This day on April 24
None

Happy Birthday To: foxbird, sspOILERS, hazmat, Tarnom, RankinSpankin

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728373]
Tue, 22 January 2019 03:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Detroit to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2018-19 Regular Season
Saturday, November 3, 2018Edmonton 4 @ Detroit 3Win
Tuesday, January 22, 2019Detroit 3 @ Edmonton 2Loss
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 2/4 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 3/3 Total: 6

2017-18 Regular Season
Sunday, November 5, 2017Detroit 4 @ Edmonton 0Loss
Wednesday, November 22, 2017Edmonton 6 @ Detroit 2Win
Home Record: 0-1-0       Road Record: 1-0-0       Overall Record: 1-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/6 Total: 6
Home / Road Goals Against: 4/2 Total: 6

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728378 is a reply to message #728373 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

The good news, this is the last Oilers game we'll be subjected to until February 2

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728384 is a reply to message #728373 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Must.... I don’t even know anymore. Must McPoint. Yeah. Get that Art Ross, Connor.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728387 is a reply to message #728384 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:15

Must.... I don’t even know anymore. Must McPoint. Yeah. Get that Art Ross, Connor.

Only three points back. All things are still possible.

Must win.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728388 is a reply to message #728387 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

You'd think after getting whipped 2 games in a row, they would come out fired up to play.
You'd think after getting whipped at home 2 games in a row and according to McDavid, the players hear the boos and know how frustrated the fans are, they would come out fired up to play.

But this is the Oilers. Who knows. In theory, the Oilers have better players but the Oilers usually play down to there competition and if a team is below them in the standings, they don't try as hard so I am not expecting much tonight.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728394 is a reply to message #728388 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:27

You'd think after getting whipped 2 games in a row, they would come out fired up to play.
You'd think after getting whipped at home 2 games in a row and according to McDavid, the players hear the boos and know how frustrated the fans are, they would come out fired up to play.

But this is the Oilers. Who knows. In theory, the Oilers have better players but the Oilers usually play down to there competition and if a team is below them in the standings, they don't try as hard so I am not expecting much tonight.

Hate to say it, but the most Oilers thing to happen tonight would be another bad start and Koskinen needs to be pulled.

Because Oilers.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728402 is a reply to message #728394 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh2.0  is currently offline Babaganoosh2.0

No Cups

Come on Detroit. A Red Wings regulation win wins me 829.70 on a sport select.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728406 is a reply to message #728394 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:57

Hate to say it, but the most Oilers thing to happen tonight would be another bad start and Koskinen needs to be pulled.

Because Oilers.

Koskinen is outstanding tonight. He gets first star. He does a little interview at the bench. He knows all the fans are a bit unhappy with his contract so he grabs the mic and tells the fans to don't worry, he's got this!! Then goes on to be outstanding and all is good.

I know, I know. It won't happen but I am trying to make myself feel better about my team.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728407 is a reply to message #728406 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:26

Because Oilers.

Koskinen is outstanding tonight. He gets first star. He does a little interview at the bench. He knows all the fans are a bit unhappy with his contract so he grabs the mic and tells the fans to don't worry, he's got this!! Then goes on to be outstanding and all is good.

I know, I know. It won't happen but I am trying to make myself feel better about my team.

Guess everyone deals with grief their own way. I prefer the way of bashing the hell out of the people that caused the pain. For whatever reason, that helps :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728409 is a reply to message #728407 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:27

Because Oilers.

Guess everyone deals with grief their own way. I prefer the way of bashing the hell out of the people that caused the pain. For whatever reason, that helps :)

There should be support groups out there for Oilers fans.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728410 is a reply to message #728409 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:36

Because Oilers.

There is. It's called oilfans.com

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728414 is a reply to message #728410 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:37

Because Oilers.

Not really. LOL. This place tends to make a person more miserable at times.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728429 is a reply to message #728414 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:47

Because Oilers.

Where would you go? Keeping it inside is dangerous. Speaking for myself, I'd do something 'newsworthy' if I didn't have something like Oilfans or similar for the last 12 years.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728432 is a reply to message #728429 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 12:27

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:47

Because Oilers.

Where would you go? Keeping it inside is dangerous. Speaking for myself, I'd do something 'newsworthy' if I didn't have something like Oilfans or similar for the last 12 years.

Ditto.

It's therapeutic, to a degree, being part of this site, the OilFans family icon_cool

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728478 is a reply to message #728414 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 20:02 Go to previous message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:47

Because Oilers.

Hello, I'm Xombie and I can't cheer for any other NHL teams.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728419 is a reply to message #728410 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:37

Because Oilers.

GOLD!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728416 is a reply to message #728407 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Because Oilers.

Personally, I'd love if the Oiler players went full WWE and started cutting promos after the game.

"Finally The Kosk™ has re-signed with Edmont... you know what Jespo, give me the mic. The Kosk is the Oilers know. Don't start chanting Kosky yet, you gotta listen to what I have to say. Last night The Kosk did Chia a favor and signed on to be savior of this team and city. So The Kosk said now I need a favor, now I need a live mic in front on Edmonton. Stop cheering. Is this the first you've heard your city's name? 'Edmonton, that's what's where we live! He said our name! Yayyyy!' Shut up. The Kost wanted to come here to Edmonton here is where it all started. You see it was here in Edmonton where the people turned on the people's goalie. What did I give you? 3 shut outs. And you boo me. YOU. BOO. ME. I remember. What did you think? That I'd just forget? That I'd just let it slide? Did you think that?... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. No no. You don't boo The Kosk. The Kosk gets more rubber in a week than you get in a lifetime. Shut up. What do you want? Talbot? Boy-swa? DOOB-nik? Tommy Salo? You know about Tommy Salo right? It was me. I banged his wife. That's right. I did it. And I was only 14 years old. You see? There is only one. There is only one true goaltender of the north. Because there is nothing, and I mean nothing compared to The Kosk. You know who I am? I'll tell you who I am... the jabroni stopping, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, stronger than a bear, faster than a buck, the biggest thing to hit Canada, because the Oil Patch sucks.

>crowds boos
>The Kosk drops the mic and the signed stick and exits the ice.
>Cue music

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728425 is a reply to message #728416 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:48

Because Oilers.

Personally, I'd love if the Oiler players went full WWE and started cutting promos after the game.

"Finally The Kosk™ has re-signed with Edmont... you know what Jespo, give me the mic. The Kosk is the Oilers know. Don't start chanting Kosky yet, you gotta listen to what I have to say. Last night The Kosk did Chia a favor and signed on to be savior of this team and city. So The Kosk said now I need a favor, now I need a live mic in front on Edmonton. Stop cheering. Is this the first you've heard your city's name? 'Edmonton, that's what's where we live! He said our name! Yayyyy!' Shut up. The Kost wanted to come here to Edmonton here is where it all started. You see it was here in Edmonton where the people turned on the people's goalie. What did I give you? 3 shut outs. And you boo me. YOU. BOO. ME. I remember. What did you think? That I'd just forget? That I'd just let it slide? Did you think that?... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. No no. You don't boo The Kosk. The Kosk gets more rubber in a week than you get in a lifetime. Shut up. What do you want? Talbot? Boy-swa? DOOB-nik? Tommy Salo? You know about Tommy Salo right? It was me. I banged his wife. That's right. I did it. And I was only 14 years old. You see? There is only one. There is only one true goaltender of the north. Because there is nothing, and I mean nothing compared to The Kosk. You know who I am? I'll tell you who I am... the jabroni stopping, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, stronger than a bear, faster than a buck, the biggest thing to hit Canada, because the Oil Patch sucks.

>crowds boos
>Cue music

Gold. You clearly missed a calling, Pi...or you watched too much rasslin.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728428 is a reply to message #728425 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:23

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:48

Because Oilers.

>crowds boos
>Cue music

Gold. You clearly missed a calling, Pi...or you watched too much rasslin.

The latter.

I ripped off The Rock in Toronto and added something about Tommy Salo.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728423 is a reply to message #728407 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Because Oilers.

The therapeutic benefit of Oilfans is demonstrated.

I'm old enough to remember a life without the internet, social media (most of us are), and Oilfans. Prior to that we'd be reduced to pis*ing and moaning about the Oilers in bars and coffee shops. Much more dignity in the therapeutic release here. Many thanks to technology!!

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728426 is a reply to message #728423 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:21

Because Oilers.

I'm old enough to remember a life without the internet, social media (most of us are), and Oilfans. Prior to that we'd be reduced to pis*ing and moaning about the Oilers in bars and coffee shops. Much more dignity in the therapeutic release here. Many thanks to technology!!

Or even worse... call in radio shows.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728433 is a reply to message #728426 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:24

K.McC#24 wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:21

Because Oilers.

Or even worse... call in radio shows.

Yes I can remember purposely getting Bryan Hall going by telling him the CFL was a 'dying league' back in the day. My last call into sports talk radio was when Bonds was going for the home run record, telling the host (can't remember who or what station) that Ruth's record should still stand because he was either drunk or hung over for much of his career.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728412 is a reply to message #728373 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Jack Michaels @EdmontonJack
2m2 minutes ago
Oilers vs Detroit:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian
Spooner-Cave-Yamamoto

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning-Petrovic

Koskinen

Spooner getting a chance!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728418 is a reply to message #728412 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:41

2m2 minutes ago
Oilers vs Detroit:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian
Spooner-Cave-Yamamoto

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning-Petrovic

Koskinen

Oh good gawd, Benning in the second pairing.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728420 is a reply to message #728418 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:49

2m2 minutes ago
Oilers vs Detroit:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian
Spooner-Cave-Yamamoto

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning-Petrovic

Koskinen

Spooner?? .. clear him and bring him back?
Spooner-Cave-Yamo will be eaten alive.

We have only 3 top 6 forwards, the rest are 4th liners, or should still be in the AHL.
Now that's Progress!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728430 is a reply to message #728420 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 11:57

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 09:49

2m2 minutes ago
Oilers vs Detroit:

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian
Spooner-Cave-Yamamoto

Nurse-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning-Petrovic

Koskinen

Spooner-Cave-Yamo will be eaten alive.

We have only 3 top 6 forwards, the rest are 4th liners, or should still be in the AHL.
Now that's Progress!

Yeah this 4th line, even with soooooft minutes will be eaten alive.

I also like how there has been so much of late made about how the Oilers don't have an identity and now we see Hitch put the "Identity Line" back together... perhaps the worst name for a line, ever, btw.

I can understand them keeping JP up... but why on earth is Yamamoto still up and now given time with Cave and Spooner?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728431 is a reply to message #728420 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 13:57

We have only 3 top 6 forwards

And 2 top 4 D. Good times.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728445 is a reply to message #728431 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I am more worried about the forwards and where they can get some depth not only for the rest of this season but going forward.

With Klefbom coming back after this game:
Klef- Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Manning/Petrovic/Gravel/Benning. Even Jones. While not amazing, I think you can do alright with that defense

For next year with Klef, Larson, Nurse, Jones. I think they have the makings of a decent 4 out out 6 dmen. Factor in maybe Russell, Bouchard, Bear, Benning, maybe an addition. I am not that worried about the defense. It's the forwards. I don't know what Puljujarvi is or will be. He could be another 2 years from being decent for all we know. Yamo I think is a ways away.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728446 is a reply to message #728445 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 14:09

I am more worried about the forwards and where they can get some depth not only for the rest of this season but going forward.

Klef- Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Manning/Petrovic/Gravel/Benning. Even Jones. While not amazing, I think you can do alright with that defense

For next year with Klef, Larson, Nurse, Jones. I think they have the makings of a decent 4 out out 6 dmen. Factor in maybe Russell, Bouchard, Bear, Benning, maybe an addition. I am not that worried about the defense. It's the forwards. I don't know what Puljujarvi is or will be. He could be another 2 years from being decent for all we know. Yamo I think is a ways away.

Bingo, pending health, the defence isn't TERRIBLE after the break. At least when compared to the forward group (outside of 97, obviously).

Would think Petro/Gravel would be a serviceable 3rd pair, swapping Benning with Gravel here and there.

Manning is a #8 with that group. Lars should go back to what he is, he's a much different player with Klefbom. Can tell he trusts and loves to play with Oscar.

Re: Forwards, I think thats where the 2019 1st comes in... yes yes yes... I've been grilled in other threads for it but I still think the 2019 1st, lottery protected, is better used on a player that can help us now and going forward. Not sure Chiarelli and the "Collab" are the ones to make that deal though...

The way the forward group is right now, they're putting a lot of hope into Benson and possibly Marody to be full time NHL guys soon. Which i don't see either as a top 6 option. And same goes for Yamamoto right now, dude looks a ways away yet.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728451 is a reply to message #728446 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Interesting 4th line. Spooner - Cave - Yamo.

So do we call it the hope and pray line? We hope they can produce offense and pray they don't get absolutely crushed defensively.

I wonder if Spooner will play hungry? So the team is saying "We are OK just to give you away to anyone who will take you for nothing. Then to have no team take you. If that doesn't light a fire under your ass, then nothing will. Spooner has the skill to do something but I have my doubts anything will happen.

Rieder taking a much needed seat for Spooner. Long overdue for him. 36 games and not a single goal for a guy that has scored 12+ every year until this year. Come on.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 14:17]

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728462 is a reply to message #728445 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 13:09

Klef- Larsson
Nurse - Russell

So you’re going to be really really mad when they trade Nuge for Ceci, eh?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728463 is a reply to message #728462 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 18:16

Klef- Larsson
Nurse - Russell

I'm still kind of surprised they didn't trade Nuge and Klefbom for lesser versions of each other over the summer. Everything was lined up for that one. Still time, I guess.

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728467 is a reply to message #728463 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 18:20

Adam wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 18:16

Klef- Larsson
Nurse - Russell

I'm still kind of surprised they didn't trade Nuge and Klefbom for lesser versions of each other over the summer. Everything was lined up for that one. Still time, I guess.

I pretty firmly believe they’d have dealt Klefbom if he hadn’t needed surgery. Pretty certain we’d have lost that trade had it happened. The 97/93 line clicking late last year saved Nuge. Suddenly it looked too likely that the trade would. E deeply unpopular, especially with the media beating the drum to have Draisaitl centring his own line...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728455 is a reply to message #728420 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:57

Poor Rattie, Hitch really must hate him.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 15:06]

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728456 is a reply to message #728455 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 15:02

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 22 January 2019 10:57

Poor Rattie.

I am not sticking up for Spooner because he has sucked. But what has Rattie done ever? Spooner had 41 pts last year, 39 pts and 49 pts in the 2 other seasons. So he's got the skill set to be a 40 pt player. So if there is a chance you might get something out of a player, I'd try Spooner first just based on past history. I don't expect anything will happen but anything is possible.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2019 15:10]

Re: Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50) [message #728470 is a reply to message #728455 ]
Tue, 22 January 2019 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

If Koskinen gets a shut out or even keeps the score low with both Manning and Benning in the line-up, he deserves every cent of that new contract. Go Koski go! ( so called winnable games never seem to go well when it comes to this team )

Previous Topic:GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #50)
Next Topic:Spooner and Rattie on waivers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca