This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726731 is a reply to message #726729 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

overdue wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 10:21

Adam wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:57

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:49

2 days later and I'm still disgusted by Lucic and his lack of action against his former team. I can only surmise that this guy is not an Oiler, he may play for the team but he doesn't care for the team.

Strip the A off the chump.

Out of interest, does anyone know when Lucic was given the A? Was it as soon as he arrived? You'd have thought the Oilers would have learned from Ference the dangers of throwing a letter on a guy who is brand new to the group.

For what it's worth, I've always thought the players should pick their captain. They know who the leader is - so why is management so often the ones making that choice?

Pretty sure they pasted the A on him on day one, proudly parading him as that veteran leadership and physical presence ( with stanley cup ring on hand ) they so badly needed to help guide this team to glory. ( Didn't work ) Turns out he's too slow and can't stick handle so has a hard time setting an on ice example to follow. You would think they would learn from past mistakes like Ference but they never seem to. Not really Lucic's fault, he is what he is, it's short sighted management as usual,

https://postmediaedmontonjournal2.files.wordpress.com/2016/1 0/fabfour.jpg

Think that was before Lucic hit the ice once for us.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726732 is a reply to message #726720 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 08:57

2 days later and I'm still disgusted by Lucic and his lack of action against his former team. I can only surmise that this guy is not an Oiler, he may play for the team but he doesn't care for the team.

Out of interest, does anyone know when Lucic was given the A? Was it as soon as he arrived? You'd have thought the Oilers would have learned from Ference the dangers of throwing a letter on a guy who is brand new to the group.

For what it's worth, I've always thought the players should pick their captain. They know who the leader is - so why is management so often the ones making that choice?

It was the day they announced 97 as the captain, they also announced the 3 A's: Nuge, Lucic, and at the time Eberle. Larsson, of course, has the 3rd A now. And yes, that was before Lucic had played his first game as an Oiler. I didn't have a problem with Lucic being given an A at the time. Now though, I think Leon or Nurse should have that A.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 January 2019 10:27]

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726736 is a reply to message #726732 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 10:25

It was the day they announced 97 as the captain, they also announced the 3 A's: Nuge, Lucic, and at the time Eberle. Larsson, of course, has the 3rd A now. And yes, that was before Lucic had played his first game as an Oiler. I didn't have a problem with Lucic being given an A at the time. Now though, I think Leon or Nurse should have that A.

I dislike guys getting letters before they play for the team. As a player coming in, you don't have enough relationships in the room to really be a day one leader. If you have that strength of personality, it won't matter anyhow - people will quickly gravitate to you with or without the letter.

It looks so top-down driven though, especially when you're the big acquisition/signing by the GM. The funny thing with the Oilers is that they did it right when Pronger came. He was a big leader, but they didn't need to throw a letter at him to make that happen.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726738 is a reply to message #726736 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 09:48

jds308 wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 10:25

I dislike guys getting letters before they play for the team. As a player coming in, you don't have enough relationships in the room to really be a day one leader. If you have that strength of personality, it won't matter anyhow - people will quickly gravitate to you with or without the letter.

It looks so top-down driven though, especially when you're the big acquisition/signing by the GM. The funny thing with the Oilers is that they did it right when Pronger came. He was a big leader, but they didn't need to throw a letter at him to make that happen.

I tend to agree. They could have easily left that 3rd A vacant and given it to Lucic later in the year, or not at all.

Didn't Pronger end up with an A later that season?

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726741 is a reply to message #726738 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 11:04

I tend to agree. They could have easily left that 3rd A vacant and given it to Lucic later in the year, or not at all.

Didn't Pronger end up with an A later that season?

He apparently wore one SOME of the time - this photo is from the Detroit series apparently - but I think he was an injury replacement alternate only. This is the only image I could find in a quick search where he has the A.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/12/12/34/2664203/4/920x920.jpg

This is the Stanley Cup Finals and he's not wearing one:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/chris-pronger-of-the-edmonton-oilers-skates-with-kevyn-adams-of-the-picture-id71265636?s=612x612

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726742 is a reply to message #726741 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

He made it onto a card with an A as well:

https://kronozio.blob.core.windows.net/images/card/8b9715d9ee394e78952a2736c353b308_front.jpg

Man he was good. Even with one eye, he could probably still crack our top 4 today.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #41) [message #726761 is a reply to message #726742 ]
Mon, 07 January 2019 16:53 Go to previous message
overdue  is currently offline overdue

No Cups

I remember watching him live against Boston, a high scoring game that they ended up losing but he was like a machine, Live, I could just watch what he does. So efficient and if he did make a mistake he was always in a position to correct it. Great player! Much like Lidstrom from Detroit only a lot meaner.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca