This day on April 23
None

Happy Birthday To: Ramone, Giant Moo, mogal, booyaka!, Blue Thunder, BDR1

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730788]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Carolina to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730794 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Well, not even a McPoint. Could Drai catch Ovi??

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730795 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Current 3-game segment: 0-2 for 0 of 4 points.

Well, Minny is up 4-2 on the Devils with the second winding down. Obviously not over (I mean it’s not the Oilers the Wild are playing) but it’s looking like we’ll be 8 points back. Safe to say playoffs aren’t happening.

Sell the UFAs.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730797 is a reply to message #730795 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:15

Well, Minny is up 4-2 on the Devils with the second winding down. Obviously not over (I mean it’s not the Oilers the Wild are playing) but it’s looking like we’ll be 8 points back. Safe to say playoffs aren’t happening.

Sell the UFAs.

I think they were trying to get three out of every four points. I could be wrong. They're both unlikely outcomes

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730800 is a reply to message #730797 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:17

Sell the UFAs.

I think they were trying to get three out of every four points. I could be wrong. They're both unlikely outcomes

Maybe they're starting that program tomorrow?

By my count, they're currently sitting on 4/20 points in the last 10 games...#QuitHitchcock

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730804 is a reply to message #730797 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 21:17

Sell the UFAs.

Hitch was saying 3 game segments and they need 4 of 6 points from each segment. As the first segment, this one is an epic failure so far, and I mean 2 of 6 is still terrible. Even though they’ve arguably played better these last two games, they’re still showing that there is no secondary scoring. I mean even Nuge seems to have dried up.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730808 is a reply to message #730804 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:22

Sell the UFAs.

Hitch was saying 3 game segments and they need 4 of 6 points from each segment. As the first segment, this one is an epic failure so far, and I mean 2 of 6 is still terrible. Even though they’ve arguably played better these last two games, they’re still showing that there is no secondary scoring. I mean even Nuge seems to have dried up.

To be fair to Nuge, his dry spell seemed to coincide with Lucic getting stapled back to his side. How many points does Lucic have since his big two goal explosion at the start of the year? Can't be many...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730809 is a reply to message #730808 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:26

Sell the UFAs.

To be fair to Nuge, his dry spell seemed to coincide with Lucic getting stapled back to his side. How many points does Lucic have since his big two goal explosion at the start of the year? Can't be many...

I'd make a joke about how I didn't know Lucic was still even playing, but I still totally notice him when he's making terrible plays around our blue line.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730813 is a reply to message #730808 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 21:26

Sell the UFAs.

Valid, that’s something I had forgotten. I’m too Draisaitl to look, but I’d assume 0.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730815 is a reply to message #730813 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:32

Sell the UFAs.

Valid, that’s something I had forgotten. I’m too Draisaitl to look, but I’d assume 0.

Here ya go:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3780/milan-lucic

Hi January to remember included 4 goals and no assists in 11 games. It tied his most productive month of the season with his 1-3-4 October.

In February, he has 0-2-2 in 7 games.

Since the two goal outburst, he's gone 1-2-3 in 11 games - right on pace for a 22 point season. That is slightly above his average for the rest of the season.

For anyone counting at home, 22 points would be $272,727.27 /goal, which is actually a pretty awesome coincidence.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730840 is a reply to message #730815 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:39

Sell the UFAs.

Here ya go:

Hi January to remember included 4 goals and no assists in 11 games. It tied his most productive month of the season with his 1-3-4 October.

Since the two goal outburst, he's gone 1-2-3 in 11 games - right on pace for a 22 point season. That is slightly above his average for the rest of the season.

For anyone counting at home, 22 points would be $272,727.27 /goal, which is actually a pretty awesome coincidence.

Brad Hunt was converted to forward. Only needs 1 more goal (4 in 18 games now) to match Lucic the great (5 in 57 games).

Sounds like a random stat, but I think many players use Lucic as a barometer for their personal achievements.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730868 is a reply to message #730840 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 21:34

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:39

Sell the UFAs.

Here ya go:

Brad Hunt was converted to forward. Only needs 1 more goal (4 in 18 games now) to match Lucic the great (5 in 57 games).

Sounds like a random stat, but I think many players use Lucic as a barometer for their personal achievements.

Toby Rieder and Valeri Nichushkin should be effin' embarrassed to be wingers in the NHL by that metric then. 0g 41 gp for Valeri and 0g 43 gp for Toby. Juho Lammikko, Gabriel Bourque and Tim Schaller also with goose eggs!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730873 is a reply to message #730797 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:17

Sell the UFAs.

Hitch had said 3 pts out of every 4 games, but it sounded weird to me and maybe he meant points?

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730806 is a reply to message #730795 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Sell the UFAs.

Yeah, it's sell time. Too bad we have no one with a clue in management or I would be more hopeful we could do some good sales jobs.

Hope McDavid can get going again, but he seems pretty defeated. ANd Hitch is probably on his butt constantly now, and isn't going to let him run loose. Art Ross is going to be damn tough this year.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730796 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So we outshoot them, and they don't score an empty net goal...that's a solid moral victory, isn't it?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730805 is a reply to message #730796 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 20:16

So we outshoot them, and they don't score an empty net goal...that's a solid moral victory, isn't it?

No fair, Carolina showed up with a goalie.

Did you see the Canes' post game on ice shenanigans? Setting up a baseball diamond then having cheerleaders on the ice for the three stars? Plus a live post game bench interview with the goalie broadcast inside the arena! It looked like "fun". I am not accustomed to seeing "fun" and "hockey"- such a foreign concept here.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730857 is a reply to message #730805 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 19:24

Did you see the Canes' post game on ice shenanigans? Setting up a baseball diamond then having cheerleaders on the ice for the three stars? Plus a live post game bench interview with the goalie broadcast inside the arena! It looked like "fun". I am not accustomed to seeing "fun" and "hockey"- such a foreign concept here.

Fk the fkn Hurricanes.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730867 is a reply to message #730857 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 23:18

Fk the fkn Hurricanes.

Move them back to Hartford! Revive the WHALE!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730915 is a reply to message #730857 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 12:03 Go to previous message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 00:18

Fk the fkn Hurricanes.

Unfortunately it was the Oil who were on the bottom of the fkn last night.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730803 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Showcase back on tomorrow night?

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730807 is a reply to message #730803 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 15 February 2019 21:21

Showcase back on tomorrow night?

Would assume so. Then he’ll fly home after the game with the team only to wake up with his family Sunday morning to board a flight to Detroit to back up Hart.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730810 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Fri, 15 February 2019 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Titters. Pretty much confirmed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730884 is a reply to message #730788 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Last night’s loss makes the NYI game even more important. We need to somehow get 4 points that game. Regulation win and a two point convert ought to do the trick.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57) [message #730898 is a reply to message #730884 ]
Sat, 16 February 2019 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 16 February 2019 09:12

Last night’s loss makes the NYI game even more important. We need to somehow get 4 points that game. Regulation win and a two point convert ought to do the trick.

If Lucky Lou was our GM, he could probably convince Bettman to allow this. Still would have to win to get a chance at the convert though. I imagine it would still end in disappointment.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ N.Y. Islanders (Game #58)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Carolina (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca