy to look it up right now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732354 is a reply to message #732353 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 08:43

Drai on pace for 50G, 50A too. When was the last time someone got 50 of each? I don't recall it happening in the last 5 years or so. Maybe Malkin 6-7 years ago? I think he had 50G 50+ A at one point...maybe 2011? Too lazy to look it up right now.

I am a big fan of Leon and while I always want ALL players to make less, I never understood the crap this guy takes at times. He still does. Then I look at who's been signed since him. Eichel 10 mill who is not 1.5 mill better and won't outscore Leon. Matthews is 11.634 next year. I have a hard time believing that Matthews is over 3 mill better and I am not convinced he will outscore Leon. Tkachuk for the Flames is coming up who's a very good player. I'd have him on my team. He might not get quite as much as Leon but I bet it's in the ball park. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tkachuk making no more than 1 mill less than Leon and Leon is superior to Tkachuk.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732355 is a reply to message #732354 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 08:51

I am a big fan of Leon and while I always want ALL players to make less, I never understood the crap this guy takes at times. He still does. Then I look at who's been signed since him. Eichel 10 mill who is not 1.5 mill better and won't outscore Leon. Matthews is 11.634 next year. I have a hard time believing that Matthews is over 3 mill better and I am not convinced he will outscore Leon. Tkachuk for the Flames is coming up who's a very good player. I'd have him on my team. He might not get quite as much as Leon but I bet it's in the ball park. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tkachuk making no more than 1 mill less than Leon and Leon is superior to Tkachuk.

I don't think you understand the salary criticisms - those weren't slams on Draisaitl. He needs to take care of himself, and so I believe anyone should try to maximize their earnings. His agent did a good job getting him that deal, and Draisaitl's done a good job living up to it so far.

The criticism is at Chiarelli for signing that deal when he had opportunities to do it cheaper. He could have got Draisaitl under an extension any time in the full year before he actually signed a deal. He could have done the Draisaitl deal first - before McDavid and certainly before bad overpays on Russell and Gryba. He instead waited until the summer and let the agent stoke fears of an offer sheet that wasn't ever likely to happen, and then he paid through the nose.

Yes, the guys signed after him are getting big deals - that's part of the way the system works in the NHL. They base comp on comparables, and Draisaitl getting an extra million bucks a year has an inflationary impact on the Eichel and Matthews deals among others.

I'm thrilled Leon is putting up the numbers. I've been on record many times saying that people's impressions of him as lazy have more to do with his long, efficient strides than they do with any reality. But the Oilers could have saved a million dollars a year over the life of that contract, and for a cap-strapped team, that's significant.

I'm not giving him back, I'm not trading him away. Unlike many Chia-blunders, the Draisaitl deal is one you can live with. But it doesn't mean that Chiarelli didn't blow it, even so.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732359 is a reply to message #732355 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 10:03

I don't think you understand the salary criticisms - those weren't slams on Draisaitl. He needs to take care of himself, and so I believe anyone should try to maximize their earnings. His agent did a good job getting him that deal, and Draisaitl's done a good job living up to it so far.

The criticism is at Chiarelli for signing that deal when he had opportunities to do it cheaper. He could have got Draisaitl under an extension any time in the full year before he actually signed a deal. He could have done the Draisaitl deal first - before McDavid and certainly before bad overpays on Russell and Gryba. He instead waited until the summer and let the agent stoke fears of an offer sheet that wasn't ever likely to happen, and then he paid through the nose.

Yes, the guys signed after him are getting big deals - that's part of the way the system works in the NHL. They base comp on comparables, and Draisaitl getting an extra million bucks a year has an inflationary impact on the Eichel and Matthews deals among others.

I'm thrilled Leon is putting up the numbers. I've been on record many times saying that people's impressions of him as lazy have more to do with his long, efficient strides than they do with any reality. But the Oilers could have saved a million dollars a year over the life of that contract, and for a cap-strapped team, that's significant.

I'm not giving him back, I'm not trading him away. Unlike many Chia-blunders, the Draisaitl deal is one you can live with. But it doesn't mean that Chiarelli didn't blow it, even so.

Completely agree with you on this Adam. I imagine had his deal been done BEFORE Conner’s, his high end would have been mid-high 7.

Either way, the way he’s producing this year he’s a bargain at even 8.5. But imagine if we had an extra Million to work with? That’s a lot of excess with a team up to the cap like us.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732361 is a reply to message #732359 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 11:17

Completely agree with you on this Adam. I imagine had his deal been done BEFORE Conner’s, his high end would have been mid-high 7.

Either way, the way he’s producing this year he’s a bargain at even 8.5. But imagine if we had an extra Million to work with? That’s a lot of excess with a team up to the cap like us.

It hurt our chances to contend in years 1 and 2 of his deal for sure. But, we just wasted those years anyways with far far worse contracts than Drai's. And now, we enter a time period where his cap hit is perfectly in line. All focus is on some poor GM to get rid of like 20M of dead weight from the lineup to create the proper cap space that we should have had right now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732362 is a reply to message #732359 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

You don't think that McDavid's agent and Leon's agent and even the players themselves didn't talk at all prior to the contracts getting signed? Come on, get real. All these players and agents talk all the time. If you wanted to get Leon for 7, you had to do it either mid season or at the start of the year and roll the dice. Don't think for a second that how Leon was in the playoffs didn't raise his ask because it sure did. Doesn't make it right but that's what happens. Go to any team over how ever many years you want to look and as soon as the team and especially the player has playoff success in a contract year, the price goes up.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732369 is a reply to message #732362 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 12:39

You don't think that McDavid's agent and Leon's agent and even the players themselves didn't talk at all prior to the contracts getting signed? Come on, get real. All these players and agents talk all the time. If you wanted to get Leon for 7, you had to do it either mid season or at the start of the year and roll the dice. Don't think for a second that how Leon was in the playoffs didn't raise his ask because it sure did. Doesn't make it right but that's what happens. Go to any team over how ever many years you want to look and as soon as the team and especially the player has playoff success in a contract year, the price goes up.

We looked at comparable wingers and centres re: their point totals and salaries in a different thread. You think if the Oilers had a competent GM and not blank-cheque Chia that Draisaitl would have got what he got? Cmon. Get real.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732373 is a reply to message #732369 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 12:43

We looked at comparable wingers and centres re: their point totals and salaries in a different thread. You think if the Oilers had a competent GM and not blank-cheque Chia that Draisaitl would have got what he got? Cmon. Get real.

This is a team that needed McDavid to suggest he'd take a discount before they were really ready to discuss it.

Chiarelli gave Russell term, maximum dollars AND a no-move clause.

He gave Gryba TWO YEARS after a year where he didn't play in even half the games - and then bought him out because, you know, he'd been such a good soldier.

He traded Eberle for Strome, who he traded for Spooner...all one for one deals.

He thought that Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson was really fair value, and took Shero at his word when he said he couldn't sweeten the pot at all on that.

I think the evidence is there for anyone that cares to look for it. Chiarelli is a really piss poor negotiator. The team could have gotten almost everyone they signed for less, had the Oilers figured out a way to make that happen.

I think everyone can agree that Leon's living up to his contract, which is great news.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732471 is a reply to message #732373 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

I hate to be that guy, but Drai is shooting like 23%. Just want to ground everyone so no one freaks out when he scores like 35 goals next year.

Even at 35 goals and 80 points his contract is good value. Was still a bad contract when they signed it.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732472 is a reply to message #732471 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 17:46

I hate to be that guy, but Drai is shooting like 23%. Just want to ground everyone so no one freaks out when he scores like 35 goals next year.

Even at 35 goals and 80 points his contract is good value. Was still a bad contract when they signed it.

Dude he has 41 on a tire fire of a team with the other teams best players constantly matched against him. We find any form of depth he will probably get 60.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732474 is a reply to message #732472 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 17:00

Dude he has 41 on a tire fire of a team with the other teams best players constantly matched against him. We find any form of depth he will probably get 60.

Fair. He also gets to play with McDavid 60% of the time. And nobody shoots 23% consistently.

He's on pace for 223 shots this year. To score 50 goals while shooting more around his career average (16%), he'd have to take 312 shots. Thats a significant leap. Its possible, there were a couple of forwards above that last year. He's currently 5th among forwards in TOI/game. You would have to think increased depth would cut that back a bit.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732475 is a reply to message #732474 ]
Wed, 06 March 2019 18:44 Go to previous message

5 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 19:36

Babaganoosh2.0 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2019 17:00

Fair. He also gets to play with McDavid 60% of the time. And nobody shoots 23% consistently.

He's on pace for 223 shots this year. To score 50 goals while shooting more around his career average (16%), he'd have to take 312 shots. Thats a significant leap. Its possible, there were a couple of forwards above that last year. He's currently 5th among forwards in TOI/game. You would have to think increased depth would cut that back a bit.

That and there’s positives to the Oilers going out to find a winger that can play with each of 97 and 29 while having them as a 1-2 punch.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732360 is a reply to message #732355 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 09:03

I believe what it comes down to is I think differently when it comes Leon's salary. I have said many, many times, I wish EVERY player was paid less. I wish Leon made less, I wish McDavid made less, I wish Nuge made less. Point out any player on the Oilers roster except those making league minimum and I wish they made less money. If McDavid makes 10.5 mill instead of 12.5, that's 2 mill extra, that's 1 or 2 players. Same goes for Nuge, Leon, whoever you want to pick. But when someone says "Leon is overpaid" he's not in my opinion. I say this because I look at what he does for this team, how many points he's put up and what OTHER players similar in age and ability are signing for and just about every one is signing for significantly more than what Leon did. Then I go further and say, if the Leon was due for a contract this coming season, could the Oilers realistically sign Leon to even the 8.5 he's making right now? Considering Eichel signed for 10 and hasn't put up as good of numbers. considering Matthews is going to make 11.634 mill and Leon will out score him. I know Matthew missed a bunch of games but I have my doubts he hits 50 goals or 100 pts that Leon will most likely hit. Marner is due for a contract and is probably going to get close to Matthews money because he scores more and might be a better player. Regardless, not a chance in hell he's getting 8.5 mill. Leon will out score Marner most likely. Laine is having a down year. What are the chances he gets only 8.5 mill or less? I'd say zero. I like Laine a lot, no chance I trade him for Leon straight up.

So I get it and where you are coming from. Did Chia play top dollar for Leon? Absolutely. Would it be beneficial for the team if he made say 1 mill yes? Absolutely. But like I said, that can be said about McDavid too. But there is no chance in hell Leon and McDavid didn't talk contract to some degree or at least their agents didn't talk money before either of them signed. I am sure Leon's agent had a real good idea how much McDavid was going to get. Leon makes 4 mill LESS than McDavid which is a lot especially given that Leon has turned it up a notch and is proving he's not that far behind McDavid. He's behind McDavid but not 4 mill behind. So to ask Leon to widen the gap even more between he and McDavid, I don't think is realistic. I also think that in order to get the amount of years the Oilers got at that price point, they had to pay a little more. Every year that goes by and the cap goes up, Leon's deal gets better and better. So like I said, while I agree that I wish all Oilers made less, I do not think Leon is overpaid because to replace him with the same player now, will cost you more money based on the market. The Oilers just beat the cheapest, some what close comparable in Eichel and he makes 10 mill. The other guys make more.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732367 is a reply to message #732354 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Something happened with LD ~ 20 games ago, I think he either clicked with one of the staff or decided on his own to change his game. Parts of his game prior, that were open to criticism, seem to be gone. No more low percentage prayer passes, the feet are moving with the puck, defensively better. The switch was hit and went from very good talented player to playing a more complete elite game, I don't know what his turnover stats are now but the difference has to be significant.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732358 is a reply to message #732331 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

So, assuming we lived in an alternate universe where infractions on McDavid actually got called, shouldn't the "hook" McDavid took on his way to blundering the empty netter have resulted in a goal being awarded anyway? My understanding is if you're hooked on a breakaway towards an empty net, it's an automatic goal. Obviously, in this reality, the refs saw no infraction, so I'm really just asking for clarity on the rule. Can't say I recall ever seeing it happen, the auto goal being awarded that is.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Buffalo (Game #66) [message #732363 is a reply to message #732358 ]
Tue, 05 March 2019 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 05 March 2019 11:08

So, assuming we lived in an alternate universe where infractions on McDavid actually got called, shouldn't the "hook" McDavid took on his way to blundering the empty netter have resulted in a goal being awarded anyway? My understanding is if you're hooked on a breakaway towards an empty net, it's an automatic goal. Obviously, in this reality, the refs saw no infraction, so I'm really just asking for clarity on the rule. Can't say I recall ever seeing it happen, the auto goal being awarded that is.

It applies to everyone except Connor, like a lot of other rules.

https://scoutingtherefs.com/2015/10/10244/rangers-nash-award ed-goal-after-drawing-empty-net-penalty/

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Previous Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #67)
Next Topic:Terry Jones on Katz vs. Melnyk
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca